It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aug 2 State Dept Issues WORLD WIDE Travel Alert until Aug 31

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
There has not been a genuine terrorist attack for may years - ever since they figured out that FEAR was the most powerful controlling emotion, not LOVE. Remember the 60's - all about love, then the 70's were all about fear - terrorists and oil crisis etc.
Since then it has ALL been false flag and state sponsored. To keep everyone in fear (yes debt is used to control us as well, but fear has replaced love).
There will be no attack, there will be no disaster. But something will get missed in the news. I have noticed in the past 6 or so months that some major media outlets were publishing material I previously would have thought to be banned - blacklisted. So I always live in hope that one day the people of the world will wake up and smell the flowers, and escape from the slavery that is their life.
Some bill will pass without major media coverage, or some more whistleblowers will commit suicide.
Dont worry, be happy

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Perhaps the embassy closings and the travel alerts are to keep the U.S. citizens IN the country?

Think about it...the U.S. arming Al Qaeda, thousands of Islamist radicals breaking out of multiple jails/prisons (with U.S or CIA help?), the most advanced global intelligence agency in the world - turning their tactics inward, onto itself, our international security no longer facing outward - they have turned to face its citizens.

It's looking more and more like we're being corralled, not warned. Perhaps the attack will be here, on us!

I've never known this administration to warn us on any foreign threat. Not once! Never! They only warn of the threat within, here, on the U.S. soil with our own citizens. This administration excuses and protects outside threats to the U.S., not the other way around.

Yeah, something is up. For certain.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chibears85
Very odd. I wonder if anything happens, when it will happen and what will it be...

I wonder if it will be the stranded 'attack NYC and DC' that has already happened and is mentioned for more attacks to come.

On August 31 something IS going to happen. I really do not know exactly how to prepare for it myself. It will be something like an EMP. I had assumed it was going to be a natural phenomenon occuring with the sun but now after reading this, maybe it is a man-made strike of some sort. All you can do is keep your loved ones close on that day because if they are not nearby, you may not be able to contact them for a while.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Yea, the FBI will have finished its investigation into the matter...and congress will have the State Dept records on the matter after their subpeona.

CNN - New FBI Director to face GOP Heat for Benghazi Investigation
CNN

Guess this tells you what the meeting Hillary Clinton had with Obama and Biden was about, as well as why the alert lasts for thirty days.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheebie23
reply to post by MidnightTide

I think ItDepends is just asking what kind of false flag you think the US (or whoever) would be pulling, why & where?

Just be prepared for anything on August 31. Keep your loved ones close. It is a Saturday.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
As opposed to August 3rd thru the 30th when all bets are off.
"You stay classy San Diego."

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Yes it somehow involves the Jewish Shabbat rituals also.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Even better.....Edinburgh Festivals
Really. This should be the Travel Alert for August. Ya know, for perspective.
Sounds pretty righteous.

The world’s largest arts festival has begun, filling up Edinburgh’s nooks and crannies – and hilltops – with over 2 800 shows performed by over 24 000 artists, in 273 venues across the capital.

You can tell it’s beginning; performers walk in lines carrying props along the street, or costume up and begin the season on the Royal Mile, flyering earlycomers. But this is just the warm-up; in a couple of days, the Mile will be filled, the city beyond bustling, and Fringe guides in cafes will be well-thumbed.

This year’s Fringe features an impressive mixture of (in the order they are listed in the guide
cabaret, children’s shows, comedy, dance and physical theatre, events, exhibitions, music, musicals and opera, spoken word and theatre. Coming in at 392 pages, the programme is a hefty tome – while to some a crucial festival-going prop, others can choose to download it onto smartphones or access it online. Whatever your platform, it’s time to start flicking/scrolling/clicking through.

Even worse....Back to School Shopping Month.
edit on 3-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
What I don't understand is why do they cut the alert off at 8/31??? Are all al Qaeda operatives going on a vacation or something?

Yeah and why would they announce it? Sounds silly. Let the Al Qaeda know exactly when we'll let our guard down. Sounds like a bunch of bull to me.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Im still guessing this is all about Syria.

the Assad backers have almost taken Homms, Homms is the key to the rebels. Its close to the border, its where it all began. If the rebels lose Homms, Assad wins and defeats the insurgency.

I really think the US and Israel are going to ramp up their strikes against Syria.

Cannot wait to see the world erupt in the next few weeks if I'm right.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Chibears85
I think otherwise. I think this could be a real threat and not a 'distraction'.

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
I havn't seen one of these in a long time either. This doesn't feel right. I do not like this at ALL

I kind of agree with you guys. I think that there could be something up for real. I have no idea if it's staged or real. But it wouldn't surprise me if 'something' was going on. And as was said previously .. Sept 11 is just a few weeks away. We could be a build up for something with that as well.

It's hard to tell, with all the lies we've been told. So, I suggest that this is a good time to stock up on extra food, water, supplies, medicines, etc. It does not hurt to be prepared. I also suggest keeping the gas tank toward the full side. I started doing this after 9/11 because I will never forget the long lines to the gas stations as people tried to fill up in a panic.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Am I missing something or is it absolutely insane that the US can close these embassies, issue a travel alert, and our President go hang out at the Vineyards?! HOW?

Louis and Marie Antoinette need their vacations too.
2nd

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I agree this is odd. I fail to understand why the companion warning that follows these alerts was not issued this time. Normally it would read "no specific threats or countries were included in the alert"

Could the intelligence really be that good?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
With more revelations coming out by the day, the US is getting flak for its global surveillance. Right on cue we have a global threat - the latest news being that the threat was picked up by electronic surveillance. You couldn't make it up. Oh wait....

edit on 3-8-2013 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Wow! You do have conflicting views on the same topic!

My Post

Mine was among the first 'New Topics' on this subject, yet on my post you had the following to say...

Um.. read a few threads around here right now... I don't see anything false happening. S is Happening Today, Fact.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't get too worked up about this stuff usually, today I have been glued to the current events with a huge pit in my stomach, for what it's worth.
edit on 2-8-2013 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

Whereas, here you surly suspect a false flag! Super swing of opinions!

Although, I do have to say here that I deeply suspect a false flag event which might lead to something big in the middle east.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity

That's not even this THREAD number one
Number two, No I don't expect a false flag and never did.
What the hell are you on?
Argue your thread in your thread, for Christ sake.
edit on 3-8-2013 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Hmmm.......

I have noticed, over the past two weeks, maybe even longer, a significant increase in the number of night flying helicopters. Despite that I live near a small municipal airport, this is highly unusual, due to noise ordinances and the like. Helicopters only fly at night when there is a damned good reason or emergency. I've watched them a few times, they are definitely not police helicopters, despite the increase in police activity and sirens. From the outlines, the do look military, though it is too dark for sure. Military choppers would be even weirder: McChord/Lewis Joint base is a good 30 miles south of me, and when they do exercises, they take their birds east over to Yakima or stay down at Lewis. They definitely do not play over areas as heavily populated as where I live. The helicopters I've seen also remain in place for a long time, often several minutes, instead of just flying on or around. Again, this is unusual for the area, unless something major is going on. Checked the newspapers and local news, can't find anything that would explain this.

I wonder if it is somehow related to this new "threat" in some way, shape, or form. I myself am not concerned about terrorism, given that everyday there are far deadlier or more worrisome threats that I face by simply living the rat race and trying to drive to work on time. Not to mention the troubles of the economy, the NSA spying, Obamacrae, and crime. I do, however, wonder why the increase in helicopter activity.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Rep. King says - Al Qaeda threat is 'very specific' as US issues travel alert

The Al Qaeda threat that prompted the State Department to issue a worldwide travel alert and close down 21 embassies and consulates for the weekend is serious and 'very specific,' Rep. Peter King, chairman of the Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence, said Friday.

“We’re not certain exactly where something might happen but it’s very specific as to when and it’s also very specific as to the fact that it is going to happen, so we have to be on alert everywhere,” the New York Republican told WINS-AM.

edit on 8/3/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

How is this specific without a specified date, rather it is just a range of dates (August 2nd through the 31st?); and without a specific target? Am I missing something? Is the "specific date" on the 31st? If so, why the 29 day prequel? Twenty-nine days are too many days to leave embassies empty and Americans not traveling (which, btw, August is one of, if not THE most traveled month for American families). This will kill the travel industry!

Let's keep digg'n ATSers! Something isn't right here!

I plan to see Sublime with Rome at the Harley Davidson's 110 Year Celebration on August 30th! So, if something big is coming on the 31st, then at least I spent my last night partying with great people!

edit on 3-8-2013 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2013 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

We're discussing this thread on ATS Live Show #172 - 3rd August 2013

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join