It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Push Tries to Confiscate Firearms From Felons, Mentally Ill

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by suz62
reply to post by crazyewok

You must be infallible. Never said the wrong thing. Never made a bad decision. Never suffered consequences as a result of same. What's it feel like to be God?

Everybody screws up including you. Felons just screw up bigger. Many get out and become productive members of society.

If it were up to you, anyone who has ever made a mistake would be permanently stabbed through the heart. Anyone with an ounce of compassion knows you don't rehabilitate people by being a full-time asshole to them.

Don't ever get a job in the prison system. There'll be no rehab under your administration.

No I have never assaulted, raped, mugged or murderd anyone.

But I have made mistakes (not illegal ones anway) which consequences still linger on to this day. I cant turn back time I have to live with said mistakes.

Thats life.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by neo96

Don't think a criminal record should follow a person around their entire lives that is just me.

Even if they are say a sex offender?

If you get arrested for heavy petting with your girlfriend in an automobile at the local "lovers lane" even though you both may be well into adulthood - it's a sex crime. Ever been to a "swingers club" where public overt sexual activity occure - another sex crime even when all parties are consensual and over the age of consent. Somebody sees you naked in your own home through an uncovered window, it's a sex crime. Hell, being caught bare footed with a member of the opposite sex while under the age of consent used to be considered "fourth degree statutory rape" in some backwoods states - another sex crime.

Care to elaborate on what kind of sex crime should follow you through life? Or WHY that should be a valid reason for removal of one's 2nd Amendment rights?

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa

Care to elaborate on what kind of sex crime should follow you through life? O

What do you think? Use your freaking common sense and stop missing the point on purpose.

You know what screw this thread. It seems to be for dense rednecks who want to see everybody insane and dangrous with a gun.

If thats the America you want great....just dont complain when the sky rocketing crime rates wreck you social structure and econemy because Im for one wont be travelling to the USA to do buisness there and I sure plenty of others wont either.
edit on 27-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

Stars to both you and SecretWeapon.
The only demented thing about this stance is the repurcussions that could ensue just for vocalizing the sentiment.
As for me, I don't talk about it, but I DO have signage on my property....

ganjoa
edit on 27-7-2013 by ganjoa because: sepelling

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

What do you think? Use your freaking common sense and stop missing the point on purpose.

You know what screw this thread. It seems to be for dense rednecks who want to see everybody insane and dangrous with a gun.

If thats the America you want great....just dont complain when the sky rocketing crime rates wreck you social structure and econemy because Im for one wont be travelling to the USA to do buisness there and I sure plenty of others wont either.

Okay goodbye. The point is that lack of specificity is nothing more than prejudicial opinion. Glad to see you acknowledge that in your own attitudes.

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Everybody lives with consequences. If you've read my posts you know that not all felons are violent.

In my state swiping a car will get you prison time. Why should someone who steals a car and does his time be prohibited from owning a gun? Why should someone who passes bad checks be prohibited from owning a firearm?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So in other words with everything I been reading here already by those already affected with gun ban due to encounters with the law, the whole entire nation gun owners could be stripped of their guns in not time, specially with all those on antidepressants.

I find this very depressing, I see that the government is indeed after those law abiding citizens that still can hold to the 2nd amendment, everybody else is fair game.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

In my state swiping a car will get you prison time. Why should someone who steals a car and does his time be prohibited from owning a gun? Why should someone who passes bad checks be prohibited from owning a firearm?

No I agree with you on that. It should be refined so only violent offender get hit with the ban.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Is UK law consistent across the country? Here, with 50 states, we have 50 different interpretations of the law.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

It always makes me laugh when someone who knows very little about real American culture, classifies everybody that is a strong 2A supporter as a "redneck". Most responsible gun owners are anything but. I guess you're always going to have those who love to stereotype though.

As I have said dozens of times on this board, most gun owners are law-abiding, educated, responsible, and safe. You would be absolutely amazed at who owns guns. Believe me. We're not all rednecks. But, btw, I love rednecks. Most are good and decent people with just a twist of off-the-wall.
edit on 27-7-2013 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords

It always makes me laugh when someone who knows very little about real American culture, classifies everybody that is a strong 2A supporter as a "redneck". Most responsible gun owners are anything but. I guess you're always going to have those who love to stereotype though.

As I have said dozens of times on this board, most gun owners are law-abiding, educated, responsible, and safe. You would be absolutely amazed at who owns guns. Believe me. We're not all rednecks. But, btw, I love rednecks. Most are good and decent people with just a twist of weird.

No you missunderstand me.

I am nots saying ban guns or anything like that.

What im saying is you need common sense
You can give a weapon to a dangrous person and expect a good outcome thats insane.

I dont see what wrong with restricting guns to violent offenders and serious mental health problems.
To think otherwise is foolish.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Is UK law consistent across the country? Here, with 50 states, we have 50 different interpretations of the law.

Yeah with the exception of parking lawsits its consistent but then what do you expect from a country the size of a medium size US state.

Though I did think you had fedral rules that cover the major crimes like Murder, rape, armed robbery, assault?
I know the sentanceing is diffrent but are not those crimes the same? If not I can see the difficluty in a fedral law on banning firearms for felons and mentaly ill.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I'm not sure about federal law and other states. I only know the law in my state and that laws vary between the states.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

We already have laws with these restrictions. But, we need to be careful with the depths and degrees that We, The People, allow them to use going forward in determining mental illness and certain felony offenses.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

It just never stops to amaze me at the logic and reasoning of people on this issue of gun control.

Sure is interesting to watch the loons come out of the wood work thinking they are some kinda last line freedomfighters of save amerika .

I gave up reasoning with you people about the issue and really could careless what happens down there from the attitude and hate people display for those with a different view. I would hope the government takes away the guns as from what I have seen there are way to many people who do not seem fit to even own a fire arm and thats just from what I have seen on ats . I do realize that you people are probably a minority but given the site and it's nature sure does make it look like a majority on this international forum

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords

We already have laws with these restrictions. But, we need to be careful with the depths and degrees that We, The People, allow them to use going forward in determining mental illness and certain felony offenses.

I agree with that.

I mean no you dont want have your guns conficated just beacuse you got caught jay walking or you have depressions for a few months. That would be too far. The trick here is finding a balance. But some on this thread it seems would be happy to have people handing out guns to people as they just get out of jail or the local looney bin.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

No you missunderstand me.

I am nots saying ban guns or anything like that.

What im saying is you need common sense
You can give a weapon to a dangrous person and expect a good outcome thats insane.

I dont see what wrong with restricting guns to violent offenders and serious mental health problems.
To think otherwise is foolish.

lol give up bro there is no reasoning with these people don't waste your evening they will never get it or understand it

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Most of the mass shooters are just MK-Ultra mind-controlled patsies, programmed to detonate by the covert operators. All to create anti-gun hysteria to destroy our civil liberties and get us defenseless before the New World Order.

Enough with compromising our civil liberties away.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

FreedomSlave....I think you are misunderstanding. Most gun-owners do not want violent felons or truly crazy people to be able to own firearms. There is a fringe that interpret the words "shall not be infringed" to apply across the board regardless of criminal or mental status. Most don't feel that way.

Responsible American gun-owners, of which there are millions, are not crazy irresponsible dumbasses just waiting to shoot somebody....We are soccer moms
We are business owners, working class Joes and Janes, executives, church-goers, atheists, volunteer workers, dedicated family people, and the whole gammut of regular people with an American tradition that we hold dear and necessary to our meaning of freedom.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schillinger
It seems it's impossible to understand the term "shall not be infringed".

Oh well.

You left out "well regulated." I don't want crazy people owning guns. Further, I don't want cops that beat the # out of their wives or girlfriends to own a gun, since that gets such garbage off the street.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join