It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Push Tries to Confiscate Firearms From Felons, Mentally Ill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

More than 1 in 10 in U.S. take antidepressants

Eleven percent of Americans over age 12 take antidepressants according to a report released Wednesday by the Centers for Disease Control. The study, compiled by the National Center for Health Statistics, looked at data from 2005 to 2008. Among the other key findings:

thechart.blogs.cnn.com...

So I am not afraid to say that by now is about 1 in 5 in the US.

that is a lot of gun confiscations that the government will have to work on in order to take guns from the hands of the "unstable"

Depression should not qualify for getting rejected. Millions suffer from this for hundreds of reasons. Someone died, drug abuse, anti-social behavior, lack of money, alcohol abuse, frequent arguements with spouse or boss, etc.

Schizophrenia is much more serious. Some people that are depressed and never get treatment become psychos. Very few but still enough. These people need help FIRST before they get any gun. Common sense says so.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

We're not discussing "gateway" mental illness. Depression does not lead to schizophrenia. They are two separate maladies.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Second Amendment advocates, please stay on top of this issue.

TPTB are hell bent on taking guns away from Americans. Count on it. Believe it. Watch each nudge as it happens.

Here are just 2 dots for you to connect: (There are more)

Dot #1 -- Why do you think this administration has brought the CDC in on the gun violence issue?

Dot #2 -- The changes made to DSM-iv to DSM-5

Do you gamble? Do you use tobacco? Do you have sleep apnea? Do you hoard? Do you have ADHD? Do you take anti-depressants? Do you have a phobia? Are you a nail-biter? Do you tend to be overly jealous? Do you tend to be a hypochondriac? Do you have unexplained somatic pain? Do you have an eating disorder? Do you have "restless leg syndrome"? I could go on and on, but you get the point. Check it out for yourselves.

What I'm saying is WATCH OUT when TPTB try to base gun ownership on ANYTHING listed in the DSM-5. If you are not aware of what "they" are calling psychiatric issues, and "they" decide to base your right to bear arms on anything described therein, you might find yourself listed as "mentally ill".

There is an agenda at work and we need to stay vigilant and informed.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

Good post. Wish I'd thought of it.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Is a big problem when the morons political whores try to pass laws to target what they call one specific group in the nation, the laws also end up targeting the overall population because the loopholes and unclear wording of the bill.

Still many killings also are within the so call "sane" groups of the population that do not take anti depressants or are under any medical care.

But then again to target the entire population of the US for mental health was something that didn't agree much with the voters and tax payers, remember Bush proposed mental screening?, why do that when more than half of the population in the US are already care for mental health.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by crazyewok

They did "their time", it's called prison. That is paying the debt they owe to society.

Normally a felony is an offense punishable by jail sentence of at least 2 years.

It should probably be for felons of 10 years or more. Or felons with two consecutive convictions.

2 year conviction is too strict!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
Second Amendment advocates, please stay on top of this issue.

Dot #1 -- Why do you think this administration has brought the CDC in on the gun violence issue?

Very simple, because they can target "gun violence" as a "health issue".

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That's only part of it. Peel back another layer.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
So if you are considered mentally unstable, why can't you sell your guns instead of the government seizing them. It would seem that the government should have to pay a going price for these guns. It is different if you are a convicted felon, but only if convicted of a violence crime, a crime of theft, or a crime of selling drugs other than marijuana. I'm thinking that this could balloon to everyone on any med that alters brain chemistry, all antidepressants or any condition where glutamate levels is altered by meds. I'll just keep eating my Italian sausage so I don't need to take these pills.
I can't eat yogurt since I am allergic to the milk.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

All I can see is how the government will obtain control with the private interest health insurance companies of American citizens under Obamacare and the data mining going on right now.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Felonies vary from state to state. They're punishable with prison time not jail. There's a difference.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
On topic, I'm disturbed that they're attacking legal gun owners instead of people with likely black market guns.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The bilderbergers that covertly run our government are 100 times more dangerous than the typical serial killer. They are psychopaths and satanists. I have done research on global government for years.

So no gun control at all or push for common sense laws? No doubt they might go for overkill laws and they have shown their colors last year when they tried the school shooting 'game' that backfired on them. Well it almost passed and I got scared for a while. What really pissed me off was the assualt weapons ban on semi-autos rather than just autos.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

All I can see is how the government will obtain control with the private interest health insurance companies of American citizens under Obamacare and the data mining going on right now.

Oh, yeah! You are absolutely right. Once the government under Obamacare has access to everybody's medical records..........oh my! Can you imagine how they can use them!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

The bilderbergers that covertly run our government are 100 times more dangerous than the typical serial killer. They are psychopaths and satanists. I have done research on global government for years.

So no gun control at all or push for common sense laws? No doubt they might go for overkill laws and they have shown their colors last year when they tried the school shooting 'game' that backfired on them. Well it almost passed and I got scared for a while. What really pissed me off was the assualt weapons ban on semi-autos rather than just autos.

EarthCitizen.....sounds like you are awake and watching. We should all stay as vigilant. Things are heating up now and the trickery will only get worse. Second Amendment advocates must stay informed and alert.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Actually as data mining for private businesses is going to be priceless, we can be targeted individually by whatever the profiteers want, as so the government to protect their power.

link   

eventually gun ownership will BE the "mental health issue".

link   
Criminal possession doesn't just mean Violent felons, or just the mentally ill.

Driving while suspended- No guns for YOU.
Getting a misdeamnor drug possession No gun for YOU.

A Felon who has paid his debt to society ?

They all don't return to a life a crime most do, but all don't.

They lose their gun rights for life.

Don't think a criminal record should follow a person around their entire lives that is just me.

People make mistakes WE ALL DO should they be punished for the entirety of their lives?

NO.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Now, now my friend don't be so judgmental, even my husband a retired marine said that they will only take his guns over his death body and I believe him, I been marry to him for 33 years and I know he is not psychopath.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join