It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Push Tries to Confiscate Firearms From Felons, Mentally Ill

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

i guess law enforcement are the only ones with permission

everyone else is born with the right.

touche

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

And how would one not become a criminal. Were looking at 600,000 laws and some of them we are not even allowed to read. # the USA we are NOT the best country.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
the problem here is that they will do a sweep, then more from the next generation will come along, and they will sweep again, eventually they will get tired of it and ban guns totally. Then were ripe for the pickins.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

And you wonder why there were school shootings

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by oldmeatwad

Good idea to keep firearms out of the hands of people who have been involuntarily committed or have a history of physical assaults of a felonious nature.

However. Having read a story in Texas where a 4 year old's grandmother was angry that her grandson's rapist was allowed back in school this is kind of absurd.

A lot of serial killers were victims of sexual abuse. Don't suprised if that 4 year old winds up killing a lot of people when he gets older. But lets protect rapists.

Gun control is good. But I don't think that 4 year old when he gets older will need a firearm to kill someone. Knives, vehicular assault, bombs, tannerite,

Gun control is only as good as we protect 4 year olds from rape.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Point out in the constitution, or bill of rights, where it says the right to be around kids shall not be infringed. Or the right to run a bank shall not be infringed.

Just becauseit says something in the constitution doesnt mean its a good idea

It once allowed slave ownershio and banned alcohol...

There needs to be a balance. If you give people with severer mental disorders guns it wont end well. Any moron can see that.

In 2 years time I may be able to bring my buisness over to the USA, because of the nature of it, it would provide a few jobs in some of the USA poorest areas......no if you on here have your way with giving every loon a gun I would be put off bringing my buisness over, you just cost jobs.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

If you are worried about "loons with guns", you probably don't want to be around the poorest areas of the US.....

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Police confiscate guns from flooded town

“We just want to make sure that all of those things are in a spot that we control, simply because of what they are,” Sgt. Brian Topham told the Herald. “People have a significant amount of money invested in firearms … so we put them in a place that we control and that they’re safe.”

www.wnd.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

If you are worried about "loons with guns", you probably don't want to be around the poorest areas of the US.....

Which is a shame isnt it?

Thats at least 12 skilled and unskilled jobs in 1 state. Jobs that could very well go help the youth unemployment.

And if Im slightly nervous at such a prospect others would be too.

Does'nt help does it?

Dont get me wrong Im not against gun and dont think there should be a UK style ban in the USA. Hell one of those 12 jobs would be a security guard with a gun. But the idea of someone who does not understand right and wrong or could mistake me for a lizzard alien trying to eat hisn brain owning a AR-15? Erm yeah I kinda dont want to be there.
edit on 28-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jjsirius

That is in Canada. The same thing happened to some family members in NS. Except the pigs in NS required them to "prove ownership" of the guns, so they were only able to get half their guns back....

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Stats: Gun Crime Plummets Over Last Two Decades; Poll: Public Totally Clueless
Link Below
townhall.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

You could always go somewhere like NYC or Cali with lots of feel good gun laws. You would be more likely to be robbed at gunpoint or shot there though

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

great law!!! Felon's can't legally own guns,and nut cases shouldn't! GREAT LAW!!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You could always go somewhere like NYC or Cali with lots of feel good gun laws. You would be more likely to be robbed at gunpoint or shot there though

Not much good Im afraid. Its only something that would sell in rural areas.

And as I said doesnt help with the poverty or high unemployment is another company sets up in a affluent area does it?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

You misunderstood me completely, you can go back and read all my post on the issue if you have time.

Any way America has a constitution that "guarantee" the rights to bear arms for the citizens in the country, sadly is a lot of gun violence in the nation, but most of the violence is committed by the illegal trafficking of arms that falls into the hands of those that by law should not be touching weapons to begin with, the trafficking of arms is the biggest issue here

Banning guns will not stop the Americans from having them and went it comes to arm trafficking they are the big supplies to criminal organized elements in society. Our violent society is the result of the inequality in the country, we as a nation can invest in foreign societies "well being" with tax payer dollars for forget our own domestic problems with inner city youth that are the ones dying due to gang violence.

Gun violence is a regularly debated political issue in the United States. Gun-related violence is most common in poor urban areas and frequently associated with gang violence, often involving male juveniles or young adult males.[1][2] High-profile mass shootings have fueled debate over gun policies, even though these events are relatively rare.[3] In 2010 there were 358 murders involving rifles. Murders involving the use of handguns in the US that same year totaled 6,009, with another 1,939 murders with the firearm type unreported.[4] High-profile assassinations such as those of John F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King, and the Beltway sniper attacks involved the use of rifles, usually with telescopic sights, from concealed locations.

www.ask.com...

What many anti gun advocates forget is that is not going to be a safe society with banning guns because is nowhere within any bills of gun control that affects directly any illegal trafficking of weapon and neither any laws directly to affect the recipients of those illegal guns

The morons in congress and the blindsided anti gun advocate can try anything they want, what they will accomplish will be a nation where legal law abiding citizens can not protect themselves from a society where the criminal element will be the ones packing.

People that knows what is going on in this nation with a all for profits elite and a corrupted government knows exactly where all this will be heading.
edit on 28-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I watch an interesting spin in a video this week,.
a gold investor stated in a interview that the alleged
push to ban guns only made more people buy more guns,.
And this source stated that was the plan,. to arm the public
due to a coming Bank pushed economic complete crash.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Its feasible, I have read many different reason why exploiting the scaremongering of gun ban could be. Profiting for the arm manufacturing business, also that people needs to be prepared for an economic downfall that actually is been held back with the Federal Reserve QEs, eventually this will stop and the too big to fail will not be able to hold back to their profits bringing Wall Street to a completely collapse.

But whatever be the reason is no going to be good for any of us citizens of the nation.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Cities in the US are generally huge. I know NY, that is where I grew up and lived for 28 years. I know CT very well as well, I have lots of family there, and also did a lot of work there.

Manhattan, that is an affluent area, and what most non NYers mean when they say NYC. It's the tourist area, lots of cops etc. There are lots of areas in NYC that are very poor. I am pretty sure most US cities are similar.

Rural areas is where I prefer, I lived in rural NY most my life, with only a few crappy years living in white plains. Rural NY you have more guns than people, but in most areas you wouldn't know it. We get BB and pellet guns around 5 years old, our first .22 and bow around 10 years old, go on our first hunts at 12 years old. Just another tool. Hunting is part of the life there, school is closed on opening hunting days because they know only 10 kids would show up if any. By the time you hit 14, you know how to operate every tool in the house/on the farm, including all the guns. I could have passed my driver test at 12 if they would let me take it lol.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

edit on 28-7-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I've read through all the pages since posting on first page and still have this question about the OP,

Why is it that the "authorities" in these states have to for lack of a better term back up and confiscate arms from already convicted felons who were formerly legal permit holders?

Seems this would have been better done upon conviction rather than sometime after release on parole or serving of sentence. Seems completely backwards.

Are the "authorities" grandstanding or is this practice for LE for wider efforts later on?

The only justifiable cause for this type confiscation under current law seems to be when someone is judged to be mentally ill or a danger such as a violent spouse by ruling of a judge after review of evidence submitted by recognized professionals and law enforcement.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join