It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Push Tries to Confiscate Firearms From Felons, Mentally Ill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I'm sure there is the rare type like you dear marg..

sadly, majority of this board aren't of that opinion!

And sadly, its the same scenario as the school yard.. it only takes a few to ruin it for the rest.

But I still say, a hand gun and a shot gun are all you need to protect your home and your family.. anything else is just stupidity.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I have to agree with you in some issues, is gong to be a time when we may have to take sides and I know the government side will be the losers.

But at the expenses of a lot good people.

I always like your post for been so down to earth and straightforward, but I can see some sadness on you today I really never see that side of you often

I feel like that sometime too, when I keep reading about what the moron whores politicians keep doing against citizens and tax payers almost everyday this days.

edit on 27-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Criminal possession doesn't just mean Violent felons, or just the mentally ill.

Driving while suspended- No guns for YOU.
Getting a misdeamnor drug possession No gun for YOU.

A Felon who has paid his debt to society ?

They all don't return to a life a crime most do, but all don't.

They lose their gun rights for life.

Don't think a criminal record should follow a person around their entire lives that is just me.

People make mistakes WE ALL DO should they be punished for the entirety of their lives?

NO.

Indeed too strict gun laws are WORST than no gun laws. I would rather take my chance with 100 people killed per year and the perps sentenced than to have 30% disqualified for bull# reasons. I just dont trust D and R politicians.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

reform the prison system if its inadequate.

a felon who has served his time should walk out of that place satisfying his peers/society. all this time and energy spent attempting to restrict ex-cons post-incarceration should be spent reforming the prison system itself.

otherwise its a slap in the face to the judge who sentenced him/her and to the jury who convicted.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkingRelentlessly

Now that you bring this issue, here in my neck of the woods in southern Ga the city is proposing to pass rules for businesses to hired parolees as part of their employment contracts, the problems is that is hard for those that work with credit card numbers and bank accounts to hire somebody that probably went to jail for misdemeanor of identity theft and fraud, even if the parolees are already paying back society for their crimes.

I believe misdemeanors should not keep a person already that pay back to society from getting a gun. But anybody that used in the past a gun to commit crime is another issue.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Protecting society.... Those people are a part of society too. Should we also not allow them to own a car? Afterall they can just run a crowd over if they wanted to. They must also buy their meat precut, can't have them owning a knife they might or might not cut someone else with. No forks or sporks either.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

do we really have a free state? what security do we have? people indeed have a right to keep and bear arms, but it also says a well regulated militia. I guess the national guard is being reffered to as well regulated milita, OR it can be infered as pockets of citizens armed against a tyrannical government.

Back in the days it was to fight off the british. Today we might have to fight off someone else. Its weird tyring to sell this arguement to anyone that is clueless of new world order, someone who never listened to alex jones or david icke, someone who thinks snowden is a traitor rather than a hero.

When I go for my gun in new jersey I DONT THINK I will mention the militia part. I will be sent for special exams in cuba and never come back to the states.

edit on 27/7/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: sorry wrong emoticon, fixed it though!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Most of the men and women in prison
are there due to drugs and alcohol.
treat them and it is acceptable that
they can have voting rights returned
as well as rights to the 2A.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by oldmeatwad

I'm actually rather pleased so many of you gun nut psychopaths are willing to use your guns if anyone tries to ban them..
hopefully, the gene pool will be cleansed of you stupid fools.

I draw the line at pistols and shotguns..
if you so desperately need an ego stroke have a hand gun or a shotgun.. anything more is just moronic and a pathetic attempt at being tough.

LOL....I'll be sure and take my pistol or shotgun next time I go deer hunting.....

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by queenofswords

The bilderbergers that covertly run our government are 100 times more dangerous than the typical serial killer. They are psychopaths and satanists. I have done research on global government for years.

So no gun control at all or push for common sense laws? No doubt they might go for overkill laws and they have shown their colors last year when they tried the school shooting 'game' that backfired on them. Well it almost passed and I got scared for a while. What really pissed me off was the assualt weapons ban on semi-autos rather than just autos.

EarthCitizen.....sounds like you are awake and watching. We should all stay as vigilant. Things are heating up now and the trickery will only get worse. Second Amendment advocates must stay informed and alert.

With all due respect I dont even know how to respond to this. Awake? A whole lot more than that. Just ask the muslim brotherhood who gave them weapons to overthrow their dictators in the middle east during the fake arab spring.

They give weapons to the mexican drug cartels to kill mexican citizens, They give weapons to the middle east, but americans dont need weapons I suppose. The government will protect them just fine at the FEMA concentration nazi camps.

What good is a 2nd amendment when most people think its just to protect YOURSELF rather than your country? People talk about a revolution, especially libertarians and ron paul fans, but I think we are a minority rather than a majority. I am actually left wing but I tolerate all third parties pretty good. I am not sure we will have new elections to get another chance. There might be race wars, third world poverty, russian nuclear attack, pissed off muslims attacking enmasse, diseases etc.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by oldmeatwad

Ok so here it is folks - Not a future tense situation any more.
Here is a prime example of what we can continue to expect given how apathetic society is as a whole.

-------

"Officials in Illinois and California can systematically confiscate firearms because they collect more data on gun owners than most states, experts said. They merge data on who owns guns with a list of people who can't legally do so, whether because of a felony conviction, violent misdemeanor, restraining order, involuntary stay in a mental hospital or court adjudication that they are mentally unstable."

-------

Anyone care to guess how many moves away from check mate we are?
Any links to stories or threads that show an equal opposite reaction with positive outcome?

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

...not to mention, 'they' now try to define every human emotion as a 'mental illness'. Of course, this nonsense is due, imo, to the over-reaching power of Big Pharma, ever trying to increase its wealth...to the detriment of society...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
as a felon myself it truly is a difrent world as one it fallows u everywhere
didnt go to prision ... total of 9 days in jail non violent crime u know who hires me ... fast food joints
if i wasent raised right a life of crime shure would be nice ... its no wonder people go and reoffend theres no jobs for a felon of any degree

i got robed at gunpoint bye another ex con who had a illegal gun go figure

and it dosent matter what u did felony is a felony ull never own a gun just wait tell they start handing them out for anything

hear 2 DUI's is a felony ... how that is related to gun its simple disarment
it dosent take alot to get a felony Other repeat offenses such as repeatedly driving without a license felony
imagin something as little as diveing without a license a felony than ad cops checking everyone disarmed public in no time whall makeing everyone think that thease people should not have guns
edit on 27-7-2013 by markovian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

What good is a 2nd amendment when most people think its just to protect YOURSELF rather than your country?

You would be surprised. Strong 2A supporters that have educated themselves KNOW exactly what it's for.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords

What good is a 2nd amendment when most people think its just to protect YOURSELF rather than your country?

You would be surprised. Strong 2A supporters that have educated themselves KNOW exactly what it's for.

I apologise for scaring people. Hopefully with bradley manning and eric snowden doing the dirty work, and perhaps a few other corruption whistleblowers, we will turn this country around with very few(if any) shots fired.

Some know what its for, many do not. I guess in the end it doesnt matter that much, because push will come to shove regardless, and self defense mechanism kicks in(adrenaline rush) and the second minor/major civil war or revolution will be accomplished.

Maybe we get lucky and third party wins or at least gets that 5% total vote count. Or D and R change their ways and become honest. I support all of the amendments in the bill of rights as a whole, not just second amendment.

edit on 27/7/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Protecting society.... Those people are a part of society too. Should we also not allow them to own a car? Afterall they can just run a crowd over if they wanted to. They must also buy their meat precut, can't have them owning a knife they might or might not cut someone else with. No forks or sporks either.

At the end of the day its called liveing with the consequences of ones actions.

Not every thing is coverd by law or sorted by the penel system. To think one comes out of prison and its a clean slate is fooling themselfs. There is no such thing as a clean slate in life. Hell even mistake that are not illegal follow you through life sometimes so to be a felon your mistake will rightfull have consequences througout said life.

Basicaly you made the bed so sleep in it.
edit on 27-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Don't think a criminal record should follow a person around their entire lives that is just me.

Even if they are say a sex offender?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretWeapon
If they want my guns they had best be prepared to use theirs.

And with attitudes like this people still wonder why they want restrictions . And displaying attitude like this who do you think will be one of their first few targets .

You would actually have a shoot out because they want your gun and take some ones life who is supporting a family .

Are you demented people like you probably should have their guns taken away

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by suz62
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Felonies vary from state to state. They're punishable with prison time not jail. There's a difference.

Here in Texas we have what are referred to as "State Jail Felonies" - quite different than going to "prison". A State Jail Felony here means you serve every single day, no time off for good behavior, no early release program. I live less than 3 miles from a State Jail - on the outside it looks no different than a real prison.

There are such things as "felony speeding" "felony reckless driving" "felony altering of a government document" and a whole host of other types of "felonies" that should have NO effect on someone's ability to own a firearm after being convicted and serving their time.

Just my teo cents worth of clarification.

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You must be infallible. Never said the wrong thing. Never made a bad decision. Never suffered consequences as a result of same. What's it feel like to be God?

Everybody screws up including you. Felons just screw up bigger. Many get out and become productive members of society.

If it were up to you, anyone who has ever made a mistake would be permanently stabbed through the heart. Anyone with an ounce of compassion knows you don't rehabilitate people by being a full-time asshole to them.

Don't ever get a job in the prison system. There'll be no rehab under your administration.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

Originally posted by SecretWeapon
If they want my guns they had best be prepared to use theirs.

And with attitudes like this people still wonder why they want restrictions . And displaying attitude like this who do you think will be one of their first few targets .

You would actually have a shoot out because they want your gun and take some ones life who is supporting a family .

Are you demented people like you probably should have their guns taken away

SecretWeapon used rather forceful words to describe his passionate dedication to his right to own a firearm as given to him/her by our Constitution. There are literally hundreds of thousands if not millions of Americans that believe the same way. They just don't openly voice it. It is not demented at all. As a matter of fact, if you are an American, handing over your guns just because the current leadership decides it is time to do so, is demented.
edit on 27-7-2013 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join