It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else sick of/angered by this "royal" baby nonsense?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
A beautiful baby was born into this crazy world...to famous Parents...so naturally a lot of attention is happening.

Some people like and enjoy hearing about the royals...some don't.

I really don't think there is anything wrong with enjoying someone elses good fortune in life.

What I do not like about some of what is going on...is the (negativity and hate) that has been spewing forth from people towards (the innocent newborn royal baby). I really don't understand how people with that much hate inside themselves ....can stand to live with themselves.

I think it is wonderful that a new royal has been born; you never know...he may grow up to help change many things for the better.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonny2
BREAKING NEWS: BABY PHOTO HAVE LEAKED

edit on 23-7-2013 by Sonny2 because: (no reason given)

Grow up.

Does it make you feel big and clever insulting a new born child?

Says alot about your upbringing

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It also amazes me how much anger is being spewed at other peoples joy.

So what if people are happy to welcome a future king into the world?

Get a grip and cheer the hell up you miserable people!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Rodinus

That's why i need the Princess Rodinus - Harley Street is expensive these days!

As a Yorkshireman, i resent putting my hand into my pockets......

Ey up lad!

See all, hear all, say now't ... Eat all, sup all, pay now't ... And if ever tha does owt for now't, allus do it for thisen

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite
reply to post by Rodinus

Me thinks his RH Rod wouldnt appreciate a Yorkshireman! Says another Yorkshireman!

But thats another whole thread.

I will have you know that i am a Yorkshireman.... what have you got to say about that buggerlugs?

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Anyone else sick of/angered by this "royal" baby nonsense?

I am not a Royalist. I am not interested in the Royals at all, or their baby or their carriages or their estates, jewellery, titles and pompusary.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by gladtobehere

Telling the Brits to get rid of the Royals is like telling Americans to ditch the Statue of Liberty. The monarchy is a grand tradition, and a symbol for a people who thrive on tradition. It's funny, but my family has been in America since the 1600's, and yet I still feel a connection to our ancestors in Wales.

If the whole "royals" deal isn't for you, then simply ignore it. No harm, no foul.

Thumbs up to you Gaz (can we call you Taffy now?)... there are not many sheep lovers here on ATS

Sorry, just couldn't help it when you mentioned Wales...

People from Wales... WE LOVE YOU... (apologies for the crap pun)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Is there anything more repulsive than the idea of "royalty", a class of people allegedly better than or more important than everyone else, not because of their accomplishments (no no no) but because of their "royal bloodlines"???

I totally agree with everything in your post, but from talking to a lot of people I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how many people feel the same way, and all this "People's Pregnancy" nonsense is a media exaggeration.

I have stopped buying newspapers this week as I can't stomach to read it all, just sickening.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207
It also amazes me how much anger is being spewed at other peoples joy.

So what if people are happy to welcome a future king into the world?

Get a grip and cheer the hell up you miserable people!

You are missing the point entirely. It has nothing to do with beating on the joy of the William and Kate, it is a combination of seeing a nation of people celebrating the disgusting concept of people being born to rule over others, and the people's ridiculous preoccupation with trivial BS such as this when there are far more important things going on in the world.

I cannot believe that anyone still has support for such an outdated concept.

The phrase "I didn't vote for this" comes to mind.
edit on 23-7-2013 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

when there are far more important things going on in the world

Surely with all of the misery and scandal going on in the world, it is refreshing to concentrate on something joyeous and that brings the country together rather than doom mongering and carping, complaining and outrage.

I think some people have forgotton how to see the good in life.

THAT is the product of being beaten down by "The more important things in the world"

Look in your back garden before you start mincing about pointing and shouting at, for example "the middle east".

Find joy where you can, there isnt much of it about.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
By the way Glad...

The Brits on this forum kept their gobs shut on most of your threads (yes, just looked at your posting history)...

Why stir the poo in creating a post and not once answering the people who have respectfully posted?

There is hardly anything mentioned here on ATS about the royal birth???

Are you happy for all your stars and flags?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Surely with all of the misery and scandal going on in the world, it is refreshing to concentrate on something joyeous and that brings the country together rather than doom mongering and carping, complaining and outrage.

It is only joyous if you like the Royal family, if the entire concept of it goes against everything you think to be right, then it is not joyous, it is irritating (to put it mildly).

I think some people have forgotton how to see the good in life.

Not at all, do you find it fills you with happiness when Justin Beiber gets a new car, for instance?

If you don't, does that mean you're just a miserable old sod, or does it mean you don't appreciate the man and the celebrity worship that goes with it?

Originally posted by Briles1207Look in your back garden before you start mincing about pointing and shouting at, for example "the middle east".

Find joy where you can, there isnt much of it about.

I find joy in my own children, not in the child of some guy I have never met, never will meet, and whose presence in a position of power far exceeding my own even though he has done nothing to deserve it offends me.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Also it's quite annoying when people keep saying "The Brits" like this, and "The Brits" want that. I'm a brit, and I don't feel that way at all.

I want the Royals gone. The farce needs to end.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
To the people of Britain. Throw off your chains. Embrace the spirit of 1776 and do as the Americans did. Storm that "royal" palace, arrest these freeloading bums, strip them of their possessions, give them each a potato sack, kick 'em in their "royal" bums and tell 'em to go get a g-damn job!

edit on 23-7-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

We may have to storm a lot of palaces to find them

But yes i agree, Having a monarchy is a slap in the face to all being equal, but we all know that this society is anything buy equal.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I hate the royal BS, celebrities, Actors and other media pushers.. but i think OP is using this as a platform for pro-Gun.

Some people and countries are better off without gun. If you are so pro-gun, why don't you and people with your mindset barge into white house gun blazing, and "take back the country"?

Fantasy...
edit on 7/23/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm American and I could careless about the royals or the new baby. Every time I turn to the local news channel to check the weather and sports scores, they always end up talking about the royal baby. It's annoying and as far as I know, no one that I know cares about what the royals do because they have their own problems to deal with.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I am done commenting on this thread.

What a sad state of affairs.

People can no longer let people celebrate without trying to force their bitter twisted little world upon them.

I pity you.

Live and let live, if you dont like it fine, but dont ridicule those who are proud.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

People can no longer let people celebrate without trying to force their bitter twisted little world upon them.

I pity you.

Live and let live, if you dont like it fine, but dont ridicule those who are proud.

Wow, you have it so backwards.

I did not vote for a Royal Family in my country, and I cannot vote them out, either. They fill my papers, and my television, and my radio stations.

They have been forced on me, what I have I forced on others?

And what in God's name are you proud of, exactly? Please tell me before you go.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
Also it's quite annoying when people keep saying "The Brits" like this, and "The Brits" want that. I'm a brit, and I don't feel that way at all.

I want the Royals gone. The farce needs to end.

Totally agree with you on your first point Humph...

Imagine if someone said the "Yanks" this and the "Yanks" that?... total flame throwing session this thread or others would become!?

If people here on this thread are sick of hearing about the royal baby there is a solution... do not read or answer quite simply and go back to your Gun/Zimmerman/Sandy Hook/Boston bombing etc etc news which seems to keep you alive and striving!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by boymonkey74

Dear boymonkey74,

Hear, Hear!

Will Britons abandon their history? Will they discard their heritage? (No! Roars the crowd.)

Will they leave behind the great Knights and Ladies who have inspired hundreds of millions around the world? (Never!)

Perhaps my distinguished colleagues on the other side of the aisle believe there is a better form of government. Perhaps they think the parliament of the European Union is the model we free Britons should adhere to? (No, no! Shame)

And were it not for the seriousness of the matter, I would not want to use this example where delicate ladies may hear, but do we want to be governed like the FRENCH? (Uproar as the crowd tears up the back benches and the heretics are thrown into the Thames.)

I have a love for Great Britain. It contains something essential to the human spirit. There is something which will be lost when Barons are replaced by bureaucrats. There is something about it which has the capacity to rise above committees, something which inspires valiant deeds and fairy tales.

There is the possibility in Britain of something rarely seen, and often rejected, in today's gray world of commissars, "fairness," "diversity," and "equality." That quality is nobility.

And from before the United Sates was a country, these lines existed:

When Britain first, at Heaven's command Arose from out the azure main;
This was the charter of the land, And guardian angels sang this strain:
"Rule, Britannia! rule the waves:
"Britons never will be slaves."

With respect,
Charles1952

You usually show a little more common sense my friend.
(yer on my list as such anyways.....

These so called nobility don't seem all that noble of deed for a long time.
In fact nobility is reserved for those whose actions show their inner being, not for some idiot who wishes to return reborn as a deadly virus to wipe out 3/4 of humanity?? whats so freakin noble about that ambition??
Perhaps you don't recall what" first rights" of the local "noble" were?
No man can put himself above mankind, claiming a genetic heritage of superior quality and nobility.......hah!
The concept is sickening to free men ,and we fought a world war to teach that lesson to the Axis powers to boot.
The royals are no master race encompassing all the qualities to which we, the people, aspire.....
In fact the truth is quite the opposite, they are an inbred anomaly which Britain keeps alive to bolster their own feelings of self worth.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join