It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else sick of/angered by this "royal" baby nonsense?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
What a lengthy reply comes to mind. But in short, what kind of person wants to spoil an innocent pleasure? The British people pay for it, they enjoy it, why deprive them?

I will listen to you after you condemn Guinness. The British people pay for it and enjoy it, true. But look at all the damage Guinness consumption does to the health and safety of the populace. Call for the banning of British ale, and I will listen to your calls to ban the royalty.

At least the British have royalty that they can admire. We have Obama and Michelle. And they cost a lot more than the Royals.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I find it funny that anyone cares at all about this nonsense, it takes
a bit more than baby# 656467 being born today or whenever it was
to excite me i guess, royalty is to me at least, the funniest of the older
traditions that still exists, they know they aren't special, we know they
aren't special, its all just a huge game of pretend.

We humans sure do love our games of pretend.
edit on 23-7-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Well said Charles, The facts are is that they give us about 250 million quid a year tax and we give them 40 million to run all the estates etc.
They make us money and that isn't including all the revenue from the tourist trade.
I admire my Queen she has let her kin goto war like any other mother or grandmother fighting for our country...did any US president do the same?
I love all the pomp and stuff It is part of over 1000 years of tradition, If people don't like it...tough they will be here for even longer because despite what is said on ATS the majority of the british public like them.
Long live out future King

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Hey, if the Brits want to keep their royalty and celebrate it, that's their business. But why does the American "news" media have to bring this bad movie to the US? We fought once to remove an ancestor of this baby, who was considered a tyrant by patriotic revolutionary colonial Americans.

The most hilarious part of the whole British royal family scam sham is that they're actually a bunch of Germans from the House of Hannover; they took they name Windsor as a PR move -- so would I if the country my royal family were ruling over was in two massively bloody conflicts with my home country. What's more pathetic than groveling to and fawning over a foreign overlord? Get some dignity, my British brothers and sisters, and run this royal welfare family off your fair Emerald Isle.

Heck, even the kings and queens before the house of Windsor were mostly all from Norman nobility (transplanted vikings, not even French, no less). The last true British king was Harold, and he was killed in 1066 AD, and replace by Billy Boy the Conqueror.

Meanwhile, across the Channel, the Germans and the French, and most of the rest of European countries have had the good sense to entirely dispense with their archaic monarchies.

What's the deal, Brits, aren't you taught about the origins of Britain's royal family, not unlike how American school children aren't told how their country was founded on genocide, ethnic cleansing, indentured servitude and slavery?

edit on 23-7-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

To the people of Britain. Throw off your chains. Embrace the spirit of 1776 and do as the Americans did.

They did that 127 years before the United States of America even existed. Read about it.

Storm that "royal" palace, arrest these freeloading bums, strip them of their possessions, give them each a potato sack, kick 'em in their "royal" bums and tell 'em to go get a g-damn job!

They did better than that. They chopped off the King's head.

When the monarchy was restored in 1660 (that's right, sixteen years before your country came into being), it was a constitutional monarchy. The monarch holds the throne by the will of the people, as represented by Parliament, and the respect paid to him or her is symbolic of the supremacy of the people's will.

Parliament can remove the monarch if sufficient cause exists. It has happened; Edward VIII was obliged to abdicate in 1936.

Real power in the United Kingdom resides with Parliament. The Prime Minister, in constitutional terms, is far more powerful than the US President. And this is exactly as it should be, because the British Prime Minister is elected directly by the people, instead of through the intermediacy of an electoral college.

Oh wait, thats right, they took your guns...

In a civilised, democratic country, people don't need to carry firearms to defend themselves against their governments. I suppose things are different in a place like America.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by restlessinMT

Well I for one am happy to see new life thrown into the monarchy and the world. His Dad seems to be a pretty hard working up standing man to me. I wish him all the best an hope society will let the little feller grow up!

I know heaps of people who work harder than him. Id rather see them or their newborn on TV getting praise. All your post serves is to reveal you as a elitist to protecting the rights of one Royal baby. There are millions of babies born each year that will have a much tougher life than the royal baby.

Oh you do not have to tell me how hard people work! My husband works 14 to 16 hours a day so I can stay at home with the 3 little ones. See I could never get a job that would cover daycare expenses. So we live simply and enjoy what we have. Most of my family has worked their butts off for everything they have and for most of us is not much for others is more then they could ever dream of ......if you consider just a handful of people all over this planet of ours.
Ya the monarchy and all the rich have it good! I get that! I do not disagree. But I was just saying a baby just being born does not deserve so much hatred. His Great Grandmother and Grandfather as so forth yes, but not him!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
What would happen if this royal baby came out all disfigured?

Would it be swapped quickly behind the scenes?

Interesting thought, I wonder if they would put it in the news then...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Interesting you mentioned that. I was talking about my husband about his earlier today and the movie 300 came up into the conversation. Not that this is what they would do in "these days". But it was a topic of discussion around here today.

edit on 7/23/2013 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Would it be swapped quickly behind the scenes?

I imagine it would be announced as a still born. There can be no seen imperfection.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I agree the royal folk are stick a fork in them done already...We should get the occupy folks some passports and let em set their tents up outside the palace...
edit on 7/23/13 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/23/13 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Well why didn't they do that with Prince Edward then?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Yeah, makes me sick, every time I hear about the "royals" it just gives me worms. They're not famous, they never did anything, never came up with a plan, no ground breaking ideas, never helped anyone worthy of help (except Diana, she was the exception). I doubt anyone in that mutant, inbred, parasitic welfare family has even ever had an original thought. As far as the baby, the Kate unit had a baby, it's something that probably millions of women do every day, she ain't special, she's just over-rated meat. What about all the women who are poor in first world nations or desperately poor in third world nations, having babies and some dying from lack of care and some simply dying from lack of food? I would much rather glorify those people rather than some useless tart born with a silver butt plug up her tailpipe.

Now we'll hear nothing but crap about Kate and her little prince (of darkness) on the lamestream media for at least the next 10 years. Every time that kid farts, pukes or burps it's gonna be headlines.

Retarded....

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/23.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Dear boymonkey74,

Hear, Hear!

Will Britons abandon their history? Will they discard their heritage? (No! Roars the crowd.)

Will they leave behind the great Knights and Ladies who have inspired hundreds of millions around the world? (Never!)

Perhaps my distinguished colleagues on the other side of the aisle believe there is a better form of government. Perhaps they think the parliament of the European Union is the model we free Britons should adhere to? (No, no! Shame)

And were it not for the seriousness of the matter, I would not want to use this example where delicate ladies may hear, but do we want to be governed like the FRENCH? (Uproar as the crowd tears up the back benches and the heretics are thrown into the Thames.)

I have a love for Great Britain. It contains something essential to the human spirit. There is something which will be lost when Barons are replaced by bureaucrats. There is something about it which has the capacity to rise above committees, something which inspires valiant deeds and fairy tales.

There is the possibility in Britain of something rarely seen, and often rejected, in today's gray world of commissars, "fairness," "diversity," and "equality." That quality is nobility.

And from before the United Sates was a country, these lines existed:

When Britain first, at Heaven's command Arose from out the azure main;
This was the charter of the land, And guardian angels sang this strain:
"Rule, Britannia! rule the waves:
"Britons never will be slaves."

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This was on my FB feed. I just cracked up when i saw it.

But yeah this royal baby thing is defo to much. Who really cares tbh because i dont. It is just another Mug or China Plate keepsake for the OAPs Royalists lol. All that memorabilia on sale with Royal icons printed on does my head in.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Dear boymonkey74,

Hear, Hear!

Will Britons abandon their history? Will they discard their heritage? (No! Roars the crowd.)

Will they leave behind the great Knights and Ladies who have inspired hundreds of millions around the world? (Never!)

Perhaps my distinguished colleagues on the other side of the aisle believe there is a better form of government. Perhaps they think the parliament of the European Union is the model we free Britons should adhere to? (No, no! Shame)

And were it not for the seriousness of the matter, I would not want to use this example where delicate ladies may hear, but do we want to be governed like the FRENCH? (Uproar as the crowd tears up the back benches and the heretics are thrown into the Thames.)

I have a love for Great Britain. It contains something essential to the human spirit. There is something which will be lost when Barons are replaced by bureaucrats. There is something about it which has the capacity to rise above committees, something which inspires valiant deeds and fairy tales.

There is the possibility in Britain of something rarely seen, and often rejected, in today's gray world of commissars, "fairness," "diversity," and "equality." That quality is nobility.

And from before the United Sates was a country, these lines existed:

When Britain first, at Heaven's command Arose from out the azure main;
This was the charter of the land, And guardian angels sang this strain:
"Rule, Britannia! rule the waves:
"Britons never will be slaves."

With respect,
Charles1952

Oh I love it! Be proud to be British damit! Be proud for all life too. We can all be happy together. Heck one of my favorite quotes of all times is Winston Churchhills look at my signature!
edit on 7/23/2013 by restlessinMT because: I type to damn fast to edit and I hate proof reading! Did it for a living and poo the the grammer police!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I have a semi-tongue-in-cheek post questioning the royal birth's timing to the Star of David planetary alignment at www.abovetopsecret.com.... Cheers!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Well said again Charles

You are right it is romantic, I love reading about our great Kings and Queens and even the bad ones

Like it or not they are part of the British national identity. both my favourite queens have been called Elizabeth and like it or not without them and the British the world would be a very different place.
Just look at what we a very small island (the USA is 38 times bigger than the UK) has done in the great scheme of things and what we have given the world.
Times like this with my new future King being born reminds me of all this

Lets put the music to the words Charles.

Long live the future King

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

Stealing that pic it had me choking on me tea

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

The modern/anachronistic royals seem to live as we would want to... free to do as they please and explore where they want (as long as they are surrounded by body guards), and all they have to do to earn this "divine right" of idleness is to belong to the right family tree and endure some random ceremony or three. The rest of the time may be spent wallowing in sensuous wonder... wonders few of us can even imagine, let alone desire.

They are the symbolic fetish for the underprivileged.

They are our selfish, lavish selves existing to exist in the best of all worlds... assured of their superiority over the non- illustrious masses waiting with baited breath for whatever happens to spill from their superior quims.

While I detest them to their useless cores, I would trade places in a moment for their resources, as long as I still had memories of the struggle most of us endure to merely eat. I seriously doubt the inbred louts know enough suffering to enjoy what they have.

Impotent kings and queens of this sordid world... bound by duty to be bores, bound in servitude to ceremony and isolation. The political idea of them and their "duty" is ridiculous... the wealth isn't, but the fact they occasionally abdicate for some sex with "average" people makes one suspect it sucks a little behind the scenes.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I'm just glad I was not drinking anything at the time or else my work shirt would of been well stained

Would of been a nice excuse to go home a get another fresh clean one though

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join