It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else sick of/angered by this "royal" baby nonsense?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

Great thing Tea isn't it? sparked off a revolution that made the USA and something to dip my custard creams into

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Sick already???

How many times have the members around the world on this forum have to put up with guns/trayton/zimmerman/Sandy Hook etc etc etc...?

Let the British royalist fans and members have their moment of glory and respect them is all i have to say!

It will only last a couple of days unless some hater drops along and wants to add his/her extra rant or thread/post just to feel good or gain extra stars and flags

Old but corny but i have to say it : Patience is a virtue.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 23-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Dear boymonkey74,

Thank you so much for that video. Your heritage can make small men great, and great men heroes. Those untouched by it are not men at all.

A visit to your country is one of my greatest wishes. When I'm rich and famous, I'll let you know I'm coming. (But if the EU has mandated that pubs sell half-liters instead of pints, I may reconsider.)

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Yes of course this all nonsense and so is every other celebrity baby news........the people make their babies more important than their own and I do NOT understand this way of thinking.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

They already tried to make us do that and we said "bugger off" Pints all the way

Interesting video showing that people in the USA do care.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Celebrity gossip and discussion makes me want to pour bleach in my ears and eyes. That's me, YMMV.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Wait a minute, I thought the royals were pro-depopulation??

So why so happy about just another mouth to feed?

That's a strange contradiction. Hmmm.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
Yes of course this all nonsense and so is every other celebrity baby news........the people make their babies more important than their own and I do NOT understand this way of thinking.

I understand it.
They live their lives based on fantasies and what they "want to believe".

You can put the truth right in their faces and they will get angry and reject it because you are just trying to ruin "the fun". They do say ignorance is bliss don't they?

People care about fantasy characters so much because they are idealized and perfect in their minds. Everything in reality has many flaws/faults and so they will choose to focus on the fantasy rather than the reality.

If someone really does care more about the TV character's baby than their own, it is because they probably hate themselves and hate their lives and see these fake people's lives as an escape where they can pretend it's them for a moment before they are forced back into reality again.

I similar to yourself, just wish people would finally come to their senses and start caring about their own lives a lot more.
Slowly but surely things are improving, so don't sweat it.

edit on 23-7-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I'm tired of hearing about it all. So she's having a baby!? So what, so are plenty of other women who are going through the same thing, where's their parade?
I'm British, but I have no idea why people go crazy over the Royal family

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Leaving my heart aside for a moment, allow me to ask two serious questions of those opposed to royalty.

1.) Are you opposed to all kings or just the British ones?

2.) if kings are bad now, have they ever been good? If so, when did kings change from being good to bad? About the time of Marx, perhaps?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Oh come on we are allowed a few days off from worrying about the state of the world when this happens, this isn't about some celeb baby this is about the continuing tradition which has lasted 1000 years.
If it can lift the spirits of the people here Iam all for it.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Yes it's ridiculous. However, is it any more ridiculous than all the fanfare that occurred with the new Pope? The same thing could be said about the Kardashians, Michael Jackson, any big celeb.

Problem is, you don't have to look far to find folks that do find these people fascinating, if not downright worship-worthy. So many that the media is expecting this celebratory birth to directly boost the British economy www.policymic.com... and www.ctvnews.ca...

I find it positively sick how we idolize the wealthy celebrities/sports players to such a degree and yet, no one seems to do anything about the average $8-10/hr jobs that pollute this country with forced poverty.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by muzzleflash

Oh come on we are allowed a few days off from worrying about the state of the world when this happens, this isn't about some celeb baby this is about the continuing tradition which has lasted 1000 years.
If it can lift the spirits of the people here Iam all for it.

Monkey you are now one of my best loved ATS friends. We need more "real" discussions on ATS! I am sick of the banter and anger.

Peace out .. as my husband loves to say. But fitting for all on this post willing to read rather than skim posts!

Restless!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Personally it's not about royalty or kings for me, it's about elevating their worth simply because they're famous. I love children, happy they made one. That's the extent I will give it. It's just absurd to me how much time and energy people invest in keeping current with every little trivial thing famous people do. I mean whatever. Do what you want to. It just confuses the hell out of me that's all
I'd rather flip the tele to the science channel or something. As someone mentioned before, something happens in your neighbors life and no one bats an eyelash. Same thing happens to a celebrity and it's national news and apparently of utmost importance.

Tongue in cheek mostly. Just venting a little annoyance. Again, whatever floats peoples boats.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Yes Lucid... but it sells... it sells... and makes lots of spondoolies....and don't the people just love to read things like that right now whilst basking on the beach and thinking of nothing in general!?

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
What annoys me is the media telling us that this baby is going to be as 'normal' as possible, that his parents are moving to new apartments where they can have a 'normal' life.

What do they mean by normal ?

I can't think of anything they do that is in any way normal by my understanding of the word.

It's all bs to make us plebs feel somehow part of the circus, when in fact we are nothing to them.

link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Great thread, most families that live of the state are being referred to as scroungers in the current economic climate, apart from this particular family, which is pretty big with lots of members to support. Who have had an increase in their benefits to help repair their massive houses, with multiple rooms. Others families who live in council houses are being charged extra tax if they have a spare bedroom.

Unfortunately most Brits have put this family on a pedistall far higher than they deserve.

It's an archaic institution that should be done away with. I'm embarrassed to be British, when I see all the flag waving morons at Royal events.

link   
I 110% agree with you, I was actually talking about this last night with some co-workers, I think it is absolutely atrocious that these royals even exist in this day and age.

I could write my real thoughts on this, bar fear from repercussions of doing so !

It's a whole lot of bollocks as our friends from the island like to say !

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarahlm
I'm tired of hearing about it all. So she's having a baby!? So what, so are plenty of other women who are going through the same thing, where's their parade?
I'm British, but I have no idea why people go crazy over the Royal family

Because we long for monarchy.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I'm embarrassed to be British, when I see all the flag waving morons at Royal events.

In all actuality nations don't even exist. It's all make believe.

Flags are actually symbolic alchemy and work on a subconscious level.

Borders are arbitrary and shift with the whims of those who believe in them.

Sure having abstract ideals, ceremonies, etc like this can work out great, but if we start actually believing in these things and take them seriously things go terribly wrong (history proves this).

And thus we have today's current state of existence.
Denial, fantasy, make-believe, fairy-tales, and complete unwillingness to accept reality.

Dare I say their mental acumen is well below "par"?
It is 100% a result of their CHOICE to be dolts "because it's really fun".
They could choose to think and read and question.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join