It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else sick of/angered by this "royal" baby nonsense?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

The royals are no master race encompassing all the qualities to which we, the people, aspire.....

In fact the truth is quite the opposite, they are an inbred anomaly which Britain keeps alive to bolster their own feelings of self worth.

Ha ha so true, and this is everything that is wrong with human nature.

In the real world left to their own devices most of the royals would struggle, and yet many worship them as people worthy of mass adulation. Then we have scientists and true geniuses, inventors, composers, mathematicians, and the average Joe is not only uninterested, he doesn't even know their names!

There is so much wrong with this, but of course I'm a being a miserable git for pointing out these facts, and bitterly spoiling someone else's proud celebrations over the birth of someone else's child

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

There is so much wrong with this, but of course I'm a being a miserable git for pointing out these facts, and bitterly spoiling someone else's proud celebrations over the birth of someone else's child

Au contrair mon amie, you are not a miserable git because of your views. You are a miserable git because you keep banging on about them!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Au contrair mon amie, you are not a miserable git because of your views. You are a miserable git because you keep banging on about them!

I'll shut up when the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest

edit on 23-7-2013 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

Love it!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Love it!

Wish I'd have said it first:

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.”
― Denis Diderot

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

That's the thing I hate about all the Royal spin. It's nationalism, there seems to an attempt to paint anyone who doesn't support the Royal family as somehow unBritish or a spoil sport. Its used against people at every royal event if they don't join in with the festivities.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Exactly, anti-royals has come to mean bitter spoilsport. It misses the point completely, as does anyone who says "if you don't like it, ignore it".

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

And what about the Brits? How long are you going to allow this monstrosity to exist? Oh wait, thats right, they took your guns...

And what good are your guns against your own government? The tyrant government who constantly crap all over you every day of your life and people the world over? Why aren't you using your guns to stop them? Guns my arse.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just do like I do every time Obama makes a tv appearance. Turn the channel and don't bother reading the newspaper because whatever pisses you off is likely to be on the front page.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It's funny seeing the pro-establishment BBC heavily moderating and switching their HYS section, because the response was overwhelmingly against their coverage and the royals.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Anyone that knows anything about public relations can see right through the media propaganda campaign being unleashed upon the world right now.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So you are mad because there is something going on that you don't like and/or don't care about, but other people do? Why? I don't care about the "royal baby" but it was pretty dang easy to just ignore it.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

I missed the guns bit....OP we can legally get guns If we wish, just takes a police check and a decent place to store them.
I have a gunsmith not five mins from my house.
www.aaronwheelergunsmith.co.uk...

So next time do a little research eh?
Just because the gun isn't imbedded in our culture doesn't mean they took our guns.
Anyone else get the feeling this isn't about the baby just more anti british BS because they are jealous? cos we are GREAT Britains.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I don't understand the wall to wall coverage it's getting on the American news channels.
It's a foreign countrys 'royal baby' ... and America dumped the royals a few hundred years ago.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I don't understand the wall to wall coverage it's getting on the American news channels.
It's a foreign countrys 'royal baby' ... and America dumped the royals a few hundred years ago.

Well, Flyer my dear, i have something to tell you...

I am British but living in France just to set the lines straight.

WE here in Europe get all the news too from the United States,(even the small items that are not of national importance to you!)

Do we complain? No we do not...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I know what you mean.

Though, you should have seen the first royal wedding (Diana & Charles). The whole country came to a stop just to watch that broadcast live right in the middle of the school holidays in July 1981. Every piece of memorabilia bought then became collectors items. But royals having kids and getting married is really a once in three decades event, so you've got to understand how everyone will get so excited.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
England and America have one big similarity: People who are famous for doing absolutely nothing.

In England it's the monarchy. In America it's people like Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton. All of them are parasites who don't even deserve 0.1% of the attention they receive.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I could care less.

If it bothers you go watch the Discover Channel, DIY or read a book.

Problem solved.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Royalties, are like Mr. Breivik of Norway. People with self-imagined superiority ... and I don't even spend time reading this garbage, or any other garbage concerning any of the Royalties. They won't be royalties for long, anyway ... it's just a matter of time.

And, while we're at it ... my wife is Chinese, and we sought permission for her mother to get a visa to visit us here in sweden. You know what the Embassy personell called her?

A PEASANT

Yeah, that's right ... that's what "royalties" and their cohorts have for opinion on us "the public" ...

WE'RE PEASANTS

And it's the year 2013

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I would have to say that I'm more of "sick of hearing about it" mindset, rather than angry. Royals, the British ones at least, are little more than celebrities. I care as much about William and Kate's new bundle of joy as I do about Snooki's, or Kim and Kanye's.

Unfortunately, as long as the media fawns over every bowel movement and relationship (Hardly a difference these days, if you ask me) these people have, I will be forced to avoid my t.v.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join