It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else sick of/angered by this "royal" baby nonsense?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Honestly? You are actually angered? Anger is a strong emotion - i really can't believe the fact that someone has had a baby angers you. If it really does anger you then i would be a bit worried for you, to be honest.

Now, sick of the coverage, that i can understand. Wall to wall Royal baby and not even a name yet - there is only so much that can be said.......

The alternative is simple though - just turn off the coverage. Watch something else or better still don't watch. Go out, play with your kids (if you have any), read a book, etc etc. End of problem for you.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
They are the real scroungers/parasites! While you have royalty you will always have less fortunate folk labelled the same.
Their bloodline is responsible for so many acts of inhumanity and committed so many evil crimes against what they refer to as their subjects, plebs or whatever!
The French did what we should have done a long time ago to the A. Maybe we didnt because this bloodline is actually Germanic!
A lady called D showed them for what they are and what they will do to protect their bloodline.
Recent example was to change the law on succession thus ever preventing H from
becoming king should K have had a girl and something happening to W.
H not being of the bloodline. Soldiers boy!
edit on 23-7-2013 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: Making it clear I was refering to the A of france

link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Leaving my heart aside for a moment, allow me to ask two serious questions of those opposed to royalty.

1.) Are you opposed to all kings or just the British ones?

2.) if kings are bad now, have they ever been good? If so, when did kings change from being good to bad? About the time of Marx, perhaps?

1.) I'm opposed to all

2.) The French Revolution was before the time of Karl Marxs birth.

link   

Originally posted by AntoniusBlock

Originally posted by sarahlm
I'm tired of hearing about it all. So she's having a baby!? So what, so are plenty of other women who are going through the same thing, where's their parade?
I'm British, but I have no idea why people go crazy over the Royal family

Because we long for monarchy.

I think "we" long for an Emperor.
An Empire.

Imperialism is our history is it not?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Honestly? You are actually angered? Anger is a strong emotion - i really can't believe the fact that someone has had a baby angers you. If it really does anger you then i would be a bit worried for you, to be honest.

Now, sick of the coverage, that i can understand. Wall to wall Royal baby and not even a name yet - there is only so much that can be said.......

The alternative is simple though - just turn off the coverage. Watch something else or better still don't watch. Go out, play with your kids (if you have any), read a book, etc etc. End of problem for you.

Yeah getting mad over pointless crap is well...pointless.

I have been doing a lot of reading/research the last few days and it has been really fun. I have found out all sorts of answers to my questions and uncovered some crazy stuff that I bet almost no one knows about yet.

edit on 23-7-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

The French Revolution was certainly not some ideal to hold up - mobs roaming the street hanging people from lamposts (with no trials).

This is not a criticism of you Woodward, you generally research topics very thoroughly. However, for those that hold the French Revolution in high regards i would strongly suggest some in depth research into what it actually meant and what actually happened. We all know the effects on the Aristocracy but the common man was equally affected.

Anyhow, that is off topic so i apologise (to you and to the OP).

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Every violent revolution failed in it's original goal, to eliminate tyranny.

By using violence to defeat violence, one becomes the monster they sought to slay.

This actually explains why things are the way they are today.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I'm opposed to a Monarchy because when kings had power like in the middle ages, they were a lot worse than now obviously. You just have to go read about them. Greedy evil Kings who enslaved every common man and made them peasants to work the lands of lords. Back in them times Kings were just murderous villains TBH. Blood lines in succession would do just about anything to attain it, even to the point of killing off their own siblings to secure it. They have dragged us through so many wars for their own selfish desires of their god given right to be anointed Kings.

But that's what toughened us British people up. As a nation we have gone through just about everything that can be done to a country.

I just think the Royals have been made easy targets for the media to coin in on a overrated celebrity status. It seems that in all the western world that there is some kind of celebrity machine / production line. British people may see this more as its not always been like this here. In my view the "Celebrity Hype" has only been going on for the past 10 years or so.

These days they stick some idiot out of big brother or some other reality show and hype them up to such a point they end up working in TV and becoming a "Celeb" in a matter of 5 minuets. IT doesn't matter who you are these days as long as you have white teeth a pretty face and a great figure. In the last 5 years its become so cheesy its unbearable. It winds me up big time...
edit on 23/7/13 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

link   
But the french dont suffer this bollocks that we do today!!
One day these parasites will be gone! And sooner the better!
The Q is will K suffer a similar fate to that of D. Dont be surprised!

link   

Sick of?....A little

angered by?....No

If it makes you angry I think thats your problem. Not theirs. But haters gonna hate!

Me? I just dont think its that important.
edit on 23-7-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
So you hate the royals, fine, no wonder the royals don't care about you! From what I have read about history, countries with royalty seem more stable than those without, if German still had royalty in 1933, Hitler might have got the 'bums rush' and WW 2 might not have started, if the Bolsheviks had not murdered the Romanov's, Russia might not have had to endure the horrors of communism, I don't know, this is just a thought.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Oh but they do suffer like the rest of us !

When one man anywhere is enslaved, than we are all faced with enslavement.

When one tyrant anywhere demands their subjects bow, we are all faced with subjugation.

Power is about control.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Wrong there mate

I'm a brit and have been living in France for 25 years now (married to a French lady) and well integrated... (have a great love for French history but do not have the time right now to answer so many pertinent questions here right now as a violent storm is brewing and need to make sure everything is tied down outside...)..

However, i will do once things have calmed down (especially Charles comments)...
:up

We may not have the same issues as you guys over in the UK or even in the good old world famous U.S of A but we have our equal share of BS sheeple brainwashing stuff in the media (AND ATS) as you!...

We all sit on the same toilet and wipe our bums with the same bog paper don't we? (although i must jealously admit that the royal family probably have 6 layers on their loo roll!!!)

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 23-7-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Typing too fast in a "SMALL European emergency situation"

edit on 23-7-2013 by Rodinus because: yep... no reason!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

I would disagree on the celebrity hype thing you know. This goes back into history - for example, replace movie stars with victorious generals, etc. Victorian Britain had gossip columns, etc.

It has just got much worse recently.

Interest in famous people is a long standing human condition though and not necessarily a bad thing. It becomes a bad thing when it morphs into hero worship - for example, in the UK, the amount of young women that look up to TOWIE stars or Katie Price or the like. Or the Kardashians in the US.

If hero worship of "celebrity" is something that we find necessary, at least make it for "worthy" people like those that strive to improve our lives and conditions.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

We all sit on the same toilet and wipe our bums with the same bog paper don't we? (although i must jealously admit that the royal family probably have 6 layers on their loo roll!!!)

6 layers? Really?

Are there any Royal Princesses available for marriage?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Princess Eugenie

But rather you than me mate

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Hey, as long as this is in the news and not any of the important things going on in the world...

Ignorance is bliss, eh?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Royals use a beday and A towel to dry off

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by Rodinus

6 layers? Really?

Are there any Royal Princesses available for marriage?

So you still have not got that irritating hemorroide problem sorted out Flav?

May i suggest a good Harley street surgeon?

I would opt for Kates sister Pippa.... goes without saying!!!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

*Calls Pip on the phone*... "So Pip my dear are you still coming across for our "special Tarzan evening" on Saturday with all the leather n stuff?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Flavian

Princess Eugenie

But rather you than me mate

Still........6 layers.......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join