It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Necronomicron

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I go it, and im in UK, havent tried anything yet though, not really got the guts!

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Has anyone bothered to read the introduction and preface of the Necronomican? I mean, come on!

Several people died to bring this book to light, the author (or rather, the person writing down what the demon was saying) warning people not to use the incantations, etcetera... and then the book is mass produced?

I CHALLANGE ANYONE TO SEND A WATCHER OR EVEN THE FIRE GOD IN MY DIRECTION! PROVE THYSELVES!

It cannot be done; hell, e-mail me or send me a U2U, and I'll even gladly give you my picture for rituals...
(now, if anyone has read my intro posting or my "what am I?" will know I'm baiting you...)

The Necronomican of popular publications is FALSE. It is the writings from a dream-state. Lovecraft only recieved portions... granted, if you believe in something strong enough, it'll happen...

So, come one, come all... let's put this to an end. Those who believe the Necronomican to be true, those who follow in the "Great Beast" Crowley (who, in my opinion, was nothing more than a small small man who was trying to make himself into something he wasn't... and never could be)... come and get me.

Do the incantations by self, or for better and stronger energy, do a group ritual... what do any of you have to loose?

Come, take the challenge. I ask only of one thing...

It be of your own free will.

Come.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
www.dcc.online.pt...

Check this out.. I've tried some research on this book, but couldn't find much, not much sources... here's what i've found:
Sumerian mythos are at least partially true, many is said that i couldn't confirm, but what i found was congruent ...
It's important to focus the fact that the images of "good" and "evil", or "satanic" are recent ideas who where globally implemented by the christian ideology. The devil is associated with the deity of the moon, "sin" accordangly with the summerians myths, and it's most of all a simbol of fertility (and everything that follows), not a simbol of "evil". Therefore, the book it's not utterly "evil", it points to practices of a lunar ideology, wich is a whole diferent matter...
A good point to give some credibility is the warning by the editor to use Solar magic (also recent, in wide historycal point of view) in a golden dawn work practices, to counteract some ill that might come from using the book. As they sey, "it works better". I'm am not an iniciate on any hermetic shop, ence i cannot say nothing about the vality of the rituals himselfs, but this much i found:
1 - The gates are correctly drawn. The gates corresponding to the romantic planets (moon, mars, mercury, etc...).
2 - The Grimmoire (the 50 names of marduk) are at least partially credible. even a non-iniciated like i could find correspondence between the books grimmoire and some "known" entityes.
Also, if not for more, it's interesting to read to book for the, say, "theorectical" introduction. once you filter the assumptions, you get something from it...
Personnally, i believe that the book IS a lovecraft fictional creation, this book i give you is nothing more than version (very recent) from someone who at least knows something...

Sorry by the english, it sucks!!

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
heh, im gone for who knows how long and i come back to see one of my posts on top....but i think the thread has drifted from any actual discussion into bit comments here and there, which could still work. oddly enough, every now and then i see a random copy of the bogus paperback necronomicon...and i just have to laugh when i see it, cos its usually being read by people who claim to really know whats going on and arent anyones stooges. and yet they have a mass-printed edition of some ancient holy and mystical work holding secrets of unimaginable power? tools.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I have a copy of the Simon Necronomicon,which appears at first sight to be a list of Sumerian rituals etc.

I daresay that Sumerian rituals do exist in one form or another, but as to whether or not they (and/or Arabic texts) were ever collected together and called 'Necronomicon', I have no idea.

Fake or not, I do know however that certain occultists use the Simon version for particular rituals (some are classed as protective spells) - whether they work or not, I don't know, as I have never tried them. The point is, if you believe in a ritual strongly enough, you can get it to work.

Fake Necronomicons

John Dee and the Necronomicon

The Simon Necronomicon

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
yes, the world is in one's mind alone...

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
dont sleep on the necronomicon you guys may think its all fiction but believe me those gods in there are based on beings that actually existed or archetypes that exist on some dimensional level , the necronomicon is like a ancient sumerian grimoire all those gods in there marduk enki enlil anu the igigi are real on some mental or astral level remember the watchers are spoken of in the book of enoch as biengs who are similiar to the nephilim who are in the bible known as the giants who ruled the earth in ancient times and built all the monolithic structures that scientist today cant explain or try to cover up info on the potential power contained in the incantations and the energies being evoked are so old and ancient its like releasing a nuke and can be just as deadly and destructive in the wrong hands.

invoke and banish often
love is the law love under will

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Howdy folks...

The Necronomicon, is also refered to a book called Kitab Al-Azif...

Some interesting reading...

www.miskatonic.net...

www.yankeeclassic.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by enoc
dont sleep on the necronomicon you guys may think its all fiction but believe me those gods in there are based on beings that actually existed or archetypes that exist on some dimensional level

I'm not convinced of this yet but when I study the techniques for Astral travel I'll see. According to Samael Aun Weor; he met Beelzebub in the Astral plane and even helped raise him up from being a demon.(See "The Revolution of Beelzebub").

the book of enoch as biengs who are similiar to the nephilim who are in the bible known as the giants who ruled the earth in ancient times and built all the monolithic structures

According to Godfrey Higgins(a white Mason), these monolith builders were Merotic black-skinned Buddhas(See Anacalypsis).

that scientist today cant explain or try to cover up info on the potential power contained in the incantations and the energies being evoked are so old and ancient its like releasing a nuke and can be just as deadly and destructive in the wrong hands.

Word?
?

Originally posted by Yoda
Howdy folks...

The Necronomicon, is also refered to a book called Kitab Al-Azif...

Some interesting reading...

www.miskatonic.net...

www.yankeeclassic.com...

Interesting. I wonder who these Sumerians were that supposedly wrote that crazy sh*t on human skin. Sounds evil.(Though I don't think the Sumerians as a whole were "evil").

ONE

[Edited on 9-1-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I fully expect to get jumped for saying this gang..but sorry...it's a fake in the sense that it itself is not an ancient text. Lovecraft is at the heart of this one. He did indeed use archetypes from Sumarian and other sources but put them together for his own mythos. If one wants to explore that realm I would suggest "The Book of Abra Melin the Mage", it's provenance is beyond dispute and you will find the same workings and more are offered. 93

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
As I said, I doubt that the Sumerian texts were ever collected and called 'Necronomicon'.

Yes, Lovecraft 'created' the book - but what did he base it on ?

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I always thought it was just something out of Evil Dead. Oh well, I'm a moron.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
heh....enocs post reminds me of this movie i saw...."Altered States" its pretty good. almost forgot about the biblical giants there....wow. yeah. regardless of whether or not any culture had a 'necronomicon' by such a name, the archetypes referred to in it and ancient cultural texts are similar, despite the phsyical barriers usually involved. i like the persistent atlantis myths....theyre usually good for a ride. and rather than being some surreal entities, they were just advanced men who went corrupt and called forth that which they could not put down, be it in the magical or scientific sense. nuclear war is sort of one way.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The one who invented the necronomicron was none
other than the writer H.P. Lovecraft who mentions
it in some of his stories.
In Lovecraft's fictional world this grimoire, or book of
black magic was written by the mad Arab Abdul Alhazred.

I have actually seen a few editions of a book with this title
in various occult/new age shops.
But if anybody tells you that it is a genuine or the real thing
tell them it's baloney.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
During the 1920's a little known American horror writer began to write a series of short stories based around a cycle of myths called the Chulhu mythos. At the heart of this mythology was a book of diabolical incantations known as the Necronomicon. H.P Lovcrafts' novelettes and short stories have the 'feel' of reality to them, and It's certainly true that the stories seem to have appeared �over night�, almost as if Lovecraft was recounting factual tales of demonic possession, rediscovery of lost cities, and horrific encounters with long forgotten creatures which roam the edges of the known world. This was largely due to Lovecraft's style of writing, which has the feel of someone 'on the edge', weighted down with the knowledge that the world is not what it seems ...

Could it be that Lovecraft had discovered a previously unknown hierarchy of evil? If the mythos is an ancient genuine mythology� then surely the Necronomicon, as the text that recounts these 'demons', must also exist.

Thus enters Dr. John Dee into the 'history' of the Cthulhu mythos, and the history of the Necronomicon. The creatures that inhabit the Cthulhu mythos can, in many cases, be identified as variations on some of the genuine mythological beasts found in Babylonian and Sumerian mythology. Lovecraft even goes so far as to identify Dee as the translator of the Necromonicon into English.

John Dee, the Liber Logaeth and The Myth of the Necronomicon

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Entitled "I am issuing a challenge"... I ran this a few months back, had nothing happen. I am ready, and willing, to have the wrath of the Annu unleashed upon me. Anybody wishing to partake, please let me know. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Gee is this not the reputed Egyptian book of the dead?

Is there not existance of Egyptian references to this book existing?

Then it likely existed and frankly I can see why it is hidden and controlled by certain powers.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Actually it is not "the reputed Egyptian Book of the Dead." One has nothing to do with the other. The Book of the Dead are funerary texts translated by E.A. Wallis-Budge. The sources for the Necronomicon, such as they are, are held at the British Museum in their manuscript collection. These are Sumarian tablets and translations done mostly in the 19th century. The entities that Dr. John Dees is supposedly to have contacted were the Enochian pantheon and once again have nothing to do with Sumarian mythos.

It seems that facts are far less interesting than sarcasm but i hope this adds to the body of knowledge.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Its funny how the biggest liars warn others not to lie. Tyler, for example.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Okay "The Book of the Dead" is not the name for it. That's dead a-ss WRONG. In Kemetian it's Pert Em Heru. In English the best title would be "The Book Of Coming Forth By Day".

And it's not some "spell book" or demonology either. That's nonsense.

Check for Muata Ashby's translation. Faulkner's is pretty decent too. Budge's is one of the worst.

ONE

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by Tamahu]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join