It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Necronomicron

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2002 @ 07:42 PM
link   
this book is mentioned a lot in the illuminatus! trilogy, and ive heard conflicting reports about it, and several 'mystical' shops ive visited deny its existence. i believe there may be several versions of it (i.e. a 'real' ancient version, a 'hoax' ancient version, and then entirely fictional accounts produced merely to provide substance to books like the Principia Discordia and the Illuminatus Trilogy. i have a feeling i am becoming incredibly annoying, and if i am, please tell me. and if youd like, tell me what it is specifically that annoyed you so i can do it again. lol cogito ego sum asinus

posted on Aug, 4 2002 @ 09:44 PM
link   
One point, novus ordo secularism is destroying our catholic church.

vatican two is a bogus council that goes agaist the true church, and every pope
since vatican two has been an anti pope teaching heresy and lies.

read chapter 13 of apoc about false prophet who was wounded and then healed. john paul ll
in 1981 was shot and revived, the great false prophet of the catholic church.

The novus ordo mass is an invalid mass, and jesus is not presence at the novus ordo, it
is decieving many of souls.

peace.

posted on Aug, 4 2002 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The most commonly known Necronomicon was a book of the most evil entities that ever existed...Mentioned in H.P. Lovecraft's works of fiction. Lovecraft never actually wrote any version of the book itself, but merely wrote random passages of it as a method to enhance his fictional horror stories.

Of course, I've also seen some website (I forgot the URL) where somebody decided to use the passages that Lovecraft created & expand it into a full version of the fictional book.

Then again, perhaps the Necronomicon actually exists & Lovecraft was actually writing about true events, but I've never actually seen any verification...

posted on Aug, 5 2002 @ 12:04 AM
link   
It is, indeed, a hoax based on the Lovecraft short stories.

The serious Craft shops would deny its existance, indeed... selling the thing and claiming it's the real item would kill their credibility in the Pagan community. Lots of us had been practicing Wiccans for many years (and heavily into magickal research) before Necro came along. We laughed at it, but there were a few who believed the Lovecraft stories just HAD to be true (in spite of the fact that he kept making his good friend, Clark Ashton Smith and other chums the evil priests of various sects in his stories.)

There are various reasons why the things in the book wouldn't work from a Magickal standpoint, but that's a discussion for some other time and place.

Hoax. Strictly a hoax. That's why the shops won't sell it. You can get copies at Amazon.com, however.

posted on Aug, 5 2002 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Byrd, after such childish statements, how do you expect me not to be angry with you?

Lovecraft claims that he wrote the book but he never did. In fact he never even seen the real Necronomicon. His future wife Sonia Greene, visited him on 2 separate occasions in 1921 and during those 2 meetings she introduced some ideas based on what Crowley (her previous lover) had told her. Now, Crowley really did have first - or second hand access to the real Necronomicon.

And now,Mr Celine, first you steal my post (i was gonna do 1 like this
) and now you couldnt even spell the thing correct. Its not Necronomicron its Necronomicon!

Oh and Byrd: "Hoax. Strictly a hoax. That's why the shops won't sell it. You can get copies at Amazon.com, however."

Is this dumb and dumber?
The book what some like to call "the book of the dead" or what i like to call the True Bible really is the book of "of things now dead and gone".
It holds the truth about history of earth and its the closest guarded secret of Illuminati. And you expect to go and buy it on amazon or any local craft shop?

Byrd, i really think that excessive contaminant of water fluoridation in your area inflicted some major damage on the most delicate parts of your cerebral cortex.

posted on Aug, 5 2002 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Tyler, could you please provide sources?

Lovecraft (I've got several collections of his stories) never claimed to have written the Necro. It's just a book that he made up (in fact, he said it was written by "the mad Arab".)

Now... I did a bunch of poking around when the book first appeared in the 1970's, as did other members of my coven. My notes are long lost, however I've found this page which correlates with what we found (and adds some new notes (we didn't have access to Lovecraft's notes and there hadn't been any collections of his letters published))
www.geocities.com...

That's how we knew it was fake.

For those of you new to this issue, Lovecraft's works were reissued in the 1970's and late 60's in paperback form -- this during the time of Alfred Hitchcock's tv show and Outer Limits; when science fiction went from monsters-in-rubber-suits to more sophisitcated forms. Following the publication of the Lovecraft collections, there were a number of fake Necronomicon editions that suddenly appeared. To those of us seriously studying Magick and systems of belief, the fakes were unbelievably silly (and just plain wrong.)

Here's researcher Cecil Adams' page ("The Straight Dope"): www.straightdope.com...

Now, Tyler, if you've got some counter proof, both Cecil Adams and I would surely love to know about it. You can write and set him straight, too... but be sure to provide good references or expect to be laughed at in print.

posted on Aug, 5 2002 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Bryd, i dont see why i should bother sweating hard and working on something just to proof some "Cecil Adams" that Necronomicon really exist.

I'll tell you what, why dont you agree that when you and your buddys decided that Necronomicon is fake you really did deal with a fake material.
I know for sure that there were loads of wonnaable Necronomicons circulating for the last 50 years and usually distinguishable by poor and unintelligent contents.
Maybe thats why you "laughed" at it when you were "heavily into magickal research"

posted on Aug, 5 2002 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Tyler, your opinion doesn't count as proof.

C'mon... pony up with the evidence. You claim it's real -- so let's have some proof, eh?

posted on Aug, 5 2002 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ok Byrdie, i'll present ... some proof in the next 24 hours!
Stay tuned.

posted on Aug, 5 2002 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Ah'm all a-twitter.

posted on Aug, 5 2002 @ 03:57 PM
link   
tick tock clarisse

posted on Aug, 6 2002 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2002 @ 10:09 PM
link   
And this has what to do with your stone-clad proof about the Necronomicon?

I see theories. I don't see smoking-gun evidence.

posted on Aug, 7 2002 @ 01:46 PM
link   
And I guess the only instance when you'd say i proveiede you with some"stone-clad" proof would be when i sent you the real Necronomicon, in christmass wrapping by next day UPS recorded air delivery to your desk?

posted on Aug, 7 2002 @ 02:27 PM
link   
If it's a published book, then there's a record of who published it, where they were, and who the author was (or what pseudonym was used.)

If it's dating back to the time when books were handwritten, there will be other public records of it (books were owned by the wealthy at those times or by monastaries. They were catalogued.

In either case, once you know the original "book" you can then examine the book to see if the language is consistant with the time when it was supposed to have been written (or if it's faked.) You can judge the source material (even in the case of the very inventive Dr. Dee... he had sources for his occult experiments) and see how authentic it is.

And, of course, looking at the typography will tell you a lot about a printed book (often what era it was printed in).

But... investigative procedures aside, you haven't actually offered us any proof that you have such a manual in your possession and that it is the "authentic" one -- and the one that Lovecraft copied/used as research/whatever.

Lovecraft says in his private letters that he made it up though he was once tempted to write a fake one. Scholars say that the book doesn't exist and that existing copies are simply fakes.

If you've got something that destroys these claims, there's a number of us (as well as a number of scholars) who would be interested in it. And if it's good enough, then yes, it should be offered to the library with the most extensive collection of Lovecraftian material for authentication. It would be a valuable piece of literary evidence.

...if it's for real.

posted on Aug, 10 2002 @ 12:44 PM
link   
i agree with tyler here, and proof of one fake that was published in the '70s and then reprinted in the late '90s that a friend of mine came across is edited by a simon (moon?) and is only around 400-500 pages, with most of it being background on aleister crowley, H.P. lovecraft, and a bunch of bull. the 'book' by the mad arab Abdul Alhazred is missing and important feature....the drawings of shoggoths and people engaged in odd sex acts and getting stoned, and while they did mention things that could be considered shoggoths and gave their calling cards, which consisted of a bunch of pentagrams (right-hand exalted usually) connected by stupid wavy lines, and one of the prefaces is written by the character from the illuminatus! trilogy who had less of a clue as to what was going on then Carmel and said 'Blessed Be' a whole lot and did a bunch of nude dancing during the 'final battle' joe doesnt believe me when i say his version is definitely fake. my friend Anthony however, said he had a version that he kept trying to get rid of but couldnt, much like his ouijia board. hes probably just trying to scare me or something

posted on Aug, 10 2002 @ 12:48 PM
link   
is it just me....or is truth not quite playing with a full deck when he responds where im concerned?

posted on Aug, 12 2002 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Necronomicon, I've heard about it one time. It was in the Evil Dead I & II movies.
( funny movies )

This book exist or not ?

posted on Aug, 12 2002 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Yes, the book exists. There's a number of them.

They are all works of fiction.

posted on Aug, 13 2002 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Researching the Necronomicon is sorta like trying to read the Principia Discordia...All 600 different copies of it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join