It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daring to be Different in the Black Community

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

If you're going to repeat yourself, then I'm going to repeat myself from the previous page...

Don't you think we all know that uneducated racists exist in every culture?

The OP speaks from a black culture point of view because she's black.

It's that simple really.

The point of ATS is to deny ignorance no matter where it comes from and the OP is doing just that based on where she comes from.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tranceopticalinclined

If we continue to say the Public knows Justice better than the Justice system...

You mean the corrupted justice system that certain people use it when it favors them? then hate on it when it is against them?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

It meant repeated because some are too ignorant to see the underlying tones.

She was calling black culture as uneducated masses that "kept" her from her "freedom".

Realty is that is not true. There is no one preventing people from getting education.

an ignorant racist doesn't know he is racist.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by Baddguy
reply to post by crazyewok

listen..i don't give a damn about civil rights... all i care about is for people to be viewed as equals...and my question to the world is why are people with darker skin the most hated on in the world?

There not at least round here. Not the ones that have adopted wetsern culture and its ways and have buckled down and worked hard.

The hatred is at the gangbangers and ones with entilement issues who use there skin colour as a excuse for failure.

no....the ones you personally hate are the gangbangers with entitlement issues...but that's not all the black people of the world

Lets be real people...black skin is looked down upon world wide so if we are gonna pretend its only towards American blacks then we might as well not even discuss it

Could it be that they're the ones trying the hardest to separate themselves from the rest of humanity with their history and culture? Serious question.

The world wants to separate itself from blacks period. Blacks are the most willing to date and procreate outside their race...

ad what culture?? black Americans have no culture..that why we face many problems we do today...our culture was stripped from our ancestors when they were brought over as slaves and when Christianity was forced down on us..i say us because im black..im not the spokesman for the "black community"
edit on 16-7-2013 by Baddguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by Deetermined

It meant repeated because some are too ignorant to see the underlying tones.

She was calling black culture as uneducated masses that "kept" her from her "freedom".

Realty is that is not true. There is no one preventing people from getting education.

an ignorant racist doesn't know he is racist.

In the tone the OP set out, getting an education is like leaving the herd. Talking "white" is like leaving the group. Being an uncle Tom. (to some, not all)

I feel like this mentality is being bolstered by the hip hop community that is glorifying all things "ghetto". I may be slagged for that, but it is my opinion.

Stereotypes seem to drive public opinion and will overtake rational thought in most cases.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

reply to post by crazyewok

listen..i don't give a damn about civil rights... all i care about is for people to be viewed as equals...and my question to the world is why are people with darker skin the most hated on in the world?

I didn't know they were the most hated, where have you learned this?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

There is something about belonging to any group or and community, you will take on their mannerisms, I don't know why but I find myself doing it.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

i learned it from school...nah seriously though...ask around..i talk to people fro different parts of the world about stuff like this often..its really nothing new..black Americans are number one hated..My father is African and told me last year that i wasnt African, i was black and what they call a "n word"
it was funny as hell but made me remember how i was viewed by many foreigners

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The fact is not everyone is influenced by such impression, you are generalizing just like OP did.. sadly what makes it worse is OP sh*t on her own culture(her track record for hating her own kind is well known, from her profile). Its like saying every white person wants their kid to be Honey boo boo or every Mexican wants their dogs to be like the Taco bell dog lol..

The fact is educating does not hold monopoly on one culture, however OP seems to think Black culture does not have education thus she needs to leave her culture to be educated. That's the most retarded thing i heard.

Its like a Asian kid saying "mom! only way i can be a basketball player if i adopt a black culture"

edit on 7/16/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

That is totally normal. A product of your environment. And in that case, it's rare to break the mold of regularity.

Like the OP was raised in what I call a normal environment. Then when trust into a racist type environment, she wasn't quite sure how to react, even though her peers just assumed she would based on her skin color.

I believe that if I was brought up in a low income "ghetto" type environment, I would be a very different person today, just as we all would should our situations be changed.

But the mindset on both sides (the extreme mindset) seems to take front seat in the news and thusly drives public opinion. Until either the public gains the ability to think on their own, or the media stops driving the race bus all over town, this will just keep on as it has. (IMHO)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by zomba44
I question if the OP is really black, or a black op planted here to justify and inflame from within. Either that, or serious self-hatred from trauma experienced in her childhood.

If I am really black???

You have that mentality that surely a black person can't be thinking for themself, aspiring college degrees, or embrace all races.

Surely...

Thefore I must be a made up 'myth'.

Anyway, to address your comment regrding black people 'suffering from the effects of slavery', it just simply is not true.

As I stated before, we would see the poverty level, low education, high crime, and victim hood mentality in the people who are far less removed than blacks of today. In other words, why were the black people not like the way we are now back during Reconstruction?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The fact is not everyone is influenced by such impression, you are generalizing just like OP did.. sadly what makes it worse is OP sh*t on her own culture(her track record for hating her own kind is well known, from her profile). Its like saying every white person wants their kid to be Honey boo boo or every Mexican wants their dogs to be like the Taco bell dog lol..

When you are talking about a group, you have to generalize. The OP was not any different than the other people she grew up with until she moved. Think about that. If I grew up in Japan, I would probably speak Japanese and act according to the place I adopted my culture at. All without any trying on my part. It would just come naturally.

The fact is educating does not hold monopoly on one culture, however OP seems to think Black culture does not have education thus she needs to leave her culture to be educated. That's the most retarded thing i heard.

Its like a Asian kid saying "mom! only way i can be a basketball player if i adopt a black culture"

edit on 7/16/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

Becoming educated by the system, dropping the Ebonics lingo, dressing like a business professional are all things you need to do if you want to excel in the business world of today, but to some in the black community, that is selling out. Even if it betters yourself and your family.

Trust me, I get the big picture that this is not how everyone is, I really do.

edit to add:
Oh, and never, ever play the Honey boo-boo card unless you want a war.

edit on 16-7-2013 by network dude because: added thought.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

a black person can't be thinking for themselves, aspiring college degrees, or embrace all races.

It seems you have the mentality that ones needs to leave their culture in order to acquire these things. Fortunately not everyone thinks like that.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

There is something about belonging to any group or and community, you will take on their mannerisms, I don't know why but I find myself doing it.

Yeah, it's sort of like ATS members modifying their core beliefs because they want to fit in with the "cool" ATS crowd.

It's a totally natural psychological process called "bonding" www.sciencedaily.com...

Now we have cyber bonding.

edit on 16-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I support you OP. I've seen that kind of stuff around here in Aruba as well. (my wife has been told to stop walking "like a white girl" for example and to act more "black" when she was growing up). now she has fiscal law degree and is in much better shape job wise and financially than most if not all who shunned her for not acting "ghetto or black enough".

And guess what. Some of those people are now parting with those ways and trying to get a better life by thinking and acting positive, getting a better education, starting a business and doing this that they would've considered as "acting white" when they were teenagers.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

i learned it from school...nah seriously though...ask around..i talk to people fro different parts of the world about stuff like this often..its really nothing new..black Americans are number one hated..My father is African and told me last year that i wasnt African, i was black and what they call a "n word"
it was funny as hell but made me remember how i was viewed by many foreigners

really?
you know I live in the inner city myself and have a mixed family, I don't see this hatred you speak of.

the whole world hates African Americans? That news to me.

I thought they hated white Christians
edit on 103131p://bTuesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Yeah, it's sort of like ATS members modifying their core beliefs because they want to fit in with the "cool" ATS crowd.

LOL what cool crowd?

I am a loner,olaru, I don't even speak often to people in private message on this forum.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

a black person can't be thinking for themselves, aspiring college degrees, or embrace all races.

It seems you have the mentality that ones needs to leave their culture in order to acquire these things. Fortunately not everyone thinks like that.

I agree on that. But......if you are going to work in a Hip Hop recording studio, you are almost required to dress and talk a certain way, where as if you want to get a job in middle management of Revlon Corp., you will need to adopt a completely different persona if you want to be seriously considered.

In keeping with the flow of discussion, I feel like someone would be more of a sellout if they didn't follow their dreams in favor of staying with the majority and doing what is expected of you by your peers.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I thought they hated white Christians

No, that just some ATS members.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

But she didnt leave her culture, she was ostracised for not acting the way they wanted her to.
And i say culture here in avery localised way.

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join