It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daring to be Different in the Black Community

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

ive lived from the "projects" to the suburbs and dont have a mixed family...i know what im talking about..even as a Freemason ive seen it and im not gonna pretend like its not truth

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baddguy

ive lived from the "projects" to the suburbs and dont have a mixed family...i know what im talking about..even as a Freemason ive seen it and im not gonna pretend like its not truth

If you say so, I just never knew that, I pretty much keep to myself don't belong to any organizations, no churches, maybe I am really sheltered.

If I could I would disappear into the wilderness.
edit on 103131p://bTuesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by zomba44
I question if the OP is really black, or a black op planted here to justify and inflame from within. Either that, or serious self-hatred from trauma experienced in her childhood.

If I am really black???

You have that mentality that surely a black person can't be thinking for themself, aspiring college degrees, or embrace all races.

Surely...

Thefore I must be a made up 'myth'.

Anyway, to address your comment regrding black people 'suffering from the effects of slavery', it just simply is not true.

As I stated before, we would see the poverty level, low education, high crime, and victim hood mentality in the people who are far less removed than blacks of today. In other words, why were the black people not like the way we are now back during Reconstruction?

if your going to deny the effects slavery still has today then you dont really wnat to learn about the "black community" its that simple...

you keep bringing up the Reconstruction era...did blacks start the reconstruction era or just subject to it...that same for civil rights.....were blacks not still segregated until late 60's?????? yes blacks did well for them selves during that time...why?? because the worked TOGETHER...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
There is an easy solution, and most AAs were raised with the message of forgiving one another and loving our enemies for what does it profit a man to love those that love him back,the real test is to love those that hate you.
There was a messenger, the world rejected the message because man is not lover of the truth, man took a pure message and twisted it into something unrecognizable.

Loving one-another sounds like such a simple solution, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Treat others like you would like to be treated.
The golden rule.

Simple, elegant, proven. Ignored.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Baddguy

Well, i have talked to people from other countries. Africans from Ghana and Nigeria. Canadians, even Asians. And I've talked to black people that actually traveled outside the country.

No kind of hate that your talking about. The closest are those areas of the world where skin tone is seen as a status symbol because those with darker hues are seen as the lower economic class because those are the farmers that have to toil all day in the sun.

If anything black americans are seen ass less than because we are American. That's about it.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Baddguy

Do you see any apprehension with mixed race lodges in your area?
(U2U if you feel it's off topic)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

i did when had just become an EA..many of the gentlemen didn't show for any of my degrees..with a new lodge now

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

i went to The Dominican republic 2 years ago with my 'bestest' buddies...long story short..i kept getting nasty looks from older people and being called sucio and crap becuase they thought i was Haitian because im dark my friends told me they are calling you a dirty black......you know what....im not even gonna argue about this point..
edit on 16-7-2013 by Baddguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

We all know there are racist people around. The difference is that a large segment of the population wants to use it as an excuse to justify their own failures or short comings. Another portion blames race for every bad thing that happens. News Flash – Bad things happen to everyone!

What bearing do racists have on your life…really?? If there is a white redneck or white mason who hates you because you’re black….who cares?? There are plenty of other races that hate me for being white and I could care less. I still go to work every day!

Most of us have no problem if someone does other things we may disagree with (gay marriage, drug use, how some people raise their kids, what religion they practice, etc, etc) so why be bothered by people’s racist thoughts?? To each his own! It’s their burden to carry, not ours!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Loving one-another sounds like such a simple solution, doesn't it?

Simple solutions are almost always the best.

Even if you can't love everyone, just live and let live. Unless someone is truly infringing on your rights, let it go! You know what people say about opinions.....

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

simply because im a man that cares about the human race....it doesn't hurt me if someone hates me...but i still want to know why becuse im not a hateful person nor do i exude hate..i want to make sure i didnt give someone a reason to hate me..i understand sometimes it cant be helped but that's just me man...
i dont stress over it...i just like to discuss crap on ATS where people pretend alot

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think the cat ladies across the street hate me,

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by seabag

simply because im a man that cares about the human race....it doesn't hurt me if someone hates me...but i still want to know why becuse im not a hateful person nor do i exude hate..i want to make sure i didnt give someone a reason to hate me..i understand sometimes it cant be helped but that's just me man...
i dont stress over it...i just like to discuss crap on ATS where people pretend alot

I hear you, man. It’s good to vent on ATS and with family and friends. The venting I don’t like are the vocal bigots who actively recruit new bigots to push agendas (New Black Panthers, Neo Nazis, KKK, Democrats
). OK, I threw the last one in for fun.

Live and let live! That doesn’t mean we can’t have an opinion (or a vote) but I don’t like people who are ‘in your face’ with things….especially race-baiters. Be a bigot all you want but stay out of my face with it, ya know?

In the OP's case, she has some different views than her family. Its ok to be different. They should accept her opinion as HER OPINION (even if they disagree) and move on. There is no need for them to be in her face with their beliefs. To each his own!

edit on 16-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The thing that really chaps my grits; is the assumptions people make on ATS based on one post, one thread, then call you to task over it; over generalizing and making and holding resentments.

Hardly denying ignorance; infact embracing ignorance by marginalizing others.

I do it all the time

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Would anyone, especially the people that deeply disagree with my stance on this issue, like to attempt to deconstruct my argument regarding slavery?

I stated, to a poster, that if slavery had any type of effect of modern day blacks, we should have seen it in the blacks that were closer to that era. Yet we don't, because this is another liberal-given excuse for blacks to play 'victim' for life.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

The thing that really chaps my grits; is the assumptions people make on ATS based on one post, one thread, then call you to task over it; over generalizing and making and holding resentments.

I do it all the time

Yes, it happens all the time but what can you do?? All we have to go on is a post or two. It's hard to tell what type of person you're dealing with.

I used to take things personal on here until it dawned on me that 1) they don't know me and 2) they may just be venting.

edit on 16-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by olaru12

I do it all the time

Yes, it happens all the time but what can you do?? All we have to go on is a post or two. It's hard to tell what type of person you're dealing with.

I used to take things personal on here until it dawned on me that 1) they don't know me and 2) the may just be venting.

Copy that....

I was banned for being much to strident in my opinions.
Now it's just wonderful entertainment and an excellent resource.

and when you get enough flags and stars they give you a pony....
edit on 16-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Lets look at this Hypothesis. If black weren't slaves, would you think the average education and business owned by black population would be higher now? would they have less crime rate, rebel less against "the man"?

im pretty sure the fruit of slavery and the effect of slavery can be observed in this time(denying this is ignorance). Only problem then and now is people are holding back their hatred more(or try to).

Only hope i have is in this future generation, but you never know how many parents will "build" their kids to their mindsets.

Racism will live on until all the babies are born with some mixed beige colour.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Would anyone, especially the people that deeply disagree with my stance on this issue, like to attempt to deconstruct my argument regarding slavery?

I stated, to a poster, that if slavery had any type of effect of modern day blacks, we should have seen it in the blacks that were closer to that era. Yet we don't, because this is another liberal-given excuse for blacks to play 'victim' for life.

...your acting as if the reconstruction era was just all fine and dandy and perfect for blacks. During that time southern white tried their best to disenfranchise blacks that had any pull...with out the labor of slaves the white economy was hurt and vexed..how do you think the grandfather clause and Jim Crow laws came to be??? why do you think they brought segregation in??? they wanted to separate and denounce blacks...how could life have been so sweet for blacks during that time???? Yes some did make it into office but they were all selected...just like the president

on top of that...most blacks couldn't read or write and ad to go back to working plantations...how could they be so well off if more than half of them couldn't read or write and had land and all kinds off stuff taken from them???

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join