It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daring to be Different in the Black Community

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Lot of "you" there lol... i guess you would think only people talking back against OP(or rather this one sided thread) must be black lol

Anyways lol........

Its not about what any race has to do for black people or give them free stuff, but you need to understand their mindset on why they behave like that.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddguy

should the Jews just forget about the Holocaust because i didn't do it??..so why are they always talking about it?? why are they always comparing?

As I stated before, the Jews used it as motivation to better themselves and become successful! They didn't sit around for 100 years saying "woe is me" or "German's owe us".

No excuses from them!

Nobody is suggesting forgetting about slavery...it's part of American history. I'm just saying that SOME PEOPLE need to stop using it as an excuse. All of the successful Americans (who happen to be black) didn't make excuses.

edit on 16-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

should the Jews just forget about the Holocaust because i didn't do it??..so why are they always talking about it?? why are they always comparing?

It is soo anti-semite, talking about on ATS is forbidden, you either agree what they tell you or thread closed.

Double standard i tells ya!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

There a big diffrence to rembering it and useing it as a excuse for failure and to leach off and/or Attack society.

Yeah rember it. Teach it in schools, hell have a slavery memoral day, erect a few statues.

But stop useing it as a card to make current day whites feel guilty. Stop useing to get special privilages or as a excuse for crime and poverty. Stop useing it as a excuse to be racist to whites.
edit on 16-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Its not about what any race has to do for black people or give them free stuff, but you need to understand their mindset on why they behave like that.

O I understand it.

I just dont agree with it and thinks it is holding back a large number of blacks.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

The thing that seems to escape many blacks is that slavery didn’t happen to you!!

be punished for learning,

That's exactly the point of the OP, that her peers and family punished her for attempting to get an education and better herself.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I agree too... but you seem to think many black falls into this category, but they don't. That would be generalizing.. i guess all the black people in my class during my Bachelors are all figment of my imagination?

link   
reply to post by seabag

Exactly! The Jews took a terrible event and went on to become some of the most rich and succesfull people. Compare a Jewish community to a poor black community in london and you will see a huge diffrence.

link   

do two wrongs make a right?
So its okay to keep mentioning slavery because the jews keep mentioning the holocaust.
Well a fact is that many jews are often very quick to play the anti semite card also, almost as a kneejerk reaction to something they disagree with.
But then the holocaust was only 80 years ago. And we are forever having WW2 thrown into our faces, like we better not forget. But yet now it is the zionist regime of israel that commits atrocities. Funny how things can turn around. We better not forget WW2 yet we cheer our armed forces going into foreign countries that we have no right or place to be there. Am I the only one who sees something wrong with that picture?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

lmao, you took it out of context. that is what the masters told the slaves back in the days.

/facepalm.

Once again you agree that blacks are anti-education.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I agree too... but you seem to think many black falls into this category, but they don't. That would be generalizing.. i guess all the black people in my class during my Bachelors are all figment of my imagination?

I think you missed my earlier post.

Most the people of black origin in my area are very successful and good people Im proud to call friends.

So no I don't think all blacks are poor, lazy and uneducated. I think its split 50/50. Some have pushed forward and have made good life's off themselves other have fallen victim to the low brow part of black culture propagated by race baiters, and "civil" rights groups as well as certain celebrities.

The only people that can help blacks now are blacks themselfs. The OP has realised that and broken from the trap.

link   
reply to post by seabag

i think they feel more like the world owes them
but i dont even want to get into that..its just an example.

now i get the well they dont do this..or 2 wrongs dont make a right...ok but i digress

^^^^ This is how i feel..for real...just understand what your dealing with and dont act like the BC is just a bunch of crazed blacks holding onto slavery...white America cant give anything to the BC we cant get on our own..i feel the BC has what white America wants

link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
reply to post by seabag

Exactly! The Jews took a terrible event and went on to become some of the most rich and succesfull people. Compare a Jewish community to a poor black community in london and you will see a huge diffrence.

The people making excuses today seem to conveniently forget the generations of black Americans who did prosper after gaining freedom. Many generations of blacks (long before us) have found huge success!! Why are the younger generations falling back on excuses now??? There is a problem and it's exactly what ButterCookie stated in previous posts! There is a group of people actively trying to create generations of dependant sheeple!!

This is conspiracy FACT!

edit on 16-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I believe that there is such a thing as racial trauma much akin to PTSD. An unconscious response to past events.

It's like telling a soldier with ptsd that witnessed terrible things..."get over it, it didn't happen to you"

www.heinz.org...

Not an excuse, just a part of the cultural puzzle for many minorities.
Living very close to a Rez; I see it everyday.
edit on 16-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

I believe that there is such a thing as racial trauma much akin to PTSD. An unconscious response to past events.

It's like telling a soldier with ptsd that witnessed terrible things..."get over it, it didn't happen to you"

www.heinz.org...

How come so many black people are unaffected and very successful today?

Are they special? Or did they just not make excuses and fall into that trap?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

lmao, you took it out of context. that is what the masters told the slaves back in the days.

/facepalm.

Once again you agree that blacks are anti-education.

No, it wasn't taken out of context at all, just turning the situation around. Just as masters punished people for an education back in the old times, some people punish others today for trying to better themselves.

I never said that blacks are against education, you cannot put words in peoples mouths like that. What is true and is a demonstrable fact, that some elements of many societies reject and castigate individuals for behaving like an individual. The group dynamic is to hold people down and to keep them like everyone else.

A similar trait in another society is in Appalachia where an individual who tries to speak proper English and get an education and better their lot is castigated for "acting uppity." Ostensibly motivated by jealousy, there are some people who cannot stand to see someone else breaking the mold and trying to better themselves. Rather than using them as an inspiration and trying to lift themselves up, too many people see that as a reason to try to pull someone else down. Groupthink and herd mentality are not just part of one demographic.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by olaru12

www.heinz.org...

How come so many black people are unaffected and very successful today?

Are they special? Or did they just not make excuses and fall into that trap?

Perhaps they are special or enjoyed a more positive cultural environment. idk...
I do know that Native Americans by and large have a difficult time in white culture. Tribalism? Language? Trauma? Not everyone has a strong enough constitution to break the tribal bonds that are a huge factor in
cultural/societal mechanisms. I believe this is a factor in Black culture as well.

Not an excuse. The culture mechanics is just supposition on my part but I think there is ample evidence; it exists.

Those claiming we all have an equal opportunity are disregarding the actual personal cultural matrix we live in.

Freedom is an illusion.
edit on 16-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I think we are finally agreeing on things. agrreed up to everything until this...

TThe OP has realized that and broken from the trap.

OP did not do that, the OP specifically states she had to LEAVE her culture to be successful, so are you saying those 50% of the successful ones had to leave their culture as well?

It definitely feels like she left the pond then proceed to piss in the pond.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
my point to the OP is that this individual mindset is what hurts the BC....you see some people are afraid to be out of their comfort zones to help others in unfavorable situations...its understandable.. but we don't live in this world by ourselves...it takes team work..the cells in your body work together to sustain you...when they do what they want they turn to cancer....Individualism is whats hurting the BC.. she made it out the barrel and kicked it along with the other black people crabs down the hill...why cant she go back and try to help other black people crabs get out or show them the way???

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Depends on what you mean by culture.

Not all black culture is bad.

But I said there is what I call the low brow black culture. The "hate Whitey" , be as diffrent to them as possible at the expense of success, play the victim card, demand special treatment gangs, drugs, hard core rap ect

I think that is what the OP has broken away from and if so good for her.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join