It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh God, It's happening. Obama Already Talkin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

When does he get to the part of putting out the message to young people, that it isn't alright to attack someone who is watching you, jump on top of them and pummel them, because you think they are a creepy old cracker.

When will Obama break the silence on the black on white crime epidemic?

When will the discussion on prejudice against white be addressed, and the word get put out that this is not ok, or justified?

Alright Poet, let me share with you.

I live in the southern gentry south where racism is alive and WELL. To see shady characters driving down my road, riding a bike, or walking, doesn't phase me. Despite my upbringing. I wave or say hi. I've had people from the crack houses down the street come up and ask me for some of my corn or pecans. I give it to them. I can't eat it all. People are just people. I have plenty of means to protect myself, but just because they are on my street I dont flippin shoot them and I live in the middle of nowhere.

You have a good point.

Prejudice against whites is also alive and well. I witnessed this first hand in college when I was descriminated against by a teacher. A black friend of mine picked me up from school and I went on a rant about how she was being racist against ME the WHITE girl and he just looked at me and said, "Yeah. She is a racist."

The only great divide between the races exists because it is perpetuated by the government/media.

PERIOD.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Obama is just a thug about one notch higher than trayvon. But both are thuggs nonetheless.

keep that honor among thieves, mr president.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

I have plenty of means to protect myself, but just because they are on my street I dont flippin shoot them and I live in the middle of nowhere.

What are you saying here. If some 6 foot seventeen year old kid punched you in the face, and got on top of you and started pummeling you, you wouldn't defend yourself?

I think we should stay on message.

No body has the right to punch someone, because they think that person might be following them, even if that person is following them. Following is not stalking.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Yep so Travyon protected himself from someone following him who starting a conflict. Totally!

Running up and hitting someone is not "protecting yourself". It's an act of aggression. We don't know exactly what happened between the confrontation of Zimmerman and Martin.

What we do know, if that Zman was patrolling his neighbourhood because of break ins. A long history of break-ins, that were happening frequently.

We know that before Martin engaged Zimmerman he made a racist remark. Zimmerman called him a thug or punk, not a racial slur. Martin called him a "creepy ass cracker" and by Z's word he then struck him.

There is no reason when your neighbourhood is being repeatedly burglarized you can't go out and talk to suspicious people in the neighbourhood. Martin was a slef proclaimed "gangsta", he was selling drugs and guns, getting in fights. His attitude (not him being black) I'm sure made him look suspicious. You can't run around calling yourself and acting like a thug, and expect that type of behaviour and persona to immediately vanish because you bought a pack of skittles.

I don't understand why the argument has shifted now to "Trayvon protecting himself" when the whole reason Zimmerman was out there in the first place, was because of repeated break ins.

If you think Martin should have been the only one protecting himself from the "creepy ass cracker" following him, then what does that say about property owners?

You are saying someone who acted like a thug, deserves to protect himself from the evil guy who was trying to offer security to his neighbourhood.

So homeowners, whether owners or renters, they shouldn't be allowed to approach and look into people walking through their neighbourhood?

They should only sit in their houses, waiting for people to break in while they hide in their closet like what happened in one of the communities break ins?

www.thedailybeast.com...

Bertalan, 21, ran upstairs and locked herself and her son in a bedroom as the second man entered her home, which was in the Retreat at Twin Lakes, a gated, middle-income neighborhood of 260 townhouses in Sanford, Fla., outside Orlando. Terrified, she and her son cried as the man tried to turn the knob of the door where they hid. Both men ran when police arrived, but not before stealing a laptop and digital camera.

"It was terrible," said Bertalan, who moved from the neighborhood last month after about half a year, because of this and other burglaries. "I'm sure he could hear me in there because my son was crying, and I was crying. ... Who knows what would have happened if the police hadn't been there."

"There was definitely a sense of fear in the neighborhood after all of this started happening, and it just kept on happening. It wasn't just a one-time thing. It was every week," she said. "Our next-door neighbor actually said if someone came into his yard he would shoot him. If someone came into his house he would shoot him. Everyone felt afraid and scared."

And the burglaries were not entirely outside of the gated community. In the past, it had happened from within:

Officers eventually identified the person who burglarized Bertalan's home as a neighbor. He was arrested but released because, as Bertalan understood it, he was a minor. Both he and the other man were black, according to the police report.

It seems this place was open season for petty burglaries:

Three weeks before Martin’s death another Twin Lakes resident arrived home to discover a kitchen window open and a laptop and gold necklaces missing. Two witnesses said they saw a young black man standing nearby, but they did not see the man break into the home, according to a police report. One witness said he believed it was the same man who had stolen his bike. The next day officers responding to a call confronted three black men and one white man on bikes near the neighborhood. The same witnesses identified one of the men as the same man they saw near the burglarized home. The officers found the laptop in the man's backpack.

Last July a rental car was stolen from one townhome along with the car keys, which were inside on a dining room table. The resident awoke in the morning to discover her sliding glass door open. The car was eventually found abandoned. In August a PlayStation and videogames were stolen from another townhome. In September someone vandalized a townhome under construction. In December someone broke into a foreclosed townhome, stopped up a toilet and started the water running. According to a police report, the water flooded the bedroom and caused drywall in the garage to collapse.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

Birds of a feather kinda thing.
He's going to use whatever available to push the anti gun agenda.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by introV

lol that face you made at the end of your post is cute.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

This has been going on for years and it will continue to go on no matter who or what tries to stop it. Seeing as to how both parties were guilty in the first place. First off, Zimmerman shouldn't have been carrying his gun out in the open like he was. Carrying a gun around like that was just asking to be attacked. Second, did the media ever pay attention to some of the things that Trayvon had mentioned about dealing drugs and getting into fights on social media networks? No they didn't because they wanted to make it seem like Trayvon was the innocent "victim" in this situation. Neither one of them were the victim to begin with. Leave it to the people in the media to begin sensationalizing that Martin was the victim when they were both guilty.

Obama will never, nor will anybody else, break the silence against the black on white crime epidemic. It will never be spoken about because that is another card that the media plays with. The race card is a big deal in the media here like everywhere else. I mean look at the "Police Blotter" section of your local newspaper or at the local arrests for any given day and time. You never see anything about white people being arrested for robbery or assault that will get people's attention. Anytime that a crime where the roles are reversed, you never hear the full truth come out about it. Was the accused defending themselves? Did the accused perpetrate an action that caused a reaction out of the victim? Was the victim the one who actually perpetrated the crime against the accused? You'll never hear things like that being brought up in the media especially if it involves blacks against whites. This is all due to the racial card that is played during events like these.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I hear that people treat each other real nice in Texas, since you probably shouldn't talk smack to somebody as they may be having a worse day than you and shoot you in the face.

If EVERYONE was potentially packing a gun, and potentially able to defend themselves, those who predate upon the helpless would have a hard time finding themselves a potential victim now, wouldn't they?.

Respect and fear are very nearly the same thing.

What Obama was doing was simply flapping his gums as politicians have a habit of doing.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
reply to post by poet1b

This has been going on for years and it will continue to go on no matter who or what tries to stop it. Seeing as to how both parties were guilty in the first place. First off, Zimmerman shouldn't have been carrying his gun out in the open like he was. Carrying a gun around like that was just asking to be attacked. Second, did the media ever pay attention to some of the things that Trayvon had mentioned about dealing drugs and getting into fights on social media networks? No they didn't because they wanted to make it seem like Trayvon was the innocent "victim" in this situation. Neither one of them were the victim to begin with. Leave it to the people in the media to begin sensationalizing that Martin was the victim when they were both guilty.

Obama will never, nor will anybody else, break the silence against the black on white crime epidemic. It will never be spoken about because that is another card that the media plays with. The race card is a big deal in the media here like everywhere else. I mean look at the "Police Blotter" section of your local newspaper or at the local arrests for any given day and time. You never see anything about white people being arrested for robbery or assault that will get people's attention. Anytime that a crime where the roles are reversed, you never hear the full truth come out about it. Was the accused defending themselves? Did the accused perpetrate an action that caused a reaction out of the victim? Was the victim the one who actually perpetrated the crime against the accused? You'll never hear things like that being brought up in the media especially if it involves blacks against whites. This is all due to the racial card that is played during events like these.

I'm going to have to tiptoe around this due to T and C...

Having someone with access to certain substances come to a "nicer" neighborhood to deliver to adults with no connections is not uncommon...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

he was a lawful owner of a concealed weapons permit and legally able to possess a fire arm ,he was not asking for trouble just prepared for it.also they have to give him his gun back too btw

i fail to see how him having a gun with him(legal in the good old us of a) makes him guilty of anything but wanting to protect him self and his comunity

yeah the media spun this one and they are gonna pay the price for it in spades....and$$$$$$$

race should not have ever been a factor in this case whatsoever,the media thought zimmerman was white....he was hispanic that kind of tanked the "angry white guy putting down the black man" argument,hence why zimmerman is gonna sue and win for millions of dollars

following travon was not nor will it ever be illegal,he followed a suspicious person once not habitually(which is the definition of stalking) is not illegal nor should it be

what sealed martins fate was not the skittles or ice tea or the hoodie but that he decided to strike(assault) another individual for the mere act of following him. this directly let to him getting shot in the heart,had travon not struck Zimmerman he would not be dead

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I am a female so please do not call me Sir. You do not even have to call me Ma'am.

Hey you or qouting me is just fine.
edit on 14-7-2013 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I have plenty of means to protect myself, but just because they are on my street I dont flippin shoot them and I live in the middle of nowhere.

What are you saying here. If some 6 foot seventeen year old kid punched you in the face, and got on top of you and started pummeling you, you wouldn't defend yourself?

I think we should stay on message.

No body has the right to punch someone, because they think that person might be following them, even if that person is following them. Following is not stalking.

No I am saying I wouldn't follow them or get involved other than a report in the first place.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Yep so Travyon protected himself from someone following him who starting a conflict. Totally!

Running up and hitting someone is not "protecting yourself". It's an act of aggression. W

So following someone against law enforcement instruction is not asking for a confrontation?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

So following someone against law enforcement instruction is not asking for a confrontation?

Zimmerman claims that after calling Sanford police to say he was watching a man acting suspiciously in his townhouse complex, he did as instructed and stopped following Martin, who was staying there with family. Martin then attacked him, Zimmerman claims, saying Martin was beating him so badly he pulled his gun in fear for his own life.

Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

Zimmerman told the police officer that he lost track of Martin and got out of his truck to look for a street name he could relay to police dispatcher. When the dispatcher suggested Zimmerman didn’t need to follow Martin, Zimmerman headed back to his vehicle. At that point, Zimmerman said Martin jumped out of some bushes, punched him and he fell to the ground.

IF Martin showed any signs of injury, from being assaulted by Zimmerman,
the prosecution may have more basis to allege Zimmerman began a fight.
Post mortem lividity would have clearly shown contact marks on Martin,
had he been struck or grasped firmly, shortly before his death.
No such marks existed, apart from damaged knuckles on Martin's body.

patdollard.com...
edit on 14-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

Running up and hitting someone is not "protecting yourself". It's an act of aggression. W

Zimmerman claims that after calling Sanford police to say he was watching a man acting suspiciously in his townhouse complex, he did as instructed and stopped following Martin, who was staying there with family. Martin then attacked him, Zimmerman claims, saying Martin was beating him so badly he pulled his gun in fear for his own life.

Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

I was under the impression that the initial dispatch call that Zimmerman made was from his home. If I am incorrect, well I am wrong

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
Martin was a little thug.

The President wants to honour him?

The president? No the president's handlers want to use the martin event for something.

As an example, mandela is/was a terrorist, plenty of kills/kill assists/kills planned under his belt. Look what they did with him ;-) My point is that there is an agenda here with martin, just as there is/was with mandela, possibly on not such a grand scale. But you never know, small beginnings.... mandela was used to destroy South Africa, maybe martin will be used (in part) to destroy the US.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

So what are you saying?

If you do get knocked down and beaten, because you got too close, it is your fault?

And what about the baby who was shot in his baby carriage, in the link on the previous page? Asking for it to, I guess.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

So what are you saying?

If you do get knocked down and beaten, because you got too close, it is your fault?

I think that is called common sense so yeah. This thread isn't about that poor child. There are a lot of other variables to that story which need to be debated on a different thread. IMO

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Here is a transcript of the call to police

He doesn't sound like a wild vigilante, and Martin doesn't sound like a sweet innocent boy simply buying skittles. The neighbourhood had repeated break-ins, which the other article was saying was happening once a week. Or police were being called about once a week.

There were home invasions, (A woman and her kid hiding in a room with two robbers going through her house), there were keys being stolen from inside a house and a car rental taken, and there were missing items from people's garages. Once of these incidents was by a group of kids who lived in the neighbourhood.

Zimmerman:

We’ve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there’s a real suspicious guy. It’s Retreat View Circle. The best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle.

This guy looks like he’s up to no good or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around looking about. [00:25]

Zimmerman:

Yeah, a dark hoodie like a gray hoodie. He wore jeans or sweat pants and white tennis shoes. He’s here now … he’s just staring. [00:42]

911 dispatcher:

He’s just walking around the area, the houses? OK.

Zimmerman:

Now he’s staring at me. [00:48]

Zimmerman:

Yeah, now he’s coming toward me. He’s got his hands in his waist band.

And he’s a black male.[1:03]

911 dispatcher:

How old would you say he is?

Zimmerman:

He’s got something on his shirt. About like his late teens.

911 dispatcher:

Late teens?

Zimmerman:

Uh, huh.

Something’s wrong with him. Yep, he’s coming to check me out.

He’s got something in his hands. I don’t know what his deal is. [01:20]

911 dispatcher:

Let me know if he does anything, OK?

Zimmerman:

OK.

911 dispatcher:

Are you following him? [2:24]

Zimmerman:

Yeah. [2:25]

911 dispatcher:

OK.

We don’t need you to do that. [2:26]

Zimmerman:

OK. [2:28]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, George, we do have them on the way. Do you want to meet with the officer when they get out there?

Zimmerman:

Yeah.

911 dispatcher:

Alright, where are you going to meet with them at?

Zimmerman:

Um, if they come in through the gate, tell them to go straight past the clubhouse and, uh, straight past the clubhouse and make a left and then go past the mailboxes you’ll see my truck. [3:10]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, what address are you parked in front of? [3:21]

Zimmerman:

Um, I don’t know. It’s a cut-through so I don’t know the address. [3:25]

And probably the most important part of the transcript:

Zimmerman:

It’s a home. It’s 1950 – oh, crap, I don’t want to give it out – I don’t know where this kid is [inaudible] [3:40]

911 dispatcher:

OK, do you just want to meet with them at the mailboxes then? [3:42]

Zimmerman:

Yeah, that’s fine. [3:43]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, George, I’ll let them know you’ll meet them at …

Zimmerman:

Could you have them call me and I’ll tell them where I’m at? [3:49]

911 dispatcher:

OK, that’s no problem.

Zimmerman lost track of Martin. He didn't even want to say his address out loud in case Martin overheard it. He wasn't stalking him like prey. He initially followed him for a second, was told to stop, did stop, and was then making arrangements to meet up with police.

There was a series of recent breakins in the neighbourhood, some by actual people who lived there (or their kids rather) and Martin was wondering around in the rain.

Just because he went to buy skittles for a family member doesn't mean he couldn't have been scoping out or participating in a break in. His behaviour was off according to Zimmerman and on the phone he made racist remarks about him.

If he was doing something like scoping houses, or breaking in to them he probably would have used his family as an alibi. He was involved in other illegal activities so who is to say he wasn't that night either?

I know plenty of kids that are stopped and asked questions by adults in different neighbourhoods, they don't go running away and spring up out of bushes. He could have just as easily directly approached Zimmerman and said "Hi sir, how are you doing tonight? I noticed you looking at me is there anything I can help you with?"

But he didn't, he was acting weird, took off into a place where Zimmerman lost track of him, and sprang up in front of him and initiated the events that happened.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
So he want's to "honor" the thug who was just PROVEN to be the criminal aggressor? Am I missing something here?

Trial by jury is one of the mainstays of civilization. He is subtly implying that this is wrong. It's all a massive mindf^%

Soon you will think trial and execution by Judge Dredd is good.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join