It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh God, It's happening. Obama Already Talkin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by introV

I think it's interesting you only posted part of his statement and specifically left out the sentence:

"We are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken"

Agenda, much?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
i suggested several times in other threads, that when obama when said " my son would look like trayvon" that this was gonna come down to him making another gun grab play.

hell even biden hinted at another shot was coming/
edit on 14-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by introV

I think it's interesting you only posted part of his statement and specifically left out the sentence:

"We are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken"

Agenda, much?

Well, to me this is more about the gun issue rather than politicizing this case.

But sure, if it's within my agenda to keep my 2nd amendment right, then Yeah.. you can call it that.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Trayvon's text messages show that he was involved in illegal gun trade. I can only surmise the President in his grand wisdom is talking about stemming the thuggish behaviour of youths to reduce gun violence.

If Trayvon was not out selling weed and guns to his friends, perhaps his demeanour that night would have had him have a quick chat with Zimmerman, and all things would be kosher.

But alas, he was a fighter, in a fight just recently and bragging about it to his friends. Buying/selling guns illegally along with drugs.

That kind of behaviour tends to put a chip on the shoulder. And I can only guess with his racial remarks before he met up with Zimmerman, his actions that followed were the reason the jury found Zman innocent.

So is the big P talking about Martin's behaviour? Because if he is, I totally agree. Something needs to be done about that.

It starts with taking an active role in your kids lives. And it continues by deploring that kind of behaviour.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
So, I would like to pick out the following quotes from Mr Obama:

But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken.

We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence

That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin.

Source - White House Website

Now, as a Briton I am not completely inundated with knowledge of the US legal system, however, it seems to me that within a paragraph of text the president has gone from from acknowledging the law and the jury's decision, only to then say that that decision which ruled self defence and innocence, is gun violence, and, that Trayvon Martin who attacked George Zimmerman and forced him to act in self defense, should be honoured... Have I missed something here?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

We are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken"

Yep we are a nation of laws where apparently that law agianst entering this country is illegal, and people shooting other people is illegal.

And we are a nation of laws that says it's illegal to spy on us, Government still does it anyway that same government says guns in my hands is bad, but then goes sells/gives them to criminials, and drug cartels,and middle eastern thugs.

I find the fact of the COMPLETE lack of CONSISTENCY seriously disturbing more so as people support more tyrannical despotism in the name of the events of the past two days.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Obama should peek his head in Holders office & see if he is still running Assault Weapons down to Mexico.

What a load of crap!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by introV

We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. ."

Obama's talkin about how we can curb gun violence. Cuz people shouldn't have the right to defend themselves in this country.

edit on 14-7-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

RIGHT AND HOW CAN WE AVOID TRAGEDIES LIKE THIS :
WHY IS THIS NOT IN THE NEWS ? Look how the crime was committed and by whom ?

""A boy approached me and told me he wanted my money, and I told him I didn't have any money. And he said, 'Give me your money or I'm going to kill you and I'm going to shoot your baby and kill your baby,' and I said, 'I don't have any money,' and 'Don't kill my baby.'" The boy tried to grab her purse and opened fire when she said tried to tell him she had no money, West said, with the shot grazing her head. She said the boy then shot her in the leg. West continued, "And then, all of a sudden, he walked over and he shot my baby in the face."West said she tried to perform CPR on her son and that the police took over when they arrived, but to no avail. "We lost him," she said.

Hate in the Heart ? Hate in the mouth ? why is this not in the news? like the Zimmerman Case? I hope people will wake up and see that it is all about politics. People die every day, hate crimes happen every day Look at the statistics. Are we all blind to the facts?
Jury DECIDED ...END OF STORY

Link 13 year old baby killed by 2 black teenagers

OBAMA SHOULD STAY OUT OF THIS AND REALIZE THIS IS NOT HIS BUSINESS , HE MAKES IT AN ISSUE.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm not shocked in the least. But out of curiosity how many teens have died since then in a violent death? And how many of those parents are sitting at home wondering what made TM so much more important then their kids death?

The media and the administration pick and choose what we hear, to manipulate our emotions to serve their agenda.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

That is only because he is such an easy target.

You say stupid things and act stupidly then people are going to say some thing. In relation to the Zimmerman trail Obama has said and acted stupidly. (If I had a son he would look like Trevon Martian.)

Then when the chief of police refused to arrest Zimmerman because they had no case the D.O.J. stepped in and had him fired. Turns out he was right the whole time.

If we had a president who gave a crap about this country he sure wouldn't waste his time on trivial bullcrap like Martian. He would focus more on the injustices like the N.S.A. scandal or Benghazi . He is not a voice for the people he is a voice for an agenda. I just think his agenda sucks!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by introV
www.whitehouse.gov...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.breitbart.com...

We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin."

Obama's talkin about how we can curb gun violence. Cuz people shouldn't have the right to defend themselves in this country.

edit on 14-7-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

lol.. I can't say too much, though I'm not American ( Canadian ) i must admit the puppet that is Obama needs a new puppeteer.

Its strange how YES WE CAN, ended up being just another scapegoat

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
reply to post by spirit_horse

Well, last I checked we have an all volunteer force. Outside of a draft, which has not happened in over 40 years, no one is forcing those 18 yos to enlist.
edit on 14-7-2013 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

Nope, of course not. But the fact that the young and old in this country hang on to every word their political authorities tell them, that the word they say is the truth and they say and do the things they do for your protection, amd they need brave men and women to beat the terrorists before they kill all of us, you can probably see why these kids will enlist.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cr33p

Star for you.

I think it is ironic that most of the world gets it.

But the Obama lovers can't seem to figure it out.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

As president, Obama has a job to work both sides of the political divide. Even if Bush were president today, it's plausible that in order to placate African Americans and Democrats he too would work in Trayvon Martin into a press release. It really doesn't say anything about his intentions.

When he leaves office in 2016 and the 2nd amendment is safe and sound, would that be because you guys were "stalwart" in your opposition to gun reform? Or perhaps the side you vilified as intent on destroying the 2nd amendment were never really all that motivated to get rid of it in the first place?

Hard to say. In any case, people should really learn to train themselves to resist the urge to ascribe conspiratorial intentions to other people.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I was late to the party and my thread got closed so I shall continue my tirade here momentarily.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by cry93

Had he said nothing at all would have garnered more attention. Some people can never miss an opportunity to take swipes at Obama.

As Obama never misses an opportunity to take swipes at the Constitution, Rights, Freedoms.

Only difference is that he had it planned ahead of time.

Peace

edit on 14-7-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Exactly, I agree with you once again my friend. Someone posted on my Facebook the other day "Lil wayne stomps on the American flag and doesn't suffer any consquences, bs!" and my reply was "Well the Government stomps on the constitution every day and they don't suffer from that either". True story. Believe it or not.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
A 17 year old lost his life.

A private call would seem to be the classy thing to do.

There is no reason to take joy from this tragic situation.

Or further an agenda

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
Marcus Tallius Cicero the Roman General said:

There exists a law, not written down anywhere, but inborn in our hearts; a law which comes to us not by training or custom or reading; a law which has come to us not by theory but from practice, not by instruction but by natural intuition. I refer to the law which lays it down that if our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right.

A wise man and this law extends to everyone no matter what colour, creed, race, sex etc

Yep so Travyon protected himself from someone following him who starting a conflict. Totally!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Even as a brit i could probably solve 60-70% of the gun crime easily just give people the guns to shoot the bad guys...when bad guys don't feel safe they won't go and try and rob people and thus crime will go down, of course there will always be nutters but they'll have to be steamingly mad to try it when nearly everyone around them can put them down

From everything i've read bad gun ownerships already legislated enough to provide the relevant deterrent so just let justice prevail and job done

This is why we need a female as a president.

Oh you guys are fighting? So sad too bad, fight it out yourselves.
Solves a lot of problems and saves Mom from a lot of headaches.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
In the meantime, Obama our Commander in Chief send thousands of boys only a year older to their deaths in wars all over the place. Where is the outcry and riots over that?

edit on 14/7/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

They chose to join, just like Martin chose to walk down that street.
(thick with sarcasm)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join