It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh God, It's happening. Obama Already Talkin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
www.whitehouse.gov...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.breitbart.com...

We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin."

Obama's talkin about how we can curb gun violence. Cuz people shouldn't have the right to defend themselves in this country.

edit on 14-7-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
1. He is the president.
2. This was a high profile case with national implications.

Had he said nothing at all would have garnered more attention. Some people can never miss an opportunity to take swipes at Obama.

+38 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The man would need a staffer to explain the word shame and the concept behind it.

Then he'd need a power point briefing with bright shiny slides to fully grasp it as a workable idea.
edit on 14-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by introV

Never let a good crisis go to waste eh?

What an opportunistic git he is.

+38 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Martin was a little thug.

The President wants to honour him?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by introV

I'd like to ask him if he's doing all he can to stem the tide of gun violence. Declining way of life, desperation, stress--all these things increase the potential for violence of any kind. Gun control laws would simply put a band aid on what would be the social equivalent of cancer. Maybe he and Congress should do their jobs a bit more before telling us what our job is. Middle class was tanked due to the 2007/8 Financial Crisis and if the middle class had to tighten their belts, what did that mean for the lower economic classes who already were running extremely tight?

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93

Had he said nothing at all would have garnered more attention. Some people can never miss an opportunity to take swipes at Obama.

As Obama never misses an opportunity to take swipes at the Constitution, Rights, Freedoms.

Only difference is that he had it planned ahead of time.

Peace

edit on 14-7-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
A 17 year old lost his life.

A private call would seem to be the classy thing to do.

There is no reason to take joy from this tragic situation.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Marcus Tallius Cicero the Roman General said:

There exists a law, not written down anywhere, but inborn in our hearts; a law which comes to us not by training or custom or reading; a law which has come to us not by theory but from practice, not by instruction but by natural intuition. I refer to the law which lays it down that if our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right.

A wise man and this law extends to everyone no matter what colour, creed, race, sex etc

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

1. He is the president.

what national implications?

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Even as a brit i could probably solve 60-70% of the gun crime easily just give people the guns to shoot the bad guys...when bad guys don't feel safe they won't go and try and rob people and thus crime will go down, of course there will always be nutters but they'll have to be steamingly mad to try it when nearly everyone around them can put them down

From everything i've read bad gun ownerships already legislated enough to provide the relevant deterrent so just let justice prevail and job done

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

So true. There is a reason why batman and other super heroes wear a mask and it's not just to protect themselves from the street criminals...........Life is being made very easy for street criminals for the fact that people are punished for protecting themselves. One can only wonder the reason for this.

+36 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
In the meantime, Obama our Commander in Chief send thousands of boys only a year older to their deaths in wars all over the place. Where is the outcry and riots over that?

edit on 14/7/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
When does he get to the part of putting out the message to young people, that it isn't alright to attack someone who is watching you, jump on top of them and pummel them, because you think they are a creepy old cracker.

When will Obama break the silence on the black on white crime epidemic?

When will the discussion on prejudice against white be addressed, and the word get put out that this is not ok, or justified?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

1. He is the president.

Welcome to the echo chamber, I think you should be used to it by now

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
For those (who for whatever reason) don't click on any of the links...here is the full quote
of what President Obama has to say...

"The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin."

I agree with the President...some serious changes need to be worked on and made; if people get violent that does not honor Trayvon Martin...violence will actually promote the defense of Mr. Zimmerman.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
How about we try to stem the world's most significant tide of gun violence, for all the children in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, and Gaza.

Get a clue Obama. It's painfully obvious that you and your administration could care less about "the children."

But remember, "no crisis should go do waste!"

Isn't that right Obama?

So let's use Trayvon Martin an attacker, as a poster child in America. Your administration seems to think this may help advance their gun confiscation agenda, which intends to disarm the American people.

F.T.G.

edit on 14-7-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Obviously more interested in a political agenda that he wants. But then I would expect nothing less.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Obama statement clip: "We are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken"

I was satisfied with his full statement regarding.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Well, last I checked we have an all volunteer force. Outside of a draft, which has not happened in over 40 years, no one is forcing those 18 yos to enlist.
edit on 14-7-2013 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join