It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

If he has any sense he will move out the country.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords

Originally posted by mrsExmiz
My first comment

Let us pay tribute for Trayvon martin. Let's respect the court decisions. Let's leave Zimmerman alone.

Lets move on.

Good day America

Good Luck with THAT! The NAACP is already pressing the DOJ to bring civil rights charges against GZ, and knowing the way Eric Holder and Barack Obama interjected themselves into this case at the very beginning, I predict George Zimmerman will be made to suffer through a whole lot of misery before he can peacefully get on with this life.

I think the DOJ will act with the end goal of scratching out that Florida based law.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Why?

Because he was found not guilty and people don't like it?
That's our justice system. Sometimes people will be disappointed.

I find these comments extremely asinine.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

I've never implied that he is innocent. I've only said that the jury found him not guilty based upon the charges pressed.

You can't try some one on guess work and feelings. It doesn't work like that. Even trying some one on speculative evidence more often than not results in a mistrial.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Travon Martin is dead becasue of Zimmerman. How would you feel if that were your relative.

You think that black people have never been lynched in this country. Murdered over and over where the guilty goes free.

It’s easy for you to spout those political platitudes in the face of injustice done to others.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell

Travon Martin is dead becasue of Zimmerman. How would you feel if that were your relative.

You think that black people have never been lynched in this country. Murdered over and over where the guilty goes free.

It’s easy for you to spout those political platitudes in the face of injustice done to others.

Race was ruled out as a factor early on. By the DOJ's FBI no less.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
US justice is a strange and weird system. Had this occurred in the UK would the same outcome have resulted? It is more likely that the force used by Zimmerman would have been considered unjustifiable in all of the circumstances and he would therefore have been charged, tried and sentenced for manslaughter.

This decision sets a truly dangerous legal precedent.

No it would have resulted in a mis trial as soon as the media spread fake evidence around. When Camroon interferd and made a comment in bias to the alleged victim. When the Prosecutor asked the jury to rely on emotion and not facts.

No Zimmerman would have walked due to the HUGE cock up of those messing into affiars they shouldnt have.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

So you agree he was acquitted because of lack of evidence?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation
reply to post by seabag

Actually you are lying, the Jury did not establish who started the fight! reference your speculations please.

This is all the evidence you need….

NOT GUILTY!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Why?

Because he was found not guilty and people don't like it?
That's our justice system. Sometimes people will be disappointed.

I find these comments extremely asinine.

No because if he dosnt he is likley te end up dead or charged by the meddling fedral goverment.

I agree with the not guilty veridct. I just think he should get out before the mob gets to him

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

We will go through this as long as there is injustice. It’s the law of cause and effect.
You can’t sweep that under the rug.

Nothing is Perfect.

But we don't have to take those with Agendas, namely the Media, or any Administration that uses situations like this, to Polarize America.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

And TODAY hispanics are getting lynched see GZ Trial.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

No it would have resulted in a mis trial as soon as the media spread fake evidence around. When Camroon interferd and made a comment in bias to the alleged victim. When the Prosecutor asked the jury to rely on emotion and not facts.

Spot on! i agree with you!

I knew he was gonna be acquitted from the beginning. The florida self defense law made sure of that.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Do you think that I don't know that? If it were my relative, I would insist on full investigation just like TM's parents did. I would want a trial with evidence and witnesses presented to a jury approved by both defense and prosecution. Then I would let the justice system work. Just because there have been cases where the guilty went free ---- O.J. Simpson, anyone? --- does not mean justice was not done in this case. Also, what "political platitudes" are you referring to?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Why you still trying to flame me. dude Zimmerman was acquitted because of lack of evidence. That's it!

link   

I would call my family member "dumb***" and then say they should have known better than to act like a bullet proof thug. Retreat, take cover, make a defnsive position, arm if necessary, call for help, failure to do these steps is not only ignorant, but shows a desire for confrontation.

link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

I concur.

I do believe this case has been about gun control, that is why Obama and Holder jumped on it. Look at all the posts here and elsewhere that are calling for an end to Stand Your Ground.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

We also have different laws on the reporting of such incidents in the UK to afford the defendants a fair trial. Maybe US press regulations need to be amended also?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I really don't know what to say other than I am saddened by what you are going through.

I've kinda been there myself, but they'll get over it if they truly love you.

Good luck and God bless us all....hell
We need it.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

So you think the T&C "banned topic" i.e. we can't use words like "coc aine" means we cant even talk about drug laws, even though drugs laws are a basic social and political issue?

I don't 'think'. I know. I know that by having at least one thread of my own shut down, outright, albeit with apologies at the time since I was writing about a homicide case where the substance was actually not involved but had played a major role in the public story up to that point. How's that for social/political issues of drugs and being shut down cold? It's an absolute policy as they've repeated ..and I know I've seen others mention to you in recent days on similar posts?

Yes, I thought it would have been straight forward that I was commenting on your comment about blacks being whiners.. I've already written 20 or so posts about on subject at hand.

Whiners? I said no such thing. I expressed how I feel some of the major black leaders are in it for their own self interest at the expense of their followers and Bill Cosby was among those ..black of course..to have observed it in a major public way. A bit different than you seem to have read it?

With regard to the relationship between this and what I wrote, I have a few questions. Why should we believe Zimmermans claim that he only saw a kid in a hoodie? It seems to me that that would be the logical claim any good lawyer would get his client to make.

Have you watched this case much at all? Zimmerman was on, live, with a dispatcher during the following of Martin. At least for a critical part of it. So we don't have contrived lawyer tales after the fact but his own feelings and observations in real time to events, that night. It does help that all calls are recorded.

Do you think racial profiling occurs? While our society has definitely grown more "liberal", people still profile.

Of course profiling occurs. It's a natural human reaction and instinct to come right down to the brass tacks of things. I know it's become the ultimate cardinal sin of the politically correct, but every single person here profiles every single day. In fact, they say physical brain studies indicate a good matter of effort goes to profiling every face we see, by hard wired approach, for hostile intent or threat before even going to recognition memory on who it is.

I'm sure he did profile him as a Teen in a neighborhood with a serious crime problem, perhaps looking a little odd or whatever. By the recording of the 911 call, we know he suspected he may have been black but had to take a noticeable moment to answer that when asked by the dispatcher.

Following is no crime. Even being a bit of a jerk about it, is no crime. Felony assault is a crime though and that's what Martin did. Not Zimmerman, as evidence supports. Degree of provocation in following is all it came down to ...and the trial by jury settled that in Zimmerman's favor.

So to return to the question at hand. Is it plausible that George Zimmerman profiled Treyvon Martin because he was black? That he payed especial attention to him because he was black? If yes, than thats a problem.

Refer again to the trial evidence and specifically the 911 call Zimmerman was on. NOT the one the Media doctored in what came to be a scandal, as it happens (Yeah.. THAT recording). Dispatch asked what Zimmerman then answered for race and he didn't sound 100% certain. Certainly didn't have the answer on the tip of his tongue like it had been foremost in his mind ...or the deciding factor to follow.

When George Zimmerman committed himself to following and disturbing Treyvon Martin, was he fully cognizant of the fact that he was entering a context where using his weapon against this kid was a highly probable occurrence?

That is the question I've had and honestly, the only one I've ever really had for Zimmerman's liability. WAS he actually pursuing when the physical assault began and he was nearly knocked unconscious? The trial evidence satisfied me ..and the jury it seems..that he was not provoking the assault which happened and then necessitated the shooting this ended with.

Trayvon had a choice. Especially once on top and in control. He could commit felony assault or not commit felony assault. (attempted murder if one believes what he allegedly said during the fight) It really was that simple. He chose poorly and the victim happened to be armed. So...he died for that poor choice. Sometimes, life really is that simple ....fair or not.

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join