It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

what are you talking about? have you been following the thread? Did you read what i have been writing. I didn't write anything about race but i did say there was no evidence

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Who was Rodney King? Who were the Menendez Brothers? Who was Casey Anthony? What made McMartin Preschool special and memorable as a name?

Those who didn't live through the media feeding frenzies of the time wouldn't be all that surprising to hear ask who those names represent and why they matter or mattered at the time.

Each, in one way or another, represent a major milestone in legal cases/legal matters for how the public follows and comes to view the whole process. Not only for the over-coverage but because each of the above also had something odd, different or meaningful to set it apart just a bit too.

This case ought to be memorable for folks who regularly check as much as a headline listing (which is why not hearing of him would be very surprising) but it's also had some interesting twists from the appearance of influence, as some saw it, by Presidential statements from the start to the extreme community reaction lead by major popular community leaders.

Among those who follow and care about legal cases, true crime history or major news events in general? I'd be really surprised if this name and trial doesn't stand out for years to come for the above reasons and more.

link   

Originally posted by olaru12

But he can never run away from "himself" and the guilt and questions he must be asking himself. "Was it worth it???"

I doubt if he will doing much celebrating....

One thing I've learned over the years is to never think that what you are feeling is what the other person is feeling as well.

I've pulled the trigger plenty of times, but I sleep like a baby...Ok, that's a lie, I do toss and turn like everybody else. But for the most part, I waken rested, ready to start a new day.

link   

Originally posted by christina-66

This decision sets a truly dangerous legal precedent.

True that. As Adam Weinstein wrote, it now looks as though “in any altercation, however minor, the easiest way to avoid criminal liability is to kill the counterparty.”

link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
and I keep on seeing the supporters of Trayvon using little or not evidence, only pure emotion.
and keep up with THATS RACIST rhetoric.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad ... the willfully ignorant have bought into the race-baiting hook line and sinker. In an effort to clean up my debates on the matter, I will no longer refer to the assailant as a thug or a hoodrat. Instead I'll simply refer to him as dumbass. To qualify that reference, attempting to ground and pound a stranger in a ccw shall issue state ... dumbass.

Isn't it great to live in a country where a man can get a fair trial regardless of the color of his skin!
edit on 14-7-2013 by usmconslaught because: shpelling is hrad

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I actually feel for him and Mr. Martin. I say Mr. Martin as not to play into the way the media tried to portray those involved.

Trayvon is dead, and George has to live with that fact the rest of his life. If its up to the Media, this President and those with Agendas, they will sully all their names by playing race into the picture.MHO

Somewhere, Charlie Manson is laughing hysterically.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
here is a link i posted in the trial thread, thought i would post it here. might shed a little light on to what is going on in some people minds. seeing if they would do the simplest of research.

George Zimmerman George Zimmerman Zimmerman, George - Seminole County Mug.jpg George Zimmerman mugshot Born George Michael Zimmerman October 5, 1983 (age 29) Manassas, Virginia Ethnicity Hispanic Height 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m) Weight 185 pounds (84 kg)[Note 3] Criminal charge Second-degree murder Criminal status Not guilty George Michael Zimmerman was born on October 5, 1983, in Manassas, Virginia,[53] and is the son of Gladys (née Mesa) Zimmerman, who was born in Peru,[2] and Robert Zimmerman, Sr., a retired Virginia magistrate.[54][55] He was raised as a Catholic,[2] in a family that his father has described as "multiracial;" his father is a white American of German descent[56] and his mother is Peruvian with some black ancestry through her Afro-Peruvian maternal grandfather.[2][Note 1] Zimmerman's voter registration record lists him as Hispanic and a registered Democrat.[57][58]

Shooting of Trayvon Martin

two things in this i would like to point out.

a family that his father has described as "multiracial;" his father is a white American of German descent[56] and his mother is Peruvian with some black ancestry through her Afro-Peruvian maternal grandfather.[

so, for all those that say he is a white man or a racist white man, he has several different races and in is family, white, hispanic and yes african. for those that don't know, Afro-Peruvian means that there is at least one if not more black people on his mother side. hell all he needs is some one who is asian in his family to be one of the most ethnic diversified people in Amercia. sounds like the true spirit of the United States of America to me.

and then there's this,

Zimmerman's voter registration record lists him as Hispanic and a registered Democrat

i would say that this doesn't sound like a typical racist stereo type to me. in fact i would say again that this shows, the true spirit of the United States of America to me

edit on 14-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

and then there's this,

Zimmerman's voter registration record lists him as Hispanic and a registered Democrat

i would say that this doesn't sound like a typical racist stereo type to me. in fact i would say again that this shows, the true spirit of the United States of America to me

Exactly.

I cant believe that race is even an issue, but it is. If there is anything sad about this its those that continue to UN-qualify him as a MINORITY.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I actually feel for him and Mr. Martin. I say Mr. Martin as not to play into the way the media tried to portray those involved.

Trayvon is dead, and George has to live with that fact the rest of his life. If its up to the Media, this President and those with Agendas, they will sully all their names by playing race into the picture.MHO

Somewhere, Charlie Manson is laughing hysterically.

OMG. I kept thinking about Manson the whole time this was going down! I thought I was the only one. He predicted an inevitable race war. As I realize how willfully ignorant the emotional are I see Manson really may have a spark of genius inside his insanity

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I would like to see the American people start to hold the media personalities and their managers liable.

Maybe they need to be followed everywhere, names smeared and themselves and families threatened?

You think they might get it and start reporting accurately? I doubt it very much.

But that is exactly what they have done here. Maybe it's time for a dose of their own medicine.

ETA: I am not in no way advocating to kill or hurt anybody in the media, but rather to just make their lives miserable, just like they do to others. All for the ratings.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by crazyewok

Well thats just super, but doesnt answer any of the points I made Crazyewok...

The issue I have with all this is that a right to bare arms, if one has such a thing available to them, does not absolve one of responsibility for thier actions in using them, and Zimmerman shot an unarmed man after instigating contact with him by following him about, for which he is not taking responsibility in any way what so ever.

I guess Zimmerman could have just laid there and suffered through a beating or suffocation (TM tried to cover CZ's mouth and nose) till he was beat to a pulp or unconscious.....or worse, dead. People get beat to death everyday.

I understand your issue about our right to bear arms, but in this country, We The People have the right and it is protected constitutionally by our Second Amendment. We will protect that right with our life. It is important beyond anything you might realize. As far as I know, Zimmerman was a responsible gun owner and followed all the rules and regulations pertaining to the carry laws in Florida.

It is not illegal for a neighborhood watchman to watch a person nor to follow that person if he so chooses to. Again, Zimmerman did what he was supposed to do when he noticed a suspicious individual walking between houses and acting strange. We know that CZ said in his 911 call that he seemed like he was on drugs or something, and now, through evidence presented in court, we know drugs were in TM's system. The illegality started when TM cold-cocked the older man. That's assault. That's what escalated the situation.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraff

OMG. I kept thinking about Manson the whole time this was going down! I thought I was the only one. He predicted an inevitable race war. As I realize how willfully ignorant the emotional are I see Manson really may have a spark of genius inside his insanity

The sad Part?

Those willing to play along, hey?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Just turn off the News, if you can.....

I get mine from ATS, anyways..........

Its easier that way.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Personally I see good news in this verdict. It has nothing to do with Zimmerman or Martin. I trust that the jury looked at the evidence and came to the best conclusion in this trial.

The good news I see is about the fact that the MSM tried their best to get Zimmerman convicted, and failed. I see this as evidence the MSM is losing influence. We as Americans are waking up to their lies. Racism played very little role in it, and in fact racism has been dying out in America for a long time. Yes there's still racism, but it's a lot less now then when I was a kid in the 50s. Back then white people were considered the main racists. Now black people have taken over that role according to polls, but there's a lot less of them.

TPTB which control the MSM, don't want an America where everyone gets along, because they lose a lot of power and control over us if we all like each other.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

The whole comment was out of place in my opinion.

Why must we be so divided?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So apparently in America you can play pretend police and kill a kid walking home from a store and then be found not guilty. Wonderful.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Just turn off the News, if you can.....

I get mine from ATS, anyways..........

Its easier that way.

I do too for the most part...but then there are those linky things and i love to read, rather than watch.

So, I must admit, it is not easier for me. But at least while reading, I can make up my own mind on the subject rather than have some peguin on TV regurgitated it for me to eat.

edit on 14-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: Fat Paws....No Thumbs

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
So apparently in America you can play pretend police and kill a kid walking home from a store and then be found not guilty. Wonderful.

Yep and still get shot from a cop pretending to be a cop and be found not guilty.

edit on 14-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The state needed to only prove one thing to send George Zimmerman to jail for life. And that one thing was that George Zimmerman did not act in self defense.

The state failed.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

This pisses me off. Zimmerman, a man who shot and killed a teenager is innocent of murder until proven guilty while Trayvon, a teenager who was shot and killed is guilty of assault until proven innocent. The evidence proves without a shadow of a doubt that Zimmerman killed Trayvon while there is hardly any forensic evidence that proves Zimmerman was assaulted.

This man should be in jail. Self defense is for people being robbed or whose' houses were broken and entered into. Not for people who stalk teenagers and instigate conflicts. Not for people who instigate fights and then can't bear the shame of losing and getting beaten. Being weak and unable to defend yourself or refusal to defend yourself from someone whom you yourself instigated a confrontation with is not an excuse to murder. Zimmerman led Trayvon on. He repeatedly stalked Trayvon. It is a perfectly natural and human response to confront your stalkers. The fact that Zimmermans' testimony was so utterly incomplete should have tipped people off that he may have been more responsible for the scuffle than he led everyone to believe.

The fact that Zimmerman didn't defend himself appropriately and was so quick to shoot should have sent a strong signal to everyone who was involved with the case that Zimmerman indeed had ill will. Especially after the way he talked about Trayvon during his conversation with the police. All in all I am appalled by this event, case and trial.
edit on 14-7-2013 by On7a7higher7plane because: I hate Zimmerman

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join