It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
My first comment

Let us pay tribute for Trayvon martin. Let's respect the court decisions. Let's leave Zimmerman alone.

Lets move on.

Good day America

link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

Please by all means QUOTE any 'questions' dodge by.

NewsFlash Zimmeran found not guilty.

And for the record?

Posters are not on trial here.

link   

You just like Neo...dodging bullets ( well questions here)

I don't know anything about what started the fight. No one knows dude just like i said. There is my reference.
The jury decided who started it based on the evidence they were provided.

Only Zimmerman knows and I would have liked for him to go on the stand under oath and say what really happened.

The defense didn't want the prosecution to question him on the stand.
That's a fact.
It was his right and probably the advice of his attorney not to testify. Why would he subject himself to that nonsense? The burden of proof is on the prosecution. Innocent until PROVEN guilty.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
disgusting

the jury brought that defence way too easily

and whats with the extra-terrestial lawyer that GZ had....

all in all ....creepy and dodgy

ok if it wasnt murder....i cant believe he didnt even get manslaughter....just straight up not guilty.

BTW - nice to see the racists on this thread have zero compassion for the victim...as they know nothing of what really happened..only what their racist brains can concieve

nasty

edit on 14-7-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Of course not!

I am not talking about “violence” per se, such as exists in wars and other organized conflicts. That has nothing to do with America.

I am talking about the crime that exists in black and brown communities in America that sociologist and psychologist concede are done because of issues that transcend good and evil and are related to historical oppression.
Remember blacks were brought here as slaves and Native Americans were genocided.
Don’t you think the decedents of those people may have problems that the other main white culture do not have as much.

Crime in poor white communities is also higher than usual, but it isn’t because of their forefathers being oppressed because of race, though the sociological issues are acute their as well—poverty and social neglect, bad parenting for, instance, exacerbated by poverty.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sorry wasn't referring to you. Was referring to Neo in "The Matrix"

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsExmiz
My first comment

Let us pay tribute for Trayvon martin. Let's respect the court decisions. Let's leave Zimmerman alone.

Lets move on.

Good day America

A very Nice first comment indeed.

We need to heal wounds, instead of opening them up every time those with Agendas prod us to do so. America is so diverse, we shouldn't be going through this everyday.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

If the court was ok with Zimmermans depositions to the police, of which were many and didn't change. Then I'm ok with them too.

Believe it or not, I am not involved with this emotionally other than my hatred for the MSM that has spun this thing all out of proportion, when there are more importatnt things going on. (Yep, I visit those threads too.
)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsExmiz

Zimmerman will not be left alone. And that is just IMO.
Remember Trayvon Martin wasn’t doing anything wrong!

Zimmerman is being sued for millions. And likely will face a civil rights charge for denying Trayvon his civil rights.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Actually you are lying, the Jury did not establish who started the fight! reference your speculations please.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation
reply to post by seabag

Actually you are lying, the Jury did not establish who started the fight! reference your speculations please.

They didn't have to. The FACT that the Prosecution could not establish this is why the state lost its case.
edit on 14-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Willtell
reply to post by seabag

Of course not!

I am not talking about “violence” per se, such as exists in wars and other organized conflicts. That has nothing to do with America.

I am talking about the crime that exists in black and brown communities in America that sociologist and psychologist concede are done because of issues that transcend good and evil and are related to historical oppression.
Remember blacks were brought here as slaves and Native Americans were genocided.
Don’t you think the decedents of those people may have problems that the other main white culture do not have as much.

Crime in poor white communities is also higher than usual, but it isn’t because of their forefathers being oppressed because of race, though the sociological issues are acute their as well—poverty and social neglect, bad parenting for, instance, exacerbated by poverty.

IMO comments like that only serve to further the racial divide in this country and excuse the horrible behavior of many people.

Nobody alive today was a victim of slavery. It's time for everyone to take responsibility for their own actions.

link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by seabag

I understand your nations rules about weapon ownership just fine, and I agree with the basic principle. Its a source of some aggravation to me that I cannot carry a sword if I should so choose because my nation does not support the right to bare arms. This is not a good thing in my book.

You can carry a Longbow or Crossbow though as long as the blades on shaft are not longer than 3 inchs

Trust me I know

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsExmiz
My first comment

Lets move on.

Good day America

Good Luck with THAT! The NAACP is already pressing the DOJ to bring civil rights charges against GZ, and knowing the way Eric Holder and Barack Obama interjected themselves into this case at the very beginning, I predict George Zimmerman will be made to suffer through a whole lot of misery before he can peacefully get on with this life.

link   
reply to post by sonnny1

We will go through this as long as there is injustice. It’s the law of cause and effect.
You can’t sweep that under the rug.

link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

The truth is that Zimmerman was acquitted because of lack of evidence. Just don't claim he is innocent because of evidence.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Nobody alive today was a victim of slavery. It's time for everyone to take responsibility for their own actions.

Here here

Cant move on if your still living in the past.

link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
Just saw on court TV. Breaking news.

I hope people behave themselves tonight.

MOD NOTE

This is a touchy subject. Please post responsibly.

Thread will be heavily monitored. Please Read:
So there is no misunderstanding....
edit on 13-7-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

I just wanted to say that, even though I thought he would be found guilty, I fully understand that the jury has to decide with "reasonable doubt" in mind. If I were on that jury, I would probably say "innocent" too, based on those grounds alone.

We may never know what really happened and that's why we have "reasonable doubt".

What society (with the help of the media) has a knack at doing is turning one man's possible actions into solid fact and then debating the fiction. This is not a bad thing but I think it's where we get the lines all fuzzy. As long as we can use the Zimmerman trial as a case study without letting the verdict decide on the morality of the situation, we can all rejoice in not condemning a man to death for what he only probably did.

For that, I'm happy.

link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Originally posted by LiveEquation
So its ok to use a gun as self defense in a fist fight that you instigated?

This is crazy

The trial established Martin as the initiator of the physical altercation.

It did not. It established that there was enough doubt about that to acquit Zimmerman under Florida law. In actual fact Zimmerman could still have been found not guilty had he instigated the fight. Which he may have done.

link   
US justice is a strange and weird system. Had this occurred in the UK would the same outcome have resulted? It is more likely that the force used by Zimmerman would have been considered unjustifiable in all of the circumstances and he would therefore have been charged, tried and sentenced for manslaughter.

This decision sets a truly dangerous legal precedent.

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join