It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by crazyewok

We also have different laws on the reporting of such incidents in the UK to afford the defendants a fair trial. Maybe US press regulations need to be amended also?

That what I have been thinking....

The right to free press should only go as far as the right to a fair trial. Once the press start impedding on the right to a fair trial they should be restrained.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Well thats just super, but doesnt answer any of the points I made Crazyewok...

The issue I have with all this is that a right to bare arms, if one has such a thing available to them, does not absolve one of responsibility for thier actions in using them, and Zimmerman shot an unarmed man after instigating contact with him by following him about, for which he is not taking responsibility in any way what so ever.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
reply to post by queenofswords

If he has any sense he will move out the country.

I know I would...probably change my name as well.

Maybe Belize or one of the smaller islands in Hawaii.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Of course one should take responsibility for their actions. No one advocates excusing bad actions and using historical inequities for excuses.

On the other hand one shouldn’t sweep reality under the rug and forget about the past. For the past makes inroads into the future whether we like it or not.

What you do now or what happens to you will effect to some degree your grandchildren. That is an existential fact!

You are benefiting or not benefiting from the condition of your ancestors to a great degree.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
disgusting

the jury brought that defence way too easily

and whats with the extra-terrestial lawyer that GZ had....

all in all ....creepy and dodgy

ok if it wasnt murder....i cant believe he didnt even get manslaughter....just straight up not guilty.

BTW - nice to see the racists on this thread have zero compassion for the victim...as they know nothing of what really happened..only what their racist brains can concieve

nasty

edit on 14-7-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

and I keep on seeing the supporters of Trayvon using little or not evidence, only pure emotion.

and keep up with THATS RACIST rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Good call. I watched the OJ trial, start to finish, and felt the same way. This case needed to be proven
beyond a reasonable doubt. Jurors are instructed that if they have a shred of doubt they have to acquit.

I doubt if we will see rioting. I don't think anyone has the "starch" for it.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Well thats just super, but doesnt answer any of the points I made Crazyewok...

The issue I have with all this is that a right to bare arms, if one has such a thing available to them, does not absolve one of responsibility for thier actions in using them, and Zimmerman shot an unarmed man after instigating contact with him by following him about, for which he is not taking responsibility in any way what so ever.

No its doesnt and I think he should have got a lower manslaughter charge.

But the fact is the Goverment and media comprimised the case and trial.

He rightly walked free and the goverment, NAACP, MSN , DOJ and president himself are responsible for that.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Like I said, there was no evidence just hearsay. Only person who knew what happened refused to take the oath and be cross examined (Zimmerman)

Where is PRISM when you need one...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation
reply to post by seabag

Why you still trying to flame me. dude Zimmerman was acquitted because of lack of evidence. That's it!

I'm not flaming anyone!

You said the jury didn't determine who started it. I'm just saying that NOT GUILTY speaks loud and clear....they didn't believe GZ started it based on the evidence they saw.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Lack of evidence doesn't mean you should make conjectures about what happened.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

reply to post by TDawgRex

So you agree he was acquitted because of lack of evidence?

Theres more to it than lack of lack of evidence, which was clear in the prosecutions case, but also witness testimony and depositions from the time the incident took place.

I'll say this. I thought that the prosecution was totally inept. They played the emotion card. That is usually the card the defense plays. And the defense played the legal card.

Once that happened, I was pretty sure that Zimmerman would walk. Have you ever seen a court room drama where the witness on the stand tries to explain themselves and the court just wants a yes or no? They shut them down.

Yes? or No? They don't want to hear opinions other than the attorneys and judges.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Why doesn't he change his name to Jorge Zimmerman.......?

Jorge is the Latino way of saying George.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Bottom line Zimmerman has been found innocent.. Has been innocent, and has been proven innocent..
That's all folks, the justice system has to be able to work, if you don't like it then get out! End of story zimmerman is innocent.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
You're joking right? Just being sarcastic?

Take your pick.

Yes, I know of him. Don't know him personally, and if I did I wouldn't admit to it.

What I was implying was that the man has zero effect on my life, and I'll bet you any amount of money he has zero effect on the lives of every single person who has posted on these 50+ pages of this topic.

What's going on in the Gulf of Mexico? Louisiana? Talk to people down there and they'll tell you.

What's going on in Japan? Their own 3 mile island? Talk to the people over there and they'll tell you.

There are more pressing issues in the world today that don't go away just because they dissapear from the headlines. I thought you were better than this Wrabbit. I'm going to come back here in 6 months and ask everyone who George Zimmerman is. No one is going to remember. And that's a good thing. What isn't good is people forgetting the fallout of disasters that are still effecting people thousands of miles away, to this day...............and those same people complain that Governments are falling short of their duties? Talk about a face-palm moment. People have the attention span of a gnat when it comes to their own personal lives, but they sure as hell will remember what an administration or law enforcement agency did 40 years ago and how that falls in line with the current ones. As if the Government has a direct influence over our lives. And you expect me to jump on board to care about a nobody who brought a gun to a fistfight 2,000 miles from where I live?

One more time Wrabbit...........Who the hell is George Zimmerman?

link   

Only person who knew what happened refused to take the oath and be cross examined (Zimmerman)

His right under the constitution.

link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yes you are starting to see the picture now.

Truth is there was no evidence and that's the only thing the defense had to show.

That's a fact!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
reply to post by queenofswords

If he has any sense he will move out the country.

Maybe Belize or one of the smaller islands in Hawaii.

But he can never run away from "himself" and the guilt and questions he must be asking himself. "Was it worth it???"

I doubt if he will doing much celebrating....

If he has any compassion at all he must be dying inside.
edit on 14-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Only person who knew what happened refused to take the oath and be cross examined (Zimmerman)

His right under the constitution.

so what is your point? I don't get it. Of course he invoked his right. And he was the only evidence the jury would have examined to make a decision. But the defense was smart. Take away the main evidence and the prosecution is left with nothing but hearsay.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

reply to post by seabag

Why you still trying to flame me. dude Zimmerman was acquitted because of lack of evidence. That's it!

I'm not flaming anyone!

You said the jury didn't determine who started it. I'm just saying that NOT GUILTY speaks loud and clear....they didn't believe GZ started it based on the evidence they saw.

To back up seabag here, the jury had a black woman, mother of 7, from chicago originally, who DID NOT find proof to contradict zimmermans story. That one juror, basing her verdict on evidence and actions, found the defendant NOT GUILTY, when her and her alone could have hung the jury causing a mistrial then a retrial.

So get race out of this verdict, it had no bearing on any aspect of this case.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Why doesn't he change his name to Jorge Zimmerman.......?

Jorge is the Latino way of saying George.

Zimmer is room in German so....without further ado... Add a dash of Spanish and

Jorge Habitahombre

Hope I didn't ruin it for him.

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join