It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
So apparently in America you can play pretend police and kill a kid walking home from a store and then be found not guilty. Wonderful.

Really that's what you took away from it??

Oh I get it you only read headlines. Facts must be hard for you to process.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It also is clear that Zimmerman has enough evidence now to not only sue CNN/ABC/NBC and the rest for defamation of Character and Libel. But he has enough evidence for a civil case against Trayvon's parents because the evidence proved Trayvon made it home and then ran back to confront the "crazy a** crack er" and give him a beatin'. In the civil case Zimmerman can show the character evidence of Trayvon that was not allowed in the criminal charge against him.

This is not over by a long shot. We are going to see more violence and court cases and counter charges now.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

The trial was based on George Zimmerman's account of events against a dead mans, it's easy to see what the verdict was going to be.

If it were a white or hispanic walking past George Zimmerman's car that night caused George to get out & follow them, thats the question that needs to be asked.

Here in the UK the best way to get away with killing somebody is running them over in a car, chances are if your found guilty you will only serve a few months, but in the USA it seems the best way to kill someone is to shoot them in self defence.

"No matter how big a guy might be, Nicky would take him on.
You beat Nicky with fists, he comes back with a bat.
You beat him with a knife, he comes back with a gun.
And you beat him with a gun, you better kill him, because he’ll keep comin’ back and back until one of you is dead."

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords

I guess Zimmerman could have just laid there and suffered through a beating or suffocation (TM tried to cover CZ's mouth and nose) till he was beat to a pulp or unconscious.....or worse, dead. People get beat to death everyday.

And if Zimmerman had been in any danger of that, there would have been marks on his person after the fact which proved it. Interveiws taken after the incident do not show any such thing of course...

I understand your issue about our right to bear arms, but in this country, We The People have the right and it is protected constitutionally by our Second Amendment. We will protect that right with our life. It is important beyond anything you might realize. As far as I know, Zimmerman was a responsible gun owner and followed all the rules and regulations pertaining to the carry laws in Florida.

You yourself have no idea how important that right is, because you still have it. My people have lost it, so I have a much more on the spot view of how important it is. In fact, if one more person, who has not correctly read my posts ,claims that I have a problem with the second ammendment of the constitution, I may just loose my mind. However, rights do not absolve a person of being responsible for thier actions.

It is not illegal for a neighborhood watchman to watch a person nor to follow that person if he so chooses to. Again, Zimmerman did what he was supposed to do when he noticed a suspicious individual walking between houses and acting strange. We know that CZ said in his 911 call that he seemed like he was on drugs or something, and now, through evidence presented in court, we know drugs were in TM's system. The illegality started when TM cold-cocked the older man. That's assault. That's what escalated the situation.

Acting strange like how? Which drugs particularly? And no matter what, you dont SHOOT a man whose only weapon is his fists, unless you KNOW that man is a deathmachine. I agree with the second ammendment, but I cannot accept this verdict just because the man with the gun was constituionally allowed to carry one, or legally allowed to follow a person.

Trayvon Martin had no way to know that he was being followed by a person who was legally allowed to be stalking him. If someone was following me around, I wouldnt have gotten in a fight over it, I would have just upped and killed the bastard with my bare hands, three or four blows, less than a second. Crushed trachea, broken collar bone, knee to the base of the skull followed by downward blow to the neck, as the creep doubled over in choking, air starved agony.

You do not approach a person you think is dangerous. If you are legally allowed to do so, you may pull a weapon and attempt to pacify them at distance, but you do not get within grip range.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by On7a7higher7plane

Once again, another emotional response....go figure.

The joys of arm chair quarterbacking. We can see all clearly now that the trial is over eh?

As the Obama supporters said when he won re-election. (Oh wait...he said it too) Get over it. We won.

And justice is served. Whether you like it or not.
edit on 14-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: Fat Paws

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I have to re-quote this to show reason of my question:

en.wikipedia.org...

Why are all the blacks saying they will come to "Whiteys" subburbs and burn them. Voter reg says he is Hispanic and not white. What am I missing here? I want fact , not fiction.

_javascript:icon('
')

edit on Sun Jul 14 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully

"No matter how big a guy might be, Nicky would take him on.
You beat Nicky with fists, he comes back with a bat.
You beat him with a knife, he comes back with a gun.
And you beat him with a gun, you better kill him, because he’ll keep comin’ back and back until one of you is dead."

And this is what society really is.

It's best to have a little backbone nowadays.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I really can't wait till this story goes away, but we ALL know that the media would never let that happen... They created it and they will take it to the point of WT*

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmconslaught

Isn't it great to live in a country where a man can get a fair trial regardless of the color of his skin!
edit on 14-7-2013 by usmconslaught because: shpelling is hrad

Might be a bit greater if they'd actually got around to arresting him in a timely manner, rather than just letting him go.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

So apparently in America you can play pretend police and kill a kid walking home from a store and then be found not guilty. Wonderful.

Really that's what you took away from it??

Oh I get it you only read headlines. Facts must be hard for you to process.

Is it just me or do many posters on ATS sound like they are parroting the sentiments of the known race-baiter Al Sharpton?

"The trial happened. The verdict came in. It does not exhaust the legal options of this family and the bigger community issues of civil rights," Sharpton said on NBC's "Meet the Press." "We now have a position on the books in the state of Florida where an unarmed teenager who committed no crime can be killed and the killer can say self defense."

The outcome of the trial, which ignited a broad debate on race relations in America, should make parents fearful, Sharpton said.

"Every American ought to be afraid that my child can do nothing wrong and can be killed," he said.
www.americanthinker.com...

Sharpton and others never let the facts get in the way of their narrative.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

you know the more i see these type of posts, the more i think my standard reply should be.

Stop Being Ignorant,/ Deny Ignorance
edit on 14-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Folks, police get away with what Zimmerman was charged with ALL THE TIME... People act like this is the first time a man got away with "murder"... Our PD's are getting away with similar crimes (while planting weapons) on a regular basis...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

unless you KNOW that man is a deathmachine?

How can you tell? 35 years ago, I saw a 17 year old throwing cops over a squad car. The guys were flying through the air like rag dolls. 17 year old turned out to be on PCP. You can't always know who is lethal with their fists or feet. I once had a crazy drunk person come up on my campsite and kick my head in as I slept. Thank God I was not armed, because I would have surely killed the person. Zimmerman did what he had to do. The case is over.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cuopar

BS. You see a guy throwing cops about, shoot him. End of. You see a dude posing no threat to anyone, holding no weapon, you dont follow him, you dont harrass him, and you do not get into a fight with them.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thaelin

en.wikipedia.org...

Why are all the blacks saying they will come to "Whiteys" subburbs and burn them. Voter reg says he is Hispanic and not white. What am I missing here? I want fact , not fiction.

')

edit on Sun Jul 14 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

Are you sure that this is what "all the blacks" are saying?

And people wonder why there was at least a small question of race over this trial.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thaelin

en.wikipedia.org...

')

the reason they are saying this is they don't want to be bothered by the facts. it takes to long to be truly informed for them. most don't care, they are just going off emotion, hate or wanting free stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join