It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Why are all the blacks saying they will come to "Whiteys" subburbs and burn them. Voter reg says he is Hispanic and not white. What am I missing here? I want fact , not fiction.

What you are missing is the cold sad fact that, unfortunately, you can post all the statistics, show all the available evidence, present all the known facts, and parade witness after witness, but SOME people need nothing more than a smidgeon of an excuse to stir racial hatred. They live for it. It makes them feel alive and relevant in some sick way.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Oh how i find pleasure in Kim Kardashian's tweet last night. Kim Kardashian tweeted 'no justice' in reference to the George Zimmerman case. Her Dad was OJ Simpson's lawyer.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The initial investigators thought it was a justified shot ... took a boat load of race baiting, a couple job cuts, and some well placed DOJ money to even bring it to trial. Cops take a bad rap around here, and often it's deserved, but I'll trust the judgement of Sanford's detectives over a political hack like Angela Corey anyday.

Based on the trial we all just witnessed this case should have never seen the inside of a courtroom.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
known race-baiter Al Sharpton?

Yeah, how dare he and his scumbag pal Jesse Jackson, er, call for calm and restraint? That's not in the script!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Ok..But you didn't respond to what I wrote, which I think deserves consideration.

If someone isn't a police officer - and thus doesn't possess the power and authority that a uniform and badge projects - should they be allowed to carry guns and go about stocking and interrogating people?

This question goes beyond the race question. But it is at the very heart of this issue.

Witness or no witness, in my opinion it is irrelevant to the originating cause. Why should someone who does not possess the requisite authority and power believe he has the right, and even more concernedly, the ability, to question and harass another person? It is this woefully inept belief that led to this tragedy to begin with.

I am all for the right to bear arms, but we also need to be reasonable in our expectations of how people will respond in particular contexts. Most, if not all kids around Treyvons age would submit to the inquiries of a police officer. Why is this? Simply put: the uniform and badge projects authority. Everyone in every society understands the uniform and badge. It is a socially and legally binding projection of power. Now, in the absence of this power, should people nevertheless still be granted the right to approach sketchy individuals, interrogate them, and if the need arise, use the gun they have against them?

When I was a kid, my mom told me not to instigate with my brother - who had ADHD and behavioral problems. Basically, because I KNEW BETTER, I was expected to understand that it would be unreasonable of me to assume that my brother would respond in socially normal ways.

I don't see how this situation is any different. There was every reason to believe that Treyvon Martin wouldn't submit to the authority of a wanna-be cop. Regardless of what you feel about this, just think reasonably: does the notion of "neighborhood watch" project the same power and authority as police officer? No, it doesn't. Maybe you think it should, but the fact is, it doesn't. Given this situation, should a civilian neighborhood watch be allowed to carry a gun into such precarious circumstances? Shouldn't the predictable response of a suspicious black kid prevent you in your pursuit?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This visual exercise fascinates me. Still not guilty?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords

Why are all the blacks saying they will come to "Whiteys" subburbs and burn them. Voter reg says he is Hispanic and not white. What am I missing here? I want fact , not fiction.

What you are missing is the cold sad fact that, unfortunately, you can post all the statistics, show all the available evidence, present all the known facts, and parade witness after witness, but SOME people need nothing more than a smidgeon of an excuse to stir racial hatred. They live for it. It makes them feel alive and relevant in some sick way.

You respond to a post suggesting that "all the blacks" are promising to attack whites by opining that black people are guilty of stirring racial hatred?

Wow.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The prosecutions case has been a cluster(blank) from the beginning.
I am 60's years old and I have never in my life seen any american president publicly make a comment on a local criminal case. before a trial.
The prosecution spent more time DEFENDING Trevons name and repution than prosecuting Zimmerman.
The prosection threw ALL law enforcement under the buss, by firing the police chief, transfering the local D.A. and lead detective and firing their own lead I. T. person.
That sends a clear message that when TSHTF all law enforcement WILL be thrown under the buss.
The only winner in this case is the government, because they have driven another wedge into society to further divide it " DIVIDE AND CONQUER " If the people refuse to see this we truly deserve our fate.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Blanket statements....

making statements about whole groups of people....
is not part of a good debate......

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
OK people. The T&C isn't suspended because of this verdict. Post according to the T&C or your posts will be removed and you may have your posting privileges removed as well.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whatsreal Lets not forget the fact that Martin wasn't even old enough to vote.

he was old enough to join the military and .. well you know the rest
edit on 14-7-2013 by dude77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco

Originally posted by seabag
known race-baiter Al Sharpton?

Yeah, how dare he and his scumbag pal Jesse Jackson, er, call for calm and restraint? That's not in the script!!!

He’s not saying that in the quote I provided….he’s pushing lies.

"Every American ought to be afraid that my child can do nothing wrong and can be killed," he said.
www.americanthinker.com...

Nothing wrong????

The jury has spoken! The person who did nothing wrong was GZ.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Man if Trayvon and Zimmerman looked like that this case would have been over and shut in under 3 weeks and Zimmerman would be serving life with no possibility of parole.

I guess Geraldo Rivera was right...the jurors would have shot Trayvon Martin way sooner than Zimmerman

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco

Originally posted by queenofswords

You respond to a post suggesting that "all the blacks" are promising to attack whites by opining that black people are guilty of stirring racial hatred?

Wow.

I forget that some people are thick as mud...no offense. When he/she said "all the blacks", I assumed she meant it like you would use "everybody"....as in, "Why does everybody............". Understand? No one really means EVERYBODY. It's a figure of expression. Sheesh!!! Some people cannot think beyond the tip of their nose.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation
reply to post by MidnightTide

Like I said, there was no evidence just hearsay. Only person who knew what happened refused to take the oath and be cross examined (Zimmerman)

Where is PRISM when you need one...

Hey so your admitting there is zero evidence, so why have a trial?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

not an accurate depiction .. that's an old 'baby' picture of martin .. now use that same white skin holding up gang signs, smoking weed, and put his violent prone texts next to the pictures then we can properly analyze

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude77

not an accurate depiction .. that's an old 'baby' picture of martin .. now use that same white skin holding up gang signs, smoking weed, and put his violent prone texts next to the pictures then we can properly analyze

Well if you want to bring that into consideration, can we also list the number of times George Zimmerman called 911 over trivial offenses and what the percentage of those calls were about "suspicious black men"?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Man if Trayvon and Zimmerman looked like that this case would have been over and shut in under 3 weeks and Zimmerman would be serving life with no possibility of parole.

That comment is pure speculation and it says more about the racial views of the poster than anything else.

This case was never about race. When will we all stop playing this game? Juries do not consider race….if they do then they’re doing it wrong! We’ve got to stop falling for these race traps because it doesn’t do any of us any good.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I concede, the case was never really about race! Hahahahahahaha now that the hysteria is calmed down I can speak rationally w/o a care. It has always been about what you can prove and not what you think, and nobody could prove what George Zimmerman was thinking contrary to the story he told voluntarily multiple times. He profiled him to be a criminal (wrong) and evidently not by race. In a fight or flight situation Trayvon fought and the jury --- a mixed sample of the population included women whom are now more involved politically --- listened to the judges instructions to find a verdict based off the evidence not their emotions. Some of you complained that the system "doesn't work", well it worked today and what do you have to say now?

This is what the media wanted in the beginning, to make you think the case was about race and to put their tv's in the courtroom for you to watch for their ratings. THEY put Trayvon Martin back on trial for something he didn't do, they threw dirt on his name, and they tricked you. A kid is dead and it's #ed up. The worst part of all this was people leaking Zimmerman's addresses, phone numbers, ssn #, and even his parents address like you don't know his rights say he is innocent until proven guilty but half of us followed the stone casters (John 8:7), destroying him physically, financially, and personally. Anybody who is not a child should always form their own opinion but half of us didn't do that.

The SYG (stand your ground) law is being investigated for racist biased by a committee. A civil suit won't ever go to court arguing the same thing they couldn't prove once which is that Zimmerman wasn't a racist. If black people in Florida don't want this to happen again they should move.

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join