It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

hahaha, dude there is no evidence about how the fight started. No one actually said anything about that. ok?

Its why the defense said that Zimmerman didn't hunt down Martin in their closing argument.

If the defense said it...you are obviously speculating

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I believe it's time for love and forgiveness to begin...

link   

For me being of Italian, Black,and Puerto Rican ethnicity, I think the whole "race" angle is being over exaggerated by those who want it to be, and was a focal point by the media and this administration. George Zimmerman was found not guilty. Period.

But...... since "race" has taken hold of this whole trial, I tried looking for the Hispanic angle in all this.

WHY has the Hispanic Community been silent?

Chicago’s Latinos Para La Revolución expressed anger today at the New York Times for referring to George Zimmerman as a “White Hispanic,” a term that many claim was invented to add more fire to the case where a Latino man murdered a Black teenager, claiming it was self defense. The group is also very angry as to why Latinos aren’t defending George Zimmerman, who—according to many sources—was attacked.

“No matter what happened in this unfortunate situation, the media and Democrats are out to convict George Zimmerman. Latinos depend on these groups to protect them when it comes to immigration issues. However, wouldn’t it be wiser to do the right thing than just stand back?" Young asks.

Latinos continued silence over George Zimmerman angers some

Really, we should use this case not for Politics, but to heal the stereotyping that those in the Media and those with Agendas have put forth.MHO

link   
Okay Kids, the conversation has gone far beyond repetitive and headache-inducing. I will consider myself done on this thread, but I leave you with one last thought.

For the Martin supporters, it is over. The verdict is in and it's time to move on.

For the Zimmerman supporters, count this as a small victory, but the war on our rights waged by the media and the establishment is not going our way. This is only the beginning of the puppet show.

Take it easy guys.
edit on 7/14/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
they know absolutely nothing about the case, and it is plain to see that they didn't even bother to watch the trial.

Sorry to say, but yesterday when I mentions Zimmerman's name to a family member they said, who?

Yes I noticed after all the information and debate from years of reading post on this topic, on this issue, people are still confused about the important facts of the case, but people believe what they want to believe and usually stick with their first memories of the breaking news on the situation.

that's one thing i first learned on this site. if your gonna say something in a manner of fact, you better be able to back it up. and the shame of it is, some of those that schooled me on this, are the same ones spouting emotional, raciest, non evidential crap or choose to ignore the evidence to the contrary.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by vor78

Well thats fine if you carry no expectations of your own conduct as far as personal honour and a desire to be fair in your dealings with your fellow man. But using a gun on an unarmed man is overkill no matter what the hell is happening at the time.

Spoken like a true anti-gun Brit.

With your obvious anti-gun culture I expect a response like yours. You have to understand our laws and culture to understand why GZ was found not guilty by a jury of his peers (all women no less)

I believe the correct verdict was reached based on the evidence.

Hey im a brit and i wanted a not guilty verdict

Apparently you have a better understanding than him of the events of this case and our laws....

It really was a poor decision to prosecute IMO. There was no murder or negligence. It was pure hype from the beginning. Obviously someone who is anti-gun would have a hard time being impartial.

edit on 14-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation

What physical evidence and testimony describes how the fight started?

Please reference these.

I know of not a single testimony or digitally recorded evidence that described how the fight started.

Don't confuse what people "thought" they saw DURING the fight with what started it.

Maybe i missed that piece of evidence and testimony.

Please reference it so i may read it
edit on 14-7-2013 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

Sooo...you know what started it all? Are you hiding evidence that could have locked up Zimmerman?

Look back on your own questions and ask yourself the same questions. Do you have proof of your allegations or is that just how you feel?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos

Originally posted by bates

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
reply to post by bates

Hiding and jumping someone is hardly minding your own business.

As for your clean shot remark, it's kind of difficult to miss with the target on top of you.

so you'd genuinely be happy to get killed in the way martin was and you'd expect no one to have anything to say about it, no chance in hell matey pie

and surely it's even more difficult to get your weapon out if it is correctly concealed.

Actually, if I intended to jump someone, I would have accounted for the fact that they may in fact be armed before doing so. Yes, I actually think that way.

As for how he got the weapon out, that didn't seem to bother the experts much, now did it? Apparently, it wouldn't be as difficult as you imagine.

i love the way you put the bits you want to believe as facts.

there is no proof that martin jumped out of any bushes so please stop saying it as if it's disputable fact .

edit on 14-7-2013 by bates because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
If a 5'7" man is being straddled and pummeled by a younger, meaner, leaner, more muscular 5'11" man, how long does he let it go on before he realizes he cannot get up and might just get beat to death? At what point does he decide to use his right to defend himself in the only way available to him?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I am not blaming the US for all the evil in the world. I am merely pointing out that there are scientific, sociological and psychological reasons for the blight that exists inside of some communities that produce crime and anti-social behavior. Decades of ill-treatment on Native Americans and Black people has produced problems inside of these peoples culture. That is not their fault.

This phenomenon is mostly inside of economically deprived communities. You don’t see this type of crime inside of middle class black neighborhoods in Atlanta, for instance.

People forget about slavery and decades of third class citizenship in America for dark peoples, and colonialism that ravaged the third world, particularly Africa.

Scientific reality is that if you treat humans unjustly, oppressively, they will be programmed accordingly.

Garbage in, garbage out.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

And it's that reason that Zimmerman was found not guilty. The prosecution provided no evidence that Zimmerman, acting with great malice aforethought, hunted down Martin and shot him. It seems like many people on here are forgetting that in our legal system a person is innocent until proven guilty. It is not the job of the defense to prove innocence beyond a reasonable doubt. It is up to the prosecution to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. In this case the prosecution weren't even close to proving guilt. Regardless of the actual events the jury made the correct decision based on the evidence that was actually presented.

link   
Okay, for the record and because seeing this repeated is getting to be too much. We're all intelligent people here and should be able to establish basic facts without needing others to spoon feed it.

There were two DIRECT witnesses to the fight.

Now, those that watched the trial or at least DID catch daily summaries would know there were two witnesses and wouldn't be repeatedly saying NO ONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED. When, in fact, some absolutely DO know what happened and one WATCHED the shooting directly with Mark I Eyeballs.

One Eyewitness and one Direct witness within a moment or two of the gunshot to see the scene before anything was moved or touched by anyone.

Two witnesses called by the prosecution today described George Zimmerman as being on the losing end of a fight with Trayvon Martin in the moments before Zimmerman shot the Florida teenager.

Witness #1:

Under cross examination by Zimmerman's lawyer, Good said he believes he saw Martin on top punching Zimmerman "MMA style," a reference to mixed martial arts.

"The person on top was ground and pounding the person on the bottom?"asked Zimmerman attorney Mark O'Mara.

His testimony goes on to detail how well he could see it and he was on a 911 call at the time which recorded his reaction to directly witnessing the shooting which ended the fight. This is the man who described MMA style fighting for what was being done to Zimmerman on the ground. The fight Trayvon was apparently winning and on top to take control of.

Witness #2

Manalo did not see the confrontation between Zimmerman and the unarmed teenager, but walked outside of his home with a flashlight moments after hearing a gunshot.

He said Zimmerman looked like he had "got his butt beat," but was "speaking clearly."
Source

The account goes on with more detail for both witnesses. Hopefully this kills this myth of no witnesses. There most definitely WERE witnesses, altho it appears, only one good eyeball on the end and shooting itself. One is not none though and that one was live with police on the phone as he watched, to capture his words and feelings in real time for all to hear later.

link   
reply to post by Willtell

I am not blaming the US for all the evil in the world. I am merely pointing out that there are scientific, sociological and psychological reasons for the blight that exists inside of some communities that produce crime and anti-social behavior. Decades of ill-treatment on Native Americans and Black people has produced problems inside of these peoples culture. That is not their fault.

So how do you explain similar violence in other countries??

Was that also based on ill-treatment of blacks in America??

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bates
i genuinely hoped you are removed from the streets and locked up because you sound like a dangerous individual.

Couldn't help it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

link   
reply to post by queenofswords

The evidence in the case was that Zimmerman wasn’t “pummeled”. Even the defense conceded that that was an exaggeration.

No blood on Trayvon’s hands. No marks on his hands

And no wounds on Zimmerman that he was “pummeled”

link   
May we learn to love stronger and forgive faster then fear spreads...
We have the ability to adapt and overcome if we choose.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

You just like Neo...dodging bullets ( well questions here)

I don't know anything about what started the fight. No one knows dude just like i said. There is my reference.

Only Zimmerman knows and I would have liked for him to go on the stand under oath and say what really happened.

The defense didn't want the prosecution to question him on the stand.
That's a fact.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So how do you explain similar violence in other countries?? Was that also based on ill-treatment of blacks in America??

Good Questions with the addition of places within our country like cities like Chicago where 'violence' is prevalent and minorities get killed, but somehow doesn't generate the anger, the hatred, the vitriol as Florida.

But don't get the national coverage because it doesn't fit the progressive agenda as the GZ trial did because there it is minority on minority violence.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
If a 5'7" man is being straddled and pummeled by a younger, meaner, leaner, more muscular 5'11" man, how long does he let it go on before he realizes he cannot get up and might just get beat to death? At what point does he decide to use his right to defend himself in the only way available to him?

www.foxnews.com...

everything you've posted there is wrong.
edit on 14-7-2013 by bates because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Double

edit on 14-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join