It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Indeed. In the age of information ignorance is a choice.

The problem is that people want proof of their own preconceived notions. And they certainly don't want those notions challenged by the facts.

Well-said!!

I am going to start a thread (perhaps) on all the backlash I am getting for being a George Zimmerman supporter.

I am black, and I mentioned that because I have literally been shone by family and friends who accuse me of not 'being black', just because I actually like facts, and I actually like to think.

In fact, my dad is one of these people who are upset with me;I tried to calm his anger down and change the subject to going to catch a movie together.

He responded: "I don't hang out with Uncle Tom's".

edit on 14-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

Hiding and jumping someone is hardly minding your own business.

As for your clean shot remark, it's kind of difficult to miss with the target on top of you.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

reply to post by projectvxn

ALL IM SAYING IS NOONE KNOWS HOW IT WENT DOWN. If you hear a commotion outside look out the window and see one guy on top of another punching him does that automatically mean the guy losing didint swing, push etc first?

Of course this is conjecture and doesn't matter in court thats why Zimmerman is not guilty his story lines up. I would have said not guilty as well but in the back of my mind i would still be saying to myself you coulda started it buddy but it cant be proven.
edit on 14-7-2013 by bruteforce13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Your race has about as much to do with the facts of the case, as the case itself.

But don't tell that to the "Hang Zimmerman" crowd.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Its only just begun................in fact, this is exactly the way the Nazi's operated when going after those they did not like.

It’s not over, said one of the most powerful men in America, Senate Majority Leader Henry Reid. He said now that a jury of his peers has found George Zimmerman not guilty of murdering Trayvon Martin, it is time for the federal government to step in.

Federal Government Plans to Persecute Zimmerman

Appearing on Meet the Press this morning, Reid told host David Gregory the Justice Department will go after Zimmerman.

“And the president, does he have a role in speaking about it as he did after the shooting?” Gregory asked.

“Yeah, of course,” Reid responded. “And I think the Justice Department’s going to take a look at this. You know, this isn’t over with, and I think that’s good, that’s our system. It’s gotten better, not worse.”

In other words, if a jury reaches a verdict the federal government and the Obama administration think is not politically correct (or is contrary to their political agenda), they will move to “take a look” at it and take action to placate special interests and preferred minorities.

Soon after the verdict was reached on Saturday night, the NAACP called on the Justice Department to persecute George Zimmerman for the inexcusable crime of self-defense. President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous sent out the following petition:

Attorney General Eric Holder,

The Department of Justice has closely monitored the State of Florida’s prosecution of the case against George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin murder since it began. Today, with the acquittal of George Zimmerman, it is time for the Department of Justice to act.

The most fundamental of civil rights — the right to life — was violated the night George Zimmerman stalked and then took the life of Trayvon Martin. We ask that the Department of Justice file civil rights charges against Mr. Zimmerman for this egregious violation.

Please address the travesties of the tragic death of Trayvon Martin by acting today.

Thank you.

Other “civil rights” organizations called for Zimmerman to be prosecuted. “We will be calling on the federal government to file criminal charges on the basis of civil rights violations,” said CD Witherspoon of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference of Baltimore. “This was done immediately after the Rodney King verdict, and should be done if justice is not rendered by the Florida courts.”

The NAACP has pledged to “fight for the removal of Stand Your Ground laws in every state” and make racial profiling a primary consideration in self-defense cases.

A number of liberal advocacy groups – including NAACP, the Urban League, Color of Change, Common Cause, People for the American Way and MoveOn.org – have worked to eliminate the right of Americans to protect themselves.

“Florida’s dangerous ‘Shoot First’ law allowed Trayvon’s killer to walk free without charges for more than a month. Shoot First legalizes vigilante homicide, has demonstrated racial bias in its application, and has led to an increase in gun-related deaths in the more than two dozen states where it has been passed into law,” states Color of Change, as part of a campaign to eliminate “stand your ground” laws,

The characterization of self-defense as “vigilante homicide” when it contains “racial bias in its application,” in other words when a white person defends himself against violence perpetrated by a black person or other government designated preferred minority, underscores the globalist agenda to disarm all Americans.

The Trayvon Martin case is not about racism, it is about destroying the Second Amendment and turning the American people into a defenseless herd no different than the Russians under Stalin or the Chinese under Mao. “Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun,” Mao infamously said. He wasn’t talking about guns in the hands of citizens.

Since 2009, Color of Change has received $550,000 from Soros’ Open Society Foundation and is closely connected to MoveOn.org, an organization perpetually engaged in peddling Obama’s globalist agenda and fundraises for establishment Democrats. MoveOn.org has also launched a petition demanding the Justice Department ignore the jury decision in Florida and further victimize George Zimmerman.

Color of Change is “an organization dedicated to shutting down free speech, free expression, free markets, and free enterprise,” writes Peter Bella. “They are against capitalism and civil liberties. They want to repeal the Second Amendment, force people to be victims, and are against stopping voter fraud.”

edit on 14-7-2013 by Lysistrata because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation
So its ok to use a gun as self defense in a fist fight that you instigated?

This is crazy

crazy??...c'mon...haven't you read the hundred of posts here?..TM was a 17 yr old fully grown black man, who was a "thug", and a "gangsta" and was obviously headed into a life of crime of robbing and killing people. TM purposely waited in the shadows, when it was dark and rainy, to jump out and start fiercely beating poor Mr. Zimmerman, who's only recourse was to shoot him dead through the heart, for fear of his life.
you got to make these black people understand when a guy comes out of his truck and starts following them on a rainy night, they have to immediately stop, get down on their knees, put their hands up, and surrender.
I just don't why this is so hard to understand, I now understand it quite well, just from reading all the posts here on ATS.

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You take a side trip off into a T&C banned topic which I'll leave alone entirely here

So you think the T&C "banned topic" i.e. we can't use words like "coc aine" means we cant even talk about drug laws, even though drugs laws are a basic social and political issue? I tend to interpret that rule as referring to usage. Otherwise, it makes no sense.

You spend the rest, it seems, hitting on the plight and downtrodden status of the Black man.

Yes, I thought it would have been straight forward that I was commenting on your comment about blacks being whiners.. I've already written 20 or so posts about on subject at hand.

I don't dispute they are good points in other context ...but miss this context entirely?

Well, yes, I admit, I went slightly off topic.

With regard to the relationship between this and what I wrote, I have a few questions. Why should we believe Zimmermans claim that he only saw a kid in a hoodie? It seems to me that that would be the logical claim any good lawyer would get his client to make. To say the truth - which may have been that he saw a black kid and imagined that he was likely to be up to something - would weaken his case. Thus, lying is mandatory. What people claim can only be taken with a grain of salt.

Do you think racial profiling occurs? While our society has definitely grown more "liberal", people still profile. In the book I mentioned earlier, Hart describes his own experience while working at the NIH (national Institute of Health). Apparently, someone had committed a crime at the bank division of the institute and the police considered Hart to be a suspect. Both police officers were dark skinned (one was black, the other filipino), but paradoxically, institutionalized discrimination is a common phenomena that even the discriminated group engages in. The officers were looking for a black man. Hart says he was wearing a dark suit, had his bank slip in his hand and his NIH identification hanging from his neck. He believes he was profiled.

Not being black, I can't say how often this might occur in the life of black people. Do I think this was a case of racial profiling? Well, put it into a probabilistic equation. If the authorities knew that a white guy had committed a crime, would the authorities had treated a white guy with NIH identification and a bank slip in his hand as the potential bank robber? It doesn't sound plausible. So, one wonders whether the image of a black man might unconsciously bias the mind to think he's more capable of committing a crime than others.

So to return to the question at hand. Is it plausible that George Zimmerman profiled Treyvon Martin because he was black? That he payed especial attention to him because he was black? If yes, than thats a problem.

Aside from that, I think there is something problematic with what Zimmerman did to begin with. s it reasonable to expect a 17 year old kid suspected of being up to something to demure before the neighborhood watch? I don't think so. To make matters more complicated, he approached this kid with a gun. That Treyvon Martin would respond with violence was a high probability scenario. This, I believe, was the argument of the prosecution. When George Zimmerman committed himself to following and disturbing Treyvon Martin, was he fully cognizant of the fact that he was entering a context where using his weapon against this kid was a highly probable occurrence?

When you have a gun on you, you should be expected to exercise this type of reasoning. 1) I'm not a police officer, therefore I do not have the advantage of a uniform and badge to project authority. 2) I have a gun; will this kid respect me? Or is he likely to respond violently? 3) based upon 1 and 2, should I still nevertheless approach him? If yes, then I am likely putting HIS LIFE AT RISK.

link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
A murderer walks free.

Florida really has some effed up jurors. Casey Anthony, now this..

There is a difference believe it or not.

A killer walks free.

But it was not a murder. (That requires premeditative thought or a plan)

And as far as I am concerned, the defense proved with a reasonable doubt (a unanimous jury) that is was justifiable.

Pretty sad that a yound man died, but that happens every minute across this globe and I don't hear people crying to much about it.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

What physical evidence and testimony describes how the fight started?

Please reference these.

I know of not a single testimony or digitally recorded evidence that described how the fight started.

Don't confuse what people "thought" they saw DURING the fight with what started it.

Maybe i missed that piece of evidence and testimony.

Please reference it so i may read it
edit on 14-7-2013 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by ButterCookie

Your race has about as much to do with the facts of the case, as the case itself.

But don't tell that to the "Hang Zimmerman" crowd.

I know,

Its like my dad really wants me to feel the sting of daring to be different....
edit on 14-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
reply to post by bates

As for your clean shot remark, it's kind of difficult to miss with the target on top of you.

so you'd genuinely be happy to get killed in the way martin was and you'd expect no one to have anything to say about it, no chance in hell matey pie

and surely it's even more difficult to get your weapon out if it is correctly concealed.

link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

So its ok to use a gun as self defense in a fist fight that you instigated?

This is crazy

crazy??...c'mon...haven't you read the hundred of posts here?..TM was a 17 yr old fully grown black man, who was a "thug", and a "gangsta" and was obviously headed into a life of crime of robbing and killing people. TM purposely waited in the shadows, when it was dark and rainy, to jump out and start fiercely beating poor Mr. Zimmerman, who's only recourse was to shoot him dead through the heart, for fear of his life.
you got to make these black people understand when a guy comes out of his truck and starts following them on a rainy night, they have to immediately stop, get down on their knees, put their hands up, and surrender.
I just don't why this is so hard to understand, I now understand it quite well, just from reading all the posts here on ATS.

Hahaha

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bruteforce13

That's fair.

But I learned long ago never to speculate on things.

I do apply Occam's Razor judiciously whenever possible.
I have no reason not to believe Zimmerman based on the facts of the case.
Do I agree with Zimmerman's conduct? Now If he thought there was something suspicious he should have called the cops, had them send out a squad car and left it at that. But he was tasked with a patrolled watch in his neighborhood according to the NW guidelines. He did nothing wrong. According to the law, he did nothing wrong. According to the trial, he did nothing wrong.

I am satisfied.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I understand your nations rules about weapon ownership just fine, and I agree with the basic principle. Its a source of some aggravation to me that I cannot carry a sword if I should so choose because my nation does not support the right to bare arms. This is not a good thing in my book.

However, the right to bare arms does not absolve one of taking appropriate responsibility for choices made when using them, and Zimmerman cannot claim that he was defending his life or liberty by shooting Martin, because his life was not in danger, and if he had not have been such a gutless waste of flesh, he would not have felt as if he was. He was not being followed, stalked through the streets like an animal. Martin was. He was not the one who was in mortal danger, Martin was.

There are interveiws with Zimmerman, taken hours after the incident, which clearly show that he had not a single mark upon his person, not a bruise, not a scratch, not a single damned thing which would have made a man worthy of being called such, fear for his life. The man killed that kid because the man was weak, pathetic, and full of fear, so full he could not see that he was the only person in the situation who posed any threat to anyone at the time.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

What physical evidence and testimony describes how the fight started?

Please reference these.

I know of not a single testimony or digitally recorded evidence that described how the fight started.

Don't confuse what people "thought" they saw DURING the fight with what started it.

Maybe i missed that piece of evidence and testimony.

Please reference it so i may read it
edit on 14-7-2013 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

I'm going to go ahead and take a page out of Wrabbit's book and tell you to do your own homework.

These facts have already been established.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
How to get away with murder 101 in American Justice System:

1) Follow someone you might think is dangerous.

2) Engage them and kill them if situation gets worse.

3) Claim self defense.

4) Claim you are mixed race and or get the majority of one race to your side.

5) Hope you "coincidently" get lucky with Jury.

6) ???

7) Not guility!

Edit: Gotta love all the people that are praising the justice system now.. but hell bent against it before... sure this has nothing to with racism..
... yeah...praise the justice system until another case comes along which doesn't suit you.

Be a man and stick to it!
edit on 7/13/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

The only profiling Zimmerman may have done was to profile a suspicious acting person who happened to be wearing a hoodie...Someone who was looking into the windows of the houses...It could have been Eminem so far as Zimmerman knew...And that was Zimmerman's job to keep an eye out for suspicious people in the neighborhood...

Zimmerman did not engage Martin...Martin's girlfriend admitted that Martin made it home and told her that he was going back to confront Zimmerman...

How long should Zimmerman have laid there while Martin was beating his head and face into oblivion??? At what point should Zimmerman have responded??? After he was unconscious???

Don't you people have any common sense???

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bates

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
reply to post by bates

so you'd genuinely be happy to get killed in the way martin was and you'd expect no one to have anything to say about it, no chance in hell matey pie

and surely it's even more difficult to get your weapon out if it is correctly concealed.

Actually, if I intended to jump someone, I would have accounted for the fact that they may in fact be armed before doing so. Yes, I actually think that way.

As for how he got the weapon out, that didn't seem to bother the experts much, now did it? Apparently, it wouldn't be as difficult as you imagine.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruteforce13
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

ALL IM SAYING IS NOONE KNOWS HOW IT WENT DOWN. If you hear a commotion outside look out the window and see one guy on top of another punching him does that automatically mean the guy losing didint swing, push etc first?

Of course this is conjecture and doesn't matter in court thats why Zimmerman is not guilty his story lines up. I would have said not guilty as well but in the back of my mind i would still be saying to myself you coulda started it buddy but it cant be proven.
edit on 14-7-2013 by bruteforce13 because: (no reason given)

doesnt matter.. IF you ARE on TOP OF someone punching them, then they're under THREAT OF LOSS OF LIFE!.

so, if some guy is charging you, you swing first out of self defense.. then by chance you trip, stumble, have a bad night, etc. end up getting beat on by someone on top of you then ... TOO BAD dude, you deserve as much punishment as the guy on top of you feels sufficient.
edit on 14-7-2013 by HanzHenry because: grammar

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
People?

The trial is over?

So why feel the need to argue the case all over agian?

A court decided GZ fate within the letter of the law.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The arguments here remind me of this.

But I stick around for the conversation

It's all very entertaining.

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join