It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida braces for possible race riots after Zimmerman trial - RT

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Oh beltway media. How you turned a fight between a Latino and a black guy into a race issue I'll never understand. Race riots? This isn't Rodney King. There are more spurious murders occurring right now I'm sure that we'll never hear about.

i quite agree. somehow a certain "race" is allowed to use as much racially motivated profanity as they wish, even while attacking someone, and the OTHER person is then considered a racist.

i've been saying for a long time that this trial is an excuse to put some credit back on the race card.

i will be quite upset if mob rule is allowed to decide the outcome of this trial.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Ya know.....we could just go on twitter/fb and start inciting riots for all the good reasons to see how that trends. Get everyone involved, make it a real show and spread that tightly held wealth around a bit.
Too easy?
edit on 12-7-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

If you posted that he was found not guilty you could find out what will happen if he is actually found not guilty.

All anyone has to do is tweet it to a couple prominent figures like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, etc. It would spread like wildfire. Just like all of the "(insert celebrity name) is dead" stories.
edit on 12-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Except i don't care one way or the other. Besides, i would need a twitter account to do that.

IF i was going to riot, or incite a riot, i would prefer to do so over the NSA, Big Banks, Big Pharma or any number of legitimately questionable actions by the US Government that drastically affected all its people and not some small community in Florida.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

They wrote 12 jurors?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hi, I am a white guy. If Zimmerman gets convicted I think us crackers should riot! I would love to have some new golf clubs, some parts for my motorcycle and a new boat. I think I deserve these things because I am white and so is Zimmerman. If I don't get them I am gonna use my cigar lighter to burn down the mansions in my neighborhood.

Oh wait, White people don't riot. And yes this vase is all about racism. When White people start twitting riot threats I will stop looking down on the low life, welfare recipient, baby daddys and crack whores that are twitting this crap.

Personally I will shoot the first rioter I see, should be easy unless it's dark out........

I am not a racist, that Twitter page may change my mind......

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Ironically I just saw some protestors on a channel calling Zimmerman a "white nationalist that is pushing white policy."

I am not racist in the least bit, I know that skin color doesn't matter at all (culture and style are legitimate indicators i believe for all races), but I can't deny that for SOME REASON I can't explain part of the African American culture really really wanted to latch on to something that gave them the excuse to raise their voices and maybe more. I mean to the point that they said "close enough, f**k it" to Zimmerman being hispanic.

Maybe someone that is African American can explain it, but it seems like racial tensions have been boiling to a head in the last few years and this is the biggest symptom we have seen. The thing is I really do think that white racism towards African Americans is on a steep decline. I know that when the economy is down these kinds of divisions become more prominent, but we are all in this, everyone is getting pretty equally screwed. i just don't understand it.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Its not really a race issue, not even for the blacks who are claiming it is. Its a stupid person issue, a stupid person will always find the stupidest excuse to do stupid things and for all their shortcomings in life. Stupid blacks will blame racism when they can't find a job and stupid whites will blame "them foreigners" for taking their jobs.
The only difference here is the amount of political correctness the media shoves down everyone's throat on a daily basis has created and allowance for that small portion black community to do and say things to add fuel to the fire.
There are probably going to be problems after this no matter what the outcome, even if its murder and he gets death there will be some sort of victory riot afterwards.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hell people will riot when their favorite basketball team wins.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Don't think there will be any riots come on a female judge all female jury the personalization of Martin the clinical character assassination of Zimmerman.

If by some miracle Zimmerman does get off?

It will truly be a miracle.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Looking at the trail I think he will and looking at twitter (it is going bonkers) I think people will riot, somehow though I think many will use it as an excuse just to go and get a new telly.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Zimmerman=White...eh, did i miss something here....Guy looks Hispanic with a hint of Brown to me.

If they do Riot i think they should hit the Hispanic/Jewish Communities first.....take them months to find just one.

edit on 12-7-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
How about a soundtrack for the coming events as provided by Sublime.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

lol no, I get what you are saying but this is going to be stupid so we need something like little Wayne

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I never understand when these things come up. What would they be rioting against? The decision of six women on a jury? Because that's who is responsible. It's not like the whole "system" made this happen. It's not as if the government is deciding directly if he is convicted or not.

Now the LA Riots made more sense since it actually was the government who screwed us and had racist cops beat the hell out of a black man and got away with it.

This though? Rage against neighborhood watch Rambos? WHO ARE THEY RAGING AGAINST?!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

lol the LA riots didn't make any sense, what are you talking about? Im going to show the government by destroying my own neighborhood and stealing stuff? Yeah, pushing a stereotype and destroying your home really shows them.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Tenth, I hope you are right and I am wrong. And you are totally on the money when you say that it will be manufactured.

MSM knows that there rating will spike if riots do break out so they do have a vested interest in this.

I think it will boil down to how protesters will interact with the police and their community. And I'm sure that we all know there will be protesters if Zimmerman is found not guilty. It does have the large possibilty of spinning out of control since you know the MSM will sensationalize everything they report. I think they actually want a riot to occur.
edit on 11-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

There you go Dawg.. They that own the media have wanted internal bonfires for years.
And as far as spinning out of control, that's a judgment call by the people that want the control.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Riots? unlikely.

Unlike the LA riots stuff, this isn't a bunch of police beating up someone and being found innocent. this is just some scuffle that ended in someone being shot...unfortunate, and there will be demonstrations no doubt, but highly doubt rioting.

That's the logical side.

The other side also is that Florida is armed to the teeth...unlike Cali, any rioting will be met with a bunch..and I mean bunch..of good ole boys with shotguns protecting their own..so unless for some reason people want to burn down their own homes, then chances are unlikely anything of substance will happen.

Florida can be dumb as a box of hair at times...but that moron mindset extends to all colors...so yeah....now in saying that, there may be the odd brick through window by some anarchist tween here and there just because its a hooray party atmosphere in some parts, but otherwise..meh.

If a crowd came down my street (florida sticks here), causing issues, I know of about a dozen houses that would be using them as target practice within a moment...and this is not a unique street.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Im guessing they have a verdict of acquittal, they just want to give law enforcement the whole day to prepare after the AM announcement

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I dont watch TV but I have heard enough online to gather an estimate of a non guilty verdict. The investigator said Travon was on top of Zim when he shot him. END OF STORY. If anyone dares get on top of me I can kill them in self defense I dont care what race they are and I dont care if it is lethal. I will live for my kids and the guy on top of me will die.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If anyone does dare to riot I feel for them as they will be quick work for the police state of Florida in 2013. Like dogs eating flies. This is not the 80s people.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join