It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida braces for possible race riots after Zimmerman trial - RT

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So, the Black Panther's are going to lead their "people" in to an armageddeon of DHS martial law and killings - by the "first black president".

Nothing that we haven't seen coming.

I'd say that if violence breaks out in anything like a coordinated way for places and the way it comes about, the New Black Panther Party would be the place to check and look real hard at for who might have played a role in setting the stage from the 'raging rioters' side of things. I've got a few Youtubes in one of my playlists of the Panthers at their recent worst. Calling for murder to "whitey" and all "cracker babies"..that kind of filth. All out on public streets. It wouldn't matter to mention except that the NBPP has already inserted itself into the Zimmerman situation and almost from the start.

I hope it all fizzles out without much action. Excitement is okay but riots do nothing but break stuff and hurt people.

The "Black Panther Party" is worse than even the Westboro Baptist Church cretans, imo....in that they incite and promote actual violence.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Prosecution has lied a number a times and here is one more example:

IT is the middle of the night in DARKNESS a someone wearing a hooded sweatshirt was profiled?

Profiled?

Hello?

Middle of the night in DARKNESS Zimmerman has no clue who the hell it was.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

They have to make it sound that way, right? After all, Murder requires SOME degree of premeditation. He had none. They have to show it though. Somehow... he has to appear to have had SOME degree or forethought and planning to the eventual outcome or reckless indifference while knowing it could well turn out that way.

Either one is a Fail...but I'll give the prosecution credit for trying. Of course, they'd get marks off back in the Jury room for that stunt if I were a member of the Jury....but what else can they do with such a boner of a case? They have to at least make it look good and just hope 6 women could be snowed.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I know there is no set time for a jury decision but how long will it be to we have an answer?
Days?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taggart
I know there is no set time for a jury decision but how long will it be to we have an answer?
Days?

The longer it takes is might be a good sign for the defense.

The quicker they come to a decision works for the prosecution.

IMO.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Middle of the night??? He was pronounced dead around 7:30. Where are people getting this from?

Must need a way to make his death seem more legit, right?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benoit84
reply to post by neo96

Middle of the night??? He was pronounced dead around 7:30. Where are people getting this from?

And Sunset was around 6:20 .

Which means what?

Darkness?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benoit84
reply to post by neo96

The sun set at 6:20 pm that day.
As far as I know.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

And besides, all the old folks will be yelling at them to get off their property.

What about alligators to deter a riot? Release a couple where the valuable stuff is...no one would steal a tv if theres a 6ft gator guarding it.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And? Does that make it the middle of the night?

People can't even get their basic facts straight about this case, and wonder why there is potential for riots. Black people want to talk tough online because they think a white guy may get away with murdering one of their own, even though he isn't white. White guys want to talk tough online about how they'll be ready to pick any rioters of while believing Z pretty much did the world a favor by taking a thug off the street who shouldn't have been ouside in the middle of the night, even though he wasn't. Stupidity on both sides.

Maybe if more people used their brains instead of thinking with their prejudice, we wouldn't need this thread at all!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Benoit84

People can't even get their basic facts straight about this case,

Totally agree!

As Zimmerman is hispanic.

Soooo back to the race baiting.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is just the result of sensationalist media reporting for the past year and a half. Ratings and race baiting.

if you do want to see it as a race case, GZ is not white, he's hispanic or at most mixed race. black on hispanic violence is nothing new in this country.

according to the FL law, anyone can use deadly force even without any sustaining injuries. of course GZ's mistake was not having a video recording device with him and thinking he's in control of the situation because he had a gun. nobody calls the cops who are minutes away and then goes to murder someone so this was a very unfortunate case of self-defense and over-confidence - both TM and GZ are to blame for it.

so if there's any rioting then it's pointless - because in this case "the man" is actually on the side of the blacks, prosecuting GZ for shooting TM. unlike other cases, there was no white authority figure shooting an unarmed man being caught on tape as completely unjustified use of force. any blacks going after the "crackers" will only make the black community look bad in the end - that's why some of the black community leaders have been appealing for calm.

i'm hoping in the future the guidelines for neighborhood watches are revamped so that people either walk in groups or stay in their cars until the cops come and always carry recording devices. maybe add some mandatory self-defense classes for close combat too.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

An employee with the Florida state attorney’s office who testified that he was concerned prosecutors withheld certain evidence from George Zimmerman’s defense team has been fired.

State Attorney employee fired

Did Zimmerman get a 'fair' trial?

Nope not even close.
edit on 13-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
White cops beat a black criminal...black people riot. A hispanic kills a black kid...black people will riot. Maybe there is an obvious parallel here.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
White cops beat a black criminal...black people riot. A hispanic kills a black kid...black people will riot. Maybe there is an obvious parallel here.

Football team wins a Cup..white people riot, Ice Hockey team get beat white people riot...Black people dont hold a Monopoly on rioting.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
New Black Panther Party allegedly busing mobs to Sanford, Florida for expected riots

www.qstarnews.com...

Now some of you may say that isn't true and little information to back it up but as this entire trial indicates, it isn't all about the facts, it is about perceptions.....and I have seen many facebook postings of people getting their firearms ready for action.

Some might say this is what "they" want. Which is why Trayvon's dead body is being shown "accidentally" on television.
edit on 13-7-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Creepier still is it only takes 4 out of 6 to convict, sounds like real live justice hey?.

Justice, Good old boy redneck florida style justice.

I was in the middle of this form of "Justice" once, I was terrified that a jury of my "Peers" would decide my fate, because I had met so, so many stupid people while I was down there.

I voiced this to my attorney, and she promptly refused to represent me, and believe this?, she gave me back my money!.

IMO Zimmerman is innocent of the murder/manslaughter charges, when one is physically attacked all bets are off, and if the aggressor is killed, it's his own damned fault for being aggressive and violent.

If Martin would not have been killed, there is a strong possibility he would have been charged as an adult for aggravated assault.....

So why is this all even happening?, ........

A jury is indeed risky, even more so these days when so few even understand the basis for our freedom, and are more concerned with some stupid show than the loss of freedom taking place around them. I agree that he's innocent, and this trial should never have taken place! Martin was guilty of a felony assault, and could have been tried as an adult.

Originally posted by pslr2301

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by darkbake

Interesting article, but they made one error - there are only six jurors, not twelve. Don't ask me how that's possible.

My husband and I wondered the same thing about the 6 jurors. We found this...

For many years, the Constitution was interpreted as guaranteeing a trial by a 12-member jury. However, in Williams v. Florida, a Supreme Court ruling in 1970, it was decided that at least six persons is "large enough to promote group deliberation, free from outside intimidation, and to provide a fair possibility for obtaining a cross-section of the community."

It was also noted in the ruling that there is "no discernible difference between the results reached by the two different-sized juries." However, in Ballew v. Georgia, the Supreme Court ruled in 1978 that reducing the number of jurors below six created a "substantial threat" to the sixth amendment.

Zimmerman's trial follows Florida statute 913.10 which says "twelve persons shall constitute a jury to try all capital cases, and six persons shall constitute a jury to try all other criminal cases."
Source

I personally do not believe that 6 jurors, all women, 5 of them white, represent a significant layout of the United States. I understand that they might have felt that, by having only women in the jury, that the women might feel more (or less?) sympathetic to Martin as he was a "child". I haven't been keeping up with the trial and honestly had not even really looked into any of it until late yesterday afternoon. As such, I have not formed an opinion on "who done it" (was Zimmerman justified?) yet.

As for the OP, I hope that there will not be rioting, but even I am ashamed to live in the U.S. sometimes. The possibility exists, and that possibility is very good that it will turn ugly. Because, that is how many people in the U.S. are.... ugly, mean, selfish, argumentative, entitled, spoiled, etc.. It is a shame, but it is just what I see.

Appreciate the details on that; hadn't had time to look it up. Seems a bit off, and more than a little lazy. You might be right about the all-woman jury. However, as a woman that could easily fit into that group, I say Zimmerman is innocent. If my teen had ever acted like Martin did, he would have been too busy dealing with me to be out beating people up. I really hope things don't turn ugly down there; I have family and friend in Florida.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

Originally posted by Superhans
lol race riots, really?
Lets be honest here, when is the last time you have seen a bunch of white people destroy their own neighborhood when they got news they didn't like?

why would they do that? They usually live in the good houses.

When they get news they don't like... they go destroy somebody *else's* neighborhood... by the dozens.
edit on 12-7-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

Really? Links to that? The only such behavior I ever see isn't by groups of whites.

Plus, what is this nonsense about whites living in "the good houses"? What a ridiculous statement! People live where they can afford, and being white doesn't give you a free nice house.

lol race riots, really?
Lets be honest here, when is the last time you have seen a bunch of white people destroy their own neighborhood when they got news they didn't like?

why would they do that? They usually live in the good houses.

When they get news they don't like... they go destroy somebody *else's* neighborhood... by the dozens.
edit on 12-7-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

Nice try but no... Ever see them trash the trailer park because they don't agree with something?

The trailer park is already trashy, but you know that's not the white people I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the white people that make entire countries white, when originally they were native African, Indian, Aborigine, Middle Eastern etc etc...

They don't just trash other people's neighborhoods... they flat out steal them.

Please list these all-white nations. We all await!

There is no such place. Even in the United States, which is NOT "all white", there is clear evidence, that the Amerinds try to conceal, that Caucasoid peoples were here long before they were. Please, get a clue.
edit on 13-7-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: added response

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
I wish I could wake up in a world where everyone thought everyone was equal and there was no racism because quite frankly it's ****** ANNOYING! This man murdered an unarmed child, he should be put to death. No one has the right to walk up on a stranger and demand to know what he is doing, your not GOD mother ****** now do us all a favor and go kill yourself Zimmerman.

Wow, biased much?

The ONLY racist comments were from Martin, who attacked a man because he didn't like his color, and didn't like being spotted casing houses. Unarmed? No; he armed himself with a concrete sidewalk and his fists, and was reaching for a gun. Plus, seventeen is not a "child", but practically an adult. You don't get to beat someone up for asking you a question, and if you think that's acceptable, expect trouble.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join