It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida braces for possible race riots after Zimmerman trial - RT

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Originally posted by Hollie

Originally posted by WaterBottle
lol@ people seriously thinking something is going to happen and being afraid

Uh huh.

www.wnd.com...

lol @ reading WND

Anyway, if you live your life afraid of black mobs then you must live a very sheltered life.

Here in Milwaukee I woman was beat up at a festival for playing a jazz song. The black women who jumped her felt only a black person should play a certain song.

It is time to wake up and see the cold hard truth something is very wrong inside the black culture. And no this is not the entire culture but many blacks today are very racist. I wonder what Mr. King would say. I bet he would preach love and tolerance. We need men like him again in these troubled times.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
No matter what the outcome of this trial is, Mr. Z and family will have to move out of the area and probably out of the state of FL. As for his guilt, I vote guilty of manslaughter. You can also bet Travon's family will sue for unlawful death damages. It worked against OJ on much less evidence.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CT_Flyboy

Didn't they already get a million in a settlement?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I found this and thought it might be interesting to some folks. It's from a Time Magazine article in 1989 following the riots at that time.

Behind a facade of glitzy beach-front hotels, Miami is a seething melting pot of impoverished blacks and immigrants from Latin America and the Caribbean. Last week, for the fourth time in a decade, the melting pot boiled over. On the night of the national holiday honoring Martin Luther King Jr. and as the city was preparing to play host to the Super Bowl, a Colombian-born policeman shot and killed a black motorcyclist speeding through the streets of Overtown, a ghetto just northwest of downtown. A passenger riding on the rear of the motorcycle was fatally injured in the resulting crash. The incident triggered two nights of arson, looting and random shootings that spread from Overtown to the nearby black ghetto

By the time the rioting subsided, one looter had been killed, 22 people had been wounded, and property damage was estimated at $1 million. Police arrested 385, mostly for looting. The toll was modest, compared with the 18 killed, 400 wounded and $100 million in devastation wrought by the Miami of 1980. But like the '80 melee and conflagrations in '82 and '84, last week's upheaval brought into sharp focus the tensions that have grown for nearly three decades between native-born blacks and new arrivals from Cuba, Haiti and now Nicaragua.
Source

It is a bad time for general discontent with people on the edge anyway about all kinds of things. I suppose Florida and Miami in particular does have reason and history to be somewhat concerned.

I guess we can all rest assured though. They practiced for all this ..and so recently, too..

U.S. Military, Miami Police Staged An Urban Training Exercise With Diving Blackhawks & Machine Gun Fire

Remember?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So, the Black Panther's are going to lead their "people" in to an armageddeon of DHS martial law and killings - by the "first black president".

Nothing that we haven't seen coming.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

So, the Black Panther's are going to lead their "people" in to an armageddeon of DHS martial law and killings - by the "first black president".

The police never charged him in the first place, then when they did, the prosecutor was so shady in the way they acted, the judge has been questionable, but it still seems like a farce. They covered up the dead boys drug use, his "gangsta" lifestyle he was trying to imitate, and attempted to paint him with a brush of innocence.

All the while Jackson and Sharpton are blowing the horns of war. Now we have the leader of the black panthers putting a $10,000 bounty on Zimmerman's head and saying that black people should kill the first "cracker" they see. (funny enough Zimmerman is Spanish) by their definition, the president is white.

To put things in perspective, since this happened:

(throughout the country)

*Two black teenagers while robbing a woman threatened to kill her baby and when she didn't pay, they did.
^^Jackson and Sharpton were mum on that issue.
*A black man dressed up in KKK wear, holding a sign that read: in the entire history of the organization, they are only responsible for the deaths of about the same number that is killed every 6 months with black on black crime.
*People ignoring rational thought, protested all over in support of Martin being a thug.

(within the parties involved)

*The Martin family sold out their dead son to make money.
*Evidence of what Martin was really like, has come to light, and 17 is a grown ass man in many circumstances, he wanted to act like one only when it was convenient to him.
*The only racist person in the case was Martin, Zimmerman might be agist by calling him a "Punk" or "Thug", but it was Martin who called him a "Creepy ass cracker".

This is an inflated issue. Race baiting by media, the white house, politicians...

It's brutal. And all the people claiming racial disparity here seem to be the most racist. People dressed up in hoodies in "unity"
,instead, they should have posed with illegal drugs, guns and flashed gang signs with their "grill" in mouth.

Cause that's what Martin was about.

This wasn't a scholarly young fellow, mistaken as a hoodlum because he was black. It was a wannabe thug/"gangsta", who had just got in a fight recently, lied about it, involved in illegal gun trade, drug trade, etc.

So what's the point of it all? Get the black community all riled up on an issue they don't have a leg to stand on until force has to come hammering down on them to smack some sense into everyone? I don't know.

The whole thing is very sickly played by whoever socially engineered it.

edit on 13-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by CT_Flyboy

Didn't they already get a million in a settlement?

Yes, they got a million from the Homeowners Association rumoured to be more than a million.

Although, she was trying to get trademarks on her son's name and slogans that popped up by supporters. No telling how much that could bring in lawsuits against anyone who sold tshirts. And in the future "Stop Violence for Trayvon" foundation that solicits money from the public. (Ignoring the fact that the kid was violent, and the parents may have supplied him with illegal firearms.)

Fulton, Trayvon Martin’s mother is pursuing to trademark words with her son’s name.

According to applications filed with the US Patent and Trademark Office, the phrases “I am Trayvon” and “Justice for Trayvon” were submitted the family’s attorney confirmed last week.

Fulton plans on using the slogans for DVDs and CDs memorializing the murdered teenager.

Many critics believe the mother’s attempt to capitalize on her son’s death is in bad taste, but Trayvon’s name has been appearing on t-shirts and hoodies across America.

rt.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Its not really a race issue, not even for the blacks who are claiming it is. Its a stupid person issue, a stupid person will always find the stupidest excuse to do stupid things and for all their shortcomings in life. Stupid blacks will blame racism when they can't find a job and stupid whites will blame "them foreigners" for taking their jobs.
The only difference here is the amount of political correctness the media shoves down everyone's throat on a daily basis has created and allowance for that small portion black community to do and say things to add fuel to the fire.
There are probably going to be problems after this no matter what the outcome, even if its murder and he gets death there will be some sort of victory riot afterwards.

Oh trust me I know, but it's been made one inexplicably.my black friend posted that he thought Zimmerman was innocent on a forum on Your Black World and he got a barrage of "you're self hating and I feel for you" and no different than the "racist whites". I agree. If it's guilty there will be "celebrations" that end in violence, and if he's not guilty even more so. The people that want to riot could give a # less about the case or Trayvon. Especially whe you have racists like miss ali on t.v. nightly.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
I have a question...
Why is there no speculation of rioting if Zimmerman is found guilty? A lot of people believe he should be acquitted. If he is convicted, those people will feel outrage of their own. But no one assumes any danger of race riots from that. Only from him being found innocent.

Why?

You probably missed some of my posts, but I have speculated celebratory incidents, not sure if they could be called riots but the possiblity remains.

Kind of like when you see Cities sports teams win the championship. Cars burned, stores looted. I would call that a riot but others wouldn't. The media would say something like, "celebrations that have gotten out of hand".

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Don't think there will be any riots come on a female judge all female jury the personalization of Martin the clinical character assassination of Zimmerman.

If by some miracle Zimmerman does get off?

It will truly be a miracle.
Yeah, I'm worried he won't. I think the jury will be split 4 for not guilty and 2 for guilty. I also think they should have been informed manslaughter with a gun could give him a crazy sentence, and this jusge is biased and will throw the book. I do think he will go free, I'm just afraid it will be on an appeal, chared to appease the idiots. Even though the majorty of people (polls at 70 percent say not guilty) yet on these talking head shows their "juries" all had most say guilty. I saw the best discussion last night on Hannity( who I despise) where it was a "jury" of lawyers and most said no way he should be charged. The jury should have gotten to know about Martins past so they could understand why he might be suspicious and would have no problem jumping Zim. I think once they are no longer sequestered and see the evidnece the judge kept out they wil be kicking themselves.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Hell they have pulled the "I have a dream card" in prosecution, and a writer compared Rachel Jeantel to Harriet Tubam for christ sake.

Hmm helped free slaves is kinda like lying on the stand to convict an innocent man I guess.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by darkbake

The race riot thing is just RT trying to make Americans look like racist aholes. Honestly, my firm believe is that RT is the *new* KGB propaganda outlet. I do like some of their reporting, as they will cover things that western media will not, but it's still as bad as the western propagandists over here.

I haven't seen any concrete evidence of racial tensions which could erupt into a race riot from this case. If it does occur, then it was manufactured.

~Tenth

I agree with you tenth...I tend to listen to Current TV from time to time, and I turn on RT occasionally....RT seems to bash America and Europe often, and yet not one bad story about Russia. I think everybody should be wary of what they are being told ON ANY broadcast media outlet. the problem I have with the biggest TV news media companies, is that very rarely will a commentator challenge a guest speaker, even if it's an outright lie.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
Yes, the media does seem fired up for unrest, which makes this so suspicious -

Graphic Leaked Image of Trayvon Martin's Body Shocks Viewers

On Thursday evening, MSNBC's trial coverage accidentally showed a graphic courtroom image of 17-year old Trayvon Martin's body soon after he was fatally shot in the chest by Zimmerman. The image was picked up by Gawker and published on Friday morning in an article titled, "This, Courtesy of MSNBC, Is Trayvon Martin's Dead Body. Get Angry."

Do you think it really was an accident?

www.policymic.com...

edit on 12-7-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

In things like this....that was no "accident"...even if it were so called "live" broadcast...there is a time delay. They could have prevented that from being shown if they had wanted to....it was on purpose. The media...and especially MSNBC are fanning the race flames...they WANT to see trouble...it sells airtime.

Either that or some certain administration "needs" them to fan those flames...so that unrest raises and possible riots...and "voila!"...we have an excuse for lockdowns and police parading through the streets...just like we saw in Boston. It's what they want and they are getting pushy to get it...

edit on 7/13/2013 by Damian65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Don't think there will be any riots come on a female judge all female jury the personalization of Martin the clinical character assassination of Zimmerman.

Yeah, I'm worried he won't. I think the jury will be split 4 for not guilty and 2 for guilty. I also think they should have been informed manslaughter with a gun could give him a crazy sentence, and this jusge is biased and will throw the book. I do think he will go free, I'm just afraid it will be on an appeal, chared to appease the idiots. Even though the majorty of people (polls at 70 percent say not guilty) yet on these talking head shows their "juries" all had most say guilty. I saw the best discussion last night on Hannity( who I despise) where it was a "jury" of lawyers and most said no way he should be charged. The jury should have gotten to know about Martins past so they could understand why he might be suspicious and would have no problem jumping Zim. I think once they are no longer sequestered and see the evidnece the judge kept out they wil be kicking themselves.

so, if I saw you walking around my neighborhood, could I consider you suspicious of trying to rob a house? and if I walked over to you and ask WTF are you doing here, and you didn't like that and punched me, could I then shoot you?....wow!!....come on over to my neighborhood, I need the target practice.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Im on the west coast of florida
& nobody is worried about tthe blacks
rioting & such

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

so, if I saw you walking around my neighborhood, could I consider you suspicious of trying to rob a house? and if I walked over to you and ask WTF are you doing here, and you didn't like that and punched me, could I then shoot you?....wow!!....come on over to my neighborhood, I need the target practice.

if you saw me on a cold rainy night, milling around looking or looking in people's windows then as soon as i saw you checking me out. i started to walk away, then when you pull up and park behind me, which scares me and i tell the girl i'm talking to on the phone, t hat a crazy a@@ cracker is following me. i turn around and walk up check you out and circle your car and take off running, the opposite way, heading towards what you think is the back entrance, but what you really don't know is i'm staying in a house just around that corner before you get to that back entrance. but i don't go into that house and call 911 myself, no i come back to where the last place i saw you.

then you after calling 911 and you saying ok to "we don't need you to follow," start to head back to your truck, and i step out from the bushes behind you startling you, walk up to you and ask why you are following me and ask what your problem is and you say i don't have a problem, while your saying this i bust you in your nose and break it. then we start to tussle and roll around on the ground, and i wind up getting on top of you and start pounding on you and smash the back of your head on the concrete sidewalk. during this whole time i'm pounding your head, your screaming for help over and over and when you think that help has come all he does is tell me to stop and he is going to call the cops, and goes back inside.

now with your hopes that help will come and when it does it just turns and leaves, and you managed to get to your gun

Please shoot me, cause i'm gonna to continue to wail on you and F... You up as bad as i can and maybe Even Kill You.

edit on 13-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I've watched every second of the trial live online (not HLN- that channel is useless). This case and the dialogue surrounding it reveal just how racist blacks are and how they blindly take a stance without even looking at the facts. The fact that they are screaming "guilty" reminds me of a) their stance on the O.J. not guilty verdict, and b) the reason they voted for Obama. If I were to ask the average black person "why did you vote for Obama?", their answer by and large would be "because he's black". And somehow they can make such statements without recourse. However, if I were asked "why did you vote for Mitt Romney/Ron Paul, etc", and I gave the exact same answer as them- "because Obama is black", what do you think the backlash would be? And the O.J. verdict issue is self explanatory.

Anyone with any level of intelligence who watched any portion of the trial realizes that the prosecution did not even come remotely close to proving beyond a reasonable doubt that George Zimmerman did not act in self defense. And the judge was horribly biased to boot, don't let these moronic legal talking heads on television convince you otherwise. The fact that GZ's past with taking self defense courses was admissible (and somehow construed as him having "hate in his heart" via being a "wannabe cop") and the fact that Trayvon's history with violence and racism (texts, videos of him officiating street fights etc) were not allowed, is just ridiculous. I hope GZ is rightfully found not guilty, but I fear that the black community there and elsewhere just may live up to their reputation and target whites in violent assaults.

Ultimately, this case should never even have been prosecuted in the first place.
edit on 13-7-2013 by Hendrick99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I guess I have more faith in people than most. I have faith that most white and hispanic people won't riot if Zimmerman is found guilty, I have faith that most black people won't riot if he's found innocent. I think there will be a few morons regardless of the outcome and tensions in Sanford itself had been rising before Trayvon Martin died so it may be worse there. Nationally?

There may be some protests whatever the verdict. Riots? No. Race war? LOL. The only people that are so sure that there will be race wars, have been so sure since the 60's or fallen in line with that mentality, they're the only ones that scream and cry about race baiting and claim if you say the word white or the word black that you're playing the race card and morons of all colors have this mentality, I've known black people who to this day say that 'my people' will get 'them' and I've known white people so sure that anyone non white is more primal that they can't help it and it'll come to a head blah blah blah. All of them were just ignorant, hate consumed morons.

Sure some media hypes race, the defense and prosecution did as well. I have faith that most people are above it.
edit on 13-7-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I really hope that isn't the case, I hope their wrong anyway the media is to blame for inflaming
this whole situation from start to finish.
My question is why this case why did they pick this one out of all the murders that has happened in our country why the media chose this particular case to blow out of proportion?

This is lynch mob mentality at it's finest.

edit on 13-7-2013 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

I'd say that if violence breaks out in anything like a coordinated way for places and the way it comes about, the New Black Panther Party would be the place to check and look real hard at for who might have played a role in setting the stage from the 'raging rioters' side of things. I've got a few Youtubes in one of my playlists of the Panthers at their recent worst. Calling for murder to "whitey" and all "cracker babies"..that kind of filth. All out on public streets. It wouldn't matter to mention except that the NBPP has already inserted itself into the Zimmerman situation and almost from the start.

I hope it all fizzles out without much action. Excitement is okay but riots do nothing but break stuff and hurt people.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join