It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida braces for possible race riots after Zimmerman trial - RT

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

yep it's free merchandize, there are tons of people just waiting for that to happen.

i like your picture.

i remember back during the LA roits, i was watching the news, and they showed a guy going down the street, flipping a new washing machine end for end still in the box.

i wonder if he really thought it would still work when he got it home.
i wish i could find a picture of that.

i also remember the korean store owners up on the roofs of their stores with rifles holding the looters off.

edit on 12-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

no i think that he'll leave the country with all the millions he's gonna make off of NBC and CNN and the book deals and movie rights. and live like a king.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Here is the Public Service Announcement issued directly by the Broward County Sheriffs Office:

The Broward Sheriff’s Office, working closely with the Sanford Police Department and other local law enforcement agencies, has coordinated a response plan in anticipation of the verdict.

“We don’t have information about a specific event that might take place at the conclusion of the trial, but we encourage everyone to keep any protests peaceful,” Sheriff Scott Israel said.

Members of the BSO Strategic Investigation Division have been monitoring the pulse of the situation, maintaining open lines of communication with community leaders, civic activists, members of the clergy, as well as local, state and federal agencies.
www.sheriff.org...

According to their homepage...
they're already on the lookout for a 'Two-Time Concrete-Throwing Thug." Haha.

I can see why they might be a little concerned about the possibilities of a riot after the verdict.
I'm sure 'Capt.-Concrete' will be out in full force if things start to go sour. Lolol!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by seabag

yep it's free merchandize, there are tons of people just waiting for that to happen.

i like your picture.

i remember back during the LA roits, i was watching the news, and they showed a guy going down the street, flipping a new washing machine end for end still in the box.

i wonder if he really thought it would still work when he got it home.
i wish i could find a picture of that.

i also remember the korean store owners up on the roofs of their stores with rifles holding the looters off.

Assault rifles, that some claim citizens have "no use for".

The rioting and looting is for free stuff, and to try and scare people into accepting bad behavior.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I can't help but wonder which of the media outlets will be first to wonder why, if no riots occur, no riots happened...

This whole sordid little episode was a media driven happening... ...and all too many of us took the bait, hook line and sinker...

The 24 hour news cycles triumph again...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

When a criminal like Trayvon gets shot and killed, the African-American community (not all mind you) is up in arms and threatening race riots. Just because the criminal was black.

Yet, when two young innocent white folks get tortured and murdered by a group of blacks, no one says a word.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I dont see how how rasicism and Racial tension is ment to end when one groups is determined to riot?

It just causes more hatred and tensions and it just enforces a sterotype

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Well relationships between Blacks and Browns does need some work. Black and white relationship is a hopeless cause. Whites and brown relations are not as bad as Blacks and browns yet. Whites, Blacks and Brown alike are against Radical Islam(technically Brown too I guess).

But regardless, I believe the U.S. government is the biggest contributor in creating situations to keep race tension high in this country, but for the life of me I do not know why.

Me personally, I judge by actions not color. Trash is Trash regardless of color.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Never underestimate the potential for a protest to become a riot.

People are solely focusing on what people are saying on the internet about the potential verdict, but no one is considering that most riots come about due to escalation of protest by violent response.

I would be less concerned about the threats of a riot if the wrong result (in their opinion) comes, and more concerned about the overreaction of the police who might be EXPECTING and preparing for a violent confrontation.

If there is a protest, and someone is harmed by the police and an over reaction because of this tension, that could very well lead to something more considerable.

Just look at what happened in the UK. That started off as a peaceful protest, the police showed utter disrespect to the community, and the youth began a riot in that street that soon spread across the country. You can argue about the motivations of those around the nation all you like, but the fact is that it started with a peaceful protest against the injustice of police behaviour. Others saw it, they saw that the police were outnumbered and incapable of stopping them, and thousands joined in.

Whether you think it's going to happen or not, there are too many variables. The most important thing to focus on is the police response to any real protest and how that can potentially mobilize many more to take action.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
What does it say about people that they will riot if they don't get their way instead of behaving in a civilized manner?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by suz62

It is about more then just this trial. The trial is just the catalyst. The public is at its breaking point.
This: Sublime 1992 Riots

It's getting harder, and harder, and harder each and every year
Some kids went in a store with their mother
I saw her when she came out she was gettin' some Pampers
They said it was for the black man
They said it was for the Mexican
And not for the white man
But if you look at the streets, it wasn't about Rodney King
In this screwed-up situation and these screwed-up police.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Creepier still is it only takes 4 out of 6 to convict, sounds like real live justice hey?.

Justice, Good old boy redneck florida style justice.

I was in the middle of this form of "Justice" once, I was terrified that a jury of my "Peers" would decide my fate, because I had met so, so many stupid people while I was down there.

I voiced this to my attorney, and she promptly refused to represent me, and believe this?, she gave me back my money!.

IMO Zimmerman is innocent of the murder/manslaughter charges, when one is physically attacked all bets are off, and if the aggressor is killed, it's his own damned fault for being aggressive and violent.

If Martin would not have been killed, there is a strong possibility he would have been charged as an adult for aggravated assault.....

So why is this all even happening?, ........

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

lets increase the scope of this Zimmerman trial result...

...Mac Slavo
July 11th, 2013
SHTFplan.com

In preparation for the possibility of an acquittal of George Zimmerman, The New Black Panther Party has reportedly begun a mobilization campaign to target white communities.

According to a recent post on Sodahead, leader Samir Shabazz and the New Black Panthers are preparing to take the fight directly to those guilty of murdering Trayvon Martin – white people living in suburbs all over America.

“This time we’re doing it right… This time we’re not burning down our communities. This time we’re going out to Whitey’s suburbs and burning down HIS community. We’re going to make Whitey feel the pain.”...

Read more at investmentwatchblog.com...

besides the Black Panther NGO threat of terrorism...

the WH itself directed other Govt Agencies to send in Community Organizers to Sanford Fla. to excite the neighborhoods to demand that Zimmerman be put on trial in the first place--- even though his 'Defend Your Ground' rights excluded him from even being prosecuted in the first place...

dog-and-pony show with Zimmerman as scapegoat / condemmed innocent to placate the "I want my Obama-phone" crowd

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Let them. Gets rid of idiots, inbreds, and fools, and frees up resources for more rational, cooler headed thinking people. People who need to riot and make fools of themselves SHOULD BE ALLOWED. After a while, they'll cease to exist, and life can go on.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Any excuse for a riot in the L.A. is a good one. Affirmative Action at its finest.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Interesting article, but they made one error - there are only six jurors, not twelve. Don't ask me how that's possible.

My husband and I wondered the same thing about the 6 jurors. We found this...

For many years, the Constitution was interpreted as guaranteeing a trial by a 12-member jury. However, in Williams v. Florida, a Supreme Court ruling in 1970, it was decided that at least six persons is "large enough to promote group deliberation, free from outside intimidation, and to provide a fair possibility for obtaining a cross-section of the community."

It was also noted in the ruling that there is "no discernible difference between the results reached by the two different-sized juries." However, in Ballew v. Georgia, the Supreme Court ruled in 1978 that reducing the number of jurors below six created a "substantial threat" to the sixth amendment.

Zimmerman's trial follows Florida statute 913.10 which says "twelve persons shall constitute a jury to try all capital cases, and six persons shall constitute a jury to try all other criminal cases."
Source

I personally do not believe that 6 jurors, all women, 5 of them white, represent a significant layout of the United States. I understand that they might have felt that, by having only women in the jury, that the women might feel more (or less?) sympathetic to Martin as he was a "child". I haven't been keeping up with the trial and honestly had not even really looked into any of it until late yesterday afternoon. As such, I have not formed an opinion on "who done it" (was Zimmerman justified?) yet.

As for the OP, I hope that there will not be rioting, but even I am ashamed to live in the U.S. sometimes. The possibility exists, and that possibility is very good that it will turn ugly. Because, that is how many people in the U.S. are.... ugly, mean, selfish, argumentative, entitled, spoiled, etc.. It is a shame, but it is just what I see.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Gee, sounds like a whole lot of idiots out there willing to bring mayhem onto people who are guilty of nothing other than not being black.

Gee, sounds a tad prejudicial, I would love it if they showed up out here, it would be fun picking them off.

Just sayin.....

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpy

There's always an excuse for it, isn't there.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'm disgusted that people would be willing to riot over something like this and not over something like NSA spying on people. People are ready to riot over something that has zero effect on them yet when the government invades their privacy everyone just goes about their business. Such BS...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Wait a minute.
A black-power mob complains about ... racism, and wants to put their anger out on ... white communities?

Why do they even care if it's not for the skin color of the murdered person (black) combined with the skin color of the defendant (white)?
Why are they intending to put their anger out on white people in general?

And most important of all, how can they be so idiotic to accuse anyone else of racism?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join