It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

If you can prove it then go for it.

That wouldn't serve any "good" purpose, so I'm sorry that I brought it up.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by BenReclused

From where I sit, it looks you're trying to use "God" as the "Satan" of "Atheism". I don't quite "getcha", but that's okay... I'll get over it.

We are not helpless. We have brains, and hearts, and bodies. It would be a shame if we wasted our greatest gift of all - the ability to create meaning within ourselves. We are strong. We are independent. We don't need anyone to make a meaning for us. We can do it ourselves, and we should.

Here is what you are missing, some of us have already come into 'self awareness' and in so being can understand the "concept" of god without denying its existance completely, march step in belief of it, its more an acceptance of the truth of such as relates individually. Your above statement sounds VERY IMMATURE, "we are independent, We dont need anyone to make a meaning for us. We can do it ourselves."

Well, WE have and do not have to try as hard as you seem to be, struggling. Im having problem with your understanding of Moral ejudification; do you have any favorites, John Stuart Mill? anyone? Are you a moral person?
edit on 25-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I suppose that means you can't talk about any books or movie's then.

If those "books or movies" have never existed, I sure as Hell COULDN'T talk about them.

If they are inventions of the mind, and purely fictional, then you can't refer to any of them, correct? I mean, you don't believe they are real, so you can't talk or think about them even though they do exist as an idea...right?

That's only an attempt to distort what I actually said:

As an atheist, you can't, legitimately, refer to God as a basis for any of your beliefs, or thoughts.

I don't agree with that.

"That" was so distorted, neither do I.

I'm going to discuss whatever I feel like discussing, short of breaking T&C's.

I'm glad! Good luck, with that...

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Your above statement sounds VERY IMMATURE, "we are independent, We dont need anyone to make a meaning for us. We can do it ourselves."

That's not how it sounded when I read about America's emancipation. We celebrate it annually, in fact. INDEPENDENCE Day.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

In referring to any deity, I am not establishing it as a basis of reality. I am either utilizing an aspect of its character profile or arguing against its validity as an anchor for a progressive society.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Are you a moral person?

Do I need to have a god to have morals?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

You should have opened the play dates to a third party. One that was of the opposite belief system. That would have been fair. Are you preaching to him on a regular basis now (support system of some kind), or have you abandoned him, or set up some kind of "circular round discussion group setting" in your front parlor? EVERYONES INVITED! ITS FUN, Topics include: "THE SELF DESTRUCTION OF THE SOUL" (implemented by others), "NO HOPE", oh and this one "YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW FREE YOU WILL BE AFTER RENOUNCING YOUR CREATOR" (why? because I said so, I have proof there is no God that will be my next thread).

And you're giving me lectures on maturity? That post was just an excuse to attack me again. Please, bring forth your evidence that I am wrong, or cease your juvenile assaults.
edit on 25-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Your above statement sounds VERY IMMATURE, "we are independent, We dont need anyone to make a meaning for us. We can do it ourselves."

That's not how it sounded when I read about America's emancipation. We celebrate it annually, in fact. INDEPENDENCE Day.

Well, you are obviously not a reincarnated 'founding father', because those individuals were Freemasons that held great their faith in their (GOD+GEOMETRY equals what?), and understand the teachings of the Essenes, the Gnostic, not included in King James Version. But, you do not know of the Gnostic Texts and the relevance to the Templars (Scottish Rite).

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

They believed enough in independence to start a new nation and rebel against the crown of their former rulers. Perhaps it is time that we do the same on an entirely different front...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

They believed enough in independence to start a new nation and rebel against the crown of their former rulers. Perhaps it is time that we do the same on an entirely different front...

Considering all the work had already been accomplished 200 years ago; Id like to hear from your cabinet (democratically elected), your advisors and your PAC or (FRONT DIFFERENT) that is funding the overthrow of all things Religious. How does one do this without creating a cult, church and state already being separate (not your doing, founding fathers did that for you), so half the battle is won. Your new nation would be here??; taking over Texas, as it is the lone star state LARGE territory and very independent, they might just roll over and give you their hard won (spanish/native american wars) territory to occupy; sounds completey reasonable. American Samoa sounds like a better plan (the more isolated a potencial nationalistic 'FRONT' threat the better). You will have to have boats with oars, people to man them,"Life Jackets" a good Evinrude outboard engine (as backup power, on the stern attached with bolts). Sounds like an adventure. Not to turn into a Spam filled terror island scenario.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Originally posted by Akragon

Moot Point...

Sorry that just bugs me...

WELL... YIPPEE! Someone caught ME MAKING A MISTAKE! Should I honor you with a star?

And, that doesn't "bug" ME, in the least...

See ya,
Milt

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Are you a moral person?

That wasnt the answer. The question was does God have morals. You would say no, because God does not exist. So you being yourself, do you have morals that outsmart God, or at least re-impliment what IT might have intended for Mankind (in its nonexistance). You can take the place of the NON ENTITY, who is your favorite Moralist? Samuel Clemmens? OSCAR WILDE? CONFUSIOUS?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by Akragon

Moot Point...

WELL... YIPPEE! Someone caught ME MAKING A MISTAKE! Should I honor you with a star?

See ya,
Milt

NOPE, MUTE WAS THE CORRECT WORD USAGE, moot means to nulify MUTE means to silence.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

lol... there is no such thing as a mute point...

A silent point is no point at all...

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by Akragon

Moot Point...

See ya,
Milt

See ya,
Milt

Well that's alright... It bugs me...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

You want me to compare my morals to the principles of a non existent being? Would you like me to judge my artwork by the standards of a painting that has not been painted? Perhaps I should compare my car with a futuristic model that doesn't exist in real life.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

You want me to compare my morals to the principles of a non existent being? Would you like me to judge my artwork by the standards of a painting that has not been painted? Perhaps I should compare my car with a futuristic model that doesn't exist in real life.

That would be interesting IF YOU COULD PRODUCE THE MAKE AND MODEL, or the design of it. I asked you if you had MORALS is all, and if anyone living that has authored TEXT PUBLISHED (God forbid they are God) you resonate to. Your car may not entertain the same value of a moral equivelant (even of you as the owner), I would be suspicious of a sudden inclination for a "sunday drive", as your car may not remember it has brakes, or a sticky accelerator pedal.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Yes I have morals. I prefer to call them scruples, or " courtesies".
edit on 25-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I don't see the words "I feel" or "in my opinion" in this response.

That's not my fault! I have used the term "I feel", quite often, but I don't need your confirmation of that, so I'm good.

I only see you declaring my statement to be false, as though you have any basis for telling me why I do what I do.

So what? I was still only expressing my thoughts regarding your words, but I don't care if you understand that, or not.

If it were truly simply expressing your thoughts, you wouldn't have made such an absolute statement.

You don't know me very well. I do that ALL the time! That's what makes me a "Troll".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Are you a moral person?

NO YOU MUST KNOW YOURSELF FIRST to understand the difference of needing God, knowing God, or abandoning God. There is something missing here; the concept of embracement (love).

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well that's alright... It bugs me...

Good...

You didn't mention the star, do you want one?

See ya,
Milt

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join