It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by vethumanbeing

AfterInfinity
Yes I have morals. I prefer to call them scruples, or " courtesies".

This IS OBVIOUS
You are confusing MORALS WITH MANNERS.
--no one has bothered in your lifetime to give you the book form of Judith Martins "MISS MANNERS" column pieces syndicated in over 200 newspapers. You missed the manners part. Morals as scruples, or courtesies? I suppose for you morals, manners mean the same thing. As that may be the case (a misunderstanding) What are your thoughts on Immorality?
edit on 25-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

You have a serious anger problem, and I’m not the only poster who has pointed this out to you, albeit slightly more direct, than others…
You are so right about that,you do not even dream what you are dealing with.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

This IS OBVIOUS
You are confusing MORALS WITH MANNERS.

Or maybe I've just decided to lump it all into one label.

You missed the manners part. Morals as scruples, or courtesies? I suppose for you morals, manners mean the same thing. As that may be the case (a misunderstanding) What are your thoughts on Immorality?

Discourteous.

edit on 26-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

NO YOU MUST KNOW YOURSELF FIRST to understand the difference of needing God, knowing God, or abandoning God. There is something missing here; the concept of embracement (love).

So because I'm an atheist, I don't know love? Thin ice there, buddy. You're about to sink.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

So because I'm an atheist, I don't know love? Thin ice there, buddy. You're about to sink.

You're the only one that can answer that! And, your answer shouldn't matter to anyone else. Why do you seem to feel that's such a "big deal"? Don't even answer that for me. Just answer it for yourself.

And, just so ya know: I DON'T FEEL THAT WAY ABOUT YOU.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 26-6-2013 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

You're the only one that can answer that! And, your answer shouldn't matter to anyone else. Why do you seem to feel that's such a "big deal"? Don't even answer that for me. Just answer it for yourself.

It's something of a "mediocre contention" with me in that people actually think atheists are incapable of positive emotion because they don't have a god to inspire such emotion within them. I have friends. I have people I consider to be family. I am as capable of having fun and enjoying jokes and connecting with people as anyone else.

And, just so ya know: I DON'T FEEL THAT WAY ABOUT YOU.

...Eh, what?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

You are so right about that,you do not even dream what you are dealing with.

Do you mean to imply that the below description (as copied from your linked thread) fits me like a glove?

"Ugly are the foolish souls after a great suffering from which they cannot recover ,a certain amount of time or a lifetime,by becoming monstrosities."

Ugliness is not about the physical aspect,but is about the hideousness soul,a soul which has suffered because of the actions of life in chains of events against him or because his actions against himself.

Indeed this ugliness of the soul can have many causes,excessive drama of life facts from which that soul cannot recover ever.

When a daughter or a son is dying or spouse, or someone very close and when that soul is still young.

Or children abused physically or mentally about whose drama no one finds ever and so they became some kind of monstrosities which they torment others.

Because they didn't get psychological advice and treatment at the right time.

This kind of tragedies are part of human life and what is very sad is after the drama has been consumed what can be left behind are foolish souls.

These foolish souls works usually to torment other souls.

This kind of souls can be found all over even here on ATS.

They are very easy to be recognized because they have hate in their words in their eyes and in everything they do.

The worst cases are those of the individuals receiving power,or have the power of decision of the fate of other individuals,entire communities even nations.

Because they abuse the power they have,with hate for the others,this way trying give to those souls a part of their accumulated suffering.

But they can be beautiful persons regarding the physical aspect.

And this is what can be misleading.

Hard to fight against such powerful evil,because he(she) will always find the way to show that ugly part in their desire for power hungry can say that in one way or another sip souls into nothingness.

Indeed hard to fight against such evil.

Because they live in lie with the arguments of lie which they can transform it into an absolute truth.

I am an ugly, hideous monstrosity of a soul that works to torment other souls. That's what you're calling me, right? Wow. That's a mouthful coming from such a pious and righteous and upstanding Christian. Tell me, when did you take your god's place in defining who your fellow man is?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

It's something of a "mediocre contention" with me in that people actually think atheists are incapable of positive emotion because they don't have a god to inspire such emotion within them.

So what? There IS ALSO a strong "contention", even in real life, that treat me as if I'm nothing more that an "Old Troll" too, but I don't get excited about it. I only enjoy getting even... when I feel like it...

I have friends. I have people I consider to be family. I am as capable of having fun and enjoying jokes and connecting with people as anyone else.

That's cool! You sound as "blessed" as I am.

...Eh, what?

I DON'T FEEL THAT YOU: "don't know love"

Why do you seem so surprised, by that?

See ya,
Milt
edit on 26-6-2013 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

So what? There IS ALSO a strong "contention", even in real life, that treat me as if I'm nothing more that an "Old Troll" too, but I don't get excited about it. I only enjoy getting even... when I feel like it...

That's something you'll have to work out with you and yours, if and when you feel the need.

That "surprise" sentiment seems to be your interpretation of something that wasn't addressed to you, which explains why you don't understand it.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

That's something you'll have to work out with you and yours, if and when you feel the need.

That "surprise" sentiment seems to be your interpretation of something that wasn't addressed to you, which explains why you don't understand it.

Why do you INSIST ON being so damned snotty? I've been trying to be nice to you, but you certainly do make that difficult.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Why do you INSIST ON being so damned snotty? I've been trying to be nice to you, but you certainly do make that difficult.

Why do you insist on taking offense at every turn? You asked a question, I gave you my answer. If you don't like the answers, don't ask me questions. You've had your fair share of razor-edged replies, out of honesty, I'm sure. I've done nothing but respond out of the same honesty.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You asked a question, I gave you my answer. If you don't like the answers, don't ask me questions.

You didn't answer either of those questions. You only expressed your outrage over them.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You didn't answer either of those questions. You only expressed your outrage over them.

What questions?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I did answer those questions. You just didn't accept the answers. Or you don't understand them. In the former case, I'm afraid I can't help you. In the latter case, just ask and I'll clarify.

I'd like to add that I'm not really sure what either question has to do with the actual topic...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I can't believe this thread has lasted as long as it has... Afterinfinity my hats off to you~ Reading these responses is like a night at the Apollo.

Ultimately what does it matter if a catholic converted to atheism? It doesn't, it also doesn't mean that atheists don't believe in a after life. Did anyone bother to carefully read the OP???

Ultimately it was that individuals choice to feel the need renounce his religion and to gain a new perspective to what he was indocterinated as fact from a young age. Is this wrong? NO~

I'm not Atheist so my question is now: Why the flock are you guys getting so bent out of shape over this? The least you can do is Flag the man for continually coming back to debate him for the past weeks.

As much as it angers some, DOES he not entertain you?
I've been entertained reading these responses...

My only comment and I will now continue reading post responses.... Sorry if I went off topic infinity~

Just my 2 pennies~

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I would have liked to engage in more stimulating conversation, rather than pointless back-and-forth that detracts from the potential of this thread. The more we go along, the more we lose sight of the actual topic.

But it is ATS, after all. These forums are nothing if not crazed and erratic. Gems can be found in the most unexpected of places, so we shouldn't be too surprised if this thread somehow gains traction again. I will be most relieved, personally. I still think there is much to discuss here, if only enough interest can be garnered.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I think your absolutely correct, seems as though religious fanatics who are the cause of religious wars came out from the woodworks and became more than hot and bothered.

Your OP makes sense, I'm not about to denounce my belief in a higher power by any means but definately posed atheism in a different light than what I accustumed atheism as. For that, I thank you because I've met some atheist that couldn't hold water and just wanted punch... repeatedly...

I'm not any said religion, non-denominational would be the word, maybe I just read the same story to many times over in every religion to realize something else is at work but can't put my finger on it.

To that end, take it easy infinity~
SnF

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

reply to post by sulaw

I would have liked to engage in more stimulating conversation, rather than pointless back-and-forth that detracts from the potential of this thread. The more we go along, the more we lose sight of the actual topic.
But it is ATS, after all. These forums are nothing if not crazed and erratic. Gems can be found in the most unexpected of places, so we shouldn't be too surprised if this thread somehow gains traction again. I will be most relieved, personally. I still think there is much to discuss here, if only enough interest can be garnered.

No, Id say 40% of this thread is talking around the thread and not about the content of the OP. Thats your fault for allowing the free for all; part of the problem is not addressing MANY VALID POINTS contributants are making. Why start a thread that could be valuable (Im not sure youve defended your position), youve got the audience, then ignore them? I know your next question, do the research for you in pinpointing EXACTLY WHOM and what posts I am refering to. They know who they are. You started the fire and could put it out, or reasonably debate it but instead will let it burn itself out (pointless pratter it all then becomes). Youve garnered a lot of fans and I cannot fathom why?
edit on 26-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Dear AfterInfinity,

You know I enjoy talking, but your thread and responses have frustrated me. If:

then let's do something about it.

The headline has been dealt with. You took a guy with no particular religion and helped him get to the state of having no religion. Fine, Ok, I don't see it as a big deal, but you do and I'm happy for you, let's move on.

Can you provide a few detailed, specific questions or topics you want to discuss?

With respect,
Charles1952

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join