It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Meet the jurors in the George Zimmerman trial

"Six women were chosen to serve on the jury in the trial of George Zimmerman, the Florida neighborhood watch captain accused of murder in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

The six jurors and four alternates went through a nearly two-week long process of jury selection, where they answered questions about their knowledge of the case and opinions on subjects including guns, law enforcement and media bias.

Below are general descriptions of the jurors, identified by numbers assigned to them by the court to protect their identities:

6 JURORS:

B-29: Described as a Hispanic woman, who works as a nurse treating patients with Alzheimer's. She has seven children and lived in Chicago at the time of the February 2012 shooting.

B-76: Described as a white middle-aged woman, who said Zimmerman had an "altercation with the young man. There was a struggle, and the gun went off."

B-37: Described as a middle-aged white woman, who works for a chiropractor and has many pets. She described protests in Sanford sparked after the delay in Zimmerman's arrest as "rioting."

B-51: Described as a retired white woman from Oviedo, Fla., who has a dog and 20-year-old cat. She knew a good deal about the case but said, "I'm not rigid in my thinking."

E-6: Described as a young white woman and mother, who used to work in financial services. She used this case as an example to her adolescent children, warning them to not go out at night.

E-40: Described as a white woman in her 60s, who lived in Iowa at the time of the shooting. She heard national news reports and recalls the shooting was in a gated community and a teenager was killed.

4 ALTERNATES:

E-40: Described as a white man in his 50s. He cautioned his 16-year-old stepson about wearing hoodie, which Trayvon Martin was wearing at the time of the shooting.

B-72: Described as a Hispanic man in his 20s, who works as maintenance technician at a school. He is a self-described power lifter and arm wrestler.

E-13: Described as a white woman in her 20s. She has brother who is black. She says she "never" watches the news, but when she first heard of shooting thought it was a "racial thing."

E-28: Described as a white middle-aged woman, who works as a nurse and says she listens to a lot of radio on her 15-minute commute. She said she knew little about the case and has no opinion about Zimmerman's guilt."

Above source quoted from FOX news www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

"IF" found guilty be a jury of this make up, there should be very little more to say about this case.
I am not saying anything about the jury except it should be satisfactory to both sides.
The results will depend almost entirely on how well the lawers present their side of the case.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

Well the trail starts next Monday. It will be HLN heaven

"Opening statements in the Trayvon Martin murder case will begin on Monday, the presiding judge said on Thursday.

Circuit Judge Debra Nelson set the date for the formal opening of the trial soon after a jury was seated to decide the fate of George Zimmerman, the former neighborhood watchman charged with second-degree murder in the February 2012 killing of Martin." source is yahoo news

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Here is my take on it for what its worth. I live about 10 miles from Sanford on the Orange/Seminole co.line. I think Zimmerman is either going to walk or its going to be a mistrial. I also have a friend I grew up with who is a Seminole co. deputy. They are getting ready for all hell breaking loose. The feeling around here is Sanford is going to burn, And where I am located there is a very good chance of the overflow heading this way. I live on a cul de sac and after talking to my buddy, All of us(me and neighbors) have a defensive plan we will initiate if needed. As they say, hope for the best prepare for the worst.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

Well the trail starts next Monday. It will be HLN heaven

Oh goodness, why watch the trial on that AWFUL HLN which prefers tabloid style gibberish when there are so many superior alternatives.

I'd suggest WFTV channel 9 in Orlando who will cover the trial commercial-free and provide actual legal analysis during the times that there is a sidebar or the Court breaks for whatever reason.

You can watch the WFTV coverage here: www.wftv.com...

As far as HLN, you understand that their prime time programming (Grace, Mitchell, etc) is categorized by Time Warner as "entertainment/opinion programming" and NOT news; right?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I hope the state has noted that George used the same words "You got it" in a response to the NEN dispatcher, Noffke, that Trayvon is alleged to have used immediately after being shot, and they are able to make the jury aware of this coincidence. It's the little lies that are going to add up in the jury's minds. They know it's a fact that a 17 yr old is dead and that the defendant admits killing him, so it's George's trustworthiness that is on trial here.
edit on 25-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Opening statements .... the Martin Lawyer did a better job presenting. He was inflammatory, but kept it within limits so the arrows hit the target. The Zimmerman lawyer was flat and that knock knock joke was just stupid. A person is dead. There should be no jokes.

Originally posted by NickDC202
why watch the trial on that AWFUL HLN

Yes ... HLN is a really bad joke.
The talking heads are worse than any others I've seen (except perhaps MSNBC)
edit on 6/25/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The "Knock, knock" "joke" has to have shot straight into number one spot in the Most Embarrassing Moment In Recorded Courtroom History table. West only has to look into a mirror to see that he's not cut out for stand up.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So far today there were 2 witnesses for the state that were more like witnesses for the defense.

Interesting fact the second witness said was that previously one of the burglars of that neighborhood was caught because they were followed to his home by stucco guys that were working in the neighborhood.

The prosecution seems to be falling apart.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Maybe he was trying to point out how good Zimmerman is as a neighborhood watchman.
If someone else is doing the job, there may not be much need in his being out there.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It certainly didn't seem that way. The prosecution wasn't happy that he said it.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
Zimmerman will be convicted, for the same reason why OJ was found not guilty. Any other verdict will result in mass violence.

If you believe this...you really are at the right site!

You (and anyone else) ACTUALLY believe OJ wasn't found guilty and Z will be in order to avoid.....RIOTS?

LOL...since when has America bent over backwards for black Americans? If anything, they would welcome riots so they can kill and incarcerate more blacks!

You people are silly...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by totallackey
Zimmerman will be convicted, for the same reason why OJ was found not guilty. Any other verdict will result in mass violence.

Assuming that was true, wouldn't Zimmerman's bumbling ass be a fair sacrifice for the common good and societal stability? Or, is defending the right to start a fight and finish it with your gun more important? Any gun owner with intact critical thinking faculties would want to see Zimmerman found guilty just for giving gun owners a bad name,

Ya, someone who is wandering around an unfamiliar neighborhood at night eating a bag of Skittles while looking in people's windows couldn't possibly be a 'bumbling ass', right?

What do you call "looking in peoples windows"? Was he walking up to their panes and leaning in? Now, when you are out walking and talking on the phone...do you keep your head and eyes straight ahead?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Why did the yelling abruptly stop after the gun shot?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by IvanAstikov

I am telling you exactly what the FBI said. And you have heard this all before. The FBI said it's impossible to use voice recognition and know if it's Martin or Zimmerman. IMPOSSIBLE. We all know how much you want Martin to be the good guy in all this ... but the truth is, we simply do not know who is the perp and who is the victim.

My own opinion ... they both screwed up and it's a case of stupid meets stupid.
But that isn't enough to convict someone of murder.

It is if the one stupid person allowed their stupidity to kill the other! So if TM had survived and GZ had died, then TM should also be on trial and responsible.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

A talking head on CNN who analyzed the 911 tapes says if it was Martin yelling, the logical utterance would have been "Don't shoot" or something to that effect. Instead someone is yelling "Help" and "Stop" as if they're getting assaulted, which was Zimmerman. This is all speculation and we may never know who was screaming during the 911 call.

Why would a person with a gun on his hip be pleading for his attacker to stop and yelling for help, when his equaliser was at arm's length?* Trayvon would only have been shouting "Don't shoot!" if he'd clearly seen the gun before being shot.

* Unless he was doing it for an audience of listeners?
edit on 13-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

Because if someone is sitting on your chest, pummeling your face and you're trying to protect your face/head with your hands and your gun is on your hip where you can't reach it at the time, you'll be screaming help too.
edit on 13-6-2013 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

OK, I'm about to crush your entire objectivity or perhaps ignorance.

Since TM was allegedly mounted on GZ's chest......LOL....HOW DID GZ GET HIS GUN? I mean, TM had the dominant position right? He was bashing GZ's head against the concrete right?

1. How did GZ get to his gun and wield it against a "stronger" TM?
2. How did GZ have the coherentnence to achieve this if his head was being bashed and he thought he was blacking out?

LOL...see this is where his story falls apart again! It also shows how stupid and gullible some people are...be it due to ignorance or intentional!

Do this exercise: Have someone mount your chest and tell us if you're able to reach a waist carry firearm. You won't be able to do it usually, and if so, the person in the dominant position will nullify you using it. The only way is if you already have it out.

I came to these conclusions using "COMMON" sense...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Wouldn't you prefer to hear exactly what the closest witness to them being on the floor together says under close questioning, before you buy that story?

... says the person who has already made up his mind that Martin was a poor innocent lil' teen who couldn't possibly have done anything wrong that evening. Wouldn't YOU prefer to hear exactly what happened that night as the evidence presents itself in a court of law?? No? Didn't think so ....

I haven't made up my mind about any such thing. I have tried imagining him as a violent thug, but it doesn't fit the evidence I've seen thus far. Imagining George as a frustrated, scheming cop wannabe who wanted to be seen as an effective NW coordinator, is far easier to picture.

Agreed! I know thugs and TM wasn't one, to the dismay of many racist and some people just looking for an excuse to decry how crooked the media is.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by luciddream

1. I don't support anyone. I find the whole circus act around this ridiculous.

2. Many teenage boys get shot dead every day, where is the outrage over that? Or doesn't it matter because they're gang members killing each other?

3. The pictures on his phone and Facebook of the suspicious plants/smoke and of him trying to project the image of some gangster/thug aren't 3 yrs old. But the picture being used by the media to portray him as some innocent little kid is old.

But whatever, you're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. My interest in this case is exhausted. I'll see you around the boards.

There is outrage over teenage boys being shot everyday. However, it isn't everyday that a boy is shot and the person who shot him is released because he is "clean cut and college educated" which is what was used for GZ at the scene.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
Why did the yelling abruptly stop after the gun shot?

That was the Martin Lawyers best line. The Zimmerman Lawyer looks silly compared to him.

Answer to 'why did the yelling abruptly stop after the gun shot?" ...
Because Martin was dead.

Why was Martin dead?
Because he was shot.

Why was Martin shot?
Either because Zimmerman was protecting himself
OR because Martin was attacked by Zimmerman.

Answer that last question factually ... and we have the verdict.
Can anyone answer that last question? I don't know. We'll have to see as the trial goes on ...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join