It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

That isn't how the transcript read to me or what was shown in the walk through but I can wait for that to come to light at the trial.

If Zimmerman lied from the get go and managed to stick to his story without screwing that part up then a jury will need to decide.

Btw it is my understanding that a 911 dispatcher has no authority to give orders.
edit on 15-6-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

That isn't how the transcript read to me or what was shown in the walk through but I can wait for that to come to light at the trial.

It's right there in the call he made to the non-emergency dispatcher he was under no obligation to take any advice from. Here's a link -- www.youtube.com...

Skip to 2.07 and listen for 20 seconds as a pre-blow on the head George, admits he is following Trayvon, describes where he(Trayvon) is heading and states quite clearly that he(Trayvon) is running. All things he totally contradicts in later interviews. Which George do we believe, the one that hasn't had a blow to the head and been through a traumatic experience and is just reporting a suspicious person while stone cold sober, or the later, more befuddled one who also has a dead person to account for?

If Zimmerman lied from the get go and managed to stick to his story without screwing that part up then a jury will need to decide.

Thing is, he hasn't stuck to his story, but that seems to be in his favour also, if you're a Zimmerman supporter. If he sticks to a story, that's good, and if his story has inconsistencies, that's good too. Seems an impartial way to look at the case, doesn't it?

Btw it is my understanding that a 911 dispatcher has no authority to give orders.
edit on 15-6-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)
Nobody is claiming that he was ordered not to pursue TM. The claim is that he was given good advice and chose to ignore it, thereby turning a nothing situation into an event that ended up with the death of a young man heading home from the store.
edit on 16-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

A few things you already stated what you believe as far as guilt and you need to recheck the tape it isn’t 10 seconds as you stated.

You can clearly hear on the tape when he says OK he stops running, it certainly doesn’t sound like he’s following at that point. I could run much further in that time than he showed in the walk through. The walk through matched up to what was on the recorded non-emergency line. But that is for a jury to decide. I wish the dispatcher had kept George on the line just a little longer because there wouldn’t be a trial IMO.

The only way this affects me is with CCW and stand your ground laws but I honestly do not think they will even need to repeal under stand your ground. Simple self-defense should suffice.

I honestly do not think you even care what the evidence shows it seems you bought into the media hype.

BTW two kids were shot last night while filming a video pretty close to where Martin died. I guess it wasn’t racial because it was just a news blurb on the radio. Police ruling it as accidental. Go figure.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

If the police are ruling the shooting of 2 kids in the same location as accidental, then they need their badges removing.

You can keep on insisting I am sipping some sort of msm kool aid, but I know how finely my bs meter is tuned, and if I favour one side, it's because the available information leads me there, not because some silver-tongued pundit persuaded me one story had more validity than another.

As to when George agreed it wasn't a good idea to follow TM, at 2.15 he shuts his car door behind him, at 2.20 it sounds like he is either running, or the wind has really increased in the 5 seconds since he closed the door. It's 2.28 when we hear George's "OK" in response to the dispatcher's "We don't need you to do that." The wind, or George's running, continues for another 7 seconds, and we know he isn't heading back to his vehicle. Interestingly, there isn't a whisper of wind noise in the rest of his call. Very inconvenient, that.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Lack of wind generally means you are not
A moving fast
B no longer huffing into the phone from running
C both a and b

Convienant you say well...... I call it compelling.

it also matches right up to the walk THROUGH.

BTW your times do not match up to what I heard. So two people listening to the same tape hear two different things that is interesting. Well as I have said before that's what the courts are for.
edit on 16-6-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Jury of 6, used to be a jury of 12.

Easier to get a guilty conviction when there are half the number jurors.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by marbles87

Just police the asked him to stop doesn't mean it was unlawful for him to pursue TM.

No, but it does shoot his "Stand Your Ground" defense all full of holes...and that's why he's going to get at least manslaughter, if not a murder conviction.

If he gets manslaughter or murder, I don't think we'll see any civil unrest. If he gets off scott free though, we'll see a little, but nothing like the Rodney King verdict. (plus, the Police will prep for any response, this time, having learned the lesson last time).

The police NEVER told Zimmerman to back off. It was a dispatcher, MAJOR difference.

Zimmerman will walk, there is not enough evidence to convict him.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Lack of wind generally means you are not
A moving fast
B no longer huffing into the phone from running
C both a and b

Convienant you say well...... I call it compelling.

I'm not sure what you find compelling. Are you accepting that George ran at ANY point during his phone call? Or are you saying it is all wind noise?

it also matches right up to the walk THROUGH.

No it doesn't. In the walk-through he didn't even park his vehicle where he said he parked on the night(a piece of relevant information I haven't seen confirmed anywhere. When did the officers who arrived on scene actually realise he'd been in a vehicle? Did they even log its location before Zimmerman's wife came and removed it rather swiftish?), so how could it match right up?

BTW your times do not match up to what I heard. So two people listening to the same tape hear two different things that is interesting. Well as I have said before that's what the courts are for.
edit on 16-6-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

Just so I know you are actually referring to the same phone call as me(this one -- www.youtube.com... ), can you tell me at what timestamp you hear Zimmerman close the car door after getting out to follow TM?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I hate going in circles so I will recap. I find it compelling and the walk through matches up.

The location of his vehicle was logged and if you search you can find it online. Implying his wife was complacent is very telling IMO.

And no. I am not going to argue the timeline with you and yes I listened to the same recording. I even wrote it down at the time but it didn't match with what you were telling me.

The case has gone to court and I am satisfied with that. I don't know why you aren't but that's your problem not mine.

I can wait for the findings to come to light.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Seeing as you're so content on waiting on the outcome of the trial, is there any chance of you providing the search parameters or a link to help finding where Zimmerman's truck was parked, before you leave the thread and continue with your not caring about anything but the trial results?

edit on 16-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

This is how I found it.
Search (zimmerman evidence truck location)

It should be the first or second link.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

I'm not seeing any official confirmation anywhere. In the 6th link down I came across this

On the map, I put his truck to the left of the cut-through, facing the direction of the entrance. That matches the Fox News photo placement of a white truck being examined by an officer taken the night of the shooting, where his friend Frank Taafe says he was parked and also matches up with a photo showing two white trucks taken by the crime scene tech the day after the shooting.

Within that snippet there are links to 2 pictures
this one www.talkleft.com...
and this one s311.photobucket.com...

Now, we know that isn't George's truck because it is there when George does the re-enactment the next day, and nobody refers to it as his vehicle then.

So, again, where's the official confirmation of the location of Z's truck when he parked up, and before Shellie drove it away?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Is the police officer in that picture you posted not official enough for you?

edit

If it isn't then I can't help you maybe a health care professional can.
edit on 17-6-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by totallackey
Zimmerman will be convicted, for the same reason why OJ was found not guilty. Any other verdict will result in mass violence.

Assuming that was true, wouldn't Zimmerman's bumbling ass be a fair sacrifice for the common good and societal stability? Or, is defending the right to start a fight and finish it with your gun more important? Any gun owner with intact critical thinking faculties would want to see Zimmerman found guilty just for giving gun owners a bad name,

Ya, someone who is wandering around an unfamiliar neighborhood at night eating a bag of Skittles while looking in people's windows couldn't possibly be a 'bumbling ass', right?

It wasn't a unfamiliar neighborhood, he wasn't looking in people's windows, although it was nighttime I don't believe eating skittles at night is just cause to be murdered.

Bumbling ass

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Is the police officer in that picture you posted not official enough for you?

edit

If it isn't then I can't help you maybe a health care professional can.
edit on 17-6-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

It doesn't matter how official he is, he's still not looking at Zimmerman's vehicle. Still, even IF you were right and I was wrong, that would then raise the question of why the vehicle isn't pointing the way George says it was in his re-enactment, the following day. Are you sure you want to insist that is a leo logging Zimmerman's truck where he parked it on the night?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
It wasn't a unfamiliar neighborhood, he wasn't looking in people's windows, although it was nighttime I don't believe eating skittles at night is just cause to be murdered.

Bumbling ass

Zimmerman's inability to differentiate between the typical "goon" who "always got away" and a guy walking home from the store and not doing anything clearly suspicious(as opposed to being suspicious in the eyes of a paranoid, frustrated, pretend NW Captain), means he was either a bumbling ass, or he targeted TM deliberately because he KNEW he wasn't a typical "goon."

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Congratulations to ATS's own FlyersFan the ghost writer of Robert Zimmerman Sr's new eBook

Zimmerman’s Father Blames Boston Bombings On Eric Holder’s Decision To Investigate Trayvon’s Death
www.mediaite.com...

With the first week of his son George Zimmerman‘s trial coming to a close and Father’s Day just around the corner, the defendant’s father Robert Zimmerman Sr. must have thought now was the perfect time to release his new e-book, “Florida v. Zimmerman: Uncovering the Malicious Prosecution of my Son, George.” The controversial text contains the bold claim that April’s Boston Marathon bombing never would have happened had the FBI not been spending so much time investigating the death of Trayvon Martin.

Zimmerman directs most of the blame to Attorney General Eric Holder, who he says “shamelessly” hyped his son’s alleged murder case “to obtain great advantage in the African-American community.” He goes on to claim that Holder’s decision to investigate whether Martin’s death constituted a federal civil rights violation led to the FBI to not have “adequate resources to investigate clearly identified potential terrorist” threat in Boston. “Tragically,” Zimmerman writes, “we have suffered the consequences of Mr. Holder’s politically motivated decisions.”

The eBook contains a chapter called “Who Are The True Racists,” which includes the following:

Congressional Black Caucus. “[A] pathetic, self-serving group of racists… advancing their purely racist agenda.” He later adds that “all members of Congress should be ashamed of the Congressional Black Caucus, as should be their constituents.” And finally: “They are truly a disgrace to all Americans.”

The NAACP. “[S]imply promotes racism and hatred for their own, primarily finical, interests” and “without prejudice and racial divide, the NAACP would simply cease to exist.” NAACP President Benjamin Jealous. “[W]hat I would expect of a racist.”

Trayvon Martin’s funeral director. A “racial activist and former head of the local NAACP.”

Benjamin Crump, Natialie Jackson and Darrly Parks, attorneys for Travyon Martin’s family. “The scheme team.”

Again, congrats on your ghost writing gig FlyersFan... allegedly...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

It's certainly becoming more clear where George's "blame anything but yourself" mentality has come from. If they'd only taught George to own his mistakes, the Boston Bombing might never have happened!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Looks like George's PR team slipped up. They should have gagged his dad months ago.

The book sounds like a great big steaming pile of donkey bollocks.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I just don't understand how anyone around Zimmerman's father told him it would be a good idea to do this and how no one on George's legal team allowed this to be released before the trial and before the jury is sequestered.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join