It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people still believe that UFO's are alien?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Well it's more likely that somewhere out in the vast "endless" Universe life as been able to advance to the point that there are more than ONE technologically advanced race other than US at present...

Then again who's to say that it just happened that WE are the only life that has been able to advance to this stage within the vicinity of our Universe. The vicinity meaning the current reach of our technology...

There are more than likely other technologically advanced species out in the Universe but we are lifetimes apart, so much so that we don't even exist in the same span of time...

If you understand the vastness of Space, and the technological and physical limitations we as Humans face when it comes to contact with other techno intelligent species then it becomes more clear just why we haven't made contact or detected any other life as advanced as we are.

We are not only up against technological limitations we also face "cosmological" limitations.

Example, we could have made contact with our radio waves, but it would take 50 years from the first extraterrestrial solar system we "hit" to get a response, that is if that solar system actually had a species capable of understanding our messages and sending a "we're here" message back our direction...

Even then was our planet facing the right direction at the right time?

There was a signal in the 70's called the "WOW" signal that lasted just as long as it takes for an Array to scan the sky but never detected again. Could we have been lined up at exactly that time perfectly? Considering orbiting planets and rotation of the planet itself? What are the chances that this could never happen again due to those facts... lol
What are the chances that that planet could have been blocked by something or not rotated at that exact moment...

We just are going to keep guessing until the day we can travel far out in space, or until the day whatever decides to show up...

We also don't know if there are extraterrestrials living in our Solar System now. I mean if they are so advanced that they can literally be "invisible" to us how do we know we are not on a regular basis having extraterrestrial visitations?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

There is plenty of proof. There is enough proof to convict a man of murder. I just don't have it in my hands, and if I did, would you accept my statement that I did? If you would read the tens of thousands of detailed reports of reliable witnesses, rather than trying to find crap on YouTube, you wouldn't need any more proof. I have seen one myself with a reliable witness, and both he and I have enough technical background and experience looking at flying things that you can't tell me it was a weather balloon or the planet Venus or any of the other ridiculous explanations used to "explain" things. I know that the military and intelligence agencies actively use disinformation and ridicule and threats to keep their secrets, they are very effective, and it doesn't take too much study of history to know that yourself. Go to the Black Vault and MUFON and even the FBI and look around - much information has finally been declassified after 50 years to prove the government is lying. My opinion of gullible is someone who actually believes what authorities tell them. I am angry at the thousands of depraved people who feel that they need to hoax things, but they keep us all on our toes and give people a reason to doubt things they aren't ready to accept.
edit on 11-6-2013 by sorgfelt because: Deleted something I decided it's not best to say and rearranged some sentences.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

"But over the years the fakes have killed my belief."

That's the spirit

Personally I don't give a damn. Either way, I believe aliens are still very much real and abundant in our universe, and I also believe that even if they are responsible for the UFO phenomena, that still brings us no closer to understanding them OR ourselves.

So who cares about the fakes? I wanna know what's causing the real ones! If it's aliens, well so be it. If it's not... then that's even more reason to find out what's causing this phenomena. What if it's a rogue government project? That frightens me far more than aliens do, considering the fact that if aliens are real, they've never directly threatened the people of this earth. At least, not like a rogue government project might.

Why continue to argue about the semantics of the question when it brings us no closer to an actionable answer and only serves to further separate us and fuel interpersonal conflict unnecessarily? Why can't we all agree that we just don't know enough about them yet? That doesn't imply the nonexistence of aliens just as it doesn't imply their existence. We're focusing our energies completely in the wrong places and it's beginning to frighten me, given the circumstances of our planet.

UFOs are still called UFOs for a reason. No one here can be so arrogant as to claim they know the cause of them all - just as no one here can be so ignorant as to claim that the cause can never be discerned. I think more patience is in order when addressing phenomena of this scale and magnitude given its spiritual/philosophical implications. It's not gonna be a simple matter, and the truth is going to be far more incredible than we can imagine - whatever it is. Such is the nature of existential mysteries!

P.S. - I've seen UFOs myself! And I'll be damned if I could tell you what was behind them. God herself could have been flying those strange apparitions for all I know.
edit on 11/6/2013 by TheAnarchist because: ~

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

You want evidence, how about the United States Military. When the Roswell ship went down the US army put out a press release confirming they had found the crashed alien ship. That sounds like a fairly reliable source.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Germany would never jump to V2 after the propelled bombers without adequate and speedy, physical and visible Alien support. So were USA and USSR. See WW2 films and cars, telegraphs and planes, and see the following space rocketry age. Let alone the nuclear, or the modern computers. Miracles do not happen in nature. The sooner we are told the truth the better for all of us. The attempts to divert attention are ill fated and doomed to fail. Greer documented an alien body, yet no one cries on CNN: look at that, look at that! They will strart crying very shortly, mark my words!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by supermarket2012

Neither thousands of ufos spotted and especially not thousands of credible alien abductions. If it was like you said then governments would have come clean a long time ago. You can't cover up something that is out of control like you suggest.

People can claim whatever they want but it does not necessarily make it true. I have seen a few POSSIBLE ufos in my life since I live in the boondocks but they could have been satellites dropping from orbit or top secret military craft.

I believe in ufos and aliens but I don't like hyperbole.

Honestly, whether or not the government is covering up UFOs, whatever their origin happens to be.....isn't the issue.

The issue is that, mankind goes through daily life, and for the most part, UFOs aren't a part of that daily life. Since incidents are unproven (as of now) and rather rare compared to what humans are USED to.....people don't believe in UFOs.

You have to understand, people are part of a social paradigm. From the time we are born, until the time we die, we are bound by this social paradigm. it is our collective belief systems, including things that DO, and DONT exist.....

The government wouldn't have to cover up UFOs , for humans to be highly doubtful of their existence.

Look at ghosts for example. Every culture, every civilization has had at least 5% of its inhabitants to have experiences with ghosts.....and yet even TODAY.....because ghosts aren't tangible....we still doubt they exist (humanity as a whole).

Hell, there are still people living today who believe this planet is only 6,000 years old, because they believe in the literal interpretation of the bible.

Yes, thousands of legit cases exist of both UFOs, and alien abduction. If they don't fit YOUR personal criteria, can you please elaborate on why not?

If the person is mentally sound, has no reason to lie, maintains a job, and their story doesn't have provable holes in it.....what on Earth is missing, from your point of view?

[edit: changed to "are" to "aren't" in a sentence, my mistake]
edit on 6/12/2013 by supermarket2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
From here:

www.presidentialufo.com...

Lieutenant Colonel Phillip J. Corso, who served on the National Security Council during the Eisenhower Administration and who was formerly chief of the Pentagon’s Foreign Technology desk, claimed that the production of flying saucer movies was actively encouraged by government-led UFO study groups during the 1950s. The goal, claimed Corso, was simultaneously to fictionalise UFOs (through their association with Hollywood entertainment) and to actualise them in the mind of the viewer, thereby acclimatising the public to UFO reality and politically manipulating their perceptions of the phenomenon in the process. Corso referred to this strategy as “camouflage through limited disclosure.” “We never hid the truth from anybody,” he said, “we just camouflaged it. It was always there [in documents, books, TV shows and movies], people just didn’t know what to look for or recognise it for what it was when they found it. And they found it over and over again.”

Lots more at the site.
edit on 12-6-2013 by signalfire because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2013 by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tattiio

You want evidence, how about the United States Military. When the Roswell ship went down the US army put out a press release confirming they had found the crashed alien ship. That sounds like a fairly reliable source.

I have seen UFOs....and I also believe in the ET origin of some of them....HOWEVER, if you are considering the US government as a credible source, I'm afraid your logic is lost on me.

It is so ironic, how many individuals criticize the media, and the government on a near daily basis.....and yet when the media or the government releases something that BACKS UP their own beliefs....they jump all over it....as if suddenly the media or the government are now credible.

I'm sorry, but no..that isn't credible to me.

1) Who in the 'government' approved this press release?

2) Who , specifically, in the government (what agency, what PERSON) released this info to the press?

3) Which press co released the report?

4) What proves the government was lying? Perhaps they would rather people believe it is an alien UFO, rather then german technology. Who knows? Perhaps them saying "aliens" is a cover up for something much more plausible?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

If the person is mentally sound, has no reason to lie, maintains a job, and their story doesn't have provable holes in it.....what on Earth is missing, from your point of view?

Put simply: We cannot trust our eyes.

Of course it gets more complicated than that but that's the heart of the problem.
You don't have to be mentally unstable to be fooled. And it doesn't mean you are lying. The fact that you believe you saw what you think you saw doesn't mean you did.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6/12/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Rendlesham_Forest_incident

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12-6-2013 by DistantThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DistantThunder

I see your Rendlesham.
And raise you one alien autopsy.

edit on 6/12/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
These beings are superior race/beings that flies in anti-gravity saucers that is faster than any aircraft known to man. The problem with us is that we underestimate ancient civilizations, but we are no smarter than them.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I made an account just to post this... It's reasonable people who haven't done enough research would not believe in UFOs being alien... Though, the amount of Evidence online is OVERWHELMING.

Maybe I'm just biased since on top of multiple UFO sightings I have also been within 30 feet of a landed crafted with 3 foot tall grey aliens standing outside of it. This craft was no more than 9 feet in total height, and about the size of a small room.

There was another major incidence of a giant 5 story tall glowing blue circle/domeish "craft" landing in a field outside my house during a thunderstorm at 2-3 in the morning when I was gaming online. The lighting would periodically light up my room with blue, then all of a sudden my room was bright blue for 10 seconds straight.. no flashing... no thunder. I looked out the window... and what do I know, I had a new neighbor. This craft was huge. It disappeared in a flash after about 10 seconds, at which point I was terrified and went to sleep. If I recall correctly, I was 12 years old, playing Runescape, Player-killing online - I was so scared that I didn't bother logging out. I thought I was going to die in game, but I woke up and noticed I was standing in the PvP zone still alive... oddly enough my next thought was breakfast... not the giant glowing UFO I saw the night before. It's as if my mind could not hold onto the thought.... and for the record, I would never log out in a dangerous PvP zone intentionally.

It's worth noting that every UFO or alien encounter I have witnessed was followed by memory loss and I did not recall the event for up to 2 days after... as if it lost all significance in my mind. The night I saw the glowing huge craft out my window, I went to sleep immediately, and if I can remember correctly I didn't remember it until months after, which since then I can recall it very easily. I sincerely believe there is some sort of mind-influencing technology they employ. My experience is that it does not appear that they are wiping your memory, but somehow effecting short-term memory storage...I have no experience and cannot comment on people experience total memory loss for hours in daylight abduction scenarios... I do not believe I have been abducted before.

Now, on the other hand, I do believe the government has many of these crafts in their possession and have learned to pilot them, so it isn't so unlikely that some you may see in the sky might be piloted by government pilots. I'm not here to persuade anyone to my point of view, but just to share my story. The amount of evidence towards the existence of these entities is overwhelming as it is, so much that a person would not even need to see a entity to know they exist.

For the record, I do believe many alien nighttime abductions people experience are often night-terrors/nightmares, as their described emotional states are highly similar to sleep paralysis... Personally, all of my experiences occurred in total wakefulness and I do not believe I have ever been abducted.

Needless to say there are definitely aliens out there. The only kind I have seen are the short-grey ones... though I've heard online there are up to 57 different species. Who knows. I personally find it a bit unlikely the government would dress up oddly proportioned midgets with long arms as these aliens and get them to fly a disc-shaped saucer.
edit on 12-6-2013 by Siroz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
reply to post by covertpanther

You are living a fantasy. Sorry.

A fantasy to who? A fantasy to you? Explain what living a fantasy is, because surely you must know as you have stated it with such haste. So enlighten me and all the other members here what living a "fantasy" actually is? Because I have no clue - I jsut know the the reality I've experrienced since birth.

"Sorry"? Dafuque you sorry for guy? No apology needed, jsut elaborate on your ignorance and all is well

So for all of us here; explain what it is to be "living a fantasy". I'm curious, as I've never experienced it.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siroz
I made an account just to post this... It's reasonable people who haven't done enough research would not believe in UFOs being alien... Though, the amount of Evidence online is OVERWHELMING.

Maybe I'm just biased since on top of multiple UFO sightings I have also been within 30 feet of a landed crafted with 3 foot tall grey aliens standing outside of it. This craft was no more than 9 feet in total height, and about the size of a small room.

There was another major incidence of a giant 5 story tall glowing blue circle/domeish "craft" landing in a field outside my house during a thunderstorm at 2-3 in the morning when I was gaming online. The lighting would periodically light up my room with blue, then all of a sudden my room was bright blue for 10 seconds straight.. no flashing... no thunder. I looked out the window... and what do I know, I had a new neighbor. This craft was huge. It disappeared in a flash after about 10 seconds, at which point I was terrified and went to sleep. If I recall correctly, I was 12 years old, playing Runescape, Player-killing online - I was so scared that I didn't bother logging out. I thought I was going to die in game, but I woke up and noticed I was standing in the PvP zone still alive... oddly enough my next thought was breakfast... not the giant glowing UFO I saw the night before. It's as if my mind could not hold onto the thought.... and for the record, I would never log out in a dangerous PvP zone intentionally.

It's worth noting that every UFO or alien encounter I have witnessed was followed by memory loss and I did not recall the event for up to 2 days after... as if it lost all significance in my mind. The night I saw the glowing huge craft out my window, I went to sleep immediately, and if I can remember correctly I didn't remember it until months after, which since then I can recall it very easily. I sincerely believe there is some sort of mind-influencing technology they employ. My experience is that it does not appear that they are wiping your memory, but somehow effecting short-term memory storage...I have no experience and cannot comment on people experience total memory loss for hours in daylight abduction scenarios... I do not believe I have been abducted before.

Now, on the other hand, I do believe the government has many of these crafts in their possession and have learned to pilot them, so it isn't so unlikely that some you may see in the sky might be piloted by government pilots. I'm not here to persuade anyone to my point of view, but just to share my story. The amount of evidence towards the existence of these entities is overwhelming as it is, so much that a person would not even need to see a entity to know they exist.

For the record, I do believe many alien nighttime abductions people experience are often night-terrors/nightmares, as their described emotional states are highly similar to sleep paralysis... Personally, all of my experiences occurred in total wakefulness and I do not believe I have ever been abducted.

Needless to say there are definitely aliens out there. The only kind I have seen are the short-grey ones... [by]edit on 12-6-2013 by Siroz because: (no reason given)

See this; you are a genuine UFO/abduction encounter case

This Jefferson guy or whatever.. Will knock you off and say you live in a fantasy world - but thaat is his jelous ego talking as he has never experienced anything liek this. And inside he hates the fact that others are experiencing what he wants to deep inside, but cant.

I'll let the OP and every other skeptic and "debunker" know ONE thing based on experience and knowledge: Any extraterrestrial being will not take the effort to contact or 'reach' (wether it be physically, dreams, visions or telepathy) just ANYONE. Those who are skeptic because of conditioning, those who are ignorant, ego-dominated, think they know everything because they read books and got a degree in college - will most likely not experience anything.

These beings arent just super intelligent - they are in tune with thought and emotion. They understand what it is to BE - and ignorance is not being the natural being you are - its being SYNTHETIC or artificial. Those types of human minds are a waste of time and not even worth thought energy to non-human beings.

So think about it - You expect them to show you themselves, or contact you - yet they are WAY AHEAD OF YOU in terms of mental, spiritual and technological development. You think you know everything and your opinion on matters is more important and "realistic" then other peoples expereinces - thats why you will NEVER experience anything other then your opinions and the obedient mind society has tamed you to be

But you will jsut knock this off because you choose not to "beleive" in it
pathetic.. Dont bother us, we are experiencing
lol
edit on 12-6-2013 by covertpanther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

To the indigenous people of lands in ancient time some other cultures when encountered were seen as gods, gods with huge ships sailing across oceans. Cultures that were so different from one another that the more advanced cultures perceived the lesser as primitive savages. Mind you only hundreds of years had the more advanced culture had a head start. But was enough to been perceived as such "Gods" and such. So it may not be much unlike this with these beings of unknown origins.

So if there was an Alien civilization with technologies that are hundreds, thousands even millions of years ahead of us interacting with us how would we even identify them as Alien beings? We wouldn't, for there is no reference point. All we know is there is indeed a technology far beyond ours buzzing our skies. There are many theories as to who what and where they come from. But NOBODY knows for certain unless they were to take enough people back to their planet for a tour and return them to confirm it.

We have not achieved light speed let alone jumping from worm hole's, string theory, today's theory tomorrows science. So a thousand years ago If I told you we would invent planes and auto mobiles you would likely scoff because we don't have the means somehow dictates the rest of the universe does not either in the skeptics mind. This is counter productive and moot. In fact absurd way of thinking. So much for innovation.

I really don't think it matters what they are, what matters is these beings and technology exists apparently. To me in my opinion they are US they are time travelers. And the Alien myth's were part of a mass indoctrination to cover up what they are so that it does not interfere with the future time line. That makes more sense then the Alien theory. However i am probably wrong and that is the thing. They could be anything, they could be from another dimension. The truth eludes me in decades of research. And what I seen with my own two eyes years ago in the sky was NOT piloted by humans unless we learned to manipulate inertia. The abduction phenomena is what fascinates me the most. Either they are doing things in a covert manner because they are not here in our best interest rather theirs. Or the meaning is beyond our understanding just like those primitive cultures watching the cargo planes. They are simply indifferent? Remember most importantly that we have no template to compare alien (a) to alien (b) hence impossible to confirm it until these being divulge all things to us.

Cargo plane cult
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12-6-2013 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley

Originally posted by peashooter
reply to post by CJCrawley

Did you not understand the point?

If the point is "we don't know" (which has been agreed by most members on this thread)

Why is it not "OK" for some people to believe aliens may have been involved? Unless according to you the definition of "we don't know" is this => anything but aliens.
edit on 11-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

The point is "we don't know".

Well, actually we do know that the alien hypothesis is extremely unlikely...so unlikely that no scientist worth his salt would give it credence for a single second.

Have you any idea how utterly improbable it is to traverse the distances involved, for any life form?

Travelling at the speed of light - the speed limit beyond which nothing can travel faster, and no life form could get even close to before being crushed out of existence - it would still take thousands of years to go any appreciable distance within our own galaxy, let alone from galaxy to galaxy to galaxy.......

Keep reading your Marvel comics.

Unless we're assuming all potential lifeforms in the galaxy must utilize technology similar to, or lesser than that of current human/Earth technology (I can't imagine why that would be a presupposition), then these scientists who wouldn't give credence to theoretical technology known and demonstrated (albeit on small scale) to be completely feasible?

It has been proven that high energy electrical fields slow down time within the field. The problem with using this for covering vast distances in a short time period (for those within the field,not the outside universe) is that. Urrently, in order to produce the electriity to create enough of an effect, one would have to build a vessel so big, you'd never get it off the ground (picture a nu Lear power plant which could power the 5 largest cities in the world. all with AC on full blast, in a craft the size of a school bus, which also must be equipped with a propulsion system. "Nuclear Pulse Propulsion" (theoretical) could get a craft from here to alpha Centauri in about 80 years. If the relative time (within the field) was passing at 1/10th the rate as the outside universe, only 8 years would pass for the occupants, though back home would be a world which aged 81 years.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I belief UFO' s are real. They existed in ancient times and they still exist. I think they are like plasma balls that contain subatomic life. Like our soul also is no more than a subatomic lifeform locked up in our DNA.
Locked up by an extraterrestrial visitor but that's another story. When we die our soul is picked up by an UFO. Our soul joins a great light. It's a belief hidden in all ancient stories.
I think plasma lifeforms travel with an electromagnetic force and they travel between star systems (they can use wormholes).
Not all UFO's contain life. They can also be used as a weapon and so much more. Like Bulwer-Lytton suggested: they are a real mystery. I think our extra terrestrial visitors left the secret about UFO's on the moon (knowing human visitors that reached the moon would be smart enough to understand).
But relax: it's just a belief.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
NONONONO YOUR QUESTION SHOULD BE, WHY DO PEOPLE STILL BELIEVE THEY AREN'T!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordDerpingtonSmythe
Learning the incredible distances between us and even our nearest neighbour stars (even the sun)
made me understand at a young age that, even if aliens existed beyond earth, the chances of them
travelling to earth are slim to none.

Speculation beyond this point, is a pointless waste of my energy.

You're assuming travel in a linear aspect. (point A to point B). There are many many more ideas of how an advanced civilization might travel, without physically traversing the span.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join