It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people still believe that UFO's are alien?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by constantwonder

Said from a human point of view. For all humanity knows, Earth and Earth species could be entirely monitored, or a known construct, an experiment, or there could be advanced intelligence's that are aware of very large, or even all of the universe / multiverse.

Humans should stop presuming knowledge of advanced species when they do not even know much if anything of such advanced species.

If you had never seen a cat, nor knew anything of cats, it would be unwise of you to comment on the habitat and abilities of cats.

For all we know sure we could be all those things you said. That still does not change the volume of our universe or the number of places to look for life. Where did I presume anything? I don't presume to know anything about "aliens" or there habitats or abilities
nor did I comment on them. I simply said the universe is big and there are a lot of places to look for life.

I guess we should just stop talking about ufos entirely because all we can do is speculate. No one (known to the public) has ever seen one and been able to study its habitat and habits... So just so we are clear we are all unwise to speculate on a subject because we cant directly study it in a fashion that is quantifiable and viable enough to appease certain posters.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yeah well considering when it comes to UFO's their believers think like earthlings complete with lights, etc.

Now any advanced civilization capable of space flight would not be using lights or anything else we could ever recognize.

People see what they want to see it is also epitome arrogance to think we would ever be 'visited' by other worldly beings.

Beg to disagree...but seeing is sometimes believing, based on my own eyewitness account of an alien starship occurance, back one night in November of 1976; approx 40 miles west of Washington D.C.

My speculation: That an interstellar starship that is capable of superlumminal speeds, has to be powered by a photon engine that uses starlight photons for fuel. The photon engine uses a comparable gravitational pull of a mini-black hole --- whereas the photons --- are sucked into the engine and expelled out through the thruster with tremendous thrust, exponentionally squared too many times the speed of light.

On dark alien worlds or spaces that lack starlight...the starship needs to create it's own photon fuel, with the use of seawater stashed onboard, that uses the deuterium atoms to create a fusion plasma, that is encased in a graivtational field surrounding the starship. Besides the use of the lighted plasma to absorb hypersonic sound waves, obvious offensive and defensive uses of the electrified plasma --- the main goal of the plasma --- is to fuel the photon engine.

Bluish-white plasma --- for the high power speed phase.

Reddish-orange plasma --- for slow speed take-offs and landings.

edit on 11-6-2013 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 11-6-2013 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
That is no answer. I can't disprove it... The lack of proof becomes proof?
There is ZERO proof these lights are alien. That is fact.

The reason for people to believe is not overestimating the (non existent) proof as you try to suggest.

The reason to believe they are alien is the suggestion of technology leaps beyond what can even be extrapolated from terrestrial technology as well as testimony from officials in charge of securing nuclear weapons facilities. *that* suggests that either a foreign power is leaps ahead of the united states and the UK or that there is *another party* that we can't account for.

That is what the word alien means.

And it is a belief in the sense that it is an ongoing investigation, not a concluded one.

How does your thought process contribute to the investigation? or do you think it isn't worth investigating why our nukes spontaneously shut down in the presence of a floating oval in the sky right above the silos?

-rrr

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by constantwonder

Said from a human point of view. For all humanity knows, Earth and Earth species could be entirely monitored, or a known construct, an experiment, or there could be advanced intelligence's that are aware of very large, or even all of the universe / multiverse.

Humans should stop presuming knowledge of advanced species when they do not even know much if anything of such advanced species.

If you had never seen a cat, nor knew anything of cats, it would be unwise of you to comment on the habitat and abilities of cats.

For all we know sure we could be all those things you said. That still does not change the volume of our universe or the number of places to look for life. Where did I presume anything? I don't presume to know anything about "aliens" or there habitats or abilities
nor did I comment on them. I simply said the universe is big and there are a lot of places to look for life.

I guess we should just stop talking about ufos entirely because all we can do is speculate. No one (known to the public) has ever seen one and been able to study its habitat and habits... So just so we are clear we are all unwise to speculate on a subject because we cant directly study it in a fashion that is quantifiable and viable enough to appease certain posters.

You posted this

No intergalactic travel ability in no way makes it easier to find earth. Looking for the signs of life like chemical composition atmospheric conditions and what not is fairly straight forward tech way less advanced than the ability to travel the cosmos

which is very speculative about other more advanced intelligence's technology, you do not know if it makes it easier to find planets or not. Like I said, Earth could be some alien experiment, aliens with the ability for traversing and mapping the universe.

Then you posted this

I guess we should just stop talking about ufos entirely because all we can do is speculate. No one (known to the public) has ever seen one and been able to study its habitat and habits.

I have seen them, at least thousands of others have seen them, there are reports since the first writings of sightings, there have been finds, there have been cover ups, there are many investigations and serious reports from multiple witnesses.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by doobydoll

Assuming it is actually a physical thing performing those maneuvers, why assume there is any living thing inside that thing?

Why even assume that the apparent motion is happening in the Newtonian physical sense?

-rrr

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Exactly, light is entirely plausible as a means of energy. My own experiences all involved very strong light, an energy beam of light that manipulated mass.

Some interesting points here

That principle was found, in fact, before John Wheeler wrote his famous delcaration. As stated above, that principle is this: "The final irreducible constituent of all physical reality is the electromagnetic field."

Stated another way, "All of nature behaves exactly as if all of nature is made of light." The result is that all things in nature must experience a distortion of space and time that is relativie to their absolute motion through space.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordDerpingtonSmythe

Originally posted by doobydoll

First serious post.

So many people believe this to be true. They can't understand why others don't believe.

Is there even on scrap of evidence to prove it? I wanted to believe for so long. But over the years the fakes have killed my belief. How do you still believe??

I believe UFO's are alien because of the sharp, angular turns they do whilst at ridiculous speeds.

A human being would just be a red, bloody smear on the craft's walls doing those kinds of manouvers, surely?

how about unmanned drones ? .

Unmanned drones could do that without harm to the occupant but it would require an airframe unlike anything we know, otherwise the stresses would cause the airframe to break apart. Aircraft have to be both light and strong and those are opposing goals in aircraft design.

Aside from that the thrust required to achieve such G forces would require a really heavy power plant or something entirely "alien" if you can pardon the word.

The fact is that technology seemingly not achievable by the terrestrial cutting edge seems to show up from time to time well outside test sites.

-rrr

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

First serious post.

So many people believe this to be true. They can't understand why others don't believe.

Is there even on scrap of evidence to prove it? I wanted to believe for so long. But over the years the fakes have killed my belief. How do you still believe??
edit on 10-6-2013 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

I do not think they are all aliens. A good number are likely misidentified natural phenomena or natural events humans have not been regularly subjected to. As of the 1940's we can add in experimental aircraft and other garbage we shoot into the atmosphere.

For the others, however, I lean less towards actual aliens than I do to them being a very distant version of humans. We know for a fact that civilizations existed before us. We have evidence in abundance of things done thousands of years ago that we would be hard pressed to recreate today with our current level of technology and...we already have space capability and we intend on going further, for longer. If we ever did produce a generational ship, we'd be gone a long long time.

In that time, we would lose our muscle mass, making us a bit spindly. We would have less oxygen and would likely be smaller as a result. There would be no constant sunlight so we would also end up with pale skin and bigger eyes. Are these traits sounding familiar?

If we went out into the galaxy, we'd eventually (or even before we left) find places to restock, and ways to manufacture what we need... with technology advances along the way as well.

What would Earth be like when and if we came back? Another species in control? A species kinda like we remember but without all the fun tech toys? We would be the 'original inhabitants' but to the species here when we arrived, we'd be aliens.

But... to answer your question... until someone provides a rational, cohesive and provable theory as to how some of our ancient megalithic structures could be created with stone/bronze tools that lasers and modern technology can not reproduce et. et., I have no rational choice but to believe 'aliens' are out there. There is simply not enough evidence to decide one way or the other. So, my mind is open until undeniable, verifiable proof is presented that they do not or can not exist.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The reason why I "hope" that UFOs are of alien origin and not human is because I would trust some unknown species to such technology more than I would the human race. It terrifies me to think of beings with the track record that we have (murder, rape, slavery, mass genocide, theft in the form of government) manning something such as that. Insert any government anywhere in the world. The worst an alien race could do is the same thing human beings do every day by themselves.

The proof could sway it one way or the other but I find it completely plausible that alien races would visit this planet for the simple reason it is teeming with life. The same reason human beings study oceans and forests more than sand dunes. Could that reasoning be wrong? Of course. Are all UFOs alien in origin? Probably not.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
There are things I don't know about. There are things I don't want to know about, and there are things I SHOULD"NT know about. I think that is how the Government wants the Sheeple to think.
P.S. Taken loosely from "Pee Wee's Big Adventure".

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
90% of the UFO are man man made,like sr 71 blackbird in the 50, and 10% are interdimensional or from space !

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tg_spider

Did the UFO fact government provide you with those figures or did you just presume them, a guesstimate perchance?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Because some people have had ACTUAL encounters. its not so hard to understand :shk:

maybe that is why aliens will never visit YOU! for the way you judge others. thats what you deserve no contact of outer space life what so ever

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Indeed I did! I think my second post was a detailed account. I was accused of all sorts, hallucinating, hallucinating, over reacting. But I'm telling you, and if just one person believes me it's enough, I SAW it. UP CLOSE right outside my house. I'd take any test to prove I'm not lying, and it was NOT a human looking craft. Unless we fly in huuuuge pyramids that change colour. The one I saw was firing a beam into our local park too, it gave off ZERO glare or bloom. Like a laser. It made ZERO noise and stayed for well over 20 minutes. It could literally fold in on itself, slowly, and reappear somewhere else, folding back in slowly. Maybe decloaking I don't know.....
But it WAS there and it ruined my life. No one believed me and I can't view the world the same, I keep thinking someone, somewhere HAS to have see them too. That video was a huuuge relief, though not because it's clearly global. NASA or someone must see them, honestly they're very very big, and can go from jet black into full, liquid colour in under a second.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Can you provide a quote from someone that said that something doesn't exist until proven scientifically?

Let's try this..

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

That's a lot of sightings. Which ones were confirmed alien space vehicles?

What does "confirmed" mean in this statement?

Absent that "confirmation" does that mean that those sightings were not Alien craft?

If you can not say one way or another...then wouldn't discussing the evidence be useful in forming an opinion, if not a scientific conclusion?

Good catch...
My general mindset is that they very well could be alien vehicles but its just not proven without a doubt. Personally, I'm not convinced we are being visited, although its possible. So if I'm trying to figure out the likelihood of any given sighting being due to an alien craft, I can't since I know of no known alien crafts visiting earth. However, I can work with a whole bunch of other "confirmed" misidentifications. Speculation on some unknown thing being due to aliens seems pointless although, fun.

So things can exist without me knowing about them. I am certain there are lots of things that exist that I have no clue about. Aliens could be here but to me the evidence so far does not suggest they have been discovered. We may just be simply looking in the wrong spot.
edit on 11-6-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I highly suggest people loook up the word Pareidolia which explains the Ufo's to the letter.

People are free to believe in UFOS all they want just like those who don't.

edit on 11-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Ahhhh....much better than the "they don't need lights" argument.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Read the krill papers and do research on dulce new mexico.

There are also quite a few programs on tv, magazines, books written, etc.

There is probably lots of evidence but most of it has been covered up for a long time.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by Jefferton

Because you can't disprove that they don't exist. Nay sayers do just that, debunkers of the great unknown do so based on there own intellect and at the end of the day it's the same reason Atheist and Religious folk bicker and banter like children.

Unfortunately none is the greater and your own personal belief in any said topic as long as it rings true to you is what matters most.

Unless you have something that proves that they don't exist w/o reasonable doubt that is

I am actually under the impression they do exist based on what I have uncovered while researching a completely different subject.

I was actually under the impression they were government craft, after seeing some near an air force base growing up, but ran into evidence to the contrary - at least regarding the individuals, not necessarily the crafts,

and I still think what I saw were government test flights.

edit on 11-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

First serious post.

so then if they are man made apparatuses our government is withholding technology that can solve all the world's problems overnight. If it's unconventional craft that means they can deliver food, water, health needs, education, etc. to points all around the world in an instant without burning fossil fuels. That's stuff that shouldn't be held under wraps and if normal humans on some other technological time line have invented this stuff while the rest of us pollute the environment, that would be just unimaginable.

besides it doesn't make sense that we came up with this stuff on our own and if we got the idea from someone else well then there's your answer.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The fakes are people who exploit a subject for monetary gain. Youtube & the fact that everybody has a camera is not going to help discover Truth like people believe. It's actually by best Tool of misdirection ever. Government doesn't even need to work at hiding anything because of it. My Point is this.... If you seen a UFO in daylight landing & video taped it in HD 1080 & put it on YouTube, it will be called Fake because it looks to Real. Even if someone analyzed it as being Real, which we have a Lot of. The sceptics would call it real good C.G.I or whatever. The real evidence is in Case Files, Disclosure hearings, & by taking a Realistic Look at History to see it for what it is. Or just believe that we are alone among Billions of Planets or That No advanced Race could be more Advanced then us & Travel by means we haven't even Pretended of Yet. After all, We are an Egotistical Race of Know it Alls.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join