It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people still believe that UFO's are alien?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

I believe they are aliens... or inter dimensional beings on the grounds that when I summon them telepathically they show. I have deep spiritual talks with them...telepathically. Though they do no show themselves all the time. More so when I regularly exercise my pineal gland. And when I consistantly ask to see them. If I dont miss a night the "show is greater and greater. Believe dont believe. I did not ask you to...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienView

Why do people still believe that UFO's are alien?

A UFO is an unidentified flying object. Until the identity of the object can be established it must be assumed that
it is alien. Alien meaning it is strange and unknown as to nature and origin. Whether it represents alien beings or some type of physical or psychic manifestation remains unknown and speculative - but until known and identified it
should be, in fact must be, considered A-L-I-E-N.

I must be considered a Hallucination until proven otherwise.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

www.abovetopsecret.com...

hallucination right? the mayor and his family, the military, as well as thousands of people saw it with their own eyes. 35 hospitalized, 2 died. Can't really hallucinate burns can you?

This one example shoots down the "hallucination" argument, well?

Enough "evidence" of an unidentified flying object yet?

www.mufon.com...
edit on 13-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

This one example shoots down the "hallucination" argument, well?

Well, there is this aspect to it:

If these events are in any way factual; something out there isn't very friendly

And, as Armap pointed out, there really isn't much reason to put an ET explanation to it.

edit on 6/13/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, but it is confirmation of unidentified flying objects while ruling out the hallucination/natural phenomenon possibility.

Not ET, but UFO.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Lights in the night are not necessarily objects.

edit on 6/13/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hair splitting, but sure let's call it "unidentified flying lights".

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Any flying subjects unidentified are called UFO. But flying saucers are driven by alien. So we can't equate UFO with Alien. That's just simple.

edit on 13-6-2013 by Xnibiru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Some more ancient sightings of UFO, before the technological era of air travel and MSM.

rense.com...

www.paranormalhaze.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter
reply to post by Phage

Yes, but it is confirmation of unidentified flying objects while ruling out the hallucination/natural phenomenon possibility.

Not ET, but UFO.

If someone sees Venus or a ballon in the sky, and they "see" it moving in alien like ways, it's a hallucination. The story "built" after that is more like a delusion.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter
reply to post by Phage

Hair splitting, but sure let's call it "unidentified flying lights".
But are they necessarily flying.
edit on 13-6-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

Posting in the train is challenging
edit on 13-6-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The laundry list fallacy seems to be the biggest mis-step of ET Visitation proponents.

The longer the list = the truth.

In reality the veracity and credibility of a given report is what needs to be thoroughly investigated.

A thousand miss-identifications, hoaxes, hallucinations and sightings of military experimental crafts does not equal absolute proof of alien visitation.

For me...a singular, or one or two, well examined cases that come with credibility is what counts.

Personally...the O'hare UFO case was one that stood out, but I am sure there are one or two others.

I have no respect for those that lean on laundry lists to make thier case of the existence of Alien visitation.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Good point. Really all you need is one "confirmed" case and not 1000 sorta maybe cases. Which was my point a couple of pages ago. No matter how many zeros you add together, you still get zero. That's the way I see it. I understand that a few cases are very interesting and seem to represent some kind of pisitive evidence for ET. However, the equation doesn't change. It is still an unknown. Any value asigned to this is generated from imagination, and that works both ways, even with any stupid thing I throw out there. It doesn't matter if it truly is ET, our imaginations are still running the show.

The argument I hear a lot is "the odds are in favor that just one of the thousands of sightings is ET". I would have a hard time putting money down on those odds.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
The laundry list fallacy seems to be the biggest mis-step of ET Visitation proponents.

The longer the list = the truth.

In reality the veracity and credibility of a given report is what needs to be thoroughly investigated.

A thousand miss-identifications, hoaxes, hallucinations and sightings of military experimental crafts does not equal absolute proof of alien visitation.

For me...a singular, or one or two, well examined cases that come with credibility is what counts.

Personally...the O'hare UFO case was one that stood out, but I am sure there are one or two others.

I have no respect for those that lean on laundry lists to make thier case of the existence of Alien visitation.

Ufos have been spotted for thousands of years. There is nothing inheritantly wrong with using "a aluandry list" to make the case that we have been visited by aliens for a long time. Sure many can and probably are misindifications but some are genuine alien craft.

True history and mainstream history are miles apart. The elite do not want people knowing the truth, esotercism, thus they creat secret societies like masonry or rosecrucianism to study real histry there. It should be common knowledge though, not hidden.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Did you even read the case for Colares? People had burn marks and were hospitalized, 2 people died. You're telling me this "story" is built around "delusion" and we have thousands of people being terrorized and watching lights in the sky because they're all crazy? The mayor and his family watching it in the sky as well, I guess they're all crazy right?

You're still arguing about hallucination, and didn't even bother reading that case.

Notice how nowhere did I say they were "ET", I just made a point saying that all these people who had burns did not hallucinate a UFO sighting, they were being chased by lights and terrorized.

The military and air force all confirmed the sighting.

The colonel who retired made an interview describing everything he saw 20 years later, 2 months after that interview he strangled himself in his own home. Yeah, definitely no hallucinations, that was my point.

Answer this question: (after you do research into Colares) Do you believe this specific case in Colares is a mass scale hallucination?

If after doing research and you still reply yes, then I have no comments for you.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Nobody is crazy. They are just being humans. I love reading those cases, they are fascinating. I just can't make heads or tails out of what is real, hype, misinterpretation, misidentification, good reporting, bad reporting, truth or lie. Can you?

It is an interesting story.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
because i am one.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
People believe this, simply because it is one of the few, logical explanations, as to what could be behind the navigation of such extraordinaire air crafts..

I believe that there are five explanations to UFO's these being:

1. That some are merely satellites that the human eye miscomprehends, or that perhaps some are actually caused by some sort of freak and or unknown natural phenomenon.

2. That these UFO's are being navigated by time travelers and or beings from a separate dimension.

3. That some (could be) merely our government testing undisclosed "top secret" aircrafts that they are developing.

4. That they are navigated by extraterrestrial beings (aliens).

5. In some cases, that they are nothing at all, besides one's imagination.

The question is, WHY wouldn't people believe that extra terrestrial beings are a possible candidate behind a portion (if not many) of hundreds of thousands of UFO sightings and reports? For one to completely disregard this as a possibility, is a bit ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by fleabit

There have been people put to death or sentenced to life in prison with the same sort of evidence that is produced for UFOs. So.. it's good enough for a court of law, but it's not good enough when it comes to UFOs? Why not?

Because at least when something comes to trial there is evidence of a crime. A body or something. And we know that people commit crimes.

But you're right, people have been executed and sentenced to life in prison, often times wrongly so. With the same sort of evidence.

edit on 6/12/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

And there have been many more cases where the right party was imprisoned or put to death because of the evidence. Just like UFO sightings, some are incorrectly identified, witnesses in the heat of the moment misunderstand or are fooled by what they see. And many are correct. Because humans are not as stupid as people seem to think they are. It's a common occurrence with UFO sightings. When someone sees something extraordinary, without even knowing the first thing about the person, those reading the report automatically reduce their perception of that persons intelligence, cognizance, ability to discern what they are seeing.

It's like the Phoenix lights (i.e. not the flares - the craft seen before). Those who reported a massive boomerang-shaped craft.. why do people so readily discount these reports? Because they might have actually say.. seen a 747 and were fooled by it? Seriously? If YOU had seen a 747 flying low for whatever reason, how long would it take you to identify it as such? 2 seconds at most? I'd imagine so. Even with the shock or amazement, people are not nearly as stupid, ignorant, or unable to logically come to a reasonable conclusion as people assume they are when it comes to UFO sightings.

It's a very real phenomena. As soon as someone says they have seen a UFO, people automatically, knowing -nothing- about that person, knock their intelligence, awareness, perception, etc.. down several notches. Because if they have seen a UFO, they couldn't possibly be as sharp as a "normal" person... right?

Whenever I have looked at something in the sky I was not immediately aware of what it could be, my mind went through a series of deductions in mere seconds. I could without a problem, identify it for what it was (imo). Be it a weather balloon (which I saw in a drive-through one day.. a white round circle), plane reflecting sunlight, birds, helicopters, etc. When I finally saw what I considered an actual UFO, my mind went through the same mental gymnastics. How fast, did it change direction, did it leave a contrail, did it make a sound, was there a point of reference, etc.

And when someone sees something much closer and simply amazing, I have to assume they, as a human with a thinking, rational mind, that can deduce and quickly eliminate things it could -not- be, is pretty spot-on when it describes something literally out of this world. If you want to think 10s of thousands of witnesses are all being misled by their own perceptions, ignorance, etc.. that's ok. I tend to think that humans are not quite as stupid as all that. Many professional and military minds have seen inexplicable things. And I personally believe they can also deduce what it could not be, and decide correctly if it's something that is extraordinary.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Exactly. Whilst there are some obvious mis interpretations and hoaxes, there are also many REAL and perfectly lucid sightings that are properly interpreted as UNIDENTIFIED or often, identified as exactly as their physical appearance portrays to the human eye, that is for example a silver disc in the sky, a series of lights on a black triangle, a fast moving cigar shaped craft, shape shifting mass with luminescence that defies current human knowledge etc etc.

Most credible witnesses to such things describe things as they have seen them, and there are many credible accounts, including multiple witnesses.

And when someone sees something much closer and simply amazing, I have to assume they, as a human with a thinking, rational mind, that can deduce and quickly eliminate things it could -not- be, is pretty spot-on when it describes something literally out of this world. If you want to think 10s of thousands of witnesses are all being misled by their own perceptions, ignorance, etc.. that's ok. I tend to think that humans are not quite as stupid as all that. Many professional and military minds have seen inexplicable things. And I personally believe they can also deduce what it could not be, and decide correctly if it's something that is extraordinary

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join