It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people still believe that UFO's are alien?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The last time I checked mermaids, big foot, Elvis and Tupac didn't show up on radar and force maneuvers on experienced pilots, or have the military scramble jets to intercept.

Nice try though, like the others you try to pin the argument on something ridiculously unrelated, really?

What does mermaids, big foot, Elvis and Tupac have anything to do with something we cannot identify in the air?

Don't try to argue with the definition of the term "unidentified" flying objects.

Like I said earlier, perfect example of someone saying lalala with fingers in their ears when even the term "unidentified flying objects" are mentioned.

Note how not even ONCE the term "alien" was used?

The mistake here is relating the term "alien" with "UFO" like many have said before, but you don't seem to even understand the definition of UFO.

edit on 11-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamike

People believe UFO's are alien for the same reasons they believe God actually made some form of contact with men. People want to believe that their life is part of something greater.

Not in my case. Take Roswell for example. I would LOVE to believe that we simply recovered something of our own make, or something the Russians were using. Why? Because the alternative is pretty damn scary. So far, the only explanation that makes sense to me (based on all the evidence) is that we found something that we didn't make, couldn't make, and neither did any other terrestrial power...therefore, who made it?

So, presumably, we have these intelligent beings who can traverse the stars, yet strive to conceal themselves from us. What is their agenda? What do they plan to do with this technological superiority? The only comfort is that in over half a century, the simply don't seem interested. I'm cool with that. Logistically, we could never win a war with a technologically superior alien force. They could simply remain in orbit and pound us into submission. We couldn't touch them if they put a factory up there cranking out weapons of war...but they could bomb us before we even laid the foundation for a rebuild.

No, this is one UFO nut who would be a little more comfortable with aliens who WERE NOT visiting us. Rarely is a person's motivation to help you, when they are sneaking around your house....

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
First serious post.

So many people believe this to be true. They can't understand why others don't believe.

Is there even on scrap of evidence to prove it? I wanted to believe for so long. But over the years the fakes have killed my belief. How do you still believe??
edit on 10-6-2013 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2013 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

Why do some people still believe that UFO's aren't aliens?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hi!

Many of you believe that UFO's are like an aircraft and it travels over a greater distance to reach us. Why limit our thoughts? I think there are more ways to get from A to B than to go in a straight line towards the target.

I think they teleport themselves here. They have discovered the invisible fields we can not see and they can bend the law to what suits them. No G force? check! No traveling, check!

Peace.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

And the point is?

Fine UFO 'exist' because someone else says so.

That is the entire UFO debate.

For the record radar is not infallable there is such a thing as en.wikipedia.org...

Read:

In radar processing, multipath causes ghost targets to appear, deceiving the radar receiver. These ghosts are particularly bothersome since they move and behave like the normal targets (which they echo), and so the receiver has difficulty in isolating the correct target echo. These problems can be overcome by incorporating a ground map of the radar's surroundings and eliminating all echoes which appear to originate below ground or above a certain height.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I understand your feeling. With all the new talk about multiple dimensions and hollow earth, split time lines etc etc...the Alien theory gets lost in the shuffle. Aline theory being that they come from another planet in our solar system or beyond, seems like a reach now with all these seemingly now possible scenarios. My train of thought is that i believed it before and saw it as a reasonable plausability, so why change my opinion now just because I think there is a better answer out there now? I don't think we will understand this until the day of FULL diclosure , but I am sure we will find perhaps they are all right?? Only time will tell.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by doobydoll

Assuming it is actually a physical thing performing those maneuvers, why assume there is any living thing inside that thing?

Point taken.

If there was a living being in there, it couldn't be a human.

If there isn't anything alive flying it. Then I have no idea what it could be.

What do you think they are?
edit on 10-6-2013 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

doobydoll - I'll have to disagree. First of all: Why send a robot to do a human's job? Do you really think that they would have the foolishness to send a technologically advanced robot --- all alone ---just waiting to be captured, or possibly go bonkers on a alien population such as ourselves?

My speculation...is that the otherworlder starships that ocassionally visit our planet, are equipped with there own kind of gravity field, that completely encases the starship itself, thusly voiding the hazards of gravitational effects --- on living biological entities --- such as the ones encountered here on Earth and elsewhere.

If you want real proof of peaceful space alien invasions of our planet --- besides actual eyewitness acounts of alien starship incursions --- by people like myself --- you'll probably have to crash into the area where the U.S. govenment holds the Ultra Top Secret Files and steal vital security information, about how the otherworlders can run circles around our own technologically advanced craft --- if you can call an obsolete craft --- "technologically advanced."

Cheers,

Erno86
edit on 11-6-2013 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 11-6-2013 by Erno86 because: added a few words

edit on 11-6-2013 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Because they want to believe I guess. The most likely scenario for alien visitors would be that we are tied to them somehow, that we are part of a star travelling species, but got cut off from civilisation on this rock somehow and have been rediscovered by those whom knew about us.

That an totally alien civilisation happened to conincide with our timeline AND stumble upon us is much more unlikely and the first scenario is whishfull thinking too of course.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Depends on what you meanby 'alien'. Doesn't necessarily need to be a 'lifeform from another planetary system'. Could simply be us - our ancestors - coming back to check in on a 'colony' they abandoned, long ago, OR could even just be our own military industrial complex (with 'alien' - meaning strange, advanced, not-understood - technology)

I've always maintained:

Either…

1) That we have been visited by an advanced civilization in our past,

OR

2) Another advanced civilization has existed in our planet's history. Our 'ancestors' - as civilizations rise and fall on this planet (either thru self-annihilation or other Extinction Level Event) - or other iteration of human, if you prefer, that existed in our mysterious and unknown past - became more advanced in certain areas of the sciences.

[And, 3) Religions of the world are merely different cultures trying to make sense of the activities they have witnessed by an afore-mentioned advanced civilization, thereby describing the amazing things that they have seen in terms they understand based on their limited understanding of science and technology]

There's 2 cool things about this:

1) It doesn't necessarily negate the theory of evolution, in any way (if that's your thing) - that portion could've still happened exactly as put forth by Darwinian advocates.

AND

2) Any one of the [suggested] previous, more advanced flavor of human might have had the capability of developing flight apparatusses (it would only have to be slightly more advanced than our own current technology - think how far we've come so quickly (more below))

Either way... something in our past certainly knew how to fly/hover/exist in the air at some point - maybe there never were any 'aliens' - it was just an 'older us' all along... but... should that lost/forgotten version of us happened to have existed, and continued to develop (elsewhere) and then come back to visit our 'newer' self at a different time... wouldn't that seem just as 'alien'?!

Think of the following 3 completely different and unrelated points to ponder:

PtP A: the possibility of imminent annihilation – and, therefor DE-volution and re-evolution of our species – thru either a) mutual self-destruction through technology, or b) Extinction Level Event, from any number of causes (pandemic, asteroid/meteor, ice age, CME, etc), AND c) the likelihood that either a) or b) has occurred, perhaps many times, in our planet’s past.

PtP B: Suppose, you are on one of the world's most expensive yachts, with the most technologically advanced gadgets, machinery and tools, and with a crew and passenger list of extremely intelligent and capable individuals. But, for whatever reason become stranded on a desert island thru some malfunction that cannot be fixed with materials and knowledge aboard (sound unrealistic? Have we already forgotten the Carnival Triumph?) - AND, go unrescued for any number of reasons, but for argument’s sake, let’s say that PtP A [above]occurs simultaneously with your unfortunate boating incident, but, you remain a safe distance from any immediate danger – bottom line: there is no rescue coming, no outside help, and you are stuck on an island with a lot of fancy gadgets and smart people. How many generations does it take before machinery stops working, knowledge is lost, and all the fantastic – but, now dilapidated - machinery, gadgets and capabilities are simply legend and folklore? (not long)

PtP C: No matter which side of the religious coin you are on (and, Christian/Catholic, in particular) we have only had manned, airborn flight at the very MOST of 2% of our civilization's existence (probably more like 1/10th of 1%!!!). And in that short time, we have gone from flying the first manned object 120 feet, to improving that feat to halfway around the world, to putting man on the surface a celestial object that is 420,000 miles away, to putting intelligently controlled objects on the surface of another celestial object that has never, in recorded history, been closer 143x that distance (or 24.5M miles) [how much further advanced would a civilization now be (in front of us) that was capable of ANY type of flight in our ancient past?! – and, what else would/could they be capable of? Surely, we cannot even comprehend: ftl travel? Manipulate space-stime? Exist in a different medium/dimension?]

Call them what you want, 'aliens' or 'advanced ancestors'... SOMEthing of a higher evolution than our current, human, 'age of aquariaus', 4.54 × 109 years ± 1% years old at this exact time, civilization-selves has existed on this planet... at some point in our ancient past.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You may have been around human technology but we are talking other more advanced species, which you do not know, so if you do not know these advanced species how would you know which tech they do / don't have?

I hope that comment about learning things only from the internet wasn't aimed at me, I am educated and a lot of it well before the advent of mainstream internet, do not presume things about those you know nothing of, it is very conceited.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
First serious post.

So many people believe this to be true. They can't understand why others don't believe.

Is there even on scrap of evidence to prove it? I wanted to believe for so long. But over the years the fakes have killed my belief. How do you still believe??

And such a thread needs to be top title on the Home Page???? Wow ATS are losing quality...

So this is it, a question? The answer to which is - because of the many clues from evolution to drawings, stories, some not myth but reality that suggest intervention of other beings, plus the way too high technology than the human mind would invent for 60 years (talk about at least a hundred of years to hundreds of years ahead technology), plus all accounts that DEFY HUMAN behavior, logic, technology and beings.

Does that answer WHY? Also believe UFO = Alien is wrong, simply say - another possibility and a big one to have alien UFOs as well, labeling all as 100% alien or 100% human until proven what it is, is wrong.

There are so many wrong points here but I don't have time to point them all - from saying 'Aliens would not use light' - well light beings, dimensions, frequency, I would say someone who posts that does not understand what light means, if it is all about lamps, light sources, car lights...
edit on 11-6-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't care if you believe in aliens or spaghetti monsters in the sky, the reality doesn't change, a phenomenon is truly happening.
edit on 11-6-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

Well said... But didn't you get the~

Ignorance Memo: We are ignorrant Human's who know everything about our blue marble and the rest of the cosmos...

Don't take the Memo seriously, I'm just playin... There's major faults in said memo anywho~

edit on 11-6-2013 by sulaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes, phage pointed that out. I was talking about cases which both pilots are witnessing the object at the same time the radar is confirming it. It's not a person sitting at desk looking at radar readings.

listverse.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Now any advanced civilization capable of space flight would not be using lights or anything else we could ever

And to point out one of them, why do you think they are putting some car lights on their spaceships? Actually, no matter how true or fiction some stories regarding alien encounters in underground bases are - do you understand what light is? There are numerous ways to produce it, including substances, chemical compounds, energy that we may not have even dreamed about.

They do not need light because they are too blind to see in the dark... it's produced. Even the theories of how higher frequencies turn matter into light sounds plausible as a natural occurrence and not because they need light'
edit on 11-6-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

...that we may not have even dreamed about.

I believe I said something remarkably similar, somewhere in here

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I highly suggest people loook up the word Pareidolia which explains the Ufo's to the letter.

People are free to believe in UFOS all they want just like those who don't.

edit on 11-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter
It annoys me when people say things like "wow, the distances are too great for us humans, therefore it's impossible for an alien visit"

IF, IF an alien were to visit, and they can explore galaxies why the heck is it hard for them to find earth?

Use your logic, if they can travel galaxies, finding life on earth would be a walk in the park.

No intergalactic travel ability in no way makes it easier to find earth. Looking for the signs of life like chemical composition atmospheric conditions and what not is fairly straight forward tech way less advanced than the ability to travel the cosmos. My point however is that the universe is big really big.... Needle in a haystack is a perfect comparison. It wouldn't be impossible but certainly not easy given the sheer volume of the universe and numbers of star systems to examine.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Said from a human point of view. For all humanity knows, Earth and Earth species could be entirely monitored, or a known construct, an experiment, or there could be advanced intelligence's that are aware of very large areas of, or even all of, the universe / multiverse.

Humans should stop presuming knowledge of advanced species when they do not even know much, if anything, of such advanced species.

If you had never seen a cat, nor knew anything of cats, it would be unwise of you to comment on the habitat and abilities of cats.
edit on 11-6-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I go back and forth on the UFO thing. I was obsessed with them for a few years after seeing what could be best described as a jellyfish just kind of chilling. Im not convinced there alien spacecraft I think the idea of a inter dimensional/ spiritual being is just as likely as there being a physical craft

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join