It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: China Backs Iran Amid Difficult Nuclear Talks With EU

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
AGAIN...you're distorting my statements...

I didn't say America should be attacked!!

All I said was "America will get what it deserves."

You took that as me wanting America to be attacked...

So the basic logic here is that you believe what America deserves is to be attacked?

One more time now..

I say "America will get what it deserves."
You say, "He wants America to be attacked."

So...
You think America deserves to be attacked.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   

As for our leadership. How does that equate to the rest of the population?? I think Bush and Kerry both represent the average American about as much as Donald Trump does.

Haha... Agreed.

You guys are keeping me up late... It's 2am right now and I got up at 5am this morning. I really need to go to bed. LOL...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   

How DARE you call Americans "arrogant"??

You come on an AMERIACAN website. On a computer INVENTED in the USA,
over the network that was also invented and maintained by the US, and insult all Americans.

Talk about arrogance and condescending attitude.

Hello, 1942, Bletchley Park/GCHQ, England, Great Britian. Site of the invention of the first computer.

*ALERT, Generalisation, ALERT*

Americans are accused of being arrogant because that is how they are seen. The "unilateral" action in Iraq is a case in point. The French make their position clear. They opposed the war without giving the UN processes the full time required. Hans Blix had not finished his work. The US response? To say France was "old Europe" and no longer mattered and to change the name of the chips served in the Capitol from French to "Freedom" Fries. In my, and my friends', experience US travellers are the most intensely disliked of all tourists in English-speaking countries. In the most recent example a friend came out of a museum in Perth, WA after taking a guided tour. During the guided tour an American tourist had asked the tour-guide "Was Australia in WW2?"
An MP stood up and in the House of Commons denounced the film U271 for the sole reason that it portrayed the USN's mission to steal and Enigma and crack the Kriegsmarine's code. Completely ignoring the fact that the RN carried out this feat, with no help or assistance and the people at Bletchley Park, wh invented the computer, cracked the code.

This is why Americans are labeled as arrogant.

Back to topic.

Interesting. China is a partner in the six-nations talks to end North Korea's program but threatens to use its veto to support Iran. China is North Korea's only ally on the face of the planet but the support is going not to a fellow Communist nation but instead a theocracy that would appear to stand for many of the things Chairman Mao railed against.

Given China's diplomatic moves to protect Iran's interest it's entirely possible that Israel will simply repeat its operation of 1981 when they flattened the Osirak reactor at al Tuweitha. Thereby allowing the US to sidestep the veto process altogether.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
I didn't say America should be attacked!!

All I said was "America will get what it deserves."

You took that as me wanting America to be attacked...

So the basic logic here is that you believe what America deserves is to be attacked?

I think that's right...

One more time now..

I say "America will get what it deserves."
You say, "He wants America to be attacked."

So...
You think America deserves to be attacked.

Nice...I see youve gone back and edited your post where you specifically said "I cant wait for an attack on American soil."

*censored* *censored*

I wont say another word.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by __rich__
And they were paid development costs with US FEDERAL grants.

And Fleming discovered it. My point stands.

The US then GAVE the "recipe" for penecillin to the rest of the world for FREE.

Because we are such fat, lazy, monsters.

Pardon me

Penicillin was discovered by Alexander Fleming in a small, musty, dusty laboratory at St Mary's Hospital in 1928.

Do you know what country St Mary's is located in.

Source : ttp://www.history1900s.about.com/cs/alexanderfleming/index.htm

[edit on 7/11/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
lol ALERT ALERT

Herman Hollerith invented the first computer.

www.maxmon.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
That's a lie.

Because that is BS. I always say the same thing...It's either justice, or what it deserves.
On top of that, the posts you are referring don't say anything about being edited on the bottom, so I couldn't have edited them...

So now you are resorting to lies, to cover up the maze of logic you trapped yourself in.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Interesting. China is a partner in the six-nations talks to end North Korea's program but threatens to use its veto to support Iran. China is North Korea's only ally on the face of the planet but the support is going not to a fellow Communist nation but instead a theocracy that would appear to stand for many of the things Chairman Mao railed against.

Given China's diplomatic moves to protect Iran's interest it's entirely possible that Israel will simply repeat its operation of 1981 when they flattened the Osirak reactor at al Tuweitha. Thereby allowing the US to sidestep the veto process altogether.

Don't be surprised if Taiwan is attacked by China shortly after a scenario like this - and NK goes south at the same time. I think your analysis could happen and is likely in the next few months.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Pardon me

Penicillin was discovered by Alexander Fleming in a small, musty, dusty laboratory at St Mary's Hospital in 1928.

Do you know what country St Mary's is located in.

Source : ttp://www.history1900s.about.com/cs/alexanderfleming/index.htm

Quite alright, chap. St. Marys is in London.

BUT is wasn't without US federal grants that they were able to mass produce it, as part of the war effort, when Florey came to the US.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   

BUT is wasn't without US federal grants that they were able to mass produce it, as part of the war effort, when Florey came to the US.

Which is NOT paying for it's invention or creation. Only its mass-production.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

QUITE correct sir.

Which is EXACTLY what I said. The US gave penicillin to the world for FREE.

And what do we get in return? Disrespected and spit on.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   

QUITE correct sir.

Which is EXACTLY what I said. The US gave penicillin to the world for FREE.

Well, then in that case...

The US also gave us the rocket, the jet engine, radar, sonar, the motorvehicle and the industrial revolution.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   

The US also gave us the rocket, the jet engine, radar, sonar, the motorvehicle and the industrial revolution.

Well, the last two weren't funded with federal grants.

And we kept the other things secret for our own use.

But we gave the world medicine for the benefit of all mankind.

Where we could have kept it or sold it at enormous profits.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tacitblue
Don't be surprised if Taiwan is attacked by China shortly after a scenario like this - and NK goes south at the same time. I think your analysis could happen and is likely in the next few months.

That is a scary thought.

But, remember if China attacks Taiwan, I'm sure all the technical factories and everything have some kind of failsafe.

Where the Chinese wont be able to exploit their technical resorces?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Well, the last two weren't funded with federal grants.

And we kept the other things secret for our own use.

But we gave the world medicine for the benefit of all mankind.

Where we could have kept it or sold it at enormous profits.

What? Not sold medicine at enourmous profits. Do you know how much money Glaxo-Smith-Kline and the rest make? And have you got a clue as to who invented jets, rockets, radar and sonar?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I doubt they would, i mean, why would they? I met a man from Taiwan who recently traveled back home and realized that many of the young Taiwanese men and women consider themselves a part of China and care not for the Anti-Chinese bias of the old timers.

Deep

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

I doubt they would, i mean, why would they? I met a man from Taiwan who recently traveled back home and realized that many of the young Taiwanese men and women consider themselves a part of China and care not for the Anti-Chinese bias of the old timers.

Deep

Not according to a recent thread on ATS.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   

What? Not sold medicine at enourmous profits. Do you know how much money Glaxo-Smith-Kline and the rest make? And have you got a clue as to who invented jets, rockets, radar and sonar?

glazo smith kline made no money at the time penecillin was invented.

and lets see..in order:

germany, china (although Goddard made the first liquid fueled), england, and US (first patented submarine detector)

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   

glazo smith kline made no money at the time penecillin was invented.

and lets see..in order:

germany, china (although Goddard made the first liquid fueled), england, and US (first patented submarine detector)

You said medicine, generally. Not "the" medicine, singular referring to Penicillin. Americans make billions out of medicine, they do not give it to the world for free.

The jet was co-invented by Sir Frank Whittle and a German named Von Ohayn at the same time in two different countries at war with each other, they also invented radar simultaneously and Asdic (I'm very certain) was British.

Absolutely none of which has to do with China or Iran.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   

You said Make, present tense, not made. Americans make billions out of medicine, they do not give it to the world for free.

The jet was co-invented by Sir Frank Whittle and a German named Von Ohayn at the same time in two different countries at war with each other, they also invented radar simultaneously and Asdic (I'm very certain) was British.

Absolutely none of which has to do with China or Iran.

nope sonar was invented right here in the good old USA by Lewis Nixon in 1906.

youre right I forgot that england coinvented the jet.

and what I said was that the US GAVE away penecillin at the time we invented the process to mass produce it.

but were just splitting hairs here. the real point is that the USA gives away more aid and a greater perecentage of our GDP than ANY other country.

and we still dont get any respect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join