It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[VIDEO] Mermaid Sighting in Kiryat, Yam, Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, Goblins, Gremlins, The Leprechaun, Mermaids, etc., which do you believe in? Anyone who watches a television program about proof of mermaid existence has got to be extremely gullible. Mermaids, just not possible.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It's a fake, The Discovery channel posted a "disclaimer" before & after the show stating it was pure fiction but it still managed to fool so many.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The exit.....looked as if it was towed by boat or hand off the rock, with little tugs at first then a big pull...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
shame on animal planet, the original was shown last year, the disclaimer was at the VERY END of the credits, the only real thing was the bloop sound that was recorded several years ago that they never figured out what it was, so they built this "what if" story around it.

why they made this sequel, I don't know... there was a show that explained that mermaids wouldn't look like that. Their bodies would have to be really thick in order to survive the different temps in the ocean.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I would love for it to be real too, but it's just off.

Why keep turning for the other person's reaction?

Why not zoom in on the thing of interest?

Those things make me think it's a hoax/prank.

Thanks for posting!

That was my first thought when i watch the Animal Planet program. if you saw this and it was real would you turn and video a friends face to see the response! No!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Though this is most definitely another fake, the Aquatic Ape Theory is actually really interesting.

Aquatic Ape Hypothesis

The aquatic ape hypothesis (AAH) or aquatic ape theory (AAT) is a hypothesis about human evolution, which posits that the ancestors of modern humans spent a period of time adapting to a semiaquatic existence.[1][2] AAH emerged from the observation that some traits that set humans apart from other primates have parallels in aquatic mammals. It was first proposed by German pathologist Max Westenhöfer in 1942, and then independently by English marine biologist Alister Hardy in 1960. After Hardy, the most prominent proponent has been Welsh writer Elaine Morgan, who has written several books on the topic.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

That program was a hoax, just incase you didn't know. At the end of the program, they specified it
wasn't real and a hoax, just like this video is.

The video is a fake. As a teacher of various medias, I would have given this person a C-. They're
way off on some of their perimeters.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

There's some similarity between this fake mermaid documentary and the Orson Welles "War of the Worlds" broadcast. After viewing the fictional documentary, many people walked away believing mermaids are real. I find this type of false programming is strictly being used to increase viewer ratings. The spike in viewership after the first documentary had producers creating this second documentary.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

That made me smile!! True Good MAGIC has arrived!!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Hallmarks of a viral video.

When something truly astounding happens, you will notice people kind of look in awe until it's done, then say, "wtf is that?"

Not saying it's the only way it can happen, but in this case the reactions just look like b-movie acting...

Shoot, even B-movies have better acting than this. With all due respect to the OP, everything about this video just screams fake.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
I would so love this to be real -

I think there is something very funny looking about the way the supposed 'mermaid' swims away.

Apparently the footage was also used in the American Animal Planet show ' New Evidence' which aired only in America on 26th May this year?

others are saying that it may be part of a publicity stunt by the towns tourist board who are offering a 1million reward for proof of existence.

Link

H

O

A

X~!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

This clip was actually from the "Mermaids" documentary, I think it might have been staged.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The "Mermaids" documentary was not about mermaids it was a anti navy sonar show.

There will be 100,000s of sheepeople that will not have read the disclaimer that will now believe the navy is killing mermaids and support a ban on the high power navy sonars.

i.chzbgr.com...

Then one site even posted a fake DHS take down to fool the public.
www.believeinmermaids.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Ok then,

Let's protect Israel because they have mermaids.

A Country (sadly) that must be subdued, not destroyed...subdued.

ARE YOU FRICKIN KIDDING ME?

This is nothing but a plant ......Period.

Jude11

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

sadly you can tell by the acting alone that this is staged and false

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'm willing to dress up like a mermaid if someone wants to split the cash with me.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So this video was used in a fake documentary on the Animal Planet about mermaids? Shouldn't that tell you something about the authenticity of the video?

Mermaids do not exist.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that the documentary on Animal Planet that started all this confirmed that the whole thing is a hoax. Kind of like a all-in-good-fun mockumentary.

Would be awesome if it was real though.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
I unfortunately watched the show last year and the new evidence show a week ago, taking it all hook line and sinker, this entire show was a fake, a hoax and I really do not understand why they would put a show on appearing to be possibly real besides from the small disclaimer on animal planet, anyhow keep an open mind and an imagination but its all fake.
Fake Animal Planet Mermaids show

Great points.
I have to wonder with a relatively large audience watching,
are they pushing the boundaries to see if the public can spot
different levels of CGI and know its fake?

Maybe doing it slightly obvious then turning the quality up
down the road for something they want you to decide for yourself is real?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Wow that is the most obviously produced video I have ever seen. And the acting? "What is that? Nooh my God." Haha.
It's so stupid when they try to emulate fake shakiness and fake out of focus moments, I mean this is even worse than Cloverfield. Come on guys. Seriously. A mermaid? That's even more of a waste of time than bigfoot. At least the existence of aliens makes sense and is more plausible because they could have come from anywhere. But for a humanoid species to have existed on our own planet un-noticed all this time, is pretty ridiculous, especially since both supposed species (mermaids and bigfoot) are supposedly less evolved and less intelligent than us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join