It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[VIDEO] Mermaid Sighting in Kiryat, Yam, Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I would so love this to be real -

I think there is something very funny looking about the way the supposed 'mermaid' swims away.

Apparently the footage was also used in the American Animal Planet show ' New Evidence' which aired only in America on 26th May this year?

others are saying that it may be part of a publicity stunt by the towns tourist board who are offering a 1million reward for proof of existence.

Link

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hallmarks of a viral video.

When something truly astounding happens, you will notice people kind of look in awe until it's done, then say, "wtf is that?"

Not saying it's the only way it can happen, but in this case the reactions just look like b-movie acting...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I watched tat program! THey showed tons of evidence about mermaids but all of them looked fake. This one was the only one that at least looked a little real

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I would love for it to be real too, but it's just off.

Why keep turning for the other person's reaction?

Why not zoom in on the thing of interest?

Those things make me think it's a hoax/prank.

Thanks for posting!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Fake as a trannys fanny, and them guys are shat actors
edit on 3-6-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Doesn't seem to be any disruption of the water surface when the 'mermaid' goes in.

It looks pretty fake at that point.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Has anyone seen the documentary on Discovery? I think it was called mermaids.. I caught a bit of it about two weeks ago. There were two men filming in some sort of vessel and caught a "mermaid" on camera up close and personal.. Haven't seen it on ATS... I was just curious if this was shot in the same area

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

I saw that one. To me it looked the most fake out of the few they showed.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

That is a cool video and i wish it was real too..

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
There are clips from the Animal Planet show on their website.... here. The first clip has an interview with the mayor about this video, he does not deem it conclusive enough to receive the award. The clip also has a cropped in version.

While watching that one I realized that the thing on the rock only notices it's being watched after the camera zooms in a bit and focuses. That also makes me think it's faked.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Watch the one with the boy, where he finds a body. It has a jump scare at the end. It's fake for sure.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If this video is real that mermaid is in soooooo much trouble with her father!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Obviously CGI, just look at the way it moves.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
HOAX!

That was some seriously bad acting...

Notice how the "creature" ducks out as soon as the loon with the camera learns how to zoom (and they make a conversation about it). As soon as the idiot zooms in the CGI beasty moves out... We the captivated viewers who hope for Unicorns, Fairies and in this case Mermaids, get only a fleeting glance but just enough to make this video intriguing for the less skeptically minded, and thus another Youtube million view post as well!

And you wonder if this could be a hoax?
edit on 3-6-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think that's something real the water seems to move right, and I don't see anything that looks off.

Now was it a mermaid? I doubt that, but no one can deny that there could be 1000s of unknown creatures in our seas, and oceans.

Plus I'm a fantasy fan I don't back stories of mermaids or big foot, but I don't argue against them giving up on mysteries of the world is like giving up on life, and I'll catch heat for this, but the aquatic ape is a fascinating theory with intriguing evidence to back it...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I have watched the video a few times in HD and paused it as the creature moves off and I have to say the movement looks fluid and natural but the top half does not look human, it looks like a seal with arms!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I unfortunately watched the show last year and the new evidence show a week ago, taking it all hook line and sinker, this entire show was a fake, a hoax and I really do not understand why they would put a show on appearing to be possibly real besides from the small disclaimer on animal planet, anyhow keep an open mind and an imagination but its all fake.
Fake Animal Planet Mermaids show

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

didn't they also do that fake "dragon" show as well? seriously i always thought animalplanet was suppost to be true stuff, not this fake "attention getting" programming.

i will admit both "mermaid" shows were rather well done other than obvious cgi. still interesting tho. yet they apparently both caused quite a stir with people believing them.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The point is we have no idea what is in our Oceans.

Maybe we should stop killing them until we find out.

Just a suggestion...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
The point is we have no idea what is in our Oceans.

Maybe we should stop killing them until we find out.

Just a suggestion...

Maybe we should start a bounty? We don't want video proof....we need REAL evidence!

$100,000,000US for anyone who brings me the head of a Big Foot or a Mermaid!!

Just a suggestion.

edit on 3-6-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join