It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[VIDEO] Mermaid Sighting in Kiryat, Yam, Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by generik
reply to post by phinubian

didn't they also do that fake "dragon" show as well? seriously i always thought animalplanet was suppost to be true stuff, not this fake "attention getting" programming.

i will admit both "mermaid" shows were rather well done other than obvious cgi. still interesting tho. yet they apparently both caused quite a stir with people believing them.

I think the first one was suppose to be a real account of things that happened, but the Navy took all the real evidence, and they used CGI for visuals.

I think the only footage they said was genuine was the surveillance video showing the Navy taking boxes, and other things out of the building.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Apparently the footage was also used in the American Animal Planet show ' New Evidence' which aired only in America on 26th May this year?

Saw the show…I find it all hard to believe. The videos were all rather “faked” looking. The most compelling IMO was the Coast Guard video.

What makes the others very suspect is the cheesy, Jessie Ventura, Hollywood, horror movie way they made the film (like the clip below).

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
They would have almost made this an interesting video if 2 things didn't happen:

#1 Camera points to guy's reaction instead of filming said "mermaid".

#2 Reaction from both not convincing and acting very bad.

edit on 3-6-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
That animal planet show is a known FAKE documentary. That channel even came out and stated that it wasn't to be taken as evidence/proof. It falls under the same documentaries that educate on any other kind of myth.

Why are people still wasting their time with it, and thinking anything from it is real evidence? It'd be like watching spongebob square pants and acting as if that's what happens at the bottom of the ocean.

Come on ATS...Come on.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

Why are people still wasting their time with it, and thinking anything from it is real evidence? It'd be like watching spongebob square pants and acting as if that's what happens at the bottom of the ocean.

Come on ATS...Come on.

Who are you…the thought police?

Is it OK to discuss this topic or should we all log off?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Log off, this topic has been hashed, rehashed, and trashed so many times...it's pathetic.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Looks made up ..what are the odds of two goof ball frat boy types just looking at right spot ..
Besides, their reactions seem fake ..

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well, I think it is still possible that there was a form of being that was referred to as a Mermaid to have lived in the past. I can't deny it because of lack of evidence. I haven't seen good evidence that any around anymore though, but then again lack of evidence does not mean they do not exist. It only means that we do not have evidence. I do know someone with a webbed foot, but the webbed foot would show more evidence that man may have evolved from a froglike creature similar to a swamp creature with two webbed feet. It doesn't seem to me that horizontal transfer to a fish like being would be possible. But, I can't say that it is not possible.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
Log off, this topic has been hashed, rehashed, and trashed so many times...it's pathetic.

Apparently it hasn't been hashed, rehashed, and trashed by the people on this thread!

Don't take offense just because some people missed the previous discussions. It's not against T&C's for topics to be brought up many times. Heck, I just watched the documentary yesterday on DVR!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
WTH..people are discussing this like it was real..

This a fake documentary made by animal planet...even they said so...does anyone actually research before posting.

'Mermaids: The Body Found' fake documentary confuses viewers

Even though Animal Planet aired a disclaimer saying the special was a work of science fiction (and this should be pretty obvious anyway), some viewers took it a little too seriously

Come on people..the second part was just as fake as the first one...here is the creator talking about it.

Mermaid Video: ‘New Evidence’ 2013 Creator Says, ‘You can believe (mermaids) are real’

"(The credits) says 'Scientific theory, CGI animation and dramatic sequences are used to bring the imaginary creatures and their surroundings to life.' Listed under the genre, SCI-FI. It is a fake documentary meant for entertainment. Fact. Look it up on IMDB.com. They ARE actors."

I enjoyed the show but I also knew it was a work of fiction...just goes to show you..people are willing to believe anything without actually looking into it.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Actually I think there is more people on this thread agreeing that the video is fake than there is saying it is real.

The link I posted didnt mention animal planet, i only seen the Animal planet 'new evidence' show mentioned on youtube. I havent seen that show yet! maybe it has yet to air in the UK and Europe, so you can forgive people for not knowing about it and not automatically knowing it is a fake!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

This a fake documentary made by animal planet...even they said so...does anyone actually research before posting.

BUT I WANTED TO BELIIIIIIIIEEEEEVVVEEEEE!!

Why did you ruin it for me?

I was thinking about how interesting my next fishing trip might be!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

That was so slick hay, good find Tuatha
wouldn't mind catching a male one though lol

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
There are ancient paintings depicting mermaids in an Egyptian cave. Was this video real? Dosen't look like it. But I do believe they exist. We know more about outerspace than our own oceans.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
As was stated above...the documentary was "FAKE"...and just made for televison as a dramatization...a "what-if" if you will.

And it been explained as such over and over. Dont believe everything on TV or YouTube. Search it out first...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50

This is what they allegedly look like.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tribunal

Originally posted by ballymoney50

This is what they allegedly look like.

Second thoughts about the male

ah well!!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

Yeah, that dude's just fishy.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

The way the guys are talking tells me this is a hoax. It's too contrived. Hoax is obvious.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

I'm a merman. What's your bait?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join