It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood says "too Gay?"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

Originally posted by colbe

Reading through today's comments. Oh my, it is "bigotry" when you state evil is evil. Everyone must be
allowed to do as they please, no matter the perversion. I was trying to be civil with my "I respectfully disagree."

I take it back. Are you all nuts, promoting sodomy? There certainly is something wrong with the "act."
God made man to be united with a woman. Sex is for marriage and pro-creation, both. Look at the fruit
of sexual sin, wake up people.

Save your soul.

I promise to be gentle here, because I really do think you sincerely mean well. I have just one question for you. Why of all the "mortal sins' as you put it or the abominations as the Bible puts it do you choose to cling to this specific one? Unless you are making your wife sleep in the garage when she is on her period, not engaging in sex with your wife when she is on her period, wear completely unblended fabrics in your clothing and not eating shellfish or bacon. Because all of those things are specifically listed within mere passages of one another. I just don't understand what it is that you think makes this one so very special, when the rest of Christianity ignores most of if not all of the others.

Also if you read the footnotes of your Catholic bible. You will find that the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah wasn't because of any particular sexual practices. It was brought on because of their disregard to the code of hospitality. Among them a practice of marking one's coins giving them to the poor, then telling the authorities they were stolen. An act that would lead to the poor being expelled or in many cases executed. And if you find that hard to believe then ask yourself why would God save a man who just offered his virgin daughters to a crazed mob? Such a man certainly wouldn't have been considered good at that point. Even more obvious would be that the good man worth saving would end up engaging in sexual activity with both his daughters mere days later. Clearly sexual deviance wasn't the issue.
edit on 2-6-2013 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

It's clear you didnt read the story of sodom and gamorah very well..

The first part of what you mentioned is true, in the OT. That which is applied to the Jews, much of it for punishment's sake. The period thing, I cant speak for or against. A lot of what was mentioned in the OT was for a purpose. Many were based on punishments and others were based on the well being of the people... such as not eating pork. It's found today that in such a climate, it is a bad idea to eat pork. It's not good for you in that climate. Science has found many things that are related in the bible to be of reason today to be benificial and helpful... Especially dealing with foods for well being.

Sodom and Gamorah was destroyed because the people were wicked. Not because of hospitality. They wanted to rape the same angels that went in there to help take Lot from the place. The people were wicked in the sight of God for their many ill deeds. When so much corruption falls in one place and no good or rightous to spare, he destroyed the place.

Dont pick parts that you want to bring up... bring it all up and you'll see that you're simply missing parts of what is written... therefore it's not a point you can use in your case.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by colbe

Jesus said nothing of the kind! It's a cheap shot to put words that selfishly fulfill your personal bigotry and your agenda of shame and control, into the mouth of a Biblical figure, who's words are considered sacred by his followers.

For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Messiah,' and will deceive many

At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Messiah!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it.

If homosexuality and birth control were so darn important, why didn't Jesus address them while he was here, preaching about everything else he thought was important? Things like taking the log out of your eye before judging the spec in your brother's eye.

His silence on the issue, in the Bible, speaks volumes.

Dude... why do you do this??

You use the bible as a reference, then mock it constantly as though it's incorrect. Which is it with you? Do you believe it or not? You can't do both.

Jesus said to love everyone.. Love thy bretheren. He also said to turn away from evil things. Dont hate the sinner.. hate the sin... get it?

Why is that so hard to follow? No one is missusing the words in the bible but yourself. Dont use it as a source unless you use it correctly... finally, dont use it as a source and then condem it as false. that doesnt make sense.

Either you believe it or you dont... you cant have it both ways.

Rhenn,

The underlined...the whole reply, very well said. Did you take an "apologist pill (humor)? And kindly said
too.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
can someone answer my question though, why am i not a Human because of my sexuality? i am a Human, you are a Human, I and people like me are being talked about like we are not here,

as far as reproducing we have gone over this countless times, i can utilize a surrogate with my sperm and reproduce, it is the same as a 'Straight man and woman', so your argument that we can't reproduce is redundant

over these last 2 days i have been called abnormal, a mutation, a defect, an abomination, the cause of the demoralization of the world, and that is just on the message boards

i am not a 'Pervert' and my sexuality is not a perversion, i'm sorry ignorance has blinded you

as far as the movie goes, i saw it, and as far as a movie, it was nothing special, the acting was so so, and i'm not a fan of any of the actors, save for the Plastic surgeon who was Fabulous!

As far as I've seen, no one questioned your humanity.

Apparently people ignore what ive said time and again.. it's not the person but the act of the person. I look at you as human. You sin no more or less than anyone here, including myself. My robes are not white, so to speak. All that has been said here is simply, the act of sexual conduct involved in being "gay" is a sin and some of us do turn our backs to those things because we dont want to be involved or have them crammed down our throats.. we dont want to see it. Standing next to you in a line, speaking to you, helping you in need, blessing you, loving you among other normal things is just fine and should not be kept from you.

Again... It's nothing towards the person but the sin. If the person does it... let them do it away from me. If it's pushed on me, then I will push back. If it's kept at bay, I'll even be your best friend.. That doesnt bother me. it's not like I walk around saying... OHH!!! COOODIES!! when I see a gay person. It's all good untill the spit swapping begins. If you respect that it might disgust me, or make me feel awkward or ill, then I will respect you as much as any man... if otherwise.. well then not so much.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

I wont speak for him but Catholics as a rule do not use protection nor birth control.

68% of Catholic women use birth control. It is, in fact, the "rule" among sexually active adult Catholic women who do not want to become pregnant.

Guttmacher Report

reply to post by theRhenn

The only thing you can apply to this for the sake of "love" is that people confuse sex with love today. Sex is something seperate from the feeling of love. Sex is an act of procreation to preserve mankind, the act of producing an offspring. THIS is what it is used for. Not for pleasure. For reproducing.

How do you explain the MILLIONS of people who have sex, without wanting a child to result? Some people don't want children at all. If that's the case, would you judge them as an abomination for having sex with each other? Are they all sinners in your mind?

I'm sorry, but I do not see mankind on the same level as animals... We are well above animals, we speak, they do not, we reason, they do not, we achieve, they do not.

You are SO wrong on all three points! Animal's language is NOT verbal, it's physical. I see my animals have exchange of messages every day. To think that verbal conversation is the only way of "speaking" is quite ignorant. I could show you videos that illustrate animal communication, reasoning and clear achievement and pride, but I'm not going to waste my time.

What kind of animal that's so smart would ever play fetch or lick it's own butt?

What kind of animal that's so smart would ever play tennis or wash its own butt? Oh, right... the human animal.

We find the ACT offensive and sinful.

Then don't do it!

This is america. We live and let live.

Oh, REALLY???
Is that what you're preaching here? Seems you want everyone but yourself to follow that code. And you throw around charges of "closed-mindedness and hypocrisy" to those who think and act in ways you don't approve of!!! Do_you_hear_yourself?

It means you do it in your own home and leave the rest of the world alone about it.

When you do that with your religious nonsense, I'll comply! Keep your prayer, worship and judgments in your own home and leave the world alone about it!

edit on 6/2/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

can someone answer my question though, why am i not a Human because of my sexuality?

Don't listen to the vocal minority when it comes to their negative and closed-minded judgments against something they have NO understanding of! Of course you are human! You're as human (and more humane, I'd wager) as those who would cast their judgments your way. They are doing exactly what Jesus said NOT to do, and in His name! They are casting stones and concentrating on what they see as the flint in your eye, without regard for the plank in their own. They speak for an angry, ignorant minority.

I am a woman married to a man for over 20 years. I am an ally of LGBT and always will be. Don't waste your emotions taking to heart what comes from these angry and powerless keyboards.

edit on 6/2/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Originally posted by
Are they not the last to be saying this? Michael Voris gives two reasons why in today's The Vortex. Watch ~

5/31/13

www.youtube.com...

I don’t think this has anything to do with religion.

Seems to me like, they just don’t believe the movie will do well at the Box office. Most likely for 2 reasons…

(A) It lacks a high target audience…

And…

(B) Casting an action hero, to play the part of a gay man, is a really bad move IMO…

- JC

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by colbe

Jesus said nothing of the kind! It's a cheap shot to put words that selfishly fulfill your personal bigotry and your agenda of shame and control, into the mouth of a Biblical figure, who's words are considered sacred by his followers.

For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Messiah,' and will deceive many

At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Messiah!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it.

If homosexuality and birth control were so darn important, why didn't Jesus address them while he was here, preaching about everything else he thought was important? Things like taking the log out of your eye before judging the spec in your brother's eye.

His silence on the issue, in the Bible, speaks volumes.

Dude... why do you do this??

You use the bible as a reference, then mock it constantly as though it's incorrect. Which is it with you? Do you believe it or not? You can't do both.

Please, oh educated biblical scholar, show me where Jesus said this in the "Holy Bible"....

Thursday, May 23, 2013 Jesus said: “My people, what you are seeing in America is a gradual decay in your morals, as these sinful acts of fornication and homosexual acts are not seen as sins by some. Even though you may rationalize these actions as not being sins, they are still mortal sins in My eyes, and each person will be held accountable. When you allow abortions, euthanasia, and same-sex marriage in your laws and statutes, you are condemning your nation, and calling down My judgment against you. You will be seeing continuous disasters, and an eventual takeover of your country as a punishment for your sins as a nation.”

Jesus said to love everyone.. Love thy bretheren. He also said to turn away from evil things. Dont hate the sinner.. hate the sin... get it?

Why is that so hard to follow? No one is missusing the words in the bible but yourself. Dont use it as a source unless you use it correctly... finally, dont use it as a source and then condem it as false. that doesnt make sense.

Either you believe it or you dont... you cant have it both ways.

As a Christian, or even as a Catholic, you don't own the bible and it's interpretation. It belongs to all humanity, believers and non-believers alike. It's interpretation is open to discussion.

I haven't mocked the bible in this thread, I've shown 2 biblical examples of homosexual love that are celebrated, not condemned.

You have cherry picked an aspect of human nature and singled it out as the most hateful and most despicable, while you conveniently ignore the many other "abominations" that God continually condemns, and are, quite frankly, too numerous to mention here.

edit on 2-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Apparently people ignore what ive said time and again.. it's not the person but the act of the person. I look at you as human. You sin no more or less than anyone here, including myself. My robes are not white, so to speak. All that has been said here is simply, the act of sexual conduct involved in being "gay" is a sin and some of us do turn our backs to those things because we dont want to be involved or have them crammed down our throats.. we dont want to see it. Standing next to you in a line, speaking to you, helping you in need, blessing you, loving you among other normal things is just fine and should not be kept from you.

Again... It's nothing towards the person but the sin. If the person does it... let them do it away from me. If it's pushed on me, then I will push back. If it's kept at bay, I'll even be your best friend.. That doesnt bother me. it's not like I walk around saying... OHH!!! COOODIES!! when I see a gay person. It's all good untill the spit swapping begins. If you respect that it might disgust me, or make me feel awkward or ill, then I will respect you as much as any man... if otherwise.. well then not so much.

Do you have the same objections to hetero PDA's? Or did you consider that gay people find may find hetero PDA's just as disturbing? It is rather simple if you do not like it don't look. Nothing is being crammed down your throat outside of people doing what comes naturally to them. Its a big deal because you want it to be.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Many in Hollywood are gay and have been gay or bisexual. I dont see the issue about the film. Frankly, it seems a honest representation of his real life and his " lover" the drama within that relationship.

And how fame got to his head. And those who cant get with it - just need to get over it.

He was also very talented at what he did musically and as a showman.
edit on 2-6-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
also there was a film a while back called brokeback mountain -that was very gay.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

your God has no plan for me, prayer wont alter me or you, we were born the way, the difference is, you and others have been taught intolerance, and or ignorance based on religious principles,

if we could attempt to stay close on topic so this doesn't get shut down like others have

We're on topic, talking about being "too Gay."

God loved you first, He has a plan for you. You have been fooled believing the lies. God makes no one
homosexual, You can believe for the rest of your life or until the prophesied Great Warning, that you are
homosexual BUT you cannot "act" on it. You MUST confess from the heart, the sin of sodomy to God and remain celibate from now on... If you are Catholic, go to Confession. You can't get into Heaven with
mortal sin on your soul.

Ask God in prayer to help you, He will Darth. We're all sinners, the key to the life of your soul is Confession
and prayer. And if you are Catholic, another, the "grace" given in the Sacraments.

We're all going to see our sins "soon." But, we shall not feel the spiritual pain of seeing CONFESSED sins
during the NDE like life review of the Great Warning.

Our Lord's mother speaks of the Great Warning again, to a Brazilian seer, Light of Mary. A translation from Portuguese. Here are Mary's words:

+ + +

May 23, 2013

....Humanity’s foolishness is what has led it to confront its own spiritual decline, until man does not repent and recognize God fully, man will not be able to be a true child of God.

BELOVED, REPENTANCE IS A GRACE AND YOU MUST ASK THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR IT, EXCEPT THAT IT IS SAUGHT BY YOU AFTER GREAT SUFFERINGS.

True freedom will come, Divine Will Reigning and Prevailing over all of creation, it will come after man is confronted by his own abomination and recognizes his error.

My Son will order time to stop and time will stop in its tracks, except it will stop so that man sees before him his behavior and recognizes the good and the bad with which he has acted, suffering the horror of sin and enjoying the mercy of the good acts in the Warning....

No God did not make me Gay, because God did not make me

i don't need to pray to anyone to stop me from acting on my 'Homosexuality' or being 'too Gay''

people say we jam it in their face, but what is this? how about Religion being jammed in peoples face? or politics? how about all the 'Straight Movies'? etc,

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
in continuation

what is too gay? what is too straight? are you too straight? are you too religious?

so it's okay i'm 'Gay; just as long as i never engage in 'Gay acts' so it basically comes down to 'Sex' sex is deciding factor of my soul? why re so many religious people obsessed with 'Homosexual Sex'? or 'Perversions' as i've heard?

did God tell you directly i am a sin? or was it the book written years after he allegedly lived by young adults, which is Hearsay, or the priest who read from that book? or the priest who reads from that book and tells of our 'Homosexual sin' as he is molesting boys?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The books of the Bible that are constantly associated with condemning homosexuality come from the Old Testament which has a history predating the New Testament by hundreds of years.

You were doing so well at being rational until you started inventing history to suit an emotional rant.

Does hypocrisy eliminate the validity of the message? In that case the member "enlightened1" has done exactly the same by being incredibly intolerant and ignorant while preaching tolerance. This argument is like complaining that the US government is not following the constitution, does this mean that the bill of rights is a bad idea?

"Too gay" probably means that there are scenes which show two guys beating each others' cheeks which is an activity engaged in by less than 4% of the human population at most.

There is also the biological factor which triggers people to recoil based on instinct, and I am using a poor example here but one only needs to hold their nose to a pile of someone else's poop to recognize this. There are also the negative effects of prolonged engagement in anal such as anal leakage and increased rates of prostate cancer.

You sit there complaining endlessly about what someone says the Bible says, but have you ever read it? I highly doubt you have taken the time to read it.

I can guarantee all your questions would be answered and it would take less time to read than you have spent here complaining asking what this or that means.

However your insistence on asking others for answers and approval indicates there are others issues involved that only YOU can and should deal with.
edit on 2-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

EDIT
In fact here is a documentary which will explain much of the issues you may hear about with translations in case you decide to actually find out for yourself.

edit on 2-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
to be correct, the questions were rhetorical, i was not attempting to 'Invent History to suit an emotional rant'

and if i got the history wrong, i doth beg pardon

no i haven't read the Bible, and i have no meaning to, i don't believe or follow it, i attempt not to claim things found or about the Bible cause as i stated have no knowledge based on writings within the Bible

i'm trying to comprehend where your post is coming from?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

to be correct, the questions were rhetorical, i was not attempting to 'Invent History to suit an emotional rant'

no i haven't read the Bible, and i have no meaning to, i don't believe or follow it, i attempt not to claim things found or about the Bible cause as i stated have no knowledge based on writings within the Bible

You are ranting like the fool who hates on you for being homosexual, that is why. Just because someone else loves to cry out their ignorance in public doesn't mean you have to and it mostly certainly does not mean a passerby can't point out you don't have a clue what the hell you are talking about.

Also it is a dangerous thing to preach of the non-existence of things you clearly have not studied. There are legitimately unexplainable phenomena that have been documented to have occurred as well as such phenomena still existing today physically. Thus it would be more wise to investigate and come up with answers based on a rational investigation and rumination on the evidence.

Like the Shroud of Turin, unexplainable by current science.

Things like this exist all over if you take the time to actually look.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli

You are ranting like the fool who hates on you for being homosexual, that is why. Just because someone else loves to cry out their ignorance in public doesn't mean you have to and it mostly certainly does not mean a passerby can't point out you don't have a clue what the hell you are talking about.

Also it is a dangerous thing to preach of the non-existence of things you clearly have not studied. There are legitimately unexplainable phenomena that have been documented to have occurred as well as such phenomena still existing today physically. Thus it would be more wise to investigate and come up with answers based on a rational investigation and rumination on the evidence.

Like the Shroud of Turin, unexplainable by current science.

Things like this exist all over if you take the time to actually look.

Ranting like a fool?

i haven't preached about anything, i've only claimed to not believe in the God people are saying i need to pray to, i've never claimed knowledge in the Bible, and i've never attempted to argue it

i have not attacked anyone for their beliefs, if you have seen my post you would understand i have always said anyone has the right to believe what they want, and to not believe in what they want or accept, as long as it doesn't infringe upon my freedoms/rights/privileges

i have not called anyone a 'Sinner' or an 'Abomination''

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

How have any of the words in this thread infringed on any of that?

Basically you should be the bigger man and follow your own beliefs, no need to try and discredit the teachings of something you yourself have never studied.

It just inflames the situation further and leads to the divide becoming greater and greater.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli

How have any of the words in this thread infringed on any of that?

they have not, i was saying it as a General statement,

i wasn't attempting to discredit anyone or anyone's belief system

edit on 2-6-2013 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Sodomy is an abomination to God, do not let any person fool you, justifying this mortal sin. The "act" must be confessed to God before you die.

I share a prophecy that speaks in one paragraph of sodomy and God's attempt to convert the world (Heaven urgently says it is soon), to save souls. Non-Catholic Christians know it as the "awakening." Catholics hear this event called the Great Warning. Read Scripture, Revelation 6:15-17 and 1 Cor 3:13, God states them again describing the Great Warning in this private revelation.

Everyone on the earth is going to experience an NDE like life review in
hopes they will change and turn to God. I typed the In-CAPS.

www.godspeakswillyoulisten.org...

excerpt from a message to Cletus Schefers

February 25, 2012

In the book of Genesis, mankind rejected God Almighty and tried to build a tower to reach heaven. But mankind was scattered and the tower of Babel was not finished. Today, mankind is once again attempting to rebuild the tower of Babel. You are worshiping the false gods of greed and money, instead of your creator. On September 11, 2001 the symbols of your greed collapsed, but repentance was not done. Mankind continues to persist in his evil ways. The sins of abortion, usury, SODOMY, fornication, adultery, war, and the other sins of the flesh cry out to heaven for my justice to befall mankind. I am will shake the heavens and the earth to warn mankind again. You will cry to the ROCKS and the MOUNTAINS to COVER you. But you will not be able to HIDE from the revelation of my son Jesus and the sins each of you has committed. This will be the greatest act of mercy to this sinful generation...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

So instead of actually staying on topic, you choose to give us more quotes from another self-appointed prophet? Interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join