It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood says "too Gay?"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Why not stick to calling people P.O.S.'s, nerds, and saying you're glad that people die of AIDS and HIV?

You've already shown your true colors, they're brown and stink like hell.
edit on 2-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Post some evidence that Liberace was anything but a P.O.S. Your arguments about homosexuality and true love clearly do not apply to a man who was a serial abuser of impressionable young men.

LoL at you editing your rage fueled insults, was it done in fear of receiving a warning for not being civil?

Oh the irony of you essentially calling me a P.O.S. for doing so to others, have you been reading a Bible and now converted to treating others as you would like to be treated?

Please enlighten me on the virtues of Liberace as a man and public figure.

EDIT
LoL nerd raging, warning extremely strong language may be present do not watch if easily offended.

edit on 2-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Jesus said nothing of the kind! It's a cheap shot to put words that selfishly fulfill your personal bigotry and your agenda of shame and control, into the mouth of a Biblical figure, who's words are considered sacred by his followers.

For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Messiah,' and will deceive many

At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Messiah!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it.

If homosexuality and birth control were so darn important, why didn't Jesus address them while he was here, preaching about everything else he thought was important? Things like taking the log out of your eye before judging the spec in your brother's eye.

His silence on the issue, in the Bible, speaks volumes.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Did you watch the trailer? I never really like Micheal Douglas anyway, but his character as Liberace is not very endearing. Marlon Brando as the God Father, even Al Pacino as the God Father, portrayed a more sympathetic figure!

This isn't meant to be a feel good movie. It's a story of a very sick man, and the sick men who latched onto him. But I'll watch the movie. It looks fascinating.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I edited my post because I rethought what I said and decided that it was unnecessary and unbecoming of who I try to be and what I want to be.

All I said was that the way you present yourself speaks volumes about yourself. If you are glad that someone, ANYONE died because of AIDS, then you can't be that great of a person.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Reading through today's comments. Oh my, it is "bigotry" when you state evil is evil. Everyone must be
allowed to do as they please, no matter the perversion. I was trying to be civil with my "I respectfully disagree."

I take it back. Are you all nuts, promoting sodomy? There certainly is something wrong with the "act."
God made man to be united with a woman. Sex is for marriage and pro-creation, both. Look at the fruit
of sexual sin, wake up people.

Save your soul.

I promise to be gentle here, because I really do think you sincerely mean well. I have just one question for you. Why of all the "mortal sins' as you put it or the abominations as the Bible puts it do you choose to cling to this specific one? Unless you are making your wife sleep in the garage when she is on her period, not engaging in sex with your wife when she is on her period, wear completely unblended fabrics in your clothing and not eating shellfish or bacon. Because all of those things are specifically listed within mere passages of one another. I just don't understand what it is that you think makes this one so very special, when the rest of Christianity ignores most of if not all of the others.

Also if you read the footnotes of your Catholic bible. You will find that the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah wasn't because of any particular sexual practices. It was brought on because of their disregard to the code of hospitality. Among them a practice of marking one's coins giving them to the poor, then telling the authorities they were stolen. An act that would lead to the poor being expelled or in many cases executed. And if you find that hard to believe then ask yourself why would God save a man who just offered his virgin daughters to a crazed mob? Such a man certainly wouldn't have been considered good at that point. Even more obvious would be that the good man worth saving would end up engaging in sexual activity with both his daughters mere days later. Clearly sexual deviance wasn't the issue.
edit on 2-6-2013 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
can someone answer my question though, why am i not a Human because of my sexuality? i am a Human, you are a Human, I and people like me are being talked about like we are not here,

as far as reproducing we have gone over this countless times, i can utilize a surrogate with my sperm and reproduce, it is the same as a 'Straight man and woman', so your argument that we can't reproduce is redundant

over these last 2 days i have been called abnormal, a mutation, a defect, an abomination, the cause of the demoralization of the world, and that is just on the message boards

i am not a 'Pervert' and my sexuality is not a perversion, i'm sorry ignorance has blinded you

as far as the movie goes, i saw it, and as far as a movie, it was nothing special, the acting was so so, and i'm not a fan of any of the actors, save for the Plastic surgeon who was Fabulous!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

I think you're human. No less than me, and I'm straight. I support your right to love who you want to love and be with who you want.

The reason some people see you as "sub-human" is because they've been brainwashed into believing it in my opinion. They just parrot what their book says without giving what they're saying any thought.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

For what it is worth you are human to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
it is worth quite a bit, especially coming from my life, the little acts of kindness betwixt beings is a lovely occurrence

something truly lacking in this world, gay straight, black white, many have let ignorance and propaganda blind them,

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
can someone answer my question though, why am i not a Human because of my sexuality? i am a Human, you are a Human, I and people like me are being talked about like we are not here,

as far as reproducing we have gone over this countless times, i can utilize a surrogate with my sperm and reproduce, it is the same as a 'Straight man and woman', so your argument that we can't reproduce is redundant

over these last 2 days i have been called abnormal, a mutation, a defect, an abomination, the cause of the demoralization of the world, and that is just on the message boards

i am not a 'Pervert' and my sexuality is not a perversion, i'm sorry ignorance has blinded you

as far as the movie goes, i saw it, and as far as a movie, it was nothing special, the acting was so so, and i'm not a fan of any of the actors, save for the Plastic surgeon who was Fabulous!

Surrogacy is an abomination to God. Where is the mutual self giving love between a married man and a woman that creates a new person with an eternal soul? As God intended, His plan.

You can't reproduce because you are going against God, defying Him, two men together. A child needs a mother
and a father not a father and a father or a mother and a mother. Sodomites continued rejection of the divine plan.
Pray about it, ask God His desire for you, it isn't to be homosexual.

The disconnect, no bond with a person's father is a major reason for the disorder. Forgive your earthly father and turn to your Heavenly father.

Read paragraph 2376 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Surrogacy is gravely immoral. Here are reasons
why, stated very clearly:

+ + +

It is against the Church. Here is a copy and paste of an answer from Q & A answered by a priest at this website. en.allexperts.com...

Bro. Ignatius Mary, OLSM, L.Th. - 6/25/2008
Answer
Well, you cannot condone or encourage a surrogate pregnancy. That is immoral and a violation of the sanctity of marriage and a violation of the rights of the child. It removes from the creative process the mutual self-giving of the husband and wife that God intended and brings in a third party into the marriage. It removes love from the act of procreation. This is wrong.

The reasons that surrogacy is immoral is rooted in a deep theology of the Sacrament of Marriage, the purpose of marriage, and the purpose of marital sex and procreation.

As such, she has no reason to not do this. Her own denomination does not have a theology to proscribe this action, she has not been taught the philosophical and theological suppositions behind this teaching as thus she has no grounding to think she is doing anything wrong.

Given all that the primary thing you can do is to pray for her. However, the following may be helpful....

Once a baby is conceived, even by surrogacy, the baby is a blessing as is any baby.

But at what price will this child come into the world. Most people do not understand the process of how gestational surrogacy (aka the Host method via embryo transfer / In vitro fertilization) is done.

With In vitro fertilization in order to have a live birth 7-10 or more babies must die.

Using the husband's sperm and a surrogate's donated hyperovulated eggs, fertilization is achieved in a petri dish. The six to eight embryos may be quick-frozen, and stored in the lab for possible future use (but usually are forgotten and die). Then two or three or more of the embryos are implanted, at just the right time of the cycle, in the wife's uterus. The fetuses grow, and later on, if more than one was viable, the extra fetus(es) may be removed. This is called selective reduction. In reality this is abortion, the killing of the "extra" babies. The remaining healthy fetus would grow to term in the wife's body.

If traditional surrogacy is used, in which the husband's sperm in injected into the surrogate's uterus by artificial insemination (the same procedure for impregnating cattle).

Artificial insemination does violence to the dignity of the human person. It separates the sexual act from the procreative act. "The act which brings the child into existence is no longer an act by which two persons give themselves to one another, but one that "entrusts the life and identity of the embryo into the power of doctors and biologists and establishes the domination of technology over the origin and destiny of the human person."

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Kind of flies in the logic of men bedding their brothers wife so that deceased brother can have children huh?
Or how about 50% of all pregnancies ending in miscarriages. Pregnancy and Miscarriage Kind of funny how the Church stands against surrogacy on the basis it destroys lives yet God built us with a reproductive failure rate of 50%. So one would have to assume that the church is wrong life doesn't start at conception, or they willingly accept that God is the largest provider of abortion of all time.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
your God has no plan for me, prayer wont alter me or you, we were born the way, the difference is, you and others have been taught intolerance, and or ignorance based on religious principles,

if we could attempt to stay close on topic so this doesn't get shut down like others have

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by colbe

Kind of flies in the logic of men bedding their brothers wife so that deceased brother can have children huh?
Or how about 50% of all pregnancies ending in miscarriages. Pregnancy and Miscarriage Kind of funny how the Church stands against surrogacy on the basis it destroys lives yet God built us with a reproductive failure rate of 50%. So one would have to assume that the church is wrong life doesn't start at conception, or they willingly accept that God is the largest provider of abortion of all time.

You need to read the Bible which is the basis of this person's belief system.

In it his God states that mankind is not intended to inhabit this world, they are here due to being temporarily exiled from heaven and redeemed by God incarnating and living a sinless life for all mankind so long as they accept that what that God-man represented was the one true God.

This would mean that the religion does not live for this material world but rather the spiritual one which follows.

This is really basic stuff here that never seems to be addressed by either side and just leads to more pointless arguing.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by theRhenn

You left an awful lot of "perversions" out of your little rant there. Perversions like incest, rape, pedophilia, sexual slavery and human trade, child abuse, neglect, hunger and all kinds of other crimes against humanity, including bigotry.

This is america. We live and let live.. let living doesnt mean forcing us to deal with your sinful ways. It means you do it in your own home and leave the rest of the world alone about it.

Typical! I'm sorry, but you don't live a bubble. You do have to deal with the unpleasantness of society.

So you admit it then,,,,

and no... I can always prosecute it. So long as it's not made legal...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

reply to post by theRhenn

Okay, I'm not even going to bother reading the rest of this post. If what I see doesn't count then neither does your bible.

lol Everything changes when it's dropped in your lap, does it. Funny how that works.

You two guys are something else.

tsk tsk Turn the tables and everything gets shut down.

It's ok. I expected that.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

reply to post by windword

The ironic thing is, no one is forcing anything on him. No one is telling him to go out and have sex with a hundred guys.

I'm guessing he wouldn't "deal" with his son if he were gay, he would just kick him to the curb without ever talking to him again. At least that's the vibe I'm getting from his posts.

Intolerant is the only word I can think of to describe what he believes. I'm not tolerant of intolerance personally.

You have the mind set that you know everything about me, how I would do things... but you dont know anything. You can even read some of my posts and know exactly how I would handle it.. but you still know nothing, yet pretend to know what I would do.

There are a class of people for the ways you go about these posts... I'll leave it to you to figure it out, since you seem to know it all.

Fun playing with ya. Sorry to steal all your marbles. See ya next time...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Why not stick to calling people P.O.S.'s, nerds, and saying you're glad that people die of AIDS and HIV?

You've already shown your true colors, they're brown and stink like hell.
edit on 2-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

LOL the same colors you're spouting here?

Man... he couldn't have pegged that any better than he had.

Why not try this... Put someone elses name on your responces and tell me honestly what you think of them. Really, I mean, if you dont see how you present yourself... just wow.

I actually came at you with a reasonable argument. I answered all of your questions, even though they were patronizing to the fullest.. I even played your lil games and you still just throw random crap out there like you're saying something important. I hate to be condensending, but damnit man.. you leave me little choice. I find that I would probably have a more intelligible conversation with a tree than I've had here with you two.

I mean.. cmon man.. be a little constructive. Stop throwing stupid $#!^ and actually come to the plate with something... anything. It sounds like you cant brain, so you just throw random crap out there in hopes to catch me off guard. That's just random attacks. You dont even consider what I've said... You just ignore it and go off in this fashion..:

Me: Man and Man went off into the woods. They were best friends. They loved one another deeply. This was an enduring friendship. This is possible in a normal society, albeit some might think it strange for two guys to be this close, but they are close friends. They both married women who were also best friends.

You: So you see, that's proof they're gay! It says so right there! You said so!

Me: No.. They just love one another as people, as friends. Nothing dealing with a sexual relationship.

You: They're gay! They're in love!

No: They are not gay.

You: I bet you would chop your kids head off if he was gay.

Me: I believe it's a sin to be gay, but I wouldn't do anything of the sort. I dont condone the act, but I do love the person.

You: You're narrowminded, your god doesnt exist... your religion is fake. MY god is uber and better than your god. I dont believe your god.

Me: My belief is founded upon a foundation of an ancient culture and belief.

You: My god is real. Your god makes you worthless and small and worthless and narrowminded. I bet you would kill your kid! My god talks to me. Yet I have nothing to base my belief system off of.. it just is... My way is better because it accepts what you do not accept.

should I go on?

That's really how it comes from you two guys. Amaizingly, neither of you see it and you keep patting one another on the back because of it. That blows my mind.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
your God has no plan for me, prayer wont alter me or you, we were born the way, the difference is, you and others have been taught intolerance, and or ignorance based on religious principles,

if we could attempt to stay close on topic so this doesn't get shut down like others have

We're on topic, talking about being "too Gay."

God loved you first, He has a plan for you. You have been fooled believing the lies. God makes no one
homosexual, You can believe for the rest of your life or until the prophesied Great Warning, that you are
homosexual BUT you cannot "act" on it. You MUST confess from the heart, the sin of sodomy to God and remain celibate from now on... If you are Catholic, go to Confession. You can't get into Heaven with
mortal sin on your soul.

Ask God in prayer to help you, He will Darth. We're all sinners, the key to the life of your soul is Confession
and prayer. And if you are Catholic, another, the "grace" given in the Sacraments.

We're all going to see our sins "soon." But, we shall not feel the spiritual pain of seeing CONFESSED sins
during the NDE like life review of the Great Warning.

Our Lord's mother speaks of the Great Warning again, to a Brazilian seer, Light of Mary. A translation from Portuguese. Here are Mary's words:

+ + +

May 23, 2013

....Humanity’s foolishness is what has led it to confront its own spiritual decline, until man does not repent and recognize God fully, man will not be able to be a true child of God.

BELOVED, REPENTANCE IS A GRACE AND YOU MUST ASK THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR IT, EXCEPT THAT IT IS SAUGHT BY YOU AFTER GREAT SUFFERINGS.

True freedom will come, Divine Will Reigning and Prevailing over all of creation, it will come after man is confronted by his own abomination and recognizes his error.

My Son will order time to stop and time will stop in its tracks, except it will stop so that man sees before him his behavior and recognizes the good and the bad with which he has acted, suffering the horror of sin and enjoying the mercy of the good acts in the Warning....

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by colbe

Jesus said nothing of the kind! It's a cheap shot to put words that selfishly fulfill your personal bigotry and your agenda of shame and control, into the mouth of a Biblical figure, who's words are considered sacred by his followers.

For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Messiah,' and will deceive many

At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Messiah!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it.

If homosexuality and birth control were so darn important, why didn't Jesus address them while he was here, preaching about everything else he thought was important? Things like taking the log out of your eye before judging the spec in your brother's eye.

His silence on the issue, in the Bible, speaks volumes.

Dude... why do you do this??

You use the bible as a reference, then mock it constantly as though it's incorrect. Which is it with you? Do you believe it or not? You can't do both.

Jesus said to love everyone.. Love thy bretheren. He also said to turn away from evil things. Dont hate the sinner.. hate the sin... get it?

Why is that so hard to follow? No one is missusing the words in the bible but yourself. Dont use it as a source unless you use it correctly... finally, dont use it as a source and then condem it as false. that doesnt make sense.

Either you believe it or you dont... you cant have it both ways.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Oops, here's the link to the message:

www.revelacionesmarianas.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join