It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hollywood says "too Gay?"

page: 12
1
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Darth_Prime
 


Yep.

If it is a choice, then why do those Catholics who were raised to think that being gay is a sin, still turn out to be gay? Why would they willingly choose to be gay when they were taught it meant hell and then end up hiding their sexuality?

The answer is because it is NOT a choice and is completely natural. There is no doubt in my mind that it is natural, absolutely no doubt.


Obliged!

Quite so, people say we make that choice, but wouldn't we the ones who allegedly made that 'Choice' know if we did or didn't? i know for sure i never made a choice from birth to be gay, i was born as is. i am not ashamed of it , but the troubles i have been through, verbal, mental and physical abuses i wouldn't wish on anyone, why would i still select this life for me? i mean i'm relatively young (early twenties) you think if i had a choice i would select to continue this path?




posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Originally posted by colbe
...people are stuck in their beliefs.


The irony in this is so funny.


Look in the mirror.


You won't think it ironical or funny when God shows you the true faith, keep on deny it though...

I don't think that is funny at all.


i don't think it's funny that you call me an abomination, i don't think it's funny that we get accused of 'throwing it in peoples face' yet you have done nothing but throw religion around this topic,

i also don't think it's funny that we have discuss a movie that might be 'Too Gay', but we are, and as much as the world is beginning to "accept us", a movie might still be considered 'Too Gay

the spread of intolerance and hate and fear is what causes the divide betwixt us all, and the future generations who have reasons to hate someone continue to grow,
edit on 3-6-2013 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)


I NEVER called you an abomination Darth. I said the "act" is an abomination. God loves the sinner, not
the sin. And what are you talking about, the OP is totally about the faith.

To speak the Truth of God is not intolerant. Intolerant and fear are repeated over and over so people will come to accept the sin of sodomy.



posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
but i engage in the act so am i an 'Abomination by association'?

but as i have stated numerous times within this topic Sodomy includes Oral sex, which straight people engage in likewise



posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


I don't deny God's truth, I deny YOUR "truth". There's a huge difference.

I'm done with this thread now. Thanks for the regurgitation of the same argument over and over though.

"Duh bible says so!"



posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by colbe
 


I don't deny God's truth, I deny YOUR "truth". There's a huge difference.

I'm done with this thread now. Thanks for the regurgitation of the same argument over and over though.

"Duh bible says so!"



posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime
 


Darth_Prime,

Hi, I said a prayer to God the Holy Spirit for you and everyone who comments in this thread disbelieving. God the Holy Spirit is the "Lord of light" He will help you understand and believe.

Go to a Catholic Church, if it is closed, ask someone in the Church office or Rectory near by to open the Church for you. Tell them you want to pray before the Tabernacle. Or check Mass times and go around that time after Mass concludes, the doors are not locked right away and besides, locked from the outside you can leave, exit.

Sit, kneel in the quiet, look toward the Tabernacle, Jesus is there. Speak to Him from your heart. He will send you, give you "grace." Believe.


love,


colbe



posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


I am not pro gay or anti gay. I am anti over sexuality and it appears that this film, just like many others that do make it to the screen proves that producers for the most part are oversexed idiots.

Do we need graphic depiction of sex in every love story? Are we too stupid to appreciate a good gay or straight love story without graphic sex? Why can't love stories cut away at the bedroom, and leave the romance to the imagination? If someone is so addicted to watching sex that the only reason to go to a movie is for the sex scene, or the naked body, or someone's genitalia, what does that say about us?

You say that homosexuality is about LOVE. No it is not. Love is love, Sex is sex.

I have had many male friends in my life that I fell in love with. However I never had sex any of them. I have also loved many women whom I did not have sex with.

Homo(sexuality) deals only with the type of person you are physically attracted to having sex with.

Adrenaline (How it makes you feel) Adrenaline makes you feel exhilarated and makes your heart feel like it's pounding out of your chest.

Phenylethylamine (How it makes you feel) You are overwhelmed with feelings of bliss, attraction and excitement. Triggers the Release of Dopamine

Serotonin (How it makes you feel) You feel cheerful, hopeful, emotionally balanced, and content. Most clinical anti-depression medications pump up serotonin levels in your brain.


We are born without the ability or desire to have sex. For most of us when we first have sex it brings more complications that it does satisfaction. But we crave the "Sex High" enough to continue to allow our sexual desire to dictate who to love. Because we have become addicted to the SEX and not to LOVE.

When one starts using the terms sex and love interchangeably we begin to believe that sex is a necessary component to love. However, older couples who no longer have sex are often times happier in their now non sexual marriage than they were in the days that they were using sex as a crutch to love.

Love is Love, Sex is Sex. These two words and concepts should never be used as substitute for one another. One could truly be happy without ever experiencing sex, it is not necessary except for procreation.

Sex is an amazing addiction to dopamine, which should only be shared by two people who first fell in love and committed their lives to each other. In this way your addiction to love outweighs your addiction to sex, since love is the bond that brought you to sexuality.

We don't need all this sexuality, nothing good comes from it. Look at the world.
Have we had enough sex? When is it time to love?

www.askmen.com...



posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25
 


It sounds to me like you're implying that all gay people are depraved, unnatural, shameful, " filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips,
slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy."

God gave them over to shameful lusts. God made them that way to punish them.

But hey! "Gay/Straight we will let God sort that out, this is not my concern."





edit on 4-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by colbe
 


I don't deny God's truth, I deny YOUR "truth". There's a huge difference.

I'm done with this thread now. Thanks for the regurgitation of the same argument over and over though.

"Duh bible says so!"



posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by windword
 


No you do not understand. We all are, including me. We have accepted the world we live in. We condone the wars, the greed, and the violence. We condone it either directly when we support Hollywood and television by watching and being indifferent to what is going on with the world governments.

God is merely saying that he put it in the hearts of men and women to act in ways contrary to nature simply because we have accepted the world we live in through our tolerance and indifference to everything. If there is any "SIN" we are all guilty, equally.

Except for maybe the men like Gandhi and MLK and Kennedy. Men who believed in peace, love and true democracy. Maybe they were prophets that we killed just like in OT times?



posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25
 


I'll bring up this point again, god chose to build his church in a city full of gay people, gay people who were not ashamed at all of their sexuality. Rome was a society where gay men were allowed to have sex with one another no holds barred.

If god truly thought gay sex was an abomination, then why did he set up his church in the gayest city on Earth? He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for sodomy, but looked the other way when it came to Rome. Why is that? I thought god never changed?



posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 





There is no argument or debate over sodomy. Christians and non-Christians know it is a grave sin. Have no faith or belief, the natural law tells you sodomy is wrong.


Yes, there is argument and debate over sodomy, and your view is a minority view.


Beginning with Illinois in 1961, state legislatures reexamined their sodomy statutes. Twenty-seven states repealed these laws, usually as a part of a general revision of the criminal code and with the recognition that heterosexuals engage in oral and anal sex. In addition, state courts in 10 states applied state constitutional provisions to invalidate sodomy laws. As of early 2003, eight states had laws that barred heterosexual and homosexual sodomy. Three other states barred sodomy between homosexuals.



posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25
 





God is merely saying that he put it in the hearts of men and women to act in ways contrary to nature simply because we have accepted the world we live in through our tolerance and indifference to everything. If there is any "SIN" we are all guilty, equally.


This is a very troubling belief, in my opinion. If God put "it" in their hearts, how can it be sin?



posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by colbe
 


I am not pro gay or anti gay. I am anti over sexuality and it appears that this film, just like many others that do make it to the screen proves that producers for the most part are oversexed idiots.

Do we need graphic depiction of sex in every love story? Are we too stupid to appreciate a good gay or straight love story without graphic sex? Why can't love stories cut away at the bedroom, and leave the romance to the imagination? If someone is so addicted to watching sex that the only reason to go to a movie is for the sex scene, or the naked body, or someone's genitalia, what does that say about us?

You say that homosexuality is about LOVE. No it is not. Love is love, Sex is sex.

I have had many male friends in my life that I fell in love with. However I never had sex any of them. I have also loved many women whom I did not have sex with.

Homo(sexuality) deals only with the type of person you are physically attracted to having sex with.

Adrenaline (How it makes you feel) Adrenaline makes you feel exhilarated and makes your heart feel like it's pounding out of your chest.

Phenylethylamine (How it makes you feel) You are overwhelmed with feelings of bliss, attraction and excitement. Triggers the Release of Dopamine

Serotonin (How it makes you feel) You feel cheerful, hopeful, emotionally balanced, and content. Most clinical anti-depression medications pump up serotonin levels in your brain.


We are born without the ability or desire to have sex. For most of us when we first have sex it brings more complications that it does satisfaction. But we crave the "Sex High" enough to continue to allow our sexual desire to dictate who to love. Because we have become addicted to the SEX and not to LOVE.

When one starts using the terms sex and love interchangeably we begin to believe that sex is a necessary component to love. However, older couples who no longer have sex are often times happier in their now non sexual marriage than they were in the days that they were using sex as a crutch to love.

Love is Love, Sex is Sex. These two words and concepts should never be used as substitute for one another. One could truly be happy without ever experiencing sex, it is not necessary except for procreation.

Sex is an amazing addiction to dopamine, which should only be shared by two people who first fell in love and committed their lives to each other. In this way your addiction to love outweighs your addiction to sex, since love is the bond that brought you to sexuality.

We don't need all this sexuality, nothing good comes from it. Look at the world.
Have we had enough sex? When is it time to love?

www.askmen.com...


Hello Sacgamer,

I NEVER said homosexuality is about love. Yes...

There are higher things than sex, there is a Scripture verse, I would have to look it up.



God bless you,


colbe



posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25
 


Please don't speak for me. I have not accepted the world I live in, I realize there is no truth in it and I do not condone ANY of those things you listed. I am trapped here for now, and I know that I am not truly free, none of us are. If I sin, it is because the society around me, which was set up before I was born, forces me to sin.

If you are part of modern society, you are nothing but a work-force slave who serves money and not god. I am guilty of it as well, but I have no choice in the matter. I was not brought up to be able to survive on my own, so moving out in the woods is not an option for me.

I doubt I am the only one who sees it that way either, so you claiming to speak for everyone by saying they have accepted the world is completely untrue.



posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by sacgamer25
 





God is merely saying that he put it in the hearts of men and women to act in ways contrary to nature simply because we have accepted the world we live in through our tolerance and indifference to everything. If there is any "SIN" we are all guilty, equally.


This is a very troubling belief, in my opinion. If God put "it" in their hearts, how can it be sin?


You can either believe God is in control or we are in control. What is sin? Sin is what is against love, if what you are doing is against love than you should not be able to find love. If you find love than God must consider you clean. Since love is righteous.

I will leave it up to God what he considers clean and I will only deal in matters that are clearly against love. Do you see I don't have to judge what is or is not sin, you will judge yourself. And if you find love than you have judged yourself clean. If you truly find love than God must also consider you clean. Otherwise you will never find love.

I can't answer if your choice in sexual partners makes you clean or unclean only God and the individual can know for certain. At this time I do not see being Gay as against love, although I do have questions. And I think my line of thought is very close to Paul's. Remember that these things were visions of a future that was vastly different from what Paul or anyone else was familiar with.



posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
 


God did not set up the RCC, man did. Why are you accusing God for a very poor understanding of scripture, and a warped religion that adaptad evey sort of Pegan Practice simply because they wanted more money and power?

God may have allowed it but men choose it.



posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by colbe
 





There is no argument or debate over sodomy. Christians and non-Christians know it is a grave sin. Have no faith or belief, the natural law tells you sodomy is wrong.


Yes, there is argument and debate over sodomy, and your view is a minority view.


Beginning with Illinois in 1961, state legislatures reexamined their sodomy statutes. Twenty-seven states repealed these laws, usually as a part of a general revision of the criminal code and with the recognition that heterosexuals engage in oral and anal sex. In addition, state courts in 10 states applied state constitutional provisions to invalidate sodomy laws. As of early 2003, eight states had laws that barred heterosexual and homosexual sodomy. Three other states barred sodomy between homosexuals.


windword,

In God's eyes, sodomy is not a debate. You can already know for a long time it is a grave evil.

I posted the number, the 27 states, I see your quote. The end of evil, the 6th Day, these are the end times. A minority is the Remnant.

How do I convince you to become part of the Remnant?



posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25
 


Paul was not unaware of gay people. As I said, he was a citizen of Rome, a place where gay people were VERY open about their sexuality. There were no laws against being gay and no punishment for having same-sex sex.

If you think the RCC was set up by corrupt men, then why did you suggest someone to go to a Catholic church "where Jesus will be"? The Catholic church is an abomination, and Jesus is nowhere near any of their churches, for sure.



posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25
 


Paul was no prophet. The list of offense in your quote from the book of Romans are not unique to our time. Those flaws of human nature were alive and well during the lifetime of Paul, as a matter of fact, he could have been talking about himself and his own flaws before his "conversion."



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join