It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin: Cellphone pics of guns and drugs

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
Rather than blaming Al Sharpton for making a political football of this event, you should be criticising Sanford PD for instantly treating the death of a young black man as a justifiable kill, based on the bare minimum of investigation. Releasing Zimmerman just because he had a few minor injuries and claimed he was in fear of his life - without even knowing who the dead teen was - should be viewed as criminal negligence.
edit on 1-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

That's because they were under that stupid stand your ground law and GZ being a friend of theirs did not help.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I said I was done with thread but just can't stay away.

You all need to give up, those who think Zimmerman should hang will never change their opinion and those who support Zimmerman won't either. This thread is full of emotionally charged speculation with very few facts about the case.

When the sensational story broke national headlines I thought Zimmerman should be charged with murder, but taking a step back and looking at the facts I came to the conclusion that the Sanford police made the right call when they released Zimmerman on the basis of the 'Stand your Ground" law.

The only reason this a national story is because ambulance chasing lawyers coupled with the gun control agenda made for a sensational story and great propaganda.

If Zimmerman gets a fair trial he will walk, you can quote me on that.

I do not condone his actions, but for the murder charge to stick the prosecutors have to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. I do not see that happening with an impartial jury.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202

Originally posted by Spider879
reply to post by NickDC202

Again the issue is not weather a black kid got shot that kind of stuff happens every day but the fact the stupid stand your ground law allowed for an alleged killer not in law enforcement to walk on his own say so without even appearing in court,honestly I never even knew that such ridiculous laws existed till this case,the racial angle was an after thought and that has links to profiling,this thing in my opinion would have been a local issue if GZ was taken into custody and had to explain himself in front of a jury,the side issue of GZ the wife beater and police assaulter and general A-hole matched by TV's thug posturing on Face Book ,weed smoking and gun show off ,if that was his gun in the first place is besides the point..THEY WERE NEVER /b] gonna let GZ see the inside of a court room,that's the failure right there,for even in a car accident involving death you of have to go before a jury of some sort unless I am mistaken.

Before responding I was conflicted about whether or not there would have been charges without Sharpton's involvement; then I did my research and I am no longer conflicted: without Sharpton's involvement there WOULD have been charges. Here's why:

According a Reuters article on 3 April 2013, following the 26 February 2012 shooting death of Trayvon Martin:
www.reuters.com...

For about 10 days, the story remained obscure. Television news from nearby Orlando aired a few segments. The Orlando Sentinel published two brief articles, and the twice-weekly Sanford Herald ran 213 words. Otherwise, there was media silence.

Frustrated with the way law enforcement were handling his son's death, Trayvon's father Tracy called his sister-in-law Patricia Jones who is an attorney. On 28 February 2012, Jones connected Mr Martin to Benjamin Crump, Florida's best-known civil rights attorney who took the case pro bono.

Now Crump and Jackson needed a media strategy. On March 5, Jackson brought in Ryan Julison, a publicist who had worked with her on a number of high-profile cases. After speaking with Tracy Martin, Julison said he also took the job for free and went to work pitching the story to national media.

Crump knew from his experience on the boot-camp case that publicity could force officials to act, but it would require persuading two people who had never stood before a television camera to withstand the spotlight.

On 7 March 2012 the shooting death got national media attention when Reuters published a story titled "Family of Florida Boy Killed by Neighborhood Watch Seeks Arrest." The next day, CBS News aired a segment on incident and by 10 am on 8 March 2012 a crowd of reporters gathered at Natalie Jackson's law office for a news conference with Ben Crump and Tracy Martin. The media firestorm had begun.
www.reuters.com...

According to a 26 March 2012 New York Times article:
www.nytimes.com...

By the end of the week, CNN and its sister channel HLN were also on the story, as were some black radio hosts and bloggers.

National coverage increased somewhat the week of March 12, but really intensified only after March 16, when tapes of 911 calls were released, showing that Mr. Zimmerman had been told by a dispatcher that he did not need to follow Trayvon. Having the audio — which the police had previously declined to release — was critical because it gave radio and TV reporters more material for their segments and because it aroused more suspicion about Mr. Zimmerman.

Within days of the national media scrutiny, the Justice Department said it would investigate the case, and on March 23, President Obama addressed it directly, furthering the media dialogue.

www.nytimes.com...

Rev Al's actions did more to create division between people and publicize himself; his actions polarized a nation but without his involvement I have no doubt there would have been an charges against Zimmerman.

Thanks for the added info but while Sharpton may not have been helpful the profiling aspect would guarantee pro and con divide,as Black males have had it up to here with stop and frisk.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

Black males have had it up to here with stop and frisk.
yes, and they aren't the only ones but the question remains, since when do citizens (GZ) ever 'stop and frisk' anyone ??
and, who is claiming that GZ did any such thing ?

to the posters concerned with 'riots' following the trial verdict, maybe in some parts of the country but they won't be happening in FL ... our residents just aren't that stupid and since Sharpton seems to be off in another dimension, perhaps wherever he is, is where the concern should be as well.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Paschar0
Link

Drudge posted this link also.

This is pretty much what I expected from vile prosecutors and LE who seem to think lying by omission is somehow OK.

For me, It strengthens my belief in Zimmerman's intuition and judgement were correct to suspect Martin, I can't help but wonder what might have happened if Martin had a weapon with him that night.

While the gun and drugs by themselves don't mean Martin was a thug, together and with other things we know about him, it paints a clear enough picture for me that I know I don't want him or his kind around me or my family.

It also demonstrates an actual conspiracy by prosecutors and their minions, which if not for someone brave enough to come forward, we would never have learned about. Someone please explain how suppressing this evidence furthers the cause for truth and fairness in this trial?

you do realize zimmermen got out of his truck with a loaded weapon, chased after martin, and shot him after getting into a struggle with him....all of which is illegal and was told by the police over the phone not to do? .....so that means you have the moral authority to go out and shoot any black person in a hoody walking in your neighborhood because he looks like a thug and therefore "suspicious"

That makes no difference. Obviously, if your being followed by someone, who then exits their vehicle and confronts you ( despite being told by the police to not follow or confront) you should lie on the ground, legs crossed, hands behind your head with fingers interlocked and obey every order they give. Besides, the person following you could be armed and just itching for a reason to use his firearm. Mouthing off can get you killed. Just common street sense here.

Zimmerman got to do exactly what he wanted to do........ murder someone. And he just might get off.

Jeez......

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
Rather than blaming Al Sharpton for making a political football of this event, you should be criticising Sanford PD for instantly treating the death of a young black man as a justifiable kill, based on the bare minimum of investigation. Releasing Zimmerman just because he had a few minor injuries and claimed he was in fear of his life - without even knowing who the dead teen was - should be viewed as criminal negligence.
edit on 1-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

That's because they were under that stupid stand your ground law and GZ being a friend of theirs did not help.

If Zimmerman beats this it will set a precedence.

If you can legal carry concealed, and get into an altercation with anyone......just say you felt your life was threatened. Those are the ingredients for beating a murder charge.

Lastly, ensure you are the only witness or credible therein.

To easy. Lets all try it out.

Walk down your street, walk up to anyone, insight a scuffle then blast them.

You win.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

You all need to give up, those who think Zimmerman should hang will never change their opinion and those who support Zimmerman won't either. This thread is full of emotionally charged speculation with very few facts about the case.

When the sensational story broke national headlines I thought Zimmerman should be charged with murder, but taking a step back and looking at the facts I came to the conclusion that the Sanford police made the right call when they released Zimmerman on the basis of the 'Stand your Ground" law.

The only reason this a national story is because ambulance chasing lawyers coupled with the gun control agenda made for a sensational story and great propaganda.

I do not condone his actions, but for the murder charge to stick the prosecutors have to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. I do not see that happening with an impartial jury.

And with that reasoning any black male in a Stand Your Ground state have the right to confront any White male wearing a Mullet hair cut, having Confederate flag patch on their jackets or pants and shoot them dead because all they need to do is imagine that they could be in danger..off course dead Mullet white guy can't tell his side of the story so scared Black male get to walk on his own recognizance.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

And with that reasoning any black male in a Stand Your Ground state have the right to confront any White male wearing a Mullet hair cut, having Confederate flag patch on their jackets or pants and shoot them dead because all they need to do is imagine that they could be in danger..off course dead Mullet white guy can't tell his side of the story so scared Black male get to walk on his own recognizance.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......I know you know.

Let them be blind in their convictions.

Should the tables turn, he'll have no furry at the rate they would attempt to hang, torch, drag, curb stomp..... You name it, they just waiting to get the green light to begin.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Anyone who would riot over the outcome of this case should stay away from my home. I can promise that I will not hesitate to pull the trigger repeatedly and without remorse to protect my family and my property.

Anyone who would riot over the outcome of this trial is just too %$@##&* for words.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
he'll have no furry at the rate they would attempt to hang, torch, drag, curb stomp..... You name it, they just waiting to get the green light to begin.

Furry? As in ...furry stuffed animals? Or guys with hairy backs? I have hair on my chest, do I qualify as furry?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bbracken677

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
he'll have no furry at the rate they would attempt to hang, torch, drag, curb stomp..... You name it, they just waiting to get the green light to begin.

Furry? As in ...furry stuffed animals? Or guys with hairy backs? I have hair on my chest, do I qualify as furry?

Hairy backs and chest.. you qualify ('
')

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Personally, I think Stop & Frisk in it's current form is a disgusting policy and with the current policy's loose parameters I question it's Constitutionality.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

as the coppers do it daily, why shouldn't everyone else ?
since it works for them ... it should work for everyone, right ?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
What I find ironic is the fact that many people in this thread are defending TM for getting upset at being "followed" or looked at with disdain or whatever, are the same ones who are condemning the police for taking down a kid who looked at them with disdain.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I have been to more homicides where someone got bashed by an obviously dodgy looking stranger in a hoody.

Than people getting accidentally getting killed for looking dodgy in a hoody.

And in every case of random bashings, the question was always " what if the victim had reacted first "

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Black males have had it up to here with stop and frisk.
yes, and they aren't the only ones but the question remains, since when do citizens (GZ) ever 'stop and frisk' anyone ??
and, who is claiming that GZ did any such thing ?

What business was it of GZ in the first place? That is the point

GZ was playing the busy body role and he lost his cool, he's gonna eat it.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hamburgerler

his neighborhood, his business ... is this difficult for you to comprehend ?

so says the person who wasn't there ... but you're free to spew as much nonsense as you wish. carry on.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

so says the person who wasn't there ... but you're free to spew as much nonsense as you wish. carry on.

Ya, it is.

He should of been minding his own business, TM committed no crime, and Zimmerman got trigger happy.

You do not stop someone from going about their business, in many parts of the world that is a threatening gesture. GZ started a conflict and he ended up killing an innocent person, he's gonna have to take responsibility for his actions. However, maybe he should be let free if he is sincerely sorry.

I see no sense in ruining two lives, however I still think GZ was wrong, flat.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Shouldn't he at least have the approval of the vast majority of his neighbours? Better still, be part of an organised team and follow practical guidelines? How much simpler would George's life have been if he'd just phoned one of the many residents he claims to have known and said, "There's a suspicious youth heading in your direction - can you keep an eye out for which way he's going and I'll head to x position?"
edit on 2-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
TM was 6', 160 lbs. GZ was 5'8", 170 lbs.
www.examiner.com...

Excellent info. Martin wasn't some little kid.
They were pretty much the same weight and Martin was a good 4 inches taller.
The little kid Martin pictures in the news are part of the media spin and are misleading.
That's why we have to wait for the trial. There is way too much garbage in the MSM.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join