It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin: Cellphone pics of guns and drugs

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0

I'll admit it I also have pictures of weed and guns on my phone, without knowing me personally you would have never even guessed.

I don't know many people who have pictures of guns that don't own or want one already. I also don't know anyone who has pictures of weed that wouldn't be a smoker, maybe you're just special.

It's plain to see he gets high, likely has or has had a gun and shows an interest in the "thug life". I have no proof you think Zimmerman is guilty, but it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together for both these points.

The point is, it shows more of Martin's true character, which is exactly why prosecutors didn't want it getting out. I'm quite sure if it were a pocket bible and pictures of Jesus, it would have been released.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

Wait, what? So if I am a gun owner I deserve to be assaulted? Regardless of what I am doing at the time?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

If I had you pinned to the floor and had just slammed the back of your head against the ground, causing it to start bleeding, would your head really remain still enough that a 6 inch long blood trail in one direction would have time to appear? The run -off of that blood looks as if has been caused by the head being moved slowly, not frantically.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by beastnwokillah
Most gun toting clowns are just looking for a reason to shoot.

Totally biased statement based on an absolute lack of facts.

If this were true there would be a lot of shootings in Middle and Upper Income Texas. Instead the shootings occur in lower income Texas by people without CC licenses. I doubt Texas is hugely different from other states.

As usual, generalizing and sweeping statements tend to be false.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
If people , anyone , no matter age or race. Wants to look a certain way, then let them take the risks that come with the image they are wanting to project.

What is wrong with parents just saying,....

"You want to look like a prostitute, then expect to be treated like one"

Or...

" You want to wear a hoody, then expect to be treated like a gangster "

It is harsh, but the truth.

Amen...as I stated earlier: I have people coming in every day to apply for a job dressed like they are going to a party in the hood and then cant understand why they are not offered a position in B to B sales.

Bad parents, lack of sense, lack of understanding how things work.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
reply to post by NickDC202

My big question everyone seems to be avoiding is “Will there be riots if Zimmerman gets acquitted of the charges?

Your thoughts?

I don't see why the potential for civil unrest should be limited to a trial ending in acquittal; as passions are very high on both sides and any verdict could result in unrest. I would caution against limiting your mindset for the potential for riots to an acquittal.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter
reply to post by thedeadtruth

I'm very bad with detecting sarcasm online, but if you aren't being sarcastic that is horrible.

What defines dressing like a prostitute? What defines dressing like "a gangster"?

Can you not understand that culture has a major impact on how we dress?

It is 2013, people should not be judged on what they wear.

What if some people can only afford hand me downs which are baggy hoodies and pants? Are they "gangster"?

It's pathetic people cast judgments on others based on how they dress.

It's time to move forward don't you think?

PS: for those of you that said he's a "druggie": Weed has been legalized in 2 states in US, does that mean you now have 2 druggie states?

Half the people I know in Canada have smoked weed, not to mention Canada has a large number of firearms owners. This does not make Canada a "gangster" country does it?

Unbelievable.
edit on 1-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

So...are you one of those dressed like a gangsta that showed up in my office looking for a job? If so then let me tell you something. Everyone judges people when they meet for the first time. It's called: first impression. To deny that one does this is disingenuous at the least and an outright lie at the worst. If you want to excuse people whose apparel makes a statement that is anti-social, then go for it, but mainstream America will not and does not have to. Unless you want to bring Nazi like enforcement, mainstream America will continue to view dressing like pimps, prostitutes and gangstas as just that.

You honestly do not understand what is meant by dressing like a prostitute or dressing like a gangsta? Really?

If you think that just because of culture that I should hire people wearing sagging shorts, tats and hoodies to call on professional people to make sales then you, sir, are a moron.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879
To those chomping at the bits for Al Sharpton and others who appointed themselves watch dogs sorry but the justice system created them, you guys like to believe that they came out of a vacuum being loud and obnoxious,I can reach back in time and space and bring back a laundry list of murders and rapes that the Justice system failed Blacks on,need I go back and resurrect Emmett Till and others???,murders by groups of citizens picnicking under southern trees bearing a strange fruit,Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze,non of those good citizens ever got charged for murders,but many here would say yeah that happened in the past lets move on although it is within the life span of many here and the murderers still walks and breathe my air today. another failure of the justice system is rare case of a white convict receiving the death penalty for killing a black today..btw.I am no friend of the death penalty except in cases involving murder/rape of children,

The point is if the justice system would act evenhandedly from arrest to sentencing to all it's citizens there would be no Sharptons ,this case came about because it smelled like the bad ol dayz a kid was shot and killed the alleged perp was released on his own recognizance no trial was ever going to take place the parents of the dead kid needed answers they were being stalled the Justice system was telling them to suck it up this is a stand your ground state.

As I made crystal clear in my post, I am a big supporter of the mission which Rev Al allegedly tries to advance when in reality he only tries to advance his own visibility. I demonstrated and would be happy to provide further examples of how Rev Al serves to further racial division by using explosive rhetoric to polarize and work against inclusion.

I'm sorry but as someone who has followed Sharpton since my youth, to Rev Al this didn't smell "like the bad ol dayz" as you said, it looked like a situation where he could exploit a death to further his own place in the spotlight and allow his bank account to grow. Rev Al is NOT the Reverend Jesse Jackson; Rev Jackson has made countless positive contributions to racial unity and understanding and has been a true advocate against injustice in America and globally while Rev Al has only ever served as an agent of exploitation and division. If you don't recognize this, then I suggest you fully examine the career of Rev Al.

edit on 6/1/2013 by NickDC202 because: added material

edit on 6/1/2013 by NickDC202 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Exactly. Very wise words.

Originally posted by Allegorical
What is "gangsta culture" Navy Doc?? You really man BLACK kids, just admit it.

Don't even try it .....
Martin was a self professed 'gansta'.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

By your own words you assume Trayvon to be an uncivilized, idiotic, thug.
I do not see him that way at all.

So? You choose not to look at the fact that Martin was a drug user; had been kicked out of his house by his own mother for bad behavior; was skipping school; was 'talking it up' and was a self professed 'gansta'; posted pictures of himself doing drugs; and he was not some angelic lil' boy like the press tried to make him out to be. If you choose not to see the truth of that ... that makes the facts about Martin somehow wrong?? Answer ... no.

Martin was no angel. Neither was Zimmerman. This is probably a case of two people, who continually make bad choices, coming together and it coming to a bad ending. Side note - being shot to death is something that 'gansta's have to face all the time ... so the self professed 'gansta' Martin shouldn't have been surprised that he encountered a gun pointed at him in real life.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Exactly. Very wise words.

What is "gangsta culture" Navy Doc?? You really man BLACK kids, just admit it.

Don't even try it .....
Martin was a self professed 'gansta'.

Did you hear any loud-mouthed, cocky thug gansta type insulting George and his whole family line as he was being beaten mercilessly, during the 911 call everybody has heard? Or did George's pitiful screams drown out all gansta Trayvon's vocalisations? I bet now you want to believe the bragging gansta is also a silent, determined assassin-type, too?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Allegorical

Are you just playing ignorant of what is going on or is it for real?
You do realize that there have been calls for riots and even calls for Zimmermans death by The New Black Panthers, don't you? And this has been stroked by those in the media just itching for a major story.

Try walking around Philly ... certain neighborhoods ... (like by the Hard Rock) ... and you'll see a whole lotta' dark faces with a whole lotta' hate and you'll hear a people actually standing on boxes preaching against non-black America. It wouldn't take much of a push for them to take action.

... and it's all going to go down over the heat of summer ...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
But, apart from Zimmerman's questionable testimony and some very flimsy physical evidence that supposedly corroborates his account, there is no proof that Trayvon ever did such a thing.

- 'questionable testimony'? What makes it questionable?
- 'flimsy physical evidence'? What makes the evidence 'flimsy'?
- You say there is no proof that Martin did anything ... and yet there is no proof that Zimmermans story is false. Same/same.

You've accepted Zimmerman's testimony without even hearing him defend his story under the kind of questioning it deserves.

.. and you've automatically rejected it. Same/same.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa
The fact is, he was unarmed when he was killed, and Zimmerman used unnecessary excessive force.

So if someone is bashing your head into the cement ... and you have a gun and can stop it .. you won't shoot to protect yourself? that's 'excessive force'?? Really? Okay. Good to know.

Stick to the facts. Fact is, Trayvon was unarmed at the time that he was murdered.

Okay .. here's a fact for you to stick to ... There is no proof that Martin was 'murdered'. Martin could easily be the perp. It won't be until after the trial that we'll know if Martin was murdered or if Martin is dead because of his own stupid actions.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I've not "automatically rejected" it, I've done so after careful consideration of the available evidence. Something may come out in the court case that makes me totally revise my opinions, but I'm doubtful, to say the least.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

So? That means he's an uncivilized, idiotic thug that deserves to die?

Hey ... if he attacked another human being and that human being had a gun to defend himself .. then Martin gets the Darwin award for stupidity.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Then maybe you should give the same consideration to others and not tell them that they automatically accepted Zimmermans account .. ya' know? If you came to your conclusion by looking at the information, then allow that others came to their conclusions by looking at the information as well.

People can come to different conclusions and not be 'automatically accepting/rejecting' ....

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
If a 10 year old comes towards you and kicks you really hard in the shin, is that a request to be killed? Self-defence isn't a strictly black and white issue - there are lots of variables that come into play when determining the validity of a claim.

If your head is being bashed in the concrete and the person won't stop ... then protecting yourself by pulling out a gun and shooting the attacker is justified. Have YOU ever had a concussion? I have. It's life changing. And having your head bashed on the concrete can kill ... it's just as deadly as being shot.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by StellarAvenger
I'm seeing, people saying he should've been KILLED because he of how he was dressed,.

Where'd you see anyone say that?
People said he was acting shady and dressed like a thug so he was suspicious.
But where did people (that means more than one) say he deserved to die because of that?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Taissa
The fact is, he was unarmed when he was killed, and Zimmerman used unnecessary excessive force.

So if someone is bashing your head into the cement ... and you have a gun and can stop it .. you won't shoot to protect yourself? that's 'excessive force'?? Really? Okay. Good to know.

If someone was banging my head into cement and doing such an ineffective job of it as TM was, his face would be being attacked constantly by my free hands and he wouldn't have needed a gunshot wound to know he'd been in a fight. But, I've never had to rely on a gun to fight my battles, so it might be a cultural thing.
edit on 1-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

There ya' go. Same/same. If Martins behavior outside that night matters .. then so does Zimmermans. If Zimmermans behavior outside that night matters .. then so does Martins. Either it all matters or none of it matters.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join