It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe UN will ban Religion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
the un has power to ban something?

the un can't even stop one of it's member states from defying it with anything more than a letter and sanctions.

a ban on religion would be crock

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by the sandman

Originally posted by Simulacra

Originally posted by intrepid
Human error in interpretation of scripture.

So when is the JW scheduled 'End of the World' going to take place? I don't want to be late for it.

"No one knows the day or the time" "it will come as a thief in the night"

As for the UN banning Religion- well who knows its possible... the UN are probably not secretly huddled in a secret room talking about banning it...you can just imagine.

Tom: So what day will we do it?
Jill: I think Wednesday will be good.
Tom: No lets wait till after Christmas.

The Bible says that God will put it (the reason to ban) into their (UN/Governments) hearts.

It will be a last minute thing. When the end is about to come. Too late for backtracking.

If you think about it Religion has been the cause of most Wars / Problems.

Catholic against Protestant and Vice Versa (many Countries epecially Northern Ireland)
Jews / Christians / Islam

" The united Nations Council has decided that due to Religion causing so many problems and getting involved in things it shouldn't, like Politics etc. that it is going to ban "all" religion (just to be fair)."

"This will happen on......."

"If you do not disbanden your Religion by...........

This will be the start of "The End" then comes - Armaggedon.

The Jehovah Witnesses predicted that 1975 would be the year to end all years. They prepared themselves to leave. Some of them even quit their jobs and/ or careers to get ready to leave. Instead, nothing happened. There was no End Of Days. The Witnesses were shocked, dismayed and upset. The incident was called The Great Disappointment. The Watchtower made a statement about this situation. They covered their own asses. Not taking the blame, they blamed the entire fiasco on the Witnesses themselves. If that is true, then why didn't the Governing Body (The Watchtower), tell its followers that 1975 WASN'T going to happen and that the Witnesses were making a grave mistake?? Hmmmm......

Still though, people nowadays are attracted to the Jehovah Witnesses and attend their meetings.

Wisconsin

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Wisconsin]

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Wisconsin]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
They're so busy watching dates, they pay no attention to doing and teaching the law, being hospitable and tolerant, caring for widows or orphans or practicing Mercy.

What they do is advertise, advertise, advertise. And that's where it stops.

I was a Witness from 1965-1977, and they are the most inhospitable bunch of self-righteous dogmatized individuals I have ever dealt with.

Thought Control and copying each other is all they seem to know how to do. I was "dissociated" because I dared to question the WT Society in Brooklyn about the accuracy of their own brand of Greek Interlinear Translation.

Being thrown out is not a behavioral issue with them, nor a matter of creating physical harm, although they are being sued because they have refused to repudiate "servants" who practice child molesting.

They'll throw out anybody whose thought patterns are incompatible with their own. Pharisees, with a Christian twist.

Anybody want to argue this?

Sure, I will. They haven't watched dates in years, once bitten.

They are extremely hospitable, usually within their own faith but would help a nonbeliever as well.
That fact about the child-molesters is laughable. They will disfellowship someone for smoking, personal experience, but will tolllerate abuse?
Not coming to their defence but what you posted was totally wrong. On second thought, maybe I did come to their defence.

Actually Intrepid, Sandman is quite correct in saying that "They are the most unhospitable bunch of self righteous dogmatized individuals...". When I used to attend meetings with my "so- called" sweet JW aunt (before she called me a Satanic Bastard and my mom a "whore within a Catholic Harlot full of maggots" for dropping out), I noticed what Sandman was talking about. In there opening prayers to the congregation, elders would ALWAYS pray to Jehovah to take care of the "Brothers around the world" or "The Faithful and Descreet Class". There were storm ravaged countries or diseased ravaged countries or countries being dessimated by plagues or famine or wars. Did they (the JWs) ever once pray for these people??? Nope. Not once. No way. I can testify to that. Oh sure, they would a send the odd van or two to some countries hard hit from earthquakes and stuff, but that is extremely pale in comparison to other Christian groups that take tremendous humanitarian efforts to help people out.

As for the child mollesting scandals. On documentaries, there was a fact, from a JW insider, that there were as much as 25,000 child mollesters in the Watchtower database. Shortly after that startling and revulsive fact came out, my mom ran across my aunt (the "sweet one"...not) who glared at my mom at a picnic. My mom approached her and set "Tell me, Sylvia. What's it like to be in a group that has over 25,000 child mollesters? Whose the Satanic whore now?" My aunt clenched her fists, shouted shocking insults at my mom (this time calling her a "lying blood worm leech of Christendom) which upsetted the rest of the picnic and ran away to her car with her hands held high- with a loud scream. She almost sounded like a screaming man. That same day, after she sped away from the picnic in her Honda Civic, she got into a car accident on the freeway. 3 weeks later, she was released from the hospital. No JWs visted her while she was there. She went to her elders about my mom's "so-called" lies. As a result, my aunt Sylvia (a Witness for over 30 years) was disfellowshipped for knowing too much. Just like that, she was cut off. The stress was too much for her-she had a heart attack one week later and died.

I hate to say this, but, "SHE OR HE WHO LIVES BY THE SWORD SHALL DIE BY THE SWORD".

The JWs are going through not only a learning curve with the "Mollester" scandal. They are going through a major derailment. It will take several decades to clean this one up. Believe me.

Wisconsin

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wisconsin
As a result, my aunt Sylvia (a Witness for over 30 years) was disfellowshipped for knowing too much. Just like that, she was cut off. The stress was too much for her-she had a heart attack one week later and died.

The JWs are going through not only a learning curve with the "Mollester" scandal. They are going through a major derailment. It will take several decades to clean this one up. Believe me.

Sorry to hear about your aunt, Wisconsin. It is amazing that the j-dubs still practice the medieval shunning ritual, but really as we both know, it's the only way they can keep the dam from breaking. If they don't close ranks behind those that they kick out, then the people inside will be infected with truth.

I could easily see the JW church simply crumbling to the ground with the molestation issue and their weird behavior, EXCEPT for the the idea that they are supported by powerful interests. There's billions of dollars in equity and holdings in the Brooklyn Corps, let alone worldwide. All the JW dopes pay for the kingdom halls with their own money and the WTBTS corporation owns 'em. Hilarious really.

As for the original topic, I would say the JWs have a persecution complex. Like a person who says, "One day I'm gonna get run over by a car, I just know it!" and this same person will subconsciously walk close to the street or cross the street unsafely so as to fulfill their own prognostication. Similarly, if a JW is pounding on doors and proclaiming the end of the world's governments (sitting down during the anthem, not saluting flag, etc) then the persecution complex will obviously be manifested at some point of course. So the organized plan for their church is probably to end up in some concentration camp like happened to a few of them in nazi germany. Sad that more of them don't flee, really. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if the Watchtower rank and file members are destined to be cannon fodder for some evil in the future. I say this because they have no idea how their church teaches them the opposite of what it does:

At the link below you can see that the Watchtower cozied up to the United Nations in 1992, and this went on for years before some rank and file members got wind of it and exposed the fraud (dozens of disfellowshippings did not stop the truth). This is all heavily surpressed in their cult and will cause you to be kicked out if you talk about it at length. The Watchtower will still preach hate for the UN even though they are secretly conspiring with them.

proof: www.towertotruth.net...

“agreed to meet criteria for association, including support and respect for the principles of the Charter of the United Nations"

The Watchtower lies to their followers and lives a "double life". This is news, only to JWs of course.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by smallpeeps]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

As a result, my aunt Sylvia (a Witness for over 30 years) was disfellowshipped for knowing too much. Just like that, she was cut off. The stress was too much for her-she had a heart attack one week later and died.

Sorry to hear about your aunt, Wisconsin. It is amazing that the j-dubs still practice the medieval shunning ritual, but really as we both know, it's the only way they can keep the dam from breaking. If they don't close ranks behind those that they kick out, then the people inside will be infected with truth.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by smallpeeps]

Thank you for your condolences. I will pass them on to my mom also. Again, the condolences you expressed is appreciated. It was two years ago she passed away.

JWs aren't too interested in a person's personal interests at the door. The just want the person to shut up and convert. But, bring up the Mollestation Scandal and they'll flee. Also, bring up The Secret Book that was put on the internet that had abunch of elders disfellowshipped because of it. Also, bring up the fact that the JWs don't tell the new potential coverts that there will be almost 1000 years of burying dead bones of unbelievers after Armageddon and destroyed rubble from buildings to rebuild. Yes, the positive pictures of paradise we see in their magazines/ books where "lions and sheep sit together as millions people smile and hug each other among a beautiful sunrise in a valley full of abundant fruits and vegetables" is a paradise that will be man made after Armageddon- 1000 years AFTER. During the first 1000 years of replacing destroyed buildings and rotting corpses is what is going to have to be done by the Witnesses before this magnificant paradise comes about. It's weird. After all, I guess Jehivah doesn't have the power
to make buildings rise on their own. Sounds like a limited God to me.

And have you noticed how sharp and defensive they get now- a- days? I mean some of them act like my aunt- The 2 Faces Of Eve.

Wisconsin

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
That's weird. A day after I put a couple of replies on this thread, two JWs "knocked" on my door this morning. I knew so because when I was sleeping, I heard the door bell ring in the morning. Then, when I checked the mail box for my usual mail later in the day, I saw their tracts about paradise. My neighbor told me that he saw a man in a suit and a lady in a dress ring the bell while he was gardening. It's a conspiracy!!!!! LOL

Wisconsin

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I was raised in the Truth and never saw the inside of another church until I was old enough to make the decision to do so on my own. At about 19 or 20 I started to spread my wings and see what other demoninations had to offer. Now that I have the benefit of experience behind me, I can't say that I could fully accept the truth, but things they taught when I was younger seem to be dead on today. They proclaim that Satan the Devil is the ruler of this "Wicked System of Things", which in just about any interpretation, religious or conspiracy, is about dead on. They don't salute a flag, because they fell it is idolizing, almost as if bowing to a pagan god (close to a conspiracy approach). The Truth doesn't recognize Christmas because the birthdate of Jesus is skewed (along with most other pieces of history). In my experiences I haven't seen anything that would have me go against that. They can, at times, appear to be somewhat cultish in that they are adamant about not associating themselves with "worldly" things (but looking from the outside in is not entirely a bad idea). However, self righteous... yeah I can see it at times. Also, I found it tough to be confined to one way of thinking without much latitude to question or explore other interpretations. I was approached by a witness last week and I wanted to ask questions that didn't challenge the Truth, justed want to share insights. The Witness's thought processes were so single minded that she just dismissed anything I said and went back to scripture, the same scripture that I had heard interpreted so many different was in so many different churches. That was disappointing. I think the Truth really has something going, but you don't get anywhere in the way of understanding in the world if you can't open your mind to new insights. Oh, the last thing, and this really bothered me, was the fact that JW are extremely hard on Freemasonry, yet the founder of WTS is touted to be a 33rd. That, along with simlarities to Latter Day Saints (also touted to be rooted in Freemasonry) give me reason to place the ideals under a microscope. Intrepid, and any other former or current Witnesses, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

JWs aren't too interested in a person's personal interests at the door. The just want the person to shut up and convert. But, bring up the Mollestation Scandal and they'll flee. Also, bring up The Secret Book that was put on the internet that had abunch of elders disfellowshipped because of it. Also, bring up the fact that the JWs don't tell the new potential coverts that there will be almost 1000 years of burying dead bones of unbelievers after Armageddon and destroyed rubble from buildings to rebuild. Yes, the positive pictures of paradise we see in their magazines/ books where "lions and sheep sit together as millions people smile and hug each other among a beautiful sunrise in a valley full of abundant fruits and vegetables" is a paradise that will be man made after Armageddon- 1000 years AFTER. During the first 1000 years of replacing destroyed buildings and rotting corpses is what is going to have to be done by the Witnesses before this magnificant paradise comes about.

Wisconsin

Wisconsin,

I neglected to read your post before I posted, because I had two cents to add. I absolutely forgot about the 1000 years. The Secret Book got pass me though, please explain. The 1000 years, yeah, that used to scare the hell out of me as a kid. I really think I blocked it out.

[edit on 6/23/2006 by Cerebral Souldier]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cerebral Souldier
The Secret Book got pass me though, please explain.

Hello Cerebral Souldier.

The "secret book" is the guidebook for Elders in the JW church. It gives them childishly simple advice on what you can be kicked out for and what not. Basically its the manual they use to determine if your sin is great enough. It's called "Pay Attention to Yourselves and to your Teaching" and a copy is entrusted to any man who is promoted to Elder-status. When they "step down" they must give the book back.

Here is a good passage from a free-thinking website regarding this book:

www.watchman.org...

The reason for the Society's intense secrecy regarding the manual can be explained in one word: power. The majority of Pay Attention... is devoted to the exercise of power within a congregation, instructing elders in the proper procedure for handling a wide array of punishable offenses. Power is also at issue because the Society has deliberately kept these regulations from becoming common knowledge amongst the organization, thus leaving Witnesses unprepared and without recourse should their elders accuse them of wrongdoing. The organization has deliberately kept its followers in the dark despite its professed dedication to publishing "new light."

Not really anything to fear unless you are a JW.

What's that scripture again? "To the making of many books there is no end." ...Too true.

[edit on 23-6-2006 by smallpeeps]

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'm amazed that I'd never heard of a Secret Book, but then again I was young. I always thought they just gathered in a room and had some sort of caucus. Any thoughts on WTS founder?

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I'm amazed that I'd never heard of a Secret Book, but then again I was young. I always thought they just gathered in a room and had some sort of caucus. Any thoughts on WTS founder?

You were never meant to hear about it. What goes on behind closed doors is nobody's business but the elders and oversee-ers. Remember, as soon as you read the book and are a JW, you cannot be a JW any longer. Because if the elders get wind of the fact that you read that book, they'll blast you out like a fart in the wind. Or if you want a more extreme example: They'll treat you like a flu virus and EXLAX you out via Green Apple Splatters. Sorry, I had to throw that one in- their disfellowship policy is a farce.

Too bad that you couldn't get a straight answer from that one lady JW. Sounds to me like she gave you "text book" answers. You can get more 3 dimensional answers from JWs who have a "talent" for studying their religion and giving "non text book" answers. Ask a JW "text book talker" a question that wasn't in his or her text book and they'll just stare at you in confusion. Let her run away from you- don't stop her- let her go to the lady's room and have an exlax moment.

There is one main thing the Watchtower wants from its followers and that one thing is UNQUESTIONABLE LOYALTY. There is another thing that the Watchtower DOES NOT tolerate and that one thing is INDEPENDANCE. I know what I'm talking about. In that Secret Book, sex between a married JW couple is regulated. Intercourse is only and should only be done if the husband and wife want to make a kid. If you flip her over and boink her from behind, then you can get disciplined and perhaps even disfellowshipped. When it comes to defining "sex from behind", the JWs call it "Animalistic Analism" which, to them, is a No No. They find out from your JW wife that you're doing that to her, they'll have another exlax moment and flush you out..

As for our thoughts on the WTS (Watchtower) founder, Charles Taze Russel was a man that practiced with other Christians and practiced Christmas. The Watchtower erased some of his historical errors. His successor, Rutherford, was a bit better. He's the one that officially came up with name Jehovah's Witnesses which he got out of the Old Testament. The successors after him kept changing the rules around.

Hey. why doesn't the "Watchtower and Bible Tract Society" change their name to "Watchtower and Bible Tract Society of Green Apple Splatters"? No? Okay I said enough.

Wisconsin

[edit on 24-6-2006 by Wisconsin]

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

No, the Elders of the JW church are chosen for their ability to 1: follow instructions, and 2: intimidate with speaking. If they had to think for themselves, it'd be a disaster. The Elders do not have enough collective brainpower to judge anything. They are drones and the Governing Body is the Queen Bee.

As for Charles Taze Russell, he was no different than a whole other bunch of zealots from the end of the 1800s. There's said to be some occult significance to the Russell name but who knows. Sure he did some dumb things and said some dumb things but the Watchtower has distanced themselves so much from him that it's hard to see the two as one anymore. The corporation took over after Russell and Rutherford died. Corporations are people, at least in the US.

ATS member Masonic Light graciously found me this link: radio.indymedia.org... ...It is the book written by Fritz Springmeyer called "The Watchtower and the Masons". It'll make great reading for anyone curious about CT Russell. (Thanks again ML!)

Wisconsin, your posts are striking a chord in me. Thanks for your input here.

My parents and sisters are still JWs and I leave them alone out of respect but also because it's too painful to look at them and see the brainwashing in their faces and voices. Really, when it comes down to it, my parents were hippies who got seduced by the JWs lack of racial tension. Once they saw an integrated church with blacks and whites in harmony (cult harmony of course), they were sold on everything the Watchtower was saying. My dad was made an elder pretty quick and then it was one rule after another. I still love the guy tho', just not what the church made him into.

I am glad for many things from my JW upbringing although there would have been better ways to raise me, my parents did a good job. I was raised without racism and with general goodwill toward mankind. I think 95% of the JW rank-and-file also share these traits. BUT they are lying when they say that they produce better humans because the TRUTH is that 30% of their kids get kicked out due to misconduct. Not to mention those who take more drastic action. I once told my mother, "You know what I wish? I wish the Watchtower would somehow memorialize the thousands of JW kids who have killed themselves because of some simple sin they committed and were afraid of the shunning they'd face." ...Needless to say that line didn't go over well.
Suicide is probably the most touchy topic in the church, well next to the molestation issue now.

Anyway, as we can see here, the demonization of the UN is just another of their plans and has nothing to do with what their real aims are. One possibility is that the org. is connected at very high levels and it is a model for the future "world religion" which will be mandated by law after "Armageddon" where 80% of the population are killed. Another theory says that the Watchtower is just another blind group bobbing on the waves of religon.

I tend to go with the first theory because the Watchtower church hides much more than people realize. I knew at least one JW who was in the witness protection program and I am CERTAIN that there are other agents seeded inside the group who are not believers but who use the groups door-to-door activity for nefarious purposes. It's just too easy to join, and then as a JW you get legal access to every American's front doorstep with no questions asked. From an espionage standpoint, joining the JWs would be quite useful, so long as you could fake it and sit through the weekly indoctrination sessions.

The UN is congruous with a one world religion idea and we see from the link I posted above that the JWs have colluded with the UN so perhaps a form of the JW church would be the template for that one world religion? In some ways I see the JWs as like the poor Jews who got left behind by their Zionist jewish pals and died in the deathcamps. Sold out, is the term I'm looking for. I think the JWs are sheep which will be sold to slaughter. There will be key JWs who live, but every obedient JW is essentially owned body and soul, by that church and so I think that these rank and file members are seen as disposable and could be useful as martyrs.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Some people see all the bad news about the Jehovah Witnesses. Why then do they continue to join?

Wisconsin

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Some people see all the bad news about the Jehovah Witnesses. Why then do they continue to join?

Wisconsin

Because the faith was originally based on 'Denying Ignorance' in relationship to Christianity! -As per C.T. Russell

Did the Pagan Romans contaminate what Jesus originally started.
-The Great Apastasy?

C.T. Russell and a few others got together and questioned certain doctrines of the Old Church Fathers.

I think the first doctrine they challenged was, "Hell Fire and Eternal Torment."
The thought was, "How could the God of Love endorce literal eternal torture on a person who chose not to serve him?" -Therefore "Eternal Torture" had to be symbolic.

Many other doctrines got challenged and since the organization's main theme is to Advertise to the public, they would attract many, from around the world, into their folds. Not many religions do that. That's why their numbers keep growing. Also all members in the organization are expected to evangelize.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
C.T. Russell and a few others got together and questioned certain doctrines of the Old Church Fathers.

Many other people did this also. One of the funny things is how the JWs claim Martin Luther as one of the first JWs. Hilarious.

Advertise to the public, they would attract many, from around the world, into their folds. Not many religions do that. That's why their numbers keep growing. Also all members in the organization are expected to evangelize.

Their numbers are growing only in third world countries and with barely literate Mexicans in California. There is zero growth in the US and that hasn't changed for years.

Basically people join because they want to feel a sense of belonging, and the doctrine is so childishly simple that absolutely anyone can grasp the gist of it. World's ending, paradise is coming, join our group. That simple a message will always get some people.

What's not always recognized even by those who have been in for years, is the moment when it changes. See, at first, the JW acolyte is lured in with promises of paradise and happiness. But then, once they've followed the instructions to mentally divorce their fleshly family ("they don't understand your NEW family which Christ said you'd inherit") and to put the Watchtower church first, THEN the message becomes exclusively one of duty and obligation.

Darkness at Noon is a great book for all people to read, particularly JWs. The hero of the book gets to a point where the organization he loves actually gives him permission to exist. That's similar to what the JWs feel for their church. In the book, it was communist Russia. Lots of similarities actually.

Another question would be, why do nations join the UN? Probably because the outside message is a good one. But like always, the people at the core of the group have different goals and different agendas than those at the edges. Surely Botswana is more likely to hope in the UN for help whereas America sees the UN as a tool to be defied and used against the people.

Collectivism will not save humanity. Only when we look into our selves and emerge through the other side of our fears, can we relate to eachother as the eternal souls we are. The Watchtower is designed to prevent belief in the eternal soul at all costs. It is their primary reason for being.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
If they had to think for themselves, it'd be a disaster. The Elders do not have enough collective brainpower to judge anything. They are drones and the Governing Body is the Queen Bee.

That's an excellent analogy about the bees. True, if the elders thought for themselves, yes, it would be a disaster. There would be countless divisions and church splits in the denomination. The Mormons have a huge split down the middle. One half believes in poligamy and the other half doesn't. It would be intersting if their was a huge split in the JW religion. One section (Reformed Jehovah's Witnesses) would use the King James Version bible, a stricter adherence in dress codes like the United Pentecostal Church Inc, preach against the Watchtower's hypocricy and disfellowship ONLY in worst case scenarios. The other JW half, of course would be the Watchtower "Green Apple Splatters" flock where their members all talk childishly "simple", wear polished rings and wax faces like Used car salesmen, and proclaim their kingdom in a monotone of "The- kingdom-is-at-hand---at-hand---at-hand---at-hand---(SCRATCH!!!!!)---system-of-things---system-of-things---system-of-things---system-of-things---system -of-things---.....". .

If only they scrapped their "disfellowshipping" policy in general and used it for more extreme examples like Murderers, rapists, adultery, CHILD MOLLESTATION. In the Jehovah's Witness Proclaimers book (1995), it stated that about 10,000 are disfellowshipped each year from the Governing body.

Wisconsin

[edit on 25-6-2006 by Wisconsin]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
99,9% of this thread about JWs is utter and complete BS. I'm a Jw and there is no "Secret doctrine", only one and that is the Bible. All books and publications are there to help people, hence it is so easy to join. Bible itself is tough nut to crack for a beginner.

We also do not require complete loyalty, we are accountable to Jehova and him only. 'Disfellowshipping' isn't done out of spite or because someone "didn't obey teh Great Overlord..." kinda crap reasons, but because it would be contradiction if you say one thing is bad, but let ill people still be among you - it is like you are okay with it. And all of our rules come from the Bible, nowhere else. The only requirement to be a member is to live up to the rules set by Jehova, which is quite easy, but many people seem to have a lot of problems with it. No one is kicked out for good - the person always has a chance redeem him/herself and is greeted back with open arms. Everyone is ready to help any way they can. Of cource criminals and such are a different matter, but people like alcohol problems etc.

Cultures and locations also carry some weight, everyone is different, and some people just don't get along in some places, because of personal disagreements and whatnot.

Don't listen to ex-JW, because they have usually taken disfellowshipping personally and haven't even thought of changing, like "Omgflol dude i like pre-marital sex and i can't have it, youre bunch of losers!111!" ....they lash out, usually by spreading crap in threads like these. By any standards, they are complete morons.

P.S. We always pray for the people that have less and that God would ease the pain of the ones suffering around the world.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
And one more thing, someone wondered why we don't offer help to catastrophe areas and such... The reason is that JW are funded by volunteer donations ONLY, and such our resources are very limited. But I have heard that meny Witnesses have gone to those places and aided any way they can, recently to help the Tsunami victims. Medical and professional aid is beyond our capabilities.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnholyP
99,9% of this thread about JWs is utter and complete BS. I'm a Jw and there is no "Secret doctrine", only one and that is the Bible. All books and publications are there to help people, hence it is so easy to join. Bible itself is tough nut to crack for a beginner.

We also do not require complete loyalty, we are accountable to Jehova and him only. 'Disfellowshipping' isn't done out of spite or because someone "didn't obey teh Great Overlord..." kinda crap reasons, but because it would be contradiction if you say one thing is bad, but let ill people still be among you - it is like you are okay with it. And all of our rules come from the Bible, nowhere else. The only requirement to be a member is to live up to the rules set by Jehova, which is quite easy, but many people seem to have a lot of problems with it. No one is kicked out for good - the person always has a chance redeem him/herself and is greeted back with open arms. Everyone is ready to help any way they can. Of cource criminals and such are a different matter, but people like alcohol problems etc.

Cultures and locations also carry some weight, everyone is different, and some people just don't get along in some places, because of personal disagreements and whatnot.

Don't listen to ex-JW, because they have usually taken disfellowshipping personally and haven't even thought of changing, like "Omgflol dude i like pre-marital sex and i can't have it, youre bunch of losers!111!" ....they lash out, usually by spreading crap in threads like these. By any standards, they are complete morons.

P.S. We always pray for the people that have less and that God would ease the pain of the ones suffering around the world.

Boy oh boy, are you decieved! They spray painted your eyes wide shut! Your organization houses
pedophiles in it's data base! There IS a secret book that's called "Pay Attention." Read it if you dare. What are you afraid of? Are you afraid of the Green Apple Splatter effect because the Watchtower has problems with its bowels?? Thjey are a house made of plastic. There is no substance in that house. Everything is scripted and almost monotone. It's a farce and to just simply shun somebody after 30 years of service for supposedly "Knowing too much" is abunch of F.B.S. Kick out the fondlers!- not the questioners! Ever since that scandal came into play on the television, every time I see a JW man going door to door with a kid, I wanna "clock him" but good. For all I know, he's probably "copping" a feel under her dress while she eats ice cream and telling her NOT to tell anybody or she won't survive "JW Armageddon". Alot of us on this forum know about the crap that's going on in the Watchtower Green Apple Splatters and Tract Society. They know more how to shun than to save. Don't try to pull your "acts of denial" on us. Even your tone on your thread is as far removed from God's conducts as North is from South and is showing us the many same true colors we see on JWs everyday.

Go ahead. bring it up to your elders and ask them the question- "What's this about housing 25,000 known pedophiles on the Watchtower data base???" See what they say. See what happens. Go for it. If they start reaching for crates of toilet paper,and you hear a roaring thunder, hang on and get ready to be flushed out.

Wisconsin

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Wisconsin]

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Wisconsin]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnholyP

Baloney. All the JWs I ran across not once prayed for anybody outside of their flock. Not once. You're in a different world.

Wisconsin

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join