It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe UN will ban Religion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnholyP
"Omgflol dude i like pre-marital sex and i can't have it, youre bunch of losers!111!" ....they lash out, usually by spreading crap in threads like these. By any standards, they are complete morons.

UnholyP,

I didn't post anything out of disrespect for the Truth. I posted because I am in search of insight. I explained an experience and asked for feedback. I never said I was well versed on the Truth, but I do know that some of your comments are unbecoming of a Witness. You might have done more damage to your cause than good. Don't you think an elder would have a field day on the quote above? Listen, I don't know what your experiences have been, and while all Kingdom Hall's have the same directives, I've experienced that the integrity of two congregations in the same Hall can be very different, and sometimes leave a soul with much to be desired. I still feel the Truth is right on with some things, but it can be kind of cultish as well. Hey, I'm just trying to find me, and in that search, it's probably a good idea to investigate the cultures (and impressions in those cultures) that had an impact on the way I think today.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
They're so busy watching dates, they pay no attention to doing and teaching the law, being hospitable and tolerant, caring for widows or orphans or practicing Mercy.

What they do is advertise, advertise, advertise. And that's where it stops.

I was a Witness from 1965-1977, and they are the most inhospitable bunch of self-righteous dogmatized individuals I have ever dealt with.

Thought Control and copying each other is all they seem to know how to do. I was "dissociated" because I dared to question the WT Society in Brooklyn about the accuracy of their own brand of Greek Interlinear Translation.

Being thrown out is not a behavioral issue with them, nor a matter of creating physical harm, although they are being sued because they have refused to repudiate "servants" who practice child molesting.

They'll throw out anybody whose thought patterns are incompatible with their own. Pharisees, with a Christian twist.

Anybody want to argue this?

Sure, I will. They haven't watched dates in years, once bitten.

They are extremely hospitable, usually within their own faith but would help a nonbeliever as well.
That fact about the child-molesters is laughable. They will disfellowship someone for smoking, personal experience, but will tolllerate abuse?
Not coming to their defence but what you posted was totally wrong. On second thought, maybe I did come to their defence.

Well unfortunately I can tell you from my own personal experiences with this group as a child that these are very wicked and cruel people as a whole. While at first contact they may seem all sweetness and sugar, while they try to convert you to their beliefs in almost quota fulfilling manner, once on the inside it soon becomes quite apparent that you are constantly being judged and publically ridiculed, there is no tolerance for questioning of any sort unless it is in a staged environment that will further their own self rightous and predudiced beliefs.
Prior to 1975 we as children were told that if we were not baptised by 1975 when armageddon came then we would die and that parent would turn their backs on us and do nothing to prevent it. In order to be baptised we had to do many many hours of door to door ministry over 100 hrs a month (often having to go to doors completely by ourselves). We were also required to perform sermons and staged play like situations in front of the congregation that were judged and commented on publically by the elders of the church in front of the congregation. We were told that we had to turn our backs on anyone not of the "faith" as they were never to be our friends only mere aquaintences. We were admonished to never try to "fit-in" as we "were not of this world" and were not allowed to participate in any after- school activities or sports. As a child of eleven I spent the night at my friends house, when her older brother came home drunk he attempted to make inappropriate and unwelcome advances on me while I slept. Awakening immediatly I prevented anything from happening and he stumbled off to his room to sleep, I told my friend what had happened and she told her mother as this was not the first time he had tried to assalt one of her friends. For some reason I was brought before a panel of 5 elders and my mother for 5 hours being grilled and was reduced to tears many times by the cruel comments and accusations that I must have wanted him to do these things and that I was unclean etc. even after being medically examined and cleared as a virgin I was forced to sit in church as they told everyone that they were to have nothing to do with me as I was guilty of unchristian-like behavior of a sexual nature. This was all done with my mothers complete approval and went on to last for three years. Let me repeat I was still a virgin, Eleven Years old! No I am sorry, I have seen the evil they are!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

They can always practice secretly. Like witches did.
They're too worried about not being saved.
According to them, 144,000 will be saved of their faith, of course

Are there not more than 144,000 to begin with? Will they be fighting with themselves at the end times or something?

Deep

The 144,000 are the ones who they believe are going to heaven to sit at the right hand of God. These are the ones who used to drink the wine and eat the bread at the memorial services (the only sanctioned quasi-holiday) while every one else in the congregation just passed the offerings without partaking in them. Even as a child growing up in the 60's and 70's there were very few who did partake and when they did they were quite old. The belief was that they were witness to the event of 1914 in which the times of the end had begun and that this was the generation that would not perish without seeing the second coming of Christ. All the other members of the religion were to have to go through the tribulations and be persecuted for their beliefs even to the point of near death before they would be worthy of gaining salvation and go on to live on earth in a paradise condition and all those who had died faithful would be resurrected back to life on earth and everyone would be without sin for ever... or at lease for another 1,000 yrs until Satan would be let loose upon the earth to have one more go around before being destoyed for ever more in the lakes of fire. Doesn't that sound Great! Just how much pain and torment does this loving kind and wonderful God expect his faithful creations (people) to endure before he thinks that they have proven their worth to him.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DonniW

Well unfortunately I can tell you from my own personal experiences with this group as a child that these are very wicked and cruel people as a whole. While at first contact they may seem all sweetness and sugar, while they try to convert you to their beliefs in almost quota fulfilling manner, once on the inside it soon becomes quite apparent that you are constantly being judged and publically ridiculed, there is no tolerance for questioning of any sort unless it is in a staged environment that will further their own self rightous and predudiced beliefs.
Prior to 1975 we as children were told that if we were not baptised by 1975 when armageddon came then we would die and that parent would turn their backs on us and do nothing to prevent it. In order to be baptised we had to do many many hours of door to door ministry over 100 hrs a month (often having to go to doors completely by ourselves). We were also required to perform sermons and staged play like situations in front of the congregation that were judged and commented on publically by the elders of the church in front of the congregation. We were told that we had to turn our backs on anyone not of the "faith" as they were never to be our friends only mere aquaintences. We were admonished to never try to "fit-in" as we "were not of this world" and were not allowed to participate in any after- school activities or sports. As a child of eleven I spent the night at my friends house, when her older brother came home drunk he attempted to make inappropriate and unwelcome advances on me while I slept. Awakening immediatly I prevented anything from happening and he stumbled off to his room to sleep, I told my friend what had happened and she told her mother as this was not the first time he had tried to assalt one of her friends. For some reason I was brought before a panel of 5 elders and my mother for 5 hours being grilled and was reduced to tears many times by the cruel comments and accusations that I must have wanted him to do these things and that I was unclean etc. even after being medically examined and cleared as a virgin I was forced to sit in church as they told everyone that they were to have nothing to do with me as I was guilty of unchristian-like behavior of a sexual nature. This was all done with my mothers complete approval and went on to last for three years. Let me repeat I was still a virgin, Eleven Years old! No I am sorry, I have seen the evil they are!

Ah Haaa!! What do you say to that story, Unholy P? Do you think she's full of it??? Do you think that she is an apostate??? Well???

Wisconsin

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Good... ness, there are some underlying themes here that aren't good at all. It's ironic how the experiences of others in who knows what part of the country are so similar to some things I have seen. Just remembered what was said in Bible study so often... "having a form of Godly devotion but proving false to its power". For a group that takes great pains from separating themselves, it sometimes seems they're only a rosary away from being part of the wicked system of things. UnholyP, I still mean no disrespect, and Donni, I hurt for you; that kind of stuff can screw a young child (especially a girl) up for life. Some of the principles are solid, but the structure of the organization is scary.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Donni,

As I read your story tears welled up in my eyes and I'm truly sorry that you had to endure that.

I also grew up as a JW from birth until about 15 or so. I had no negative experiences with any of the members.

The congregation I went to was very kind, loving and supportive.
Well...until my Mom divorced my Dad when I was 14, then they sort of ostracized us. They were still nice to us...but deep down inside I think they critised my Mom and distanced themselves from her. She divorced him after putting up with his severe abuse for 18 years. She stayed that long because the Elders told her to stick it out. He refused to be a JW.

When I was 13 a son of an Elder tried to rape me while I was home alone and in the shower. They never even questioned me. I called his Dad and told him what had happened..... I never heard much excpet that they sent him off to a mental institution.

And for the record.....there was nooooooo Satanic rituals ever. Just people who love Jehovah and the Truth. I'm actually glad I grew up one. It gave me a very solid foundation.

They are no different than any other Christain really.... they just don't beleive in celebrating holidays.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hello. Ive was a JW for the first 16 years of my life.

Not to downplay some of the experiences that have happened to some of the people here, but if we were to start a catholic post of the same likeness, we would have a list of molestations and uncalledfor disassociations just as long. Point being this....

I practice my worship without a God broker (religion). But I still read the JW bible every day for its unedited adaptation of the english translation, and the only bible to use Gods name Jehovah. (which btw is the physical name of the same god that non-denom christians, catholics, and jews worship) and I sometimes attend a JW meeting or two. But I go to MANY churches, just to hear about God, because that is where he is being talked about. Not because im religious.

If they dont like me because I worship without their earthly system, they they can shove it right up that little hole of a reality they carry around.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Donni, I am sorry you had to see the ugly side of the Watchtower the way you did. You were part of a "mis-fire" in their organization. Nobody like you deserves that kind of crao they put you through. In a situation like yours, you probably feel ashamed, humiliated, alienated and betrayed by a group that you went to for help and who falsely accused you. As for you other person who mentioned that were attacked in the shower by an elder's son, sorry to hear about that too. It would seem to me and countless others that the JWs are only "skin deep".

Wisconsin

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   

99,9% of this thread about JWs is utter and complete BS. . . . . . . . . . . .
Don't listen to ex-JW, because they have usually taken disfellowshipping personally and haven't even thought of changing, like "Omgflol dude i like pre-marital sex and i can't have it, youre bunch of losers!111!" ....they lash out, usually by spreading crap in threads like these. By any standards, they are complete morons.

P.S. We always pray for the people that have less and that God would ease the pain of the ones suffering around the world.

basically yes , people disfellowshipped have the internet to vent on

laws exist in the JW religon , biblical laws & are they are enforced

people are only "throwen out" if they dont want to live by them , its their own choice ( as in they are un-repentant)

no religon is perfect , God knows the weaknesses of each human being - every effort is made to help people to grow stronger spritually - & thats why the bible is the main thing studied in the JW religon . dis-fellowshipped people are still welcome to attend meetings .

Elders are put into positions of spiritual responsibilty before God - the spiritual health of their congregation is their responsibility . disfellowshipping one is never a joyfull thing because of what it means for the person involved

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brad_cf

99,9% of this thread about JWs is utter and complete BS. . . . . . . . . . . .
Don't listen to ex-JW, because they have usually taken disfellowshipping personally and haven't even thought of changing, like "Omgflol dude i like pre-marital sex and i can't have it, youre bunch of losers!111!" ....they lash out, usually by spreading crap in threads like these. By any standards, they are complete morons.

P.S. We always pray for the people that have less and that God would ease the pain of the ones suffering around the world.

basically yes , people disfellowshipped have the internet to vent on

laws exist in the JW religon , biblical laws & are they are enforced

people are only "throwen out" if they dont want to live by them , its their own choice ( as in they are un-repentant)

no religon is perfect , God knows the weaknesses of each human being - every effort is made to help people to grow stronger spritually - & thats why the bible is the main thing studied in the JW religon . dis-fellowshipped people are still welcome to attend meetings .

Elders are put into positions of spiritual responsibilty before God - the spiritual health of their congregation is their responsibility . disfellowshipping one is never a joyfull thing because of what it means for the person involved

So, how long how you been a JW elder. We hadn't seen Unholy P. My guess is that he told the elders on us and the elders probably said- "Stay away from such Heathenistic and Apostate lies in this "system of thinmgs"!!!!!"

Anyhow, how long have you been a JW. I know the words and lingo off by heart. What would say to someobody like Donni with her situation? Would you say that is was a stupid error among uncompassionate and inexperienced elders? You guys will be brought to tears and will soil your pants when God puts you people on the judgement throne.

Wisconsin

Wisconsin

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisconsin

So, how long how you been a JW elder.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Some of you are being unfair to JW's. My best friend while in High School was a JW, along with her entire family. They were very caring and loving people!
I'm a Catholic, and yes, i went to their bible studies (to make them happy) I even went to their church once or twice.
They have their beliefs and i had mine. They tried to "save" me- bla bla bla....
I was able to separate my deep friendship and the religion- I just went along with it all.
They mean well- True, they can be pushy. But they belive they HAVE to preach.

I never converted and i dont think they are the "chosen 144,000" either. But to each their own, i guess.
I remember them fondly and wish i hadnt lost touch with them.

Bottom line- nobody can make you think differently or brainwash you if you dont let it happen, or if you dont want something.

NOW, i wonder if there are Quantum Physics groups out there? Now there's a group i would like to hang out with.

Maybe i'll start my own.......In fact, i wonder if Quantum Physics will be the reason for the demise of religion. If we all learn to go to higher levels, this may be the reason.

Never the less, QP is for me.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Some of you are being unfair to JW's. My best friend while in High School was a JW, along with her entire family. They were very caring and loving people!

I remember them fondly and wish i hadnt lost touch with them.

We aren't being "unfair" to JWs anymore than they are being to us. They weren't very fair and loving to Donni and are people who were falsely accused or raped. Their meetings are scripted and many of them don't just walk up to you and say "Hello" at a Kingdom Hall for no reason unless it says so in their "instruction manuals". I have some of their "instruction manuals". I would be super pissed at them if I gave up everything of this world to be a JW and them panzies would "falsely accuse" me of something and disfellowship me. Crap would hit the fan.

Wisconsin

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
yes - you have a major chip on your shoulder over JW's , sorry you think they are super nasty vindictive people

my experience couldnt be more opposite if you tried . out of all religons that claim to be christian , the JW's follow the bible the closest that i have looked into . no person is perfect & all JW's make mistakes everyday

personally i find it true how the love apostates had at first turns into an even greater hate

as for the thread starter - the JW religon preaches that the world (humankind & its rulers) will turn on religon , all religon . this will be one of the final acts that lead up to the start of Gods armageddon (his war)

they preach this because of what revelation says

(the thousand years is a time of restoration & after that God fully takes back caring for earth & humanity from his son , who was put in charge of the thousand year restoration)

regards

[edit on 2-7-2006 by Brad_cf]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

personally i find it true how the love apostates had at first turns into an even greater hate

You are so deluded it's sad, brad.

See, when the JW's grab a weak person at the door, that new member doesn't have much information in their heads. The JWs say they are looking for "those conscious of their spiritual need" but really they are looking for "those weak enough to fall for our cult techniques".

That's why when these people eventually wake up and leave the JWs, they look back at what the Watchtower is doing (taking weak people and making them weaker) and they feel a hatred for the whole door-to-door JW machinery. You can't feel that hatred because you are still inside the machinery, unable to comprehend reality. We can see here how cold and inhumane you are toward those who have spoken of person attempted rape and other trauma. So typical of JW drones whose hearts are obediently frozen. How many friends have you lost to Satan's world? Have you ever had a JW associate kill themselves? Was their funeral held inside the Kingdom Hall?

So it's not any fulfillment of scripture when people hate your church. It's not God's prophecy being fulfilled when people hate you because any cult member is going to see their own persecution complex fulfilled in this way, as I typed earlier. See, David Koresh's followers felt just like you, when the bulldozers rolled up to their compound. They thought it was armageddon, and that their persecution was proof of Koresh's godliness.

I'm sure you still don't get it, but the truth will set you free, not make you an unfeeling, doorknocking robot.

Do you deny these facts about The Watchtower church?:

- JWs are forbidden from reading certain books or discussing them
- JWs must never interpret the bible themselves.
- JWs must never provide comfort to a "sinner", but must shun them.

...And of course as a result of the above truths:

- JWs don't get smarter
- JWs don't understand God
- JWs are violating Jesus' commandment of mercifulness

This is how I understand your religion to work, but you can correct me here if I am misunderstanding something. ...Oh BTW, did you have any comment about the proof I posted RE: the Watchtower's secret collusion with the UN? What excuse did they give you for that? Isn't it sad how the Governing Body does one thing but tells the followers to do another? As you know, Mexican JWs got tortured and killed and most American JWs didn't know a thing about what the GB was doing down there.

Anyway, I'm sure that if you preach to us here some more, that the word of God will shine through and all this idiocy can make sense. If you type here enough, they may even let you count your hours and report them. Gotta keep those hours up, right?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

You are so deluded it's sad, brad.

See, when the JW's grab a weak person at the door, that new member doesn't have much information in their heads. The JWs say they are looking for "those conscious of their spiritual need" but really they are looking for "those weak enough to fall for our cult techniques".

Um, no. They believe they have to share the Truth with EVERYONE. Keep on believing what you want though.

We can see here how cold and inhumane you are toward those who have spoken of person attempted rape and other trauma. So typical of JW drones whose hearts are obediently frozen. How many friends have you lost to Satan's world? Have you ever had a JW associate kill themselves? Was their funeral held inside the Kingdom Hall?

Hard to debate when one is so full of hate but I will try. I didn't see any coldness towards Donni. Only compassion from ALL members, JW or not.

You are right with the funeral though, a person that commits suicide wouldn't have their funeral in the KH as suicide is a rejection of the gift of life from God. That might have changed over the years but I doubt it.

Snipped the ridiculous Koresh statement.

Do you deny these facts about The Watchtower church?:

- JWs are forbidden from reading certain books or discussing them
- JWs must never interpret the bible themselves.
- JWs must never provide comfort to a "sinner", but must shun them.

1- Yup.
2- Nope, thought and discussion on the Bible is ENCOURAGED.
3- Nope, we're all sinners dude, that would be a lonely life if anyone did what you say they do. However, a person that is unrepentant, continued to do whatever they shoudn't are disfellowshiped, they are given every opportunity to stop whatever it is they're doing before hand though AND are allowed back if they turn things around. In between YES, JW's wouldn't associate with them.

...And of course as a result of the above truths:

- JWs don't get smarter
- JWs don't understand God
- JWs are violating Jesus' commandment of mercifulness

Whatever dude.

This is how I understand your religion to work, but you can correct me here if I am misunderstanding something. ...Oh BTW, did you have any comment about the proof I posted RE: the Watchtower's secret collusion with the UN? What excuse did they give you for that? Isn't it sad how the Governing Body does one thing but tells the followers to do another? As you know, Mexican JWs got tortured and killed and most American JWs didn't know a thing about what the GB was doing down there.

No you don't understand at all. JW's want NO part of this "system of things", that includes the UN.

About them not knowing about Witnesses perils, that's complete bull#. Back in the 70's and 80's they knew about the travails of their brothers and sisters were going through in Uganda. You think they wouldn't know about something in their back yard?

Anyway, I'm sure that if you preach to us here some more, that the word of God will shine through and all this idiocy can make sense. If you type here enough, they may even let you count your hours and report them. Gotta keep those hours up, right?

One can only hope that a little light will shine here. BTW, I'm not counting anything, the only thing I'm doing here is denying ignorance.

Donni

Very sorry to hear about you're experience, believe me I understand and you have my sympathy. I was in a congregation that was run as a privite family church. Things have gotten better there since. I was back home last week and found out that all of the elders except for one has been removed, with one being disfellowshiped. Such hypocracy, but it WAS found out and removed. I left for the same reason, I REFUSED to be a hypocrite. I couldn't live the strict lifestyle but wouldn't blemish the Truth with my actions.

Wow, that was a 2 smoke post.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cerebral Souldier

Sorry, been away for awhile.
I wasn't attacking anyone personally, and if I have someway offended you I apologize, that was not my intention. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect that.

My approach to this was a bit heated, and should have acted more gracefully - my choice of words was not the best. Nobody is perfect.

Anyway, I didn't mean to generalize, and no way mean that anyone who disagrees is stupid in any way. I meant to criticize the people, usually younger folk who drop out, feel betrayed, and then begin a hate campaign against Witnesses because they "oppressed him" in some way. This kind of behavior is childish and is completely unfruitful. Particularly in the summer at the biggest conventions there are protesters who are 99.9% former Witnesses who have nothing better to do than trash other people.

No one is forced to do anything - everything is done by free will. But, like any organized group, you have to have rules and when they happen to have been made by Jehova, you have to regulate carefully the people who belong to this organization because the laws and norms should be upheld by everyone to the letter. Because of this, Witnesses may seem rigid and controlling to outsiders. To me it hasn't been difficult, because I was well mannered before I joined *wink* and have been saved from the clutches of alcohol and such. To me, it has been positive and I don't feel like I have been stripped of liberties or the possibility to enjoy life, on the contrary.

I have heard about differences between congregations and some may not have the integrity like others. It is a shame, really. But, we are all imperfect and sometimes the problems just mount to certain places. My experiences have been very good.

That's it for now

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Um, no. They believe they have to share the Truth with EVERYONE. Keep on believing what you want though.

No Intrepid they know they will never reach Asia. They don't care and they don't question that fact. It's a giant logical hole by which their lie is exposed. They will never give a "witness to all the nations" and so their doorknocking is a waste of time except to trap weak persons. I guess even tho they kicked you out, you still feel that their doorknocking is a good work and to be commended?

BTW You never replied to that other thread where you stupidly denied the JW molestation charges and then I provided you video proof of those charges and you had no response. How cruel that sort of behavior is, for those who know the truth of what goes on. I'm sure you will similarly abandon this thread when the topic goes in that direction also.

Hard to debate when one is so full of hate but I will try. I didn't see any coldness towards Donni. Only compassion from ALL members, JW or not.

Hello? These people above are ALL EX JWS. I am speaking to the person who comes to this thread and denies the pain of others, as you yourself have done in other threads. Do you deny it? I'll be happy to quote your words here. Defenseless children are and have been endemically raped and abused in this church. Deny ignorance? You're not even close.

You are right with the funeral though, a person that commits suicide wouldn't have their funeral in the KH as suicide is a rejection of the gift of life from God. That might have changed over the years but I doubt it.

A REJECTION OF THE-- You really have not been listening have you? People kill themselves because the JW church is a hellhole of control and power games. JW KIDS kill themselves and I have observed the BONECHILLING cold with which the families are treated. A JW who kills themselves is scared, desperate and needs help. Their church ensures A: that they will not get this emotional help, and B: that the family better shut up if they want their child's funeral in the Kingdom Hall, and usuallt that's not allowed.

I know a mother who dragged her kid to meeting only to eventually find him suicided, hanging in his closet by his JW necktie. He was no older than 13. This sort of thing goes on quite often. I would simply love to discuss this topic at length so please do encourage me in this direction so I can type more.

Snipped the ridiculous Koresh statement.

It's only ridiculous cause you don't grasp it. I am pointing to the persecution complex which all cultish brains have. Others understand, even if you are unable.

1- Yup.
2- Nope, thought and discussion on the Bible is ENCOURAGED.
3- Nope, we're all sinners dude, that would be a lonely life if anyone did what you say they do. However, a person that is unrepentant, continued to do whatever they shoudn't are disfellowshiped, they are given every opportunity to stop whatever it is they're doing before hand though AND are allowed back if they turn things around. In between YES, JW's wouldn't associate with them.

Wrong on #2. Discussion of the society's interpretation is allowed, not discussion of the material. You do grasp the difference don't you?

Sorry you feel sinful in regard to #3, "dude". I don't feel sinful, and the fact that you got kicked out and still are nursing your own sinfulness, is sad, IMO. But hey, whatever gets you through the day, eh? Having been shunned and kicked out of the JW cult, I'm sure you tried to survive like anyone else would who's experienced that. If "sinfulness" is a thing you need to hold onto, then go for it.

Whatever dude.

Okaaaay. Did you just feel like posting or did you actually have an argument to offer?

No you don't understand at all. JW's want NO part of this "system of things", that includes the UN.

Not acording to what I posted. Again, did you want to participate in this thread or what?

One can only hope that a little light will shine here. BTW, I'm not counting anything, the only thing I'm doing here is denying ignorance.

You are ignorant regarding the Watchtower Intrepid, as I have said to you before. You have cruelly denied the molestation issue in other threads and in so doing you continue to allow people like this to be hurt. Face up to your actions please.

It will be a pleasure to continue to discuss this if you like. I can go all day on this topic, and I haven't even stepped over to my reference library yet.

[edit on 2-7-2006 by smallpeeps]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
It seems to me , aimed at all religions.. but i cant help wetting myself laughing here at the total idea and people believing it to be the truth..

Its a wind up.

Confused here, you say that you believe this then you say it can't be believed? then you laugh at it?

Myself I believe what they are saying because the UN has been shown to desire a one-world religion but in order to do that it must destroy all other faith based systems first.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
There are always exceptions to the rule with any religion. There are good and bad people in all of them.

Every now and then I will go to a meeting still and all I find is love and compassion. Genuinely good people who love God and believe heartfelt in what they preach.

There is nothing evil going on and every single one that I know now, and knew growing up were nothing but kind and loving people. For those who had bad experiences, perhaps you should find another congregation or KH.

As for the guy that attacked me, he had mental problems. It had nothing at all to do with him being a JW.

Every religion can be attacked. I have studied many religions and in my personal opinion the JW's are the closest to the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join