It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mermaids

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I just watched this special on animal planet about mermaids called Mermaids: the body found and New evidence. It caught me off guard for the simple fact that when it comes to the ocean we don't really know what is down there. It is like 95% undiscovered.

Aquatic ape
Proof we don't know what lives in the ocean Giant Squid

Let me know what you all think.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Oh they'll tell you what they think alright
Welcome

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JDirt

I heard that show was pure science fiction and made up stuff.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm watching it right now.
It's interesting and I'm inclined to think they probably do exist.
As you said, the oceans are virtually unexplored.
We really don't know what is down there.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
P.S. and Welcome to the group

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JDirt

I don't normally respond to mermaid threads--and I do want to point out that there's been a pretty immense number of threads on this very same Animal Planet subject, as a quick search will reveal.

But, as I say, I don't usually respond. It's just that I finally decided that I have to ask the question: How the hell does a half-human/half-fish being come about? It's scientifically pretty certain that even genetically extremely close species can't reproduce. How does either A) a human impregnate a fish; or B) God forefend--a fish impregnate a human?

Presumably the Animal Planet special explains this. I just can't imagine what that explanation might be....

Edit: By the way, welcome aboard. Don't forget to "Deny Ignorance."

edit on 5/27/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDirt
I just watched this special on animal planet about mermaids called Mermaids: the body found and New evidence.

here are some more documentaries on them
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
etc etc.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
how did they come to be?
It's a mystery like what came first.....the chicken or the egg.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Even if that was fake it still got me thinking about it so I done some research and there "was" a website that hosted real documentation on mermaids but was seized by the government. (Why would they seize this.) it just seems to weird. like they are wanting to cover up something.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

I just watched this special on animal planet about mermaids called Mermaids: the body found and New evidence.

here are some more documentaries on them
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
etc etc.
LOL

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Jaellma

Even if that was fake it still got me thinking about it so I done some research and there "was" a website that hosted real documentation on mermaids but was seized by the government. (Why would they seize this.) it just seems to weird. like they are wanting to cover up something.

An ixquick search turns this up on the first page:

Government weighs in on mermaid debate

But what about the seized domain?

"It's a hoax," said Ross Feinstein, spokesman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which oversees the Department Homeland Security.

A look at the code behind the page reveals it's still held by the parent company of the Animal Planet channel, Discovery Communications, which bills itself as "The World's No. 1 Nonfiction Media Company."
A spokesman for Discovery did not immediately return calls.

"The websites we seize are part of what we call 'Operation In Our Sites,' a sustained law enforcement initiative to protect consumers by targeting counterfeit and piracy on the Internet," said ICE's Feinstein. "This operation is focused on counterfeit goods and piracy, not freedom of speech -- including those regarding the existence of mermaids."

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by grumpydaysleeper
We really don't know what is down there.

We will never know what's down there as long as we keep listening to the MSM lies.

The aquatic ape theory is blatant Royal Society propaganda.

These people always lie. PERIOD.

It's been been thoroughly debunked.

Why anthropologists don't accept the Aquatic Ape Theory
johnhawks.net...

The Royal Society involvement in this completely destroys ANY credibility
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

reply to post by Jaellma

"It's a hoax," said Ross Feinstein, spokesman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which oversees the Department Homeland Security.

A look at the code behind the page reveals it's still held by the parent company of the Animal Planet channel, Discovery Communications, which bills itself as "The World's No. 1 Nonfiction Media Company."

"The websites we seize are part of what we call 'Operation In Our Sites,' a sustained law enforcement initiative to protect consumers by targeting counterfeit and piracy on the Internet," said ICE's Feinstein. "This operation is focused on counterfeit goods and piracy, not freedom of speech -- including those regarding the existence of mermaids."

ok but to me that don't explain anything kinda like the Apollo 18 mission that everybody said was fake and they had a website up that proved it all was real and the government seized that to and said the same thing why would they do that if they was not trying to cover anything up sometimes I don't understand how they can keep so much from the people of the world.

link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

reply to post by Jaellma

ok but to me that don't explain anything kinda like the Apollo 18 mission that everybody said was fake and they had a website up that proved it all was real and the government seized that to and said the same thing why would they do that if they was not trying to cover anything up sometimes I don't understand how they can keep so much from the people of the world.

link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Please tell me the fish/people nookie was a joke......If not, then here is one theory floating (no pun intended) around....Way back a bit after cavemen, certain groups, or tribes began living near the ocean. The benefits were many.....Superior brain growth from consuming fish and shellfish, water offering protection from predators, etc.....As more and more time was spent in water, evolution took the reins and gills and tails were not far behind. Some theorists say that womens long hair was for babies to grasp as we swam about.....Anyhew, it's late....nitenite

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
OK. I'm out.

I'm all for a good conspiracy theory, but I'm much more interested in why they lie to us about important things. I guess now I know why I never respond to mermaid threads....

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

lol take it easy bro and thanks for your input on the subject

edit on 27-5-2013 by JDirt because: miss spelled word's

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Proof we don't know what lives in the ocean Giant Squid

We have known about giant squid for quite awhile, it is just recently we have seen it alive in its habitat. Even in your own link, the timeline starts with Aristotle who speaks about it presumably from a corpse that washed up on shore. The name Architeuthis was first used in the 1850's which is what we know it still as today.

List of specimens

While I am positive that there is plenty to be discovered in the ocean, I believe a majority of the estimates of undiscovered species lies in the ocean, mermaids just don't make sense. Also, as for the deep ocean a primate like body would never survive the pressures of the deep ocean where it could hide. Squids actually have the kind of ideal body to deal with pressure at great depths, no air inside means pressure differential does not matter. I'd say there is a better chance of colossal octopi undiscovered like in ancient sea tales than a mermaid.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I believe the whole mermaids program thing is a hoax to stop the navy from using there high tech sonars.

Its like all the fake stories about DU that have been spread.

They are always aimed at the US and NATO even though Russia and China have the same weapons and systems.

I have noticed they tried to blame whale beaching in parts of the world where the US does not operate like off South Africa and southern AU and NZ

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Its amazing how many emu's there are on this thread. Emu's with their heads stuck in the sand in shear denial.

Back in the days of Enoch the fallen Watchers did experiments with humans.

These experiments involved mixing of animal and human DNA.

Minators, Medusa's, mermaids, centaurs, satires, griffons, pegasus's were commonly seen during the days of Atlantis and ancient Greece.

Go ahead, laugh now because when the aliens do show up and start doing their experiments again, you denialists are all going to be eating your words.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join